PDA

View Full Version : any bronco fans left?

tsiguy96
06-17-2009, 10:19 AM
just wondering if im the only one whos going to actually watch and try to enjoy the season this year, rather than bitch and moan non stop about something slated to be entertainment..

BroncoBuff
06-17-2009, 10:24 AM
It's been tough tsi, really really tough. Times that try mens' souls, as they say.

But I couldnt go anywhere even if I wanted, my DNA is tattooed with Denver Broncos.

vancejohnson82
06-17-2009, 10:28 AM
until the newspaper reads "Mathematically Eliminated"....I think this team can make noise in the playoffs

NFLBRONCO
06-17-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm not going anywhere we are totally rebuilding roster it will take time. I'm going to enjoy the process and whatever happens happens. I do not like all this stuff going on but, I'm not running the team. I'm a diehard bronco fan like always its just not so life and death over every move like it used to be for me.

WyoLaw
06-17-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm in!! Like always I'm a Bronco fan! My loyalty is not tied to the players, rather it's tied to the jersey my friend.

bronco_boi_5280
The Broncos were just mathematically eliminated.

Spider
just wondering if im the only one whos going to actually watch and try to enjoy the season this year, rather than b**** and moan non stop about something slated to be entertainment..;D been a fan through thick and thin since 72 ...... Nothing shakes my faith

Smiling Assassin27
for those of us who have sat through some very putrid years, this is a walk in the park.

Spider
06-17-2009, 10:32 AM
for those of us who have sat through some very putrid years, this is a walk in the park.
;D we saw some real bad times ......

NFLBRONCO
06-17-2009, 10:33 AM
;D been a fan through thick and thin since 72 ...... Nothing shakes my faith

We have something in common that is when it started for me as well.

cousinal11
06-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Very frustrating offseason to say the least. Week 1 can't get here soon enough, but no matter what, I will be behind my Broncos.

Beantown Bronco
06-17-2009, 10:34 AM
There are few things in the world more interesting than the "I'm a better fan than you" threads.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-17-2009, 10:35 AM
I've seen things worse than this.

I'm in.

ElwayMD
06-17-2009, 10:36 AM
The Broncos still play football? :) I thought they were one of the new "soaps" that will be playing on NBC.

Seriously though they could bring in a bunch of middle school players and I'd still root for them if they don the orange and blue.

gyldenlove
06-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Hell, I am a fan of a soccer team that I saw get relegated 2 consecutive years, this is nothing...

19Morton77
06-17-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm in!! Like always I'm a Bronco fan! My loyalty is not tied to the players, rather it's tied to the jersey my friend.

for some, their jersey is represented by the player on it ie. Marshall, Cutler, Lelie (ok, nobody really bought a Ashley Lelie jersey did they?) and cant wear it now. Buy old school names and you have a 98% chance you cant go wrong. I know broncosfan2438 started the bandwagon jump late in the 2008 season but I will stick with my Broncos in this season. They havent gone Raider esque yet so why chuck away my years of Broncos passion on a possible bad season?

kamakazi_kal
06-17-2009, 11:00 AM
I bitch plenty about the moves being made .......

That being said it's not gonna stop me from renewing my DirectTV sunday ticket so I can watch every game.

I've said it once and I'll say it again ..... I'd love to eat some crow and be the first to admit every move this offseason has been genius.

barryr
06-17-2009, 11:03 AM
I've been a fan since I was a kid, so not going anywhere. I knew this was a rebuild job, so not expecting Super Bowl this year to say the least. Would like to see more of a complete team for a change.

Tombstone RJ
06-17-2009, 11:05 AM
just wondering if im the only one whos going to actually watch and try to enjoy the season this year, rather than b**** and moan non stop about something slated to be entertainment..

I think my posts speak for themselves. Yes, I'm on board and actually excited about the future of this team.

crush17
06-17-2009, 11:07 AM
bleeding orange and blue since I was born.
never going to change.

UberBroncoMan
06-17-2009, 11:13 AM
A Broncos forum is probably a bad place to ask that question.

Rabb
06-17-2009, 11:13 AM
I won't ever leave

OBF1
06-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Always a fan of the TEAM Just a few fans butts I would like to kick.

It appears that the old school fans are having alot easier time with this off season than the younger fans.

Miss I.
06-17-2009, 11:20 AM
yeah, I am all fatal attraction on this team..."McDaniels, I won't be ignored" if you ignore me, I will simply show up and boil a Patriot...;D

Seriously, love these guys, I like the roller coaster, despite the occasional nausea...it's not much different then dating really...all romance and sweet talk and then bam, bastard thinks just because he got you a steak and wine you should throw your legs...oh wait, nevermind, not like dating...bad me...
Go Broncos! ;D;D

Los Broncos
06-17-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm always pretty excited for the new season even tho we might suck and only win 5 games.

But its hard to stay positive sometimes when the off season is a frigging circus.

Mr.Meanie
06-17-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm excited to see the changes this team is making, and I think they are going to surprise a lot of people this year.

As exciting as it was to watch Cutler sling it all over the field last year, every time they started driving you just knew they were going to end up at 3rd and 10 and be forced to force throws, and walk away with a field goal.

This year feels more like a grind out yards and TOP offense, with a much improved defense. They may not be flashy anymore, but drives that grind out yards and eat up clock just take the heart out of the opposing team, and I love that.

I'm sure there will be rough patches, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us go 8-8 this year, with or without Marshall.

worm
06-17-2009, 11:32 AM

Absolutely. This is easy time.

The years that we judged success solely on one criteria....Beating the Raiders.

Then not being able to do it. Again and again and again. Those years were tough.

DarkHorse30
06-17-2009, 11:35 AM
I may be in a very small minority that thinks that changing out Shanahan for another promising coach was BADLY needed after last year's major choke job......and Bowlen gave Shanahan every chance to redeem himself before showing him the door.

Cutler's hissy fit/trade was good in one very important way....it showed the rest of the team that no one is above getting traded or shopped. Like it or not, when there is a chance that you might get laid off/canned - you will bring your best effort.

PRBronco
06-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Don't worry tsi, I'm friggin pumped for the new look season. The only move I haven't been on board with is Longsnappergate.

Rabb
06-17-2009, 11:41 AM
serious question: are there actually people that stop being fans of a team for some crap like this?

HEAV
06-17-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm more excited about this season (09-10) then the past 2 years!

Change was needed and it's never a smooth transistion from one managment to the next. But again I wasn't married to Shanny like many on here and I can let go easier than others.

Tombstone RJ
06-17-2009, 11:44 AM
I still think the national media thrives on beating down the Broncos. Even when the Broncos had Shanny and "stability" and were considered one of the top franchises in the NFL, the national media always found a way to point out everything wrong with the Broncos and Shanny.

Now that Shanny is gone and McD is a new, young and unknown as far as being a HC, the national media is just eating this franchise up. "What's wrong with the Broncos? The Broncos have fallen on hard times..." blah, blah, blah. While the last 7 years the national media was backhanding the Broncos with stuff like "Mike Shanahan, no longer the mastermind... Shanahan no longer cutting edge coach... Shanahan too much power... Shanahan bad FA signings... Shanahan instability on defense...."

It's all a bunch of crap IMHO. CBS.com can suck it for all I care. Same with ESPN/NBC/ABC and anything coming out of the East Coast.

Popcorn Sutton
06-17-2009, 11:48 AM
just wondering if im the only one whos going to actually watch and try to enjoy the season this year, rather than b**** and moan non stop about something slated to be entertainment..

I'm excited. I'm probably a LOT closer to getting my season tickets and I'm moving back to Denver in a few months. Woohoo!

Tombstone RJ
06-17-2009, 11:48 AM
serious question: are there actually people that stop being fans of a team for some crap like this?

Yes, see picture of "Chargers Fan" in dictionary when looking up "Fair Weather Fan."

Spider
06-17-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm more excited about this season (09-10) then the past 2 years!

Change was needed and it's never a smooth transistion from one managment to the next. But again I wasn't married to Shanny like many on here and I can let go easier than others.

Things went smooth when Reeves came here , but then everyone wanted Red Miller gone by then

listopencil
06-17-2009, 12:28 PM

No, not really. Those people never were fans.

But it seems like every board has to have at least one self appointed Chief of the True Fan Patrol. He's easily recognizable.

BrainSaladSurgery
06-17-2009, 12:59 PM
They've all moved to the RaiderNation. :clown:

bronco610
06-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Fan since 68. Too old to change and wouldn't if I could!!!!!!!!!!!!

Punisher
06-17-2009, 01:12 PM
When last year season was over I would never expect Kyle Orton to be our starting QB and Brandon Marshall to have "trade demands".This off season has been by far the most shocking Off season I have ever witness.

But I'm not jumping off the titanic

I would never turn my back on the Broncos! Never

Bronco Rob
06-17-2009, 01:16 PM
FEH!

I lived through Dan Reeves drafting Tommy Malox in '92 with Carl Pickens still on the board.....

This is nothing more than nats at a picnic...

Annoying...YES!

Life altering.....NO!

:pimp:

BrainSaladSurgery
06-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Fan since 68. Too old to change and wouldn't if I could!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupidity lives!!!! :blueflame

Northman
06-17-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm not going anywhere we are totally rebuilding roster it will take time. I'm going to enjoy the process and whatever happens happens. I do not like all this stuff going on but, I'm not running the team. I'm a diehard bronco fan like always its just not so life and death over every move like it used to be for me.

Yep, basically how i am.

Northman
06-17-2009, 01:24 PM

Ive seen people state they will give up season tickets because of stuff like this let alone drafting a Qb.

broncoblue
06-17-2009, 01:27 PM
bring it on!!! broncos til i die and thats how it is...WHETHER ITS SB OR 0-16
BRONCOS TIL I DIE

BrainSaladSurgery
06-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Yes, see picture of "Chargers Fan" in dictionary when looking up "Fair Weather Fan."

Hahahahha ..... continuing to own your ass, with or without Cu*ntler & Hochuli.

Bring it, biotch - the proof is in the pudding & yours will be donkey **** once again. :strong:

Punisher
06-17-2009, 01:38 PM
This is how i feel,Cutler can go to hell and i hope he dies of diabetes and as for Marshall if you want to turn your back on the broncos I hope you go to jail for beating up your 15th girlfriend.

And the last time Ive checked Inmates don't take guys that have been guilty of domestic violence kindly,they pretty much rape them or beat them half to death.

BroncoMan4ever
06-17-2009, 01:42 PM
i am orange and blue to the core

no offseason no matter how strange can change that

Miss I.
06-17-2009, 01:46 PM

Bring it, biotch - the proof is in the pudding & yours will be donkey **** once again. :strong:

when did bobo become frank zappa's asshole? just curious...

BrainSaladSurgery
06-17-2009, 01:47 PM
This is how i feel,Cutler can go to hell and i hope he dies of diabetes and as for Marshall if you want to turn your back on the broncos I hope you go to jail for beating up your 15th girlfriend.

And the last time Ive checked Inmates don't take guys that have been guilty of domestic violence kindly,they pretty much rape them or beat them half to death.

Damn ..... have I found a friend? :welcome:

Boltjolt
06-17-2009, 01:47 PM
until the newspaper reads "Mathematically Eliminated"....I think this team can make noise in the playoffs

Your team wont sniff any playoffs this year. New defensive sheme for which you still dont have all ther pieces for, a worse QB even though he isnt a crybaby, Marshall is a douche but he is talented....you wont have him, and a new offense. That stuff takes time to gel.

I see 8-8 or 7-9 for you guys.

Archer81
06-17-2009, 01:48 PM

Internet tough guy. How many superbowls have the chargers won? Dont worry, I'll wait.

:Broncos:

Miss I.
06-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Internet tough guy. How many superbowls have the chargers won? Dont worry, I'll wait.

well, maybe some of them took a bet on the Budbowl and won, do you think that might count...or I bet they own salad bowls so maybe that works for the Chugger contingency..

Archer81
06-17-2009, 01:57 PM
well, maybe some of them took a bet on the Budbowl and won, do you think that might count...or I bet they own salad bowls so maybe that works for the Chugger contingency..

Funny thing about superbowls...you actually have to get to the game to win it. Crazy right? SD is the same place Denver is when the superbowl is on...at home, watching other teams.

Beantown Bronco
06-17-2009, 01:58 PM
i am orange and blue to the core

no offseason no matter how strange can change that

What if Bowlen sold the team to Al Davis?

Miss I.
06-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Funny thing about superbowls...you actually have to get to the game to win it. Crazy right? SD is the same place Denver is when the superbowl is on...at home, watching other teams.

Do you think what burns them most is that we won our first Superbowl in their stadium, cuz i would think that might bother them..

BrainSaladSurgery
06-17-2009, 01:59 PM

963 champions, that's it. No denying that your horse-toothed little biotch Elway won a couple. But guess what? He'll always be a biatch for not playing for theteam that drafted him.

We're going to push your azzes around this year ... and the next .... and the next .....

Get used to playing the *itch role. It's gonna feel almost comfortable before you get out of it.

:thanku:

BrainSaladSurgery
06-17-2009, 02:00 PM

1963 champions, that's it. No denying that your horse-toothed little biotch Elway won a couple. But guess what? He'll always be a biatch for not playing for the team that drafted him.

We're going to push your azzes around this year ... and the next .... and the next ..... :kiss:

Get used to playing the *itch role. It's gonna feel almost comfortable before you get out of it.

Archer81
06-17-2009, 02:02 PM
963 champions, that's it. No denying that your horse-toothed little biotch Elway won a couple. But guess what? He'll always be a biatch for not playing for theteam that drafted him.

We're going to push your azzes around this year ... and the next .... and the next .....

How hard is it for you to spell the word Bitch? It must really bother you that Manning pulled an Elway, went to NY and won a SB, while Rivers continues to look like he is getting fisted by Andre the Giant. I would be more worried about an aging LT, no solid game to game back behind him to carry the load when LT does get hurt and your awful secondary, not to mention Roids boy becoming incredibly average. But keep talking, your abuse of the English language is a riot.

Miss I.
06-17-2009, 02:03 PM
1963 champions, that's it. No denying that your horse-toothed little biotch Elway won a couple. But guess what? He'll always be a biatch for not playing for the team that drafted him.

We're going to push your azzes around this year ... and the next .... and the next ..... :kiss:

did you like this post so much you posted it twice or are you just not very bright?

Anyway, it seems the QB's that leave SD do better elsewhere, Eli got himself a bowl avoiding SD...just saying...And Drew Brees got a bottomdwelling team to some playoffs and some excellent stats to boot..

WABronco
06-17-2009, 02:04 PM
If you're questioning your fanhood of a team because of personnel moves, really, get lost.

With that said, fans have always been fickle. Deal with the retards, it's not that hard.

Archer81
Do you think what burns them most is that we won our first Superbowl in their stadium, cuz i would think that might bother them..

Oh, totally. Chargers fans are typically Californian. All for them when they win, drop them in a heartbeat when they lose. Poor widdle chuggers.

oubronco
I am a Diehard Bronco fan that said this offseason is a Bigtime bummer we haven't had a franchise QB since Elway and when we get one he gets jettisoned outta town and we're left with scrubs again and then this Mashall crap and I'm not happy with this offseason but what can we do but wait and see what happens

Rabb
06-17-2009, 02:05 PM
my favorite thing is when Chargers fans come in here looking to start trouble and only make themselves look incompetent and childish

move along troll

Hulamau
06-17-2009, 02:09 PM
I b**** plenty about the moves being made .......

That being said it's not gonna stop me from renewing my DirectTV sunday ticket so I can watch every game.

I've said it once and I'll say it again ..... I'd love to eat some crow and be the first to admit every move this offseason has been genius.

Get your oven warm and keep your Maalox handy, you're going to be sick of crow by end of December.

Boltjolt
06-17-2009, 02:12 PM

Dont bother me. I actually rooted for them to win because i am an AFC guy and i wanted to see Elway get a ring. Im not a spiteful fan like you are. However, i did NOT and never will root for the Raiders to win it regardless of what conference they are in.

I hope they go 0-16 every year.

BrainSaladSurgery
06-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Yeah, the tequila shots made me double-post. So shoot me. :peace:

Yeah, I have an issue with little bitches who think that, straight outta college, they're too good to play for the team that drafted them. Sound familiar?

Enjoy the past. The future looks pretty freakin' rough for you ... even without the drama.

Cutler was never a winner ... and you downgraded. :spit:

Marshall is leaving .... he's immature & a bit crazy, but he is a talent. Another loss.

Either McDaniels or Bowlen is having a meltdown ... take your pick, I couldn't care less.

And, oh yeah .... you're out-gunned.

Bitches. ad infinitum.

See ya later. Don't worry ... I'll be back unless some biatch bans me. :afro:

Archer81
06-17-2009, 02:17 PM

Yeah, I have an issue with little b****es who think that, straight outta college, they're too good to play for the team that drafted them. Sound familiar?

Enjoy the past. The future looks pretty freakin' rough for you ... even without the drama.

Marshall is leaving .... he's immature & a bit crazy, but he is a talent. Another loss.

Either McDaniels or Bowlen is having a meltdown ... take your pick, I couldn't care less.

b****es. ad infinitum.

Your mother must have downed bleach when she was pregnant with you. Poor guy.

Miss I.
06-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Dont bother me. I actually rooted for them to win because i am an AFC guy and i wanted to see Elway get a ring. Im not a spiteful fan like you are. However, i did NOT and never will root for the Raiders to win it regardless of what conference they are in.

I hope they go 0-16 every year.

first of all, I am not a spiteful fan, you and that idiot saladhead came into our board to stir up exactly this reaction. What did you expect? I expected some Charger fans to come in and gloat and you did exactly that. Congratulations, you are at exactly the level of Bobo and that Saladhead guy

And okay, I am with you on the Raiders, I grew up in LA, hated them, rooted for everyone to kick their asses as often and as painfully as possible.

And sadly, I will cop to a soft spot for the KC Chiefs because I really liked Tony Gonzalez and Lamar Hunt...so while I want them to lose to us, in the end like you I would probably want them to win the ring over an NFC team..even though it would mean Bobo in here every damn day until we had him banned...sighhh.

oubronco
06-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Your mother must have downed bleach when she was pregnant with you. Poor guy.

or was smokin rock with her legs spread at the homeless shelter

Meck77
06-17-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm painting the bus silver and black. Sorry fellas I just couldn't hang.

Miss I.
06-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Bowlen is a drunk. I'm painting the bus silver and black.

meck! you cannot do that...that's worse than being Bobo's first lay (his poor cousin)...come on back from the ledge buddy...

At least paint it green and gold and put a big Dorado on it...so not to be confused with a packer bus

Archer81
06-17-2009, 02:21 PM
or was smokin rock with her legs spread at the homeless shelter

LOL. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Irish Stout
06-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Wow... it keeps amazing me as the years progress how the KC trolls become quieter and quieter and the SD fans keep getting more and more obnoxious. They obviously forget that 7 + years ago they were the pity of our division and that they have only been to the AFC Championship game 4 times since 1970 (losing 3 of those). The Broncos on the other hand have been 8 times, winning 6 of those. The biggest difference between SD and Denver, is that we absolutely know we'll get there again, you idiots just hope.

As much as I will be pulling for the Broncos, its more likely than not there will be struggles next year and a major losing record is possible. This is an entirely new team with an entirely new scheme. Anything can happen and to try and analyze it from any perspective is tough until we've actually seen the unit in action. Give it a year or two, we'll be on the right track again.

Spider
06-17-2009, 02:27 PM

we are not Charger fans ......... :rofl: I remember listening to a local program in San Diego , begging fans not to sell their tickets to Raider fan ...Charger fan got alot of issues I guess ......

Spider
06-17-2009, 02:30 PM

Yeah, I have an issue with little b****es who think that, straight outta college, they're too good to play for the team that drafted them. Sound familiar?

b****es. ad infinitum.

Hilarious! banned ? if we had a weak smack rule , I guess you would get banned ....... But we dont have that rule s you are safe

broncocalijohn
06-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Your team wont sniff any playoffs this year. New defensive sheme for which you still dont have all ther pieces for, a worse QB even though he isnt a crybaby, Marshall is a douche but he is talented....you wont have him, and a new offense. That stuff takes time to gel.

I see 8-8 or 7-9 for you guys.

I will take that with the schedule we have. It takes a Charger fan to be more optimistic (well, except Atlas and his 16 and 0 predictions every year).

DBroncos4life
06-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Some of us just question the **** being handed to us to eat others just eat the crap without taking it out of the package. While it is possible to move on without Cutler and do ok next year, if we only get picks for Marshall and have to move on without Marshall we are not going to win many games next year.

Punisher
06-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Marshall and Cutler are going to be salty when we when the Super Bowl this Year!

Go Broncos

Tombstone RJ
06-17-2009, 03:39 PM

Wow, a Frank Zappa avatar AND your poster name from an Emerson Lake & Palmer album!

Nicely done...

footstepsfrom#27
06-17-2009, 03:46 PM
We need more threads bitching about people bitching.

tsiguy96
06-17-2009, 03:48 PM
We need more threads b****ing about people b****ing.
or maybe people should just stop bitching until we know if they really have something to bitch about (i.e. we see the team sucks on the field) instead of people just predicting how bad the team will suck in the future. we all know how good you guys are at predicting.

ZONA
06-17-2009, 03:49 PM
I've been a fan since I was a kid, so not going anywhere. I knew this was a rebuild job, so not expecting Super Bowl this year to say the least. Would like to see more of a complete team for a change.

same here

thebroncosnation
06-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Hellz yeah! There are some of us who are still here. I will always blled orange n blue!!!!!!!!!!

footstepsfrom#27
06-17-2009, 04:30 PM
or maybe people should just stop b****ing until we know if they really have something to b**** about
Pretty sure that fact's been established.

tsiguy96
06-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Pretty sure that fact's been established.

what facts? have you seen the team play yet? do you know where they will suck or where they will be strong?

didnt think so. until you do, you have nothing to bitch about.

Spider
06-17-2009, 04:36 PM
12-4 playoffs .......... Orton is better then alot think ( he has been my adopted Bronco since day 1 of the trade ....) we are keeping Hillis , Sheff is coming along well ...............Defense will gel before offense will .....

garandman
06-17-2009, 04:47 PM
I think we are ALL obviously always Bronco fans, but like others have said it is hair pulling type frustration that eminates from the FO. We seem to be running off some of the best talent we have had in years for silly reasons. I fear we could be seeing mediocrity continue maybe even worsen.

Maybe we get lucky again with an unknown (Insert Bradstater here). Time will tell...

Rock Chalk
06-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Its just a game.

Fun to watch, but its just a game.

Many things in life are more important than the Broncos. Whether they are good or bad. Win the superbowl or go 0-16. Few here will abandon the team, regardless of how much they bitch and moan. Im sure there will be a bandwagon fan or two along the way, but who cares.

I know one thing. Im a better fan than all of you. :)

lazarus4444
06-17-2009, 05:26 PM
There are few things in the world more interesting than the "I'm a better fan than you" threads.

hmmmmm, you must be in the wrong thread because nobody is saying "i'm a better fan than you" to anybody.

DrFate
06-17-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm not sure why criticizing bad moves makes someone a bad fan.

As if criticizing the government makes you unpatriotic.

The reason people are ripping Sparky and the disaster that is this offsesason is BECAUSE they are fans - they care.

Truth be told - this team is more *interesting* than it has been in several years. I stand by my predictions for the season - but it should be interesting regardless.

FireFly
06-17-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm still excited about the upcoming season!

And next year and the year after. I'm still on board the "we're going in the right direction now" train!

All aboard! Whoo Whoo!

Heck, I might not have agreed with everything this offseason, but its kept me entertained and enthralled!

FireFly
06-17-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm not sure why criticizing bad moves makes someone a bad fan.As if criticizing the government makes you unpatriotic.

The reason people are ripping Sparky and the disaster that is this offsesason is BECAUSE they are fans - they care.

Truth be told - this team is more *interesting* than it has been in several years. I stand by my predictions for the season - but it should be interesting regardless.

It does NOT.

In fact criticizing the moves you disagree with shows that you ARE a fan! It shows that you care about the direction your beloved team is going. It shows that you have an opinion. For right or wrong it shows that you CARE about your team!

I say, its the people that don't care about all the dumb moves that are lesser fans!

bronco610
06-17-2009, 07:13 PM
All you young fans don't remember the days of Floyd Little and after that, the Orange Crush. When Little was on the team we didn't win alot and that along with the rest of the early Broncos AFL history will probably cost him the hall of fame. Still picture it, it was 3rd and 4, everyone knew Floyd was going to get the ball, the other teams coaches knew it, the defense knew it and we the Bronco fans knew it. Bamm, 4 yards and the cheers that came could be heard across the city of denver. The Orange Crush wasn't about offense it was boring football with a great Defense. It was awesome. No prima-donna's at QB or wide reciever just hard nose (we can kick your ass) football. Hopefully the days of smash mouth long drives that consume the clock and strong Defense are on the way back. It ain't pretty, and those fans who have never been a part of it are in for a treat. Win or lose the Broncos always had the greatest fans in football and I don't expect that to change.

spdirty
06-17-2009, 07:29 PM
I just despise and will continue to despise McDaniels until he gives me a reason not to.

Doesnt mean Im not a Bronco fan, I also despised Barnett and Hurdle.

But Id be happier to have McDaniels force me to eat crow for despising him by winning, which most likely won't happen. Hope Im wrong. Doesnt mean Im not a Bronco fan anymore, just dont like the current regime.

frerottenextelway
06-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Having no expectations, I'm sure I'll enjoy this season greatly. Sit back, chug a few, and just watch foooootball worry-free. If anyone good happens, that much the better.

Br0nc0Buster
06-17-2009, 07:40 PM
I dont care if people think the Broncos will suck, the Broncos wont be awesome every year just because we want them to be, but some of the "concerns" some people have are just freaking stupid

Its one thing to be skeptical, its another to say Kyle Orton has a noodle arm, or McDaniels is some sort of megalomaniac because Jay Cutler isnt his best friend.

Some people should take some Ritalin and chill the **** out

With that said I think we go 9-7
Dont expect the playoffs, but I do expect us to be a bit more competitive

jbiel
06-17-2009, 07:42 PM
This offseason has been tuffer then hell, but I'm sticking with the team and organization. Personally, I don't think we'll lose BMarsh. I just want the season to start so we can know whether or not our boys will be able to compete. On a side note, I came off the waiting list and bought season tix this year with a few buddies. Excited about that although I won't make it too many games, but it's been a lifelong dream. Wish it would have happened in a more positive offseason though.

ZachKC
06-17-2009, 08:18 PM
I still think the national media thrives on beating down the Broncos. Even when the Broncos had Shanny and "stability" and were considered one of the top franchises in the NFL, the national media always found a way to point out everything wrong with the Broncos and Shanny.

Now that Shanny is gone and McD is a new, young and unknown as far as being a HC, the national media is just eating this franchise up. "What's wrong with the Broncos? The Broncos have fallen on hard times..." blah, blah, blah. While the last 7 years the national media was backhanding the Broncos with stuff like "Mike Shanahan, no longer the mastermind... Shanahan no longer cutting edge coach... Shanahan too much power... Shanahan bad FA signings... Shanahan instability on defense...."

It's all a bunch of crap IMHO. CBS.com can suck it for all I care. Same with ESPN/NBC/ABC and anything coming out of the East Coast.

Yea, its the national medias fault.

bronco_boi_5280
06-17-2009, 08:19 PM

Hey, if they could get Obama elected, surely they can take down the Denver Broncos.

Hi-yoooooooo

ZachKC
06-17-2009, 08:20 PM
what facts? have you seen the team play yet? do you know where they will suck or where they will be strong?

didnt think so. until you do, you have nothing to b**** about.

Do you have some macro button on your keyboard that allows you to post all this "I am on pedestal" bull**** over and over without having to type it out each time. JFC.

tsiguy96
06-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Do you have some macro button on your keyboard that allows you to post all this "I am on pedestal" bull**** over and over without having to type it out each time. JFC.

nope, wish i did. also wish one that would shut off others computers.

ZachKC
06-17-2009, 08:25 PM
nope, wish i did. also wish one that would shut off others computers.

Maybe this board isn't for you?

tsiguy96
06-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Maybe this board isn't for you?

oh the irony, coming from a chiefs fan posting on a broncos message board.

ZachKC
06-17-2009, 08:30 PM

I go back and forth with some posters and get news about the league. Lots of good football on here.

I mean I could try to convince everyone that they are wrong and they should use the board the way I do and enjoy the team they like they way I do but that seems to be your thing.

I enjoy my time here, can you say the same?

bronco_boi_5280
06-17-2009, 08:31 PM

Unintentional comedy at its finest.

ZachKC
06-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey, if they could get Obama elected, surely they can take down the Denver Broncos.

Hi-yoooooooo

Yea, like it is the media's fault Republicans couldn't put anyone up worth voting for.

gunns
06-17-2009, 08:42 PM

You majorily overrate yourself.

As with any other year I will watch, at times I will enjoy and I will also bitch and moan, just like any other year with the Broncos. It may be entertainment but my blood, sweat, and tears have been a part of my sheer enjoyment of the Broncos since 1970. I've earned the right to bitch and moan. If I didn't, it would mean I didn't care.

tsiguy96
06-17-2009, 08:45 PM
You majorily overrate yourself.

As with any other year I will watch, at times I will enjoy and I will also b**** and moan, just like any other year with the Broncos. It may be entertainment but my blood, sweat, and tears have been a part of my sheer enjoyment of the Broncos since 1970. I've earned the right to b**** and moan. If I didn't, it would mean I didn't care.

im all for bitching and moaning, but not until AFTER you see whats wrong with the team. for all we know teh dline could predictably suck, but they could also be decent with the new scheme, new coaching and leadership on D.

again, all bets are off as everything is different, no one knows how this team will look in september. why start bitching in june...

gunns
06-17-2009, 08:51 PM
im all for b****ing and moaning, but not until AFTER you see whats wrong with the team. for all we know teh dline could predictably suck, but they could also be decent with the new scheme, new coaching and leadership on D.

again, all bets are off as everything is different, no one knows how this team will look in september. why start b****ing in june...

Thank God we're all different, makes it oh so much more interesting. It does not make you the only one that's going to watch the season and try to enjoy it. Some great Bronco fans on this board with great passion for the team. Sometimes that plays out to bitching and moan BEFORE we see the actual product because of that great passion. In other words, get over it.

Orange Blood
06-17-2009, 09:04 PM
This thread is horse****.

Everybody who frequents this board is a fan of a team, otherwise they wouldn't be here devoting countless hours of their valuable time to following the Denver Broncos.

ZachKC
06-17-2009, 09:20 PM
im all for b****ing and moaning, but not until AFTER you see whats wrong with the team. for all we know teh dline could predictably suck, but they could also be decent with the new scheme, new coaching and leadership on D.

again, all bets are off as everything is different, no one knows how this team will look in september. why start b****ing in june...

People are not idiots for having a feeling or a hunch on how things will pan out in the span of the season.

You lose your coach, your decent QB, and it looks like your star WR then **** is going to get a little hectic at the office. Are the Broncos doomed forever? No. Will the Broncos probably be looking at a rough and tumble season while their young head coach turns things around? Probably. People are not idiots for seeing that and discussing it.

SoCalBronco
06-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Zach > tsiguy96

Orange Blood
06-17-2009, 09:25 PM
People are not idiots for having a feeling or a hunch on how things will pan out in the span of the season.

You lose your coach, your decent QB, and it looks like your star WR then **** is going to get a little hectic at the office. Are the Broncos doomed forever? No. Will the Broncos probably be looking at a rough and tumble season while their young head coach turns things around? Probably. People are not idiots for seeing that and discussing it.

you :rofl:

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2889/313006613smayvfph.jpg (http://img37.imageshack.us/i/313006613smayvfph.jpg/)

Orange Blood
06-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Zach > tsiguy96

I guess that makes tsiguy96 a maggot.

ZachKC
06-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Oh snap.

SoCalBronco
06-17-2009, 09:31 PM
I guess that makes tsiguy96 a maggot.

He's not a maggot. But he does have an annoying tendency to play "real fan" and do too much worthless flag waving. He also has an annoying and hypocritical tendency to tell people to not criticize the team until they see what happens on the field when he's more than willing to play cheerleader for anything and everything McD and his band of foot soldiers do in the offseason without seeing whether it will work or not.

Everytime I see his posts I'm reminded of stuff thats usually posted on www.denverbroncos.com/forums/homomania

BroncoDoug
06-17-2009, 09:31 PM
im still here... as I always will be

OrangeRising
06-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Some of us just question the **** being handed to us to eat others just eat the crap without taking it out of the package. While it is possible to move on without Cutler and do ok next year, if we only get picks for Marshall and have to move on without Marshall we are not going to win many games next year.

Oh no. No picks. Quick, someone check to see if there is a non-catching blocking TE coming out next year. The temptation might be too much.

As for the team, I live around Browns and Bengal fans. There is a constant pall of sadness built into those fan bases.

At least Broncos fans can be wildly unrealistic and think they have a chance of being right.

Spider
06-17-2009, 10:17 PM
;D I Iam the last person to stick up for TSI guy , he does get on my last nerve , but no way in hell could I take a Chief fans side over his .....

bronco610
06-17-2009, 10:18 PM
;D I Iam the last person to stick up for TSI guy , he does get on my last nerve , but no way in hell could I take a Chief fans side over his .....

Ditto !!!

Spider
06-17-2009, 10:21 PM
I go back and forth with some posters and get news about the league. Lots of good football on here.

I mean I could try to convince everyone that they are wrong and they should use the board the way I do and enjoy the team they like they way I do but that seems to be your thing.

I enjoy my time here, can you say the same?
For when the on line ass kissing gets to be too much ..... And only because I care ....
http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/02/chapstick1.jpg

OrangeRising
06-17-2009, 10:23 PM
For when the on line ass kissing gets to be too much ..... And only because I care ....
http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/02/chapstick1.jpg

Now that's funny!

Orange Blood
06-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Oh snap.

Not much difference between you and a fat pig :rofl:

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5903/2987844557fa002a6575o.jpg (http://img191.imageshack.us/i/2987844557fa002a6575o.jpg/)

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4786/imagepreviewf.jpg (http://img13.imageshack.us/i/imagepreviewf.jpg/)

BrainSaladSurgery
06-18-2009, 04:34 AM
Is mom smack the best that you mountain oyster eating mother****ers got? :afro: What's the average age here ..... 13?14?

I save my best for when the ass-kicking starts for real - on the field.

Right now you dumb ****s are just the appetizers. The real feast starts once you step on the field & get your asses handed to you.

See ya around, you snotty ****sticks. :welcome:

You wanna talk some completely uncensored smack? Bring your asses here (http://profootballxxx.com). We already sent your boy Ass-Clownie Royale running like a little bitch. Bring it on if you have a pair.

Spider
06-18-2009, 04:49 AM
Is mom smack the best that you mountain oyster eating mother****ers got? :afro: What's the average age here ..... 13?14?

Right now you dumb ****s are just the appetizers. The real feast starts once you step on the field & get your asses handed to you.

You wanna talk some completely uncensored smack? Bring your asses here (http://profootballxxx.com). We already sent your boy Ass-Clownie Royale running like a little b****. Bring it on if you have a pair.
what in the hell are you babbling about ?

MOCRUSH
06-18-2009, 05:26 AM

I think this is a solicitation for one throat punch...to go.

gunns
06-18-2009, 07:21 AM

He was attempting to rile us up while promoting a web site that allows more than "mom smack". I didn't know they named some smack after my position. My kids think my smack can hurt.

Spider
06-18-2009, 07:41 AM
He was attempting to rile us up while promoting a web site that allows more than "mom smack". oh talking **** on the internet with a bunch of idiots that wont back it up .... gee where do I sign up ? I didn't know they named some smack after my position. My kids think my smack can hurt.

Threaten me with a good time ;D .. use me and abuse me make me write bad checks all over town ;D

vancejohnson82
06-18-2009, 07:42 AM

You wanna talk some completely uncensored smack? Bring your asses here (http://profootballxxx.com). We already sent your boy Ass-Clownie Royale running like a little b****. Bring it on if you have a pair.

Uber-Moron

Spider
06-18-2009, 07:45 AM
Is mom smack the best that you mountain oyster eating mother****ers got?

And that would be Rocky Mountain oysters you dumb prick .....

Tombstone RJ
06-18-2009, 08:24 AM

Point being, the national media tends to paint an ugly picture of the Broncos no matter how good or bad they are doing.

ZachKC
06-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Point being, the national media tends to paint an ugly picture of the Broncos no matter how good or bad they are doing.

Myth.

Spider
06-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Myth.

well seeing how you know fact from myth ..... I have to ask , if 2 chief fans get a divorce would they still brother and sister ?

Tombstone RJ
06-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Myth.

Oh really:

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=nfldk2K8_dencamp

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-12-25-603910690_x.htm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2636472

It took me all of 3 minutes to dig these articles up, none of which paint a rosey picture of the Broncos.

colonelbeef
06-18-2009, 02:45 PM
I am and always will be a fan of the team, they are my favorite franchise in professional sports. I am, however, not happy about the fact that the offseason has been a total disaster, and the best player and future superstar QB was traded away because of egos run amok.

When another team I love, the New York Knicks, signed Allan Houston to a max contract (100 million over 7 years) when the highest bidder outside the franchise was offering roughly half that, I said at the time that it was quite moronic and would hurt the franchise for years to come. Guess what? The knicks are still trying to recover from that debacle. I don't love them any less, but a stupid move is a stupid move, and being a fan doesn't change that.

Calling it like you see it doesn't make you any more or less of fan of a team, it makes you a realist with a sense of perspective. Lauding a team no matter how stupid the moves makes you a lapdog homer.

Atlas
06-18-2009, 03:03 PM

So it is OK to come in here and say the Broncos are greta the Broncos are going to the Playoffs the BRoncos will be fine, but it is not OK to say the Broncos will suck until we see them play???

ZachKC
06-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Oh really:

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=nfldk2K8_dencamp

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-12-25-603910690_x.htm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2636472

It took me all of 3 minutes to dig these articles up, none of which paint a rosey picture of the Broncos.
Seriously? In this age of sports opinion and information there are negative things about an NFL team?

You are just being sensitive.

It also doesn't help that the Broncos are having a clownish off season. Why would someone writing about the Broncos right now have good things to say?