PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with our medical staff?

Will Wayfarer
06-18-2009, 11:28 AM
They clear Al Wilson to play a week or two after a career-ending neck injury

They fail to give Jay Cutler a blood test, or even acknowledge that there was anything strange about Jay shedding tens of pounds and having no energy.

And now they tell Brandon Marshall to play through a hip problem that required surgery.

Am I wrong in thinking that our medical staff is: incompetent, only looking out for the company line, or both? Or am I just overreacting?

Spider
06-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Ed Reed .......

broncofan2438
06-18-2009, 11:34 AM
True.....more To An Aweful Offseason

BroncoSojia
06-18-2009, 11:38 AM

They fail to give Jay Cutler a blood test, or even acknowledge that there was anything strange about Jay shedding tens of pounds and having no energy.

And now they tell Brandon Marshall to play through a hip problem that required surgery.

Am I wrong in thinking that our medical staff is: incompetent, only looking out for the company line, or both? Or am I just overreacting?

Don't forget about the Terrell Davis injury or Javon Walker in 2007.

Dudeskey
06-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Its McDaniels' fault....

vancejohnson82
06-18-2009, 11:42 AM
1) the Wilson thing was a tragedy, but he WAS physically fit at the time to play football...and holding a guy like that back is impossible

2) Cutler was supposed to go get blood tests but "skipped" them...theres a quote where he says that the timing didnt work for him

3) many teams do what we did with Marshall last year....especially in the heat of a playoff race....

4) i dont see how Javon or TD is even relevant

Will Wayfarer
06-18-2009, 11:45 AM
It also seems like the medical/health staff is terrible on the preventative side as well. I know injuries are often a matter of bad luck, but the Broncos have been cursed for the past decade. The only notable exception I can think of is 2005. At this point mere chance is insufficient to account for the terrible health of our players.

Or maybe it's just Shanahan's propensity to sign players with extensive injury histories.

Will Wayfarer
06-18-2009, 11:51 AM
3) many teams do what we did with Marshall last year....especially in the heat of a playoff race....

I understand not wanting to sit Marshall out for the rest of the season, but the staff didn't even tell him he needed surgery, period. They either lied to him or are incompetent.

And we all saw Marshall completely vanish for entire games during the payoff run. It's not like he was playing well through pain.

montrose
06-18-2009, 11:53 AM
It was McDaniels' fault.

Archer81
06-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Maybe its time for the Med staff to go.

:Broncos:

Traveler
06-18-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm waiting to see if we again have a recurring problem with hamstrings. If so, I'd like for them to do an evaluation on Tuten's offseason conditioning program.

Rabb
06-18-2009, 12:03 PM
I don't know if the 2 departments are related so forgive my ignorance but if anything I would say the training staff needed some help. Too many injuries last year that seem like they could have been avoided with a different or more diligent stretching program. Again, save the flames because I am not sure how it works but it makes me think they do in fact need some help in the medical/training area.

SoDak Bronco
06-18-2009, 12:05 PM
but they did use the polygraph test to determine Travis Henry wasn't lying..

Northman
06-18-2009, 12:53 PM

No, our medical staff team has been terrible. That's one area that needs immediate upgrades at.

BroncoBuff
06-18-2009, 01:41 PM
No, our medical staff team has been terrible. That's one area that needs immediate upgrades at.

Agreed, totally revamping of the staff.

Important to distinguish though, this doesn't appear to be a trainer
issue. Greek's duties don't extend to x-rays, MRIs or diagnoses. He
wraps ankles, fills the whirlpool and helps guys off the field.

BroncoBuff
06-18-2009, 01:45 PM

Wow, that's an eye-popping list ... plus Javon and TD ... and wasn't Rod
Smith's degenrative hip condition diagnosed a bit late too?

Was it the same staff back when TD was here? I dunno, but the medical
people must've been doing something right in the mid-90s, to keep
that walking train wreck Schlereth on the field ;D

Pony Boy
06-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Maybe its time for the Med staff to go.

:Broncos:

I agree, something is just not right! We might have the worst staff in the NFL.