PDA

View Full Version : So, I'm Cursed.

v2micca
06-18-2009, 06:32 AM
And it is a fairly unique and annoying curse as well. My family has just informed me that I am never allowed to purchase the Jersey of an Active Player again. Let me give a brief history.

Bought Mike Anderson's Jersey after being really high on him for the 2005 Season. Next year he is cut by the team.

Bought Champ Bailey's Jersey. Soon after he is injured and out for most of the year.

And the two-fer. Bought Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall's jerseys last year convinced both would be long term fixtures on the team. We all know how that is playing out.

And that is not even considering my luck in in Baseball were my favorite team is the Atlanta Braves. Let me just run through that list.

Andruw Jones,
Tim Hudson,
John Smoltz,
Jeff Francouer,

Every one of these guys ended up injured, tanked, or abondoned the team (in the case of Andruw he both tanked and abandoned the team) soon after my purchase. As there may still be hope for Francouer I am giving the Jersey to my nephew in the hopes that I can somehow negate the curse.

My sister has suggested I limit myself to throwback jerseys of retired players. But, at the rate I'm going I'm afraid I might end up killing the poor guy.

Broncoman13
06-18-2009, 06:43 AM
And it is a fairly unique and annoying curse as well. My family has just informed me that I am never allowed to purchase the Jersey of an Active Player again. Let me give a brief history.

Bought Mike Anderson's Jersey after being really high on him for the 2005 Season. Next year he is cut by the team.

Bought Champ Bailey's Jersey. Soon after he is injured and out for most of the year.

And the two-fer. Bought Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall's jerseys last year convinced both would be long term fixtures on the team. We all know how that is playing out.

And that is not even considering my luck in in Baseball were my favorite team is the Atlanta Braves. Let me just run through that list.

Andruw Jones,
Tim Hudson,
John Smoltz,
Jeff Francouer,

Every one of these guys ended up injured, tanked, or abondoned the team (in the case of Andruw he both tanked and abandoned the team) soon after my purchase. As there may still be hope for Francouer I am giving the Jersey to my nephew in the hopes that I can somehow negate the curse.

My sister has suggested I limit myself to throwback jerseys of retired players. But, at the rate I'm going I'm afraid I might end up killing the poor guy.

I got a much better idea than your sister's. Pretend you are a Chargers fan for a week. Buy a Rivers, Merriman, and Cromartie jersey. PROBLEM SOLVED.:thumbsup:

vancejohnson82
06-18-2009, 07:09 AM
"Bought Mike Anderson's jersey because I was really HIGH on him"

irony

gunns
06-18-2009, 07:26 AM
I have never had a problem with jersey's. Elway, Atwater, Eddie Mac, Champ, a few others. BUT, I did go buy a Cutler jersey last year. $125.00. I will not do that again. Throwbacks or nada for me.

I am a Braves fan but I don't watch baseball at all anymore, except to see who's winning (or to get a laugh when the Yankees lose) occasionally. Where did Andruw Jones go?

Los Broncos
06-18-2009, 07:30 AM
Just get a custom rag and be done with it.

RaiderH8r
06-18-2009, 07:31 AM
Dude, last jersey I bought was Al Wilson's....Al Wilson's. Never again will I buy a jersey of an active player.

I do want to get a Nails jersey now though. I REALLY held off but now that he's retired I'm ready to get one.

v2micca
06-18-2009, 07:33 AM
I am a Braves fan but I don't watch baseball at all anymore, except to see who's winning (or to get a laugh when the Yankees lose) occasionally. Where did Andruw Jones go?

Signed a mega contract with the Dodgers, spent most of the year injured, tanked badly and was released. I think he is currently playing on a AA team somewhere in the Texas Rangers organization right now.

ColoradoDarin
06-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Wow, I'm impressed. I can't wear my Champ jersey because every time I do, they lose.

BTW, Francouer needs to be sent down to the minors, he sucks.

Archer81
06-18-2009, 10:45 AM

Andruw Jones,
Tim Hudson,
John Smoltz,
Jeff Francouer,

Well, its obvious you are no Rev.

:Broncos:

OBF1
06-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Wow, I'm impressed. I can't wear my Champ jersey because every time I do, they lose.

BTW, Francouer needs to be sent down to the minors, he sucks.

As much as we have lost the past few years, it would not matter which jersey you wore, A good chance we would have lost anyways.

Garcia Bronco
06-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Every Jersey I have ever bought the player leaves the next year. So I stop getting jerseys for myself. Last year...I take this girl to the game....buy her a Cutler Jersey......

So you can blame me.

gyldenlove
06-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Buy a Mcdaniels hoodie, you may do some good ;)

oubronco
06-18-2009, 01:25 PM

please....please......please :~ohyah!:

Hotrod
06-18-2009, 01:29 PM

LOL excellent

Bob's your Information Minister
06-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Jerseys are so 1995

Pony Boy
06-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Someone needs to come out with a jersey Kit. Blank jersey with replaceable velcro numbers and name plate

UberBroncoMan
06-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Jerseys are so 1995

Are leather tights back in Bob?

Tombstone RJ
06-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Just buy an Elway jersey and be done with it...