PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp!

phibacka31
06-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Hey Guys!!
I'm may possibly be going to camp this summer, but I had a few questions.
First off when are the exact dates?
Is there any fees for going to camp? (parking?admission?)
Lastly, Who else is planning on going?

HILife
06-18-2009, 01:43 PM
PM Kaylore, he's been there alot of times and provided good info from there.

Rock Chalk
06-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Hey Guys!!
I'm may possibly be going to camp this summer, but I had a few questions.
First off when are the exact dates?
Is there any fees for going to camp? (parking?admission?)
Lastly, Who else is planning on going?

If I am still living in this wretched state, I will go. Its right down the road.

Not sure if I will still be here though.

Slade
06-18-2009, 02:19 PM
I am planning on going with my 16 year old brother for a weekend. Not sure on the dates though. I know it starts July 30 though.

bronco militia
06-18-2009, 02:22 PM
If I am still living in this wretched state, I will go. Its right down the road.

who pissed in your rocky mountain oysters? :D

BigPlayShay
06-18-2009, 02:34 PM
They have changed the name to Trading Camp. Fans will get to interact with Pat Bowlen by offering up the craziest trade proposals involving the best players still left on the team. The fan with the winning proposal (ie. the one that Bowlen can remember) will get 50% of the profits for any club level seats they can sell on eBay.

Ambiguous
06-18-2009, 02:37 PM

Whats so bad about CO? :dunno:

crush17
06-18-2009, 03:38 PM

One word.

KANSAS.

Kthxbye.

Meck77
06-18-2009, 04:01 PM

Oh you mean to tell me you missing the smog and stench of Houston? Or is to the 90+degree weather and miserable humidity?

ghwk
06-18-2009, 05:31 PM

Geez, who spit in your corn flakes today.

bronco_boi_5280
06-18-2009, 06:02 PM
It's really not worth a trip. I mean, if you're going to Denver anyways then go, but if not, it's neat but not that cool.

theAPAOps5
06-18-2009, 06:10 PM
I will probably make it down for one session this year. Its free to park, free to enter, and the best times to go in theory are the AM practices. However, I have no clue how McD will run camp so maybe it will be best to go to PM practices.

Don't be the first in line, you will end up at the far end of the field. Position yourself to be in the middle where you see the full width of the field.

Bring sunscreen and water and let us know the dates you go maybe we can make an orangemane TC day!

Los Broncos
06-18-2009, 08:48 PM
I keep wanting to go, next year I'll take some vacation days and go.

SoCalBronco
06-18-2009, 09:07 PM
I'll be there from August 1st to August 8th, although it will probably start in late July.

There are no fees (at least there haven't been in the past when I've been there).

scttgrd
06-18-2009, 09:13 PM
When will the training camp schedule come out? I know I'll be there for most of the days.

Los Broncos
06-18-2009, 09:15 PM
How far of a drive is DV from Denver?

scttgrd
06-18-2009, 09:17 PM
I think it's a good 30 miles from central Denver. It's down Parker Road a good way.

theAPAOps5
06-18-2009, 10:02 PM
I think it's a good 30 miles from central Denver. It's down Parker Road a good way.

No way man Centennial Airport is 16 miles from Downtown Denver and Dove Valley is right next door. With traffic its about a 25 minute drive from Downtown.

scttgrd
06-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Eh, it's been a year since I was down there last, I guess it just seemed farther. I guess I will see you down there.

theAPAOps5
06-18-2009, 10:15 PM
The 25 minutes with traffic is an optimistic amount. But yeah when I worked at Centennial that was a big marketing point that we were closer to Downtown than the big airport or JeffCo Airport for corporate travel.

Ambiguous
06-18-2009, 10:17 PM
I'll be there if I am still not working by then. Perfect time of year to go back and visit family.

I've never been to one before, but my sister is in Littleton so why not?

scttgrd
06-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Thankfully I moved to south Aurora so it's just a ride down Parker. But just getting out of Denver can be a pain.

Kaylore
06-18-2009, 10:23 PM
We don't know yet when camp is, but we can guess it will be sometime near July 31st.

Traditionally it's free you just have to find a place to park. I have trouble believing that Bowlen would pick this year to start charging people to come. He's probably trying to get as many people excited as he can.

The new regime is the wild card here. We don't know if they'll change the start times. We don't know how the practices will be run and we don't know what kind of access they'll allow the fans to have. Previously fans were allowed to sit all along the field to see the team practice. However that's a more recent development. In camps in the past fans were only allowed to line up on middle part of the field. McDaniels could reign in access severely to keep security or he could keep it open to generate interest. I could see him going either way.

So really it's best to just wait until something official comes out and then we'll go from there.

BroncoDoug
06-18-2009, 10:31 PM
I work right down the street, like they said its free, and the best times are the mornings, at least with shanny, most of the vets only practiced once a day, and the mornings they always wore pads. BRING SUNGLASSES!

Ambiguous
06-18-2009, 10:37 PM
The new regime is the wild card here. We don't know if they'll change the start times. We don't know how the practices will be run and we don't know what kind of access they'll allow the fans to have.

Good point. Who here thinks that someone who cut their teeth under Belichick will be a little less adept to an open camp?

SoCalBronco
06-18-2009, 10:50 PM
We don't know yet when camp is, but we can guess it will be sometime near July 31st.

Traditionally it's free you just have to find a place to park. I have trouble believing that Bowlen would pick this year to start charging people to come. He's probably trying to get as many people excited as he can.

The new regime is the wild card here. We don't know if they'll change the start times. We don't know how the practices will be run and we don't know what kind of access they'll allow the fans to have. Previously fans were allowed to sit all along the field to see the team practice. However that's a more recent development. In camps in the past fans were only allowed to line up on middle part of the field. McDaniels could reign in access severely to keep security or he could keep it open to generate interest. I could see him going either way.

So really it's best to just wait until something official comes out and then we'll go from there.

Among my objectives at camp this year will be to take a picture of you and Chris Kuper together holding a copy of that (so called) photoshop of him on your lap.

;D

SoCalBronco
06-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Just as an update, ESPN.com lists July 30th as the first day for Denver's camp.

Kaylore
06-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Among my objectives at camp this year will be to take a picture of you and Chris Kuper together holding a copy of that (so called) photoshop of him on your lap.

;D

That would be great. It's just not camp without you hating on someone. I miss the days of Ian Gold and seeing you seethe whenever I pointed him out to you. I hope I can get McDaniels to give you a hug and get a picture. ROFL!

Kaylore
06-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Good point. Who here thinks that someone who cut their teeth under Belichick will be a little less adept to an open camp?

It'll be open. Bowlen and McD want the city to get excited about the team and he won't shy away from putting the players under the pressure of playing in front of fans. Where I think there could be adjustments is how open they are. It's all speculative at this point, though.

SoCalBronco
06-19-2009, 12:49 AM
That would be great. It's just not camp without you hating on someone. I miss the days of Ian Gold and seeing you seethe whenever I pointed him out to you. I hope I can get McDaniels to give you a hug and get a picture. ROFL!

I'd rather hug Bob's Mom. ;D

Kaylore
06-19-2009, 01:00 AM
I'd rather hug Bob's Mom. ;D

I want to hug that woman too. Remember, she feeds and clothes that man.

24champ
06-19-2009, 01:45 AM
For the love of god, do not bring kids...

watermock
06-19-2009, 02:03 AM
They have changed the name to Trading Camp. Fans will get to interact with Pat Bowlen by offering up the craziest trade proposals involving the best players still left on the team. The fan with the winning proposal (ie. the one that Bowlen can remember) will get 50% of the profits for any club level seats they can sell on eBay.

I guess rep is disabled due to lack of demand?

kupesdad
06-26-2009, 02:07 PM

;D

Good luck with that...he's still creeped out

24champ
06-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Good luck with that...he's still creeped out

Creeped out enough to file a restraining order?:giggle:

kupesdad
06-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Creeped out enough to file a restraining order?:giggle:

No only because I vouched for Khan...I have Chris' wedding picture maybe someone can photoshop Khan in it