PDA

View Full Version : david kircus, cecil sapp drafted in UFL

tsiguy96
06-18-2009, 10:36 PM
yep.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/19/ufl-announces-the-results-of-its-draft/

Los Broncos
06-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Why am I thinking of Subway?

thebroncosnation
06-18-2009, 10:48 PM
ha...subway Kircus a sandwich artist. Nate Jackson was also drafted.

BroncoMan4ever
06-18-2009, 10:48 PM
5 dollar foot longs

tsiguy96
06-18-2009, 10:50 PM
i think watching all of shanahans former players that now cant get work proves two things:

1. shanny was a horrible GM
2. shanny could get the absolute most out of the players that he did have (offensively) regardless of how talented they were

PRBronco
06-18-2009, 11:09 PM
I have a feeling that the UFL doesn't know what he's capable of.

CHANGSTER
06-18-2009, 11:22 PM
ha...subway Kircus a sandwich artist. Nate Jackson was also drafted.

A little surprised Action Jackson didn't latch on somewhere else. He got drafted so he went to the UFL workouts. Kind of like giving up.

I didn't even know anything about this UFL thing until I look at their website just now. How are they gonna run a league with 4 teams?

Popps
06-18-2009, 11:23 PM

Finally.

I had to read through six posts for this.

Popps
06-18-2009, 11:33 PM
i think watching all of shanahans former players that now cant get work proves two things:

2. shanny could get the absolute most out of the players that he did have (offensively) regardless of how talented they were

A little frightening, isn't it?

You're exactly right, though. It's not just that our players couldn't find work... a lot of our STARTERS can't find work.

Shanahan was a great game-day coach, but whatever personnel prowess he had is long gone.

broncocalijohn
06-18-2009, 11:44 PM

You mean Sapp and 2k in whatever system? I hope all of them do well. If they want to keep playing the game they love, so be it. There needs to be a minor league football league. So many baseball players in the minor league and all we have is the Canadian Football League, Suspended Arena League and dirt fields in places like Italy. Only 4 teams so it should be somewhat competitive.

Dale Snorts Blow
06-19-2009, 02:37 AM
Sapp was an UDFA picked up by the Broncos in 2003. Kircus was drafted in the sixth round by Lions in 2003, picked up as a street free agent by the Broncos in 2006. Considering the average NFL career is three years, it's miraculous that these two long shots are still collecting a check to play professional football. It sure beats working 9-to-5.

Kudos to both of them.

Dale Snorts Blow
06-19-2009, 03:02 AM

A little frightening, isn't it?

You're exactly right, though. It's not just that our players couldn't find work... a lot of our STARTERS can't find work.

Shanahan was a great game-day coach, but whatever personnel prowess he had is long gone.

These posts disgust me.

Shanahan did not draft either Sapp or Kircus. They both entered the league as long shots in 2003. Yet their current unemployment status in the NFL during their seventh year of professional eligibility is a reflection of Shanahan's poor talent evaluation? You guys are reaching.

BroncoMan4ever
06-19-2009, 03:03 AM
Sapp was an UDFA picked up by the Broncos in 2003. Kircus was drafted in the sixth round by Lions in 2003, picked up as a street free agent by the Broncos in 2006. Considering the average NFL career is three years, it's miraculous that these two long shots are still collecting a check to play professional football. It sure beats working 9-to-5.

Kudos to both of them.

i agree completely. if tomorrow i woke up and i could get paid to play football, regardless of it being UFL, Arena,CFL, or the NFL i would be beyond happy. I could care less about the fame that goes with being an NFL star, i would just be excited to professionally play a sport i have loved my entire life.

Kaylore
06-19-2009, 03:08 AM
Names that caught our eye include Adam Archuleta, Wendell Bryant, David Kircus (they spelled his name wrong on the UFL web site — hopefully that kind of thing doesn’t piss him off, since you wouldn’t like him when he’s upset),
LOL

LittleFloyd
06-19-2009, 07:33 AM
Also drafted by Las Vegas was our old friend Nate Jackson (TE). It does not appear that Chad Mustard was drafted.

STBumpkin
06-19-2009, 08:03 AM
Also drafted by Las Vegas was our old friend Nate Jackson (TE). It does not appear that Chad Mustard was drafted.

Chad was drafted. He was just cut right away. Then picked up off of waivers, then cut again.

loborugger
06-19-2009, 08:06 AM
Chad was drafted. He was just cut right away. Then picked up off of waivers, then cut again.

Will Hotrod, err, Dortoh, err, Capt Snugglie be leaving the Mane and the Broncos behind to follow his man crush? Inquiring minds wanna know.

Popps
06-21-2009, 12:52 AM
These posts disgust me.

Shanahan did not draft either Sapp or Kircus. They both entered the league as long shots in 2003. Yet their current unemployment status in the NFL during their seventh year of professional eligibility is a reflection of Shanahan's poor talent evaluation? You guys are reaching.

That wasn't what he said.

(Though, Shanahan did go through part of Lie DetectorGate for Kircus.)

What was said was... many of our FORMER STARTERS can't even find work, and this isn't unusual. (Remember Ian Gold?)

So, there's no reaching here. You just missed the point.

Dale Snorts Blow
06-21-2009, 01:22 AM
That wasn't what he said.

(Though, Shanahan did go through part of Lie DetectorGate for Kircus.)

What was said was... many of our FORMER STARTERS can't even find work, and this isn't unusual. (Remember Ian Gold?)

So, there's no reaching here. You just missed the point.

Cecil Sapp was a former starter at fullback.

How does a thread about two fringe players going to the UFL turn into a Shanahan bashing fest anyway?

tsiguy96 took the UFL news to make this point and mentioned nothing of former starters...

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
06-21-2009, 01:32 AM

best game day prep in all of football.

Popps
06-21-2009, 01:38 AM
Cecil Sapp was a former starter at fullback.

How does a thread about two fringe players going to the UFL turn into a Shanahan bashing fest anyway?

tsiguy96 took the UFL news to make this point and mentioned nothing of former starters...

It wasn't bashing. He complimented his ability to make use of what he had. He was a phenomenal game-day coach.

His comment centered on Shanahan's inability to bring in the proper talent via free agency and the draft. (Until a recent good couple of drafts.)

Was it completely relevant? I don't know, but it was accurate.

worm
06-21-2009, 02:03 AM
What was said was... many of our FORMER STARTERS can't even find work, and this isn't unusual.

You are confusing your posts with TSIguys...but I TOTALLY see how that is possible for you...so no worries.

You can find tons of reasons to fault Shanny as a GM. However to highlight Cecil (undrafted FA) and Kircus (previous late round pick that was picked up in FA to be a #4-6 WR) as examples of Mike being a 'horrible GM' is ridiculous.

broncoblue
06-21-2009, 04:36 AM
UFL? what is it?

Hogan11
06-21-2009, 07:18 AM
You mean Sapp and 2k in whatever system? I hope all of them do well. If they want to keep playing the game they love, so be it. There needs to be a minor league football league. So many baseball players in the minor league and all we have is the Canadian Football League, Suspended Arena League and dirt fields in places like Italy. Only 4 teams so it should be somewhat competitive.

The AFL just isn't the same and the CFL is just too frickin' weird.

I agree with the need for minor league football and hope the UFL succeeds, at the same time I hope it's based upon the game we see on Sunday and not some gimmicky tweaks like those which doomed the XFL from the getgo and make the AFL this side of unwatchable.

Orange_Beard
06-21-2009, 11:20 AM
kircus will kick your ass.

Karenin
06-21-2009, 11:36 AM
The point is that Shanahan played these scrubs, even started them, when 31 other NFL teams wouldn't even give them a look. This is either because a)Shanahan is a genius who recognized the talent that no one else could or b)Shanahan was an egomaniac who thought he could turn garbage like Kircus and Sapp into NFL players. The fact that none of those players could even make a team after being cut from the Broncos means it is most definitely the latter.

Punisher
06-21-2009, 11:44 AM
I really don't understand...Why would you make another football company right now?..The economy is really ****ed up,I hope they don't expect people to buy tickets.

And who's the face of the company Dennis Green?

Dale Snorts Blow
06-21-2009, 01:03 PM
The point is that Shanahan played these scrubs, even started them, when 31 other NFL teams wouldn't even give them a look. This is either because a)Shanahan is a genius who recognized the talent that no one else could or b)Shanahan was an egomaniac who thought he could turn garbage like Kircus and Sapp into NFL players. The fact that none of those players could even make a team after being cut from the Broncos means it is most definitely the latter.

Ah, Sapp played for the Houston Texans last season and Kircus was with the Dolphins in 2008.