PDA

View Full Version : Be glad you don't live in Toledo, OH

PaintballCLE
06-18-2009, 04:01 PM
TOLEDO, Ohio (June 16) -- Residents of Toledo, Ohio, are complaining that they received $25 tickets for parking their vehicles in their own driveways.

Mayor Carty Finkbeiner says he stands by the citations handed out last week by the Division of Streets, Bridges and Harbor. He says the tickets were issued under a city law against parking on unpaved surfaces, including gravel driveways.

During a news conference Monday, Finkbeiner ignored a reporter's question of whether the crackdown and fines were related to the city's budget crisis.
The three-term mayor faces a recall vote in November. Critics have claimed he's wasted city money.

SouthStndJunkie
06-18-2009, 04:03 PM
I live right outside of Toledo.

This is not the first goofy thing our 'fine' mayor has done during his tenure.

PaintballCLE
06-18-2009, 04:05 PM
I live right outside of Toledo.

This is not the first goofy thing our 'fine' mayor has done during his tenure.

haha sorry to hear that.........Toledo, detroit, and buffalo are the only cities we clevelanders can make fun of.......so we make the most of it! LOL

Spider
06-18-2009, 04:09 PM
;D i used to take the Toledo exit off the greenstamp road and run the skinny road into the Mistake by lake and jump the big road into keystone .......

SouthStndJunkie
06-18-2009, 04:14 PM
haha sorry to hear that.........Toledo, detroit, and buffalo are the only cities we clevelanders can make fun of.......so we make the most of it! LOL

Funny you say that....Cleveland, Akron, Canton, Youngstown, and vicinity are some of the only cities we make fun of.

They don't call Toledo the Mistake on the Lake.

PaintballCLE
06-18-2009, 04:16 PM
;D i used to take the Toledo exit off the greenstamp road and run the skinny road into the Mistake by lake and jump the big road into keystone .......

ENGLISH PLEASE!

you used to take the toledo exit off the toll road (turnpike)........after that you lost me....

TexanBob
06-18-2009, 04:19 PM
No mention of what party affiliation the taxaholic mayor is with, but I can take a wild guess.

Spider
06-18-2009, 04:24 PM
ENGLISH PLEASE!

you used to take the toledo exit off the toll road (turnpike)........after that you lost me....

;D I ran Highway 2 around lake erie to Cleveland , then jumped on I90 to Highway 17 in Pennsylvania

UberBroncoMan
06-18-2009, 04:25 PM
No mention of what party affiliation the taxaholic mayor is with, but I can take a wild guess.

Not really hard to guess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carty_Finkbeiner

Political party - Democratic Party (United States)

SouthStndJunkie
06-18-2009, 04:26 PM

He is a Democrat right now....but at various times and for various offices he has run as a Republican, a Democrat and an Independent.

This is not his first stint as mayor.

WABronco
06-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Haha I remember some quotes from a story about minor league baseball with someone saying what a ****hole that place is. Good use of resources though with those tickets.

PaintballCLE
06-18-2009, 04:33 PM
;D I ran Highway 2 around lake erie to Cleveland , then jumped on I90 to Highway 17 in Pennsylvania

see now wasn't that eaiser........

:wave:

SonOfLe-loLang
06-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Not really hard to guess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carty_Finkbeiner

Political party - Democratic Party (United States)

I dont think a republican can make fun of any democrat in office as long as you have michelle bachmann still around

Spider
06-18-2009, 04:44 PM
see now wasn't that eaiser........

:wave:

A lot less cool on the CB though ;D

broncofan7
06-18-2009, 05:05 PM
T town is certainly one beat down town......I got my 2nd degree from Ohio Northern--a school around 45 minutes south of Toledo--of the two hospital rotations that I did up there--I can tell you, those were two too many..........I bet it was great place to be in the 1960's and 70's though with the auto industry and mills still thriving......

Los Broncos
06-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Well that sucks, I got two for not having a front license plate.

worm
06-18-2009, 10:43 PM
People from Ohio can always make fun of those from west virginia and kentucky..

OrangeRising
06-18-2009, 11:05 PM
TOLEDO, Ohio (June 16) -- Residents of Toledo, Ohio, are complaining that they received $25 tickets for parking their vehicles in their own driveways.

Mayor Carty Finkbeiner says he stands by the citations handed out last week by the Division of Streets, Bridges and Harbor. He says the tickets were issued under a city law against parking on unpaved surfaces, including gravel driveways.

During a news conference Monday, Finkbeiner ignored a reporter's question of whether the crackdown and fines were related to the city's budget crisis.
The three-term mayor faces a recall vote in November. Critics have claimed he's wasted city money.

I heard about this. How incredibly abusive. Toledo isn't all that bad, well, except for nonsense like this.

There are some really nice communities in this general area, including Bowling Green.

I'm a Coloradoan by birth, but, with the exception of these extraordinary winters, I've enjoyed living here. Very green.

Pony Boy
06-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Funny you say that....Cleveland, Akron, Canton, Youngstown, and vicinity are some of the only cities we make fun of.

They don't call Toledo the Mistake on the Lake.

The mistake by the lake is Cleveland. Toledo is where they insert the hose when they give the United States an enima.