PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Brandon Marshall straight up for Dwayne Bowe?

Bob's your Information Minister
06-16-2009, 04:29 PM
There's no question Marshall is better right now...but Bowe has some growing to do and has never played with a consistent quarterback. He's also not a supreme jackass, which counts for something.

From the other side of this trade, I'd be tempted to pull the trigger. Marshall is the sort of physically dominant specimen that I love to watch.

Northman
06-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Absolutely.

summerdenver
06-16-2009, 04:34 PM
If guys also send Cassel I think it will be done.

Ironlung
06-16-2009, 04:35 PM
maybe, if bowe could catch.

06-16-2009, 04:38 PM
If guys also send Cassel I think it will be done.

LOL he ain't worth that.

SouthStndJunkie
06-16-2009, 04:38 PM
I would make that trade....but only because B-Marsh is one stupid move away from sitting 8 games.

B-Marsh is the better WR, but Bowe is good with a lot less risk.

tsiguy96
06-16-2009, 04:41 PM
bowe + 3rd round pick.

NFLBRONCO
06-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Bowe and 2010 #1

Spider
No , get all you can from him from a team like the ravens , Dolphins etc ...........

footstepsfrom#27
Sure...because trading a disgruntled to 5 talent to a division rival usually makes perfect sense. :pigsfly:

BuckinKaeding
06-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Hell Yes.

On CP I voted no on getting Marshall for Bowe though.

extralife
06-16-2009, 04:49 PM
bowe + 3rd round pick.

This, if the Chefs weren't in the division. But they are. So no dice.

Northman
06-16-2009, 04:50 PM
This, if the Chefs weren't in the division. But they are. So no dice.

Why? Its not likely Brandon will be around much to play anyway.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-16-2009, 05:01 PM
How about we just keep him

Orange_Beard
06-16-2009, 05:15 PM
**** No. Bowie can't catch.

If Bowie catches the on side kick against SD, we go to the play-offs and NONE of this madness happens.

Los Broncos
06-16-2009, 05:17 PM
No way, not a good move.

06-16-2009, 05:28 PM
How about we just keep him

Hey, how about I just have sex?

HAT
06-16-2009, 06:54 PM

If Bowie catches the on side kick against SD, we go to the play-offs and NONE of this madness happens.

It's not like Denver was going anywhere in the PO's anyway. If backing into the PO's at 8-8 would've extended Shanny's (and Slowik) tenure here I'm glad he dropped it.

broncofan7
06-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Phuck No.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-16-2009, 08:11 PM

You have a left hand, dont you?

halfcreek
06-16-2009, 08:28 PM

Is Rosie still following your commands?

Rabb
06-16-2009, 08:29 PM
I love when people blame Bowe for Denver missing the playoffs, never mind ****ing away an enormous divisional lead

and yes I would take the trade

BroncoMan4ever
06-16-2009, 09:00 PM

how much does a hooker charge for a guy like you?

BroncoBuff
06-16-2009, 09:04 PM
joke

Little44
06-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Naaaaayyyyyy!!!!!!!!

SlipperyPete
06-16-2009, 09:43 PM
There's no question Marshall is better right now...

Yes, there is. Marshall is not better than Bowe.

The only argument you can make to even suggest Marshall is better is to compare stats like receiving yards, which is a meaningless homer argument. Denver throws the ball far more than KC does, so of course Marshall will have more yards.

If KC threw for 4000 yards, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Bowe would be well ahead of Marshall in every category.

Dwayne Bowe:

- accounts for more of his team's passing attack than Marshall does.
- averages more yards after the catch than Marshall does.
- had a grand total of ONE more drop than Marshall did last year.
- has never been arrested.
- isn't blogging a goodbye to KC fans.

I'd take him in a minute.

ZONA
06-16-2009, 11:13 PM
I would honestly have to consider it if I were GM. Although I think I would still want a middle round 2010 pick out of the deal (like a 3rd rounder) in addition to Bowe.

Crushaholic
06-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Not just no...but HELL NO. Bowe is a decent receiver for the Chiefs, but that isn't saying a whole lot...

Dudeskey
06-16-2009, 11:38 PM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll289/bp123123/fail-4.jpg

vancejohnson82
06-17-2009, 07:24 AM
if he learns to recover onside kicks

Smiling Assassin27
06-17-2009, 08:46 AM
no way do i ship marshall to a division rival that we'll have to play twice a year. bowe's never gonna be as good as marshall, but the biggest fear is having to cover Marshall twice a year.

Hotrod
06-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Hell yes

I'd do Marshall for Bowe and a real HC in a heart beat

Miss I.
06-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Hell yes

I'd do Marshall for Bowe and a real HC in a heart beat

you're offering to do Marshall? Be careful, he might take you up on it...seems he doesn't like women but to beat the crap out of them..

Why is this a poll? When did someone else start polls besides Dortoh? And when do we give Bobo credence....dude pretty much told CH it was good he was dying...in the words of guy formerly known as Dortoh...**** Bobo..**** this thread... and have lovely day (okay he didn't say that, but I want to end it on a nice note). :peace:

Ironlung
06-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Yes, there is. Marshall is not better than Bowe.

The only argument you can make to even suggest Marshall is better is to compare stats like receiving yards, which is a meaningless homer argument. Denver throws the ball far more than KC does, so of course Marshall will have more yards.

If KC threw for 4000 yards, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Bowe would be well ahead of Marshall in every category.

Dwayne Bowe:

- accounts for more of his team's passing attack than Marshall does.
- averages more yards after the catch than Marshall does.
- had a grand total of ONE more drop than Marshall did last year.
- has never been arrested.
- isn't blogging a goodbye to KC fans.

I'd take him in a minute.

If you're implying that Bowe is better after the catch than Marshall, that proves you don't wach football.

Br0nc0Buster
06-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Marshall's football ability >>>>> Bowe's football ability

Marshall's brain <<<< a rat with down syndrome

I wouldnt trade Marshall, he is dumb, but he is an elite talent

Hotrod
06-17-2009, 10:32 AM
you're offering to do Marshall? Be careful, he might take you up on it...seems he doesn't like women but to beat the crap out of them..

Why is this a poll? When did someone else start polls besides Dortoh? And when do we give Bobo credence....dude pretty much told CH it was good he was dying...in the words of guy formerly known as Dortoh...**** Bobo..**** this thread... and have lovely day (okay he didn't say that, but I want to end it on a nice note). :peace:

Dortoh has a real way with words Ha!

gyldenlove
06-17-2009, 10:42 AM
I would rather have Prater kick me repeatetly in the balls than seeing Bowe in a Broncos jersey.

Fixed

Miss I.
06-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Dortoh has a real way with words Ha!

**** dortoh:-*

loborugger
06-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Here is the real question...

Would Bob trade his daily intake of twinkies and Mtn Dew for an upstairs bedroom?

Ahh, the light! It burns, it burns!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/43/94338881_ec020d2590.jpg?v=0

Kaylore
06-17-2009, 11:57 AM
I'll always hate Dwayne Bowe for the epic fail he had on the onside kick recovery last season.

BabyTO
06-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Talk about a dumb trade.

BrainSaladSurgery
06-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Trade him straight-up for Hochuli.

It's your only chance. !Booya!

Boltjolt
06-17-2009, 01:42 PM
I'll always hate Dwayne Bowe for the epic fail he had on the onside kick recovery last season.

You should hate your crap defense if you want to hate anything.

Miss I.
06-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Dear Chugger's nuts:
Bolt: your avatar is about as lame as it could ****ing get. Find a less effeminate one...it's an insult to pretty much everyone, superman, football, etc. Also please return to the chuggers board from where you came when you bandwaggoned 10 minutes ago...nobody cares what you think.
BrainSaladSurgery: while I enjoy your funny name and avatar...you're just a ****wit with the ability to search the internet, please return to your mother's basement and being Bobo's butt buddy, nobody gives a **** about your Chugger swallowing opinion here.

As for the trade option: Marshall for Bowe will not happen so what's the point, while Bowe is a semidecent player and so is Marshall, neither is worth the hub bub...in the immortal words of Dortoh...**** em both.

Archer81
06-17-2009, 01:54 PM
You should hate your crap defense if you want to hate anything.

If its possible, you made Rivers look more gay then he already does.

:Broncos:

Boltjolt
06-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Dear Chugger's nuts:
Bolt: your avatar is about as lame as it could ****ing get. Find a less effeminate one...it's an insult to pretty much everyone, superman, football, etc. Also please return to the chuggers board from where you came when you bandwaggoned 10 minutes ago...nobody cares what you think.
BrainSaladSurgery: while I enjoy your funny name and avatar...you're just a ****wit with the ability to search the internet, please return to your mother's basement and being Bobo's butt buddy, nobody gives a **** about your Chugger swallowing opinion here.

As for the trade option: Marshall for Bowe will not happen so what's the point, while Bowe is a semidecent player and so is Marshall, neither is worth the hub bub...in the immortal words of Dortoh...**** em both.

Yeah because your avatar is much better:~ohyah!:

Who cares if you dont like it? I sure dont! Id make one of Cutler in a bonnet with a rattle in his hand but he is gone and that really makes me sad since we always whipped his ass.
And ill post where i want. Thanks for the advice though.

Id take Bowe over Marshall in a heartbeat since Bowe is a stand up guy and Marshall has **** for brains and is one more GF beating away from one foot out of the league.

Miss I.
06-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah because your avatar is much better:~ohyah!:

Who cares if you dont like it? I sure dont! Id make one of Cutler in a bonnet with a rattle in his hand but he is gone and that really makes me sad since we always whipped his ass.
And ill post where i want. Thanks for the advice though.

Id take Bowe over Marshall in a heartbeat since Bowe is a stand up guy and Marshall has **** for brains and is one more GF beating away from one foot out of the league.

Actually my avatar is better then yours, but that is what it is...the point I was trying to make is why are you here other then to gloat because you think our off season is so funny. I was sorry to see Cutler go as well, but you know I don't want someone on our team who is going to pout when he doesn't get his way or scream and rant like a five year old. Not a big fan of Marshall, I could see him using his violence against women in an OJ situation if he doesn't pull his head out of his ass, but he is more talented then Bowe is. The only 2 stand up guys in KC were Tony Gonzalez and Waters. The rest of them are assfaces, LJ being right at the top of that list...

And I willl acknowlecge phyllis as a decent qb (though your avi is a weird) but Brees was and is better, on and off the field.

Flex Gunmetal
06-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Dear Chugger's nuts:

Why dont you freak out about it?

Miss I.
06-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Why dont you freak out about it?

actually that was an attempt at humor...but if you would like to see a freak out I am sure any # of the posts about Marshall leaving or going back in history about Cutler there are a few.

Boltjolt
06-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Actually my avatar is better then yours, but that is what it is...the point I was trying to make is why are you here other then to gloat because you think our off season is so funny. I was sorry to see Cutler go as well, but you know I don't want someone on our team who is going to pout when he doesn't get his way or scream and rant like a five year old. Not a big fan of Marshall, I could see him using his violence against women in an OJ situation if he doesn't pull his head out of his ass, but he is more talented then Bowe is. The only 2 stand up guys in KC were Tony Gonzalez and Waters. The rest of them are assfaces, LJ being right at the top of that list...

And I willl acknowlecge phyllis as a decent qb (though your avi is a weird) but Brees was and is better, on and off the field.

Why am i here? I come here from time to time since 2005. I actually like this forum. It is better than broncos.com.

As for Brees and Rivers, ...Brees is a good QB but he has 5 years starting experience over Rivers. When Rivers is a 7th year starter like Brees was last season, it wont be a close comparison at all.
IMO he is already as good as Brees but doesnt make those stupid mistakes that Brees always made when we had him. Ill take Rivers everyday ovber Brees and i was one who spoke ouit and wanted to keep Rivers over Brees back then. Im completely satisfied with who we kept. So before you try and tell me how many more yards Brees had and try to say Rivers isnt close to being as good, that would be a foolish thing to say because if Rivers had as many pass att as Brees had last season, he would of actually had more yards since he had a better yards per pass ave.

Off the field Brees is a good man, but so id Riversw in spite of wehat this forum thinks, but the truth is , is that Cutler started that whole thing and only since his crybaby tirades on the field and during his demands did anybody see it. He is a dikhead and is the real culprit in all that.

As for Bowe, he is a good WR but didnt get the stats Marshall did but again, id take him everytime over Marshall. KC didnt have a good QB so you cant expect big stats and he did have good stats as a rookie before Thigpen got thrown in there...who was a rookie. Marshalls stats are good but over blown. He didnt have a very big YPC and didnt have many TD's and in fact, he only has one more career TD than Vince Jackson who has a lot less catches.
Now HE is a big play WR who isnt a douche.

Im not making any point with my avatar, ive had this for a long time and have used it in a couple different Charger forums. It is accepted there of course but since your fans hold annimosity towards him, you wont like it but i dont care about that.

Oh and NO, your avatar isn NOT better. It is lame IMO but as long as you like it.......great! I wouldnt of said anything if you wouldnt of.

Miss I.
06-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Why am i here? I come here from time to time since 2005. I actually like this forum. It is better than broncos.com.

As for Brees and Rivers, ...Brees is a good QB but he has 5 years starting experience over Rivers. When Rivers is a 7th year starter like Brees was last season, it wont be a close comparison at all.
IMO he is already as good as Brees but doesnt make those stupid mistakes that Brees always made when we had him. Ill take Rivers everyday ovber Brees and i was one who spoke ouit and wanted to keep Rivers over Brees back then. Im completely satisfied with who we kept.
Off the field Brees is a good man, but so id Riversw in spite of wehat this forum thinks, but the truth is , is that Cutler started that whole thing and only since his crybaby tirades on the field and during his demands did anybody see it. He is a dikhead and is the real culprit in all that.

As for Bowe, he is a good WR but didnt get the stats Marshall did but again, id take him everytime over Marshall. KC didnt have a good QB so you cant expect big stats and he did have good stats as a rookie before Thigpen got thrown in there...who was a rookie. Marshalls stats are good but over blown. He didnt have a very big YPC and didnt have many TD's and in fact, he only has one more career TD than Vince Jackson who has a lot less catches.
Now HE is a big play WR who isnt a douche.

Im not making any point with my avatar, ive had this for a long time and have used it in a couple different Charger forums. It is accepted there of course but since your fans hold annimosity towards him, you wont like it but i dont care about that.

Oh and NO, your avatar isn NOT better. It is lame IMO but as long as you like it.......great! I wouldnt of said anything if you wouldnt of.

Point, see this is a discussion I can get..I admit I started the smack talk, it's been one of those days where steam need to get spent and I might have just went out on a SD poster because I am irritated more at that other one. I have seen some of your other posts that are a bit more in line with thinking I don't mind debating...however, the thing about our **** defense while true is sort of like kicking someone while down. I get a little irritated. Why do it... and the Avi thing, in the end who the heck cares..I like cheesy movies and a friend gave me the original poster for that movie so I found it funny. And while phillip is okay, I still prefer Brees can't help that I guess...but I am sure if he was in SD, I would be less nice...it is what rivalry smack is about.

boltaneer
06-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Avatar smack? Brees vs Rivers debates? Ahh, gotta love the off season!

I still like Brees and I cheer for him on Sundays but give me #17 any day of the week above #9.

Bolt, your Rivers avatar is cool but nothing tops mine. ;)

Back to the topic, if I were the Broncos I would do that trade. No argument, Marshall is a better player but Bowe is a good player as well and keeps his nose clean.

Boltjolt
06-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Point, see this is a discussion I can get..I admit I started the smack talk, it's been one of those days where steam need to get spent and I might have just went out on a SD poster because I am irritated more at that other one. I have seen some of your other posts that are a bit more in line with thinking I don't mind debating...however, the thing about our **** defense while true is sort of like kicking someone while down. I get a little irritated. Why do it... and the Avi thing, in the end who the heck cares..I like cheesy movies and a friend gave me the original poster for that movie so I found it funny. And while phillip is okay, I still prefer Brees can't help that I guess...but I am sure if he was in SD, I would be less nice...it is what rivalry smack is about.

Well c-mon now...the guy said he wil always be mad at Dwayne Bowe for fumbling an onside kick. Dwayne Bowe? Really? He will always be mad at Dwayne Bowe?? How ridiculous is that? If your defense was even mediocre, that fumble is meaningless. Thats why i said be mad at your crap defense. How anyone can argue that, i have no idea.

TexanBob
06-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Bowe? Nowe.

Mecklomaniac
06-18-2009, 04:21 PM
:ouwknow: Eh... McKiffen would only run him off anyway..:patslose:

broncosteven
06-18-2009, 05:43 PM
I would take Bowe, a 3rd or higher for Marshall.

I just would not play him on the "hands team".

elsid13
06-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Who let Pez be a mod again?

Hercules Rockefeller
06-18-2009, 06:11 PM
There'd obviously need to be a conditional pick coming back from Kansas City that will be determined by a complex formula based on production and playing time, because on the Internetz, a conditional pick will make any trade fair.

Captain 'Dre
06-18-2009, 07:53 PM

I'd trade Marshall for Bowe so fast it would make your head spin.

The Chiefs, however, WON'T.

You're judging Bowe's ability to catch based on his losing possession of an onside kick in a huge crowd?!?

Brandon uses incredibly poor judgment, and he's just one argument with a girlfriend away from sitting out half a season.

The Chiefs may stink, but I doubt they're stupid.

XXXII
06-20-2009, 09:13 AM
I'd trade Marshall for Bowe so fast it would make your head spin.

The Chiefs, however, WON'T.

You're judging Bowe's ability to catch based on his losing possession of an onside kick in a huge crowd?!?

Brandon uses incredibly poor judgment, and he's just one argument with a girlfriend away from sitting out half a season.

The Chiefs may stink, but I doubt they're stupid.

Oh I don't know the Chiefs might be stupid, but I agree they won't trade Bowe, he seems kind of integral to their rebuilding along with that Cassel kid. I am wondering why they still have Croyle though? What's the point. That girl with the whip on the above post has a better chance of scoring.