PDA

View Full Version : We no longer have Jay becuase....

chrisp
06-17-2009, 05:49 AM
Just curious as to what the opinions are out there. I know that some people have pretty entreched views on this but I find that odd becuase a lot of it hinges on stuff that happened behind closed doors or in people's heads that we couldn't possibly know....I have expressed my opinions on this in other threads but in this one I'm just seeking to find out other peoples....

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-17-2009, 05:57 AM
Are you ****ing serious? It's over, dude. And you're going to start another ****ing thread on this ****ing subject?

Christ.

Popcorn Sutton
06-17-2009, 05:59 AM
Another Jay Cutler thread...

Nice.

chrisp
06-17-2009, 06:02 AM
I'm genuinely curious!!!!! I'm not trying to advance arguments for and against just want to know what the split is....

Yeah I know that people will still probably use this thread as an excuse to flog the dead horse but it will be relegated to page 136 by tomorrow morning I'm quite certain.

Besides, its only a discussion forum - what else is there to talk about? its not like we have any other major issues right now is it?

oh hang on a minute.......;D

Broncoman13
06-17-2009, 06:05 AM
Just curious as to what the opinions are out there. I know that some people have pretty entreched views on this but I find that odd becuase a lot of it hinges on stuff that happened behind closed doors or in people's heads that we couldn't possibly know....I have expressed my opinions on this in other threads but in this one I'm just seeking to find out other peoples....

We don't have Jay b/c he felt betrayed by the organization. More than just McD. Funny how everyone made this out to be a contract issue yet he hasn't asked for a new contract yet...

BroncoInSkinland
06-17-2009, 06:25 AM
For a bomb, you need explosives and a fuse. Jay's whiny attitude, ego (partially fueled by Shanahan's coddling), and fear of change were the explosive. McDaniels exploring trade possibilities for Cassel, and his lack of communication at the begining of everything was the fuse. At least that's how I view it, the only real answer available on the poll is I don't know. No one outside of Cutler, Bowlen, and McDaniels real knows and that probably will never change.

ohiobronco2
06-17-2009, 07:25 AM
Jay's a sissy little girl and McDaniels is an a**hole. What's not to understand?

Northman
06-17-2009, 07:30 AM
Ultimately, the kid wanted out.

tsiguy96
06-17-2009, 07:36 AM
Ultimately, the kid wanted out.

exactly. he was not mentally strong or emotionally mature enough to handle "change" so he cried his way out of town.

Hotrod
06-17-2009, 07:37 AM
McDip**** thinks he is ****ing Hitler

Rabb
06-17-2009, 07:42 AM
no offense to the OP and I know nobody cares but between this and Marshall now, there are maybe 2 threads total for the week I actually want to read

Spider
06-17-2009, 07:51 AM
Jay who ?

lostknight
06-17-2009, 08:10 AM
There is only one answer to this. Jay is no longer with the team, because management (Bowlen and McDaniels) traded him. Period.

Jay could not walk in and write his own trade. To even talk with other teams carries the risk of a formal tampering complaint.

At the end of the day, management choose to trade him, and make their own lives infinitively harder.

DenverBrit
06-17-2009, 08:14 AM
We no longer have Jay becuase....

He didn't want to be in Denver.

cutthemdown
06-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Just curious myself.

You don't really think something like this happens for only one reason do you? Lifes complexities often have many reasons for happening.

1- What Jay's motives were one day one might have changed by day 20
2- Same with Mcdaniels

Also you forgot all to put a choice for Bus Cook did it all to try to get more money for Cutler this yr and it backfired.

Cutler is Chicago, with no extension yet.

TonyR
06-17-2009, 08:21 AM
Funny how everyone made this out to be a contract issue yet he hasn't asked for a new contract yet...

People really need to stop making such assumptions. You have NO IDEA whether or Jay and Bus asked for a new contract in Chi. You also have no idea whether or not his contract was one of his issues in Den. And on both counts, neither do I. If you added "that we know of" at the end of the statement only then would it be credible.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-17-2009, 08:23 AM
Because Jay refused to come to the table and discuss this like an adult.

Pseudofool
06-17-2009, 08:25 AM
Choice 1 and 3 are similar. There needs to be a few more nuanced choices; like McD upset Jay, and Jay couldn't handle it. Bowlen's drunk and/or gutless. Jay's a cry baby. It's no one's fault it's business. Etc.

chrisp
06-17-2009, 08:37 AM
Just curious myself.

You don't really think something like this happens for only one reason do you? Lifes complexities often have many reasons for happening.

1- What Jay's motives were one day one might have changed by day 20
2- Same with Mcdaniels

Also you forgot all to put a choice for Bus Cook did it all to try to get more money for Cutler this yr and it backfired.

Cutler is Chicago, with no extension yet.

You've got a valid point there - we could be talking about a 'perfect storm' of factors all combining to create an unusual situation. Quite often in life people like to impose a simple explanation when in truth the reality is far more complex....

.....and I do sympathise with some of the earlier posters who flamed me for raking over this stuff again - it has all been said already and new disputes over the same old issues with no new info are unlikely to lead to any further insight......

BUT good or bad, this move will shape the future of this franchise for the next five years or more - this IS our Herschel Walker deal, that much we know, the only thing we don't know is whether we are Dallas or Minnesota.... :-)

Mogulseeker
06-17-2009, 08:40 AM
None of the above:

Jay wasn't content with his $2 mill a year.
Jay got poor advice from his a**hole agent in dealing with this.

It became a power game that Jay ultimately lost... I think he is going to regret it down the road - from a statistical standpoint, and eventually a monetary standpoint.

I originally sided with Jay, but as things unfolded, I think McDaniels handled the situations pretty well for a rookie coach.

Now we got a true working class, albeit maybe not spectacular, leader in Kyle Orton, and two defensive players that, if one turns out to be a Pro Bowler, then it was worth it. Plus we were able to draft a RB in Knowshon, whose attitude and work ethic is really impressive.

I've also been watching Orton, and it really does look like he has a good zip on the ball. I think he can run a very efficient offense with the weapons he'll have in Denver. Kyle has to be very excited at the opportunity to play in Denver.

cutthemdown
06-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Broncos didn't get the bounty Cowboys got for Walker but if Ayers and Smith become really good starters in the NFL, for say 5-7 yrs, we could get something good out of it.

Really how do you win if your star QB demands a trade. Hard to come out ahead in a scenario like that if you ask me. Broncos just tried to get as much as they could in a bad situation.

It will be a couple yrs for the Broncos to claw themselves out of this, but basically we have been in a bad spot for 2-3 yrs. The only difference now is team probably won't wait until end of yr to break your heart.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Broncos didn't get the bounty Cowboys got for Walker but if Ayers and Smith become really good starters in the NFL, for say 5-7 yrs, we could get something good out of it.

Really how do you win if your star QB demands a trade. Hard to come out ahead in a scenario like that if you ask me. Broncos just tried to get as much as they could in a bad situation.

It will be a couple yrs for the Broncos to claw themselves out of this, but basically we have been in a bad spot for 2-3 yrs. The only difference now is team probably won't wait until end of yr to break your heart.

I also think you have to tie Moreno's fate with Cutler. If the broncos dont have two first rounders, i'm gonna go ahead and say Ayers is the pick at 12. I could be wrong, but the 2nd rounder afforded them the luxury of Moreno. So if he runs for 1,500 yards and wins us some ballgames, you can thank Cutler.

Captain 'Dre
06-17-2009, 09:05 AM
Jay's a sissy little girl and McDaniels is an a**hole. What's not to understand?

I think this is quite close to the mark.

McD could certainly handled things better, but Jay demonstrated himself to be a total douchebag.

Of course, Jay had previously demonstrated himself to be a douchebag, but a lot of people didn't want to believe it.

Most of them believe it now.

Captain 'Dre
06-17-2009, 09:09 AM
exactly. he was not mentally strong or emotionally mature enough to handle "change" so he cried his way out of town.

...blaming everybody but himself as he went.

oubronco
06-17-2009, 09:12 AM
McDip**** thinks he is ****ing Hitler

LOL my thoughts exactly :spit:

Popps
06-17-2009, 09:26 AM
We don't have Jay b/c he felt betrayed by the organization. .

Hilarious!

We don't have Jay because he's a head-case. He's incapable of handling the business aspect of his job. Hundreds of players have been in Cutler's position and handled it like pros.

Champ Bailey was traded without asking to be traded.

Jay Cutler should have manned up and proven his worth. Instead, he broguth his binky and his daddy to a one on one meeting with the coach and then went AWOL.

He's a ****ing prima donna and it's embarrassing to watch people hook their wagon to a guy who absolutely wanted no part of our organization.