PDA

View Full Version : An honest poll/question from you Cap'n

Hotrod
06-16-2009, 04:25 PM
If Bowlin had it to do again would he have still fired Shanny and brought in McD if he knew that it would end up with Cutler and Marshal leaving among other things?

24champ
06-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Ask Poops.

Spider
06-16-2009, 04:39 PM
I believe he would , we dont know what kind of team we will have this year ...... you cant go around second guessing yourself

Hotrod
06-16-2009, 04:40 PM
I honestly cant imagine him making this move if he had any idea it would cost him his young star QB and WR

Spider
06-16-2009, 04:42 PM
I honestly cant imagine him making this move if he had any idea it would cost him his young star QB and WR

Sure he would have , Bowlen could have stepped in and stopped Cutler from packing his panties and leavin .........

oubronco
06-16-2009, 04:42 PM

Oh hell we can win the superbowl with Orton and Loyd ROFL!

bronclvr
06-16-2009, 04:48 PM
I have experience taking over Companies that needed a change of "attitude"-in almost every case I had to clean house-this is no different, you need people on your side (not distractions), so I think for Fans to think that there would not be changes that might be painful is ignorant-

It almost hurts to say it, but I think McDaniels (if he can follow through) might make some meaningful changes in culture, and while I really liked Shanahan, I think he needed a change of scenery as he was complacent.

Atlas
06-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Bowlen did the only smart thing he could do. Shanny was an overrated 2nd rate coach. McDaniels is going to be known as the Vince Lombardi of the 21 century. He is that good!!!!

FireFly
06-16-2009, 06:32 PM
I think he'd still fire Shanny, but I don't think he'd hire McDaniels.

We needed change. But I don't know that we needed (need?) to be completely dismantled.

BMarsh615
06-16-2009, 06:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=nfl&pollId=73094

Atlas
06-16-2009, 06:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=nfl&pollId=73094

HAHAHA That chart probably gives republicans a hard-on.

FireFly
06-16-2009, 06:54 PM

ROFL!

Northman
06-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Poops knows all. But Firefly has got my girl Jewel so im a bit sidetracked now. Mmmmmmmm

broncosteven
06-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Bowlen did the only smart thing he could do. Shanny was an overrated 2nd rate coach. McDaniels is going to be known as the Vince Lombardi of the 21 century. He is that good!!!!

I was going to write that McStalin was soooo good that he could win without HIXON until I realized that HIXON kicked his ass in the SB.

We are going down on the Titanic.

broncosteven
06-16-2009, 07:17 PM
If Bowlin had it to do again would he have still fired Shanny and brought in McD if he knew that it would end up with Cutler and Marshal leaving among other things?

BTW Who is Bowlin?

DHallblows
06-16-2009, 07:19 PM

I enjoy the fact that the only state even remotely close to voting "yes" is Mass. CANT imagine why???

Atlas
06-16-2009, 07:40 PM
I was going to write that McStalin was soooo good that he could win without HIXON until I realized that HIXON kicked his ass in the SB.

We are going down on the Titanic.

If that's true buddy, I would be honored if you sat next to me at the bar when it did.

Atlas
06-16-2009, 07:46 PM

Study that chart and go over all the states. It's amazing how little variation there is. I mean you can't get americans to agree on anything but you can get them to agree at about a 78-22 clip that Josh McDaniels was NOT the right coach for the Broncos. That's incredible.
Could Bowlen be so brave and smart and he knows more than most people? Or is he an idiot that got sucked in by a nymph that had an awesome powerpoint presentation?

You know that's what it came down to. Josh sitting in there wooing Bowlen with his powerpoint presentation.

footstepsfrom#27
06-16-2009, 07:48 PM
If you stood in a puddle of water and stuck your finger in a light socket, would you do it again? No way he makes the same choice. I think he goes for Spags instead. Imagine how different this entire off season would look if he were here instead? Cutler and Marshall are here and we're probably all talking about Brian Orakpo instead of Alphonso Smith and Richard Quinn.

elsid13
06-16-2009, 07:50 PM
If you stood in a puddle of water and stuck your finger in a light socket, would you do it again? No way he makes the same choice. I think he goes for Spags instead. Imagine how different this entire off season would look if he were here instead? Cutler and Marshall are here and we're probably all talking about Brian Orakpo instead of Alphonso Smith and Richard Quinn.

I bet it would be either Meeks or Dennison. Or the Goodman might still around and dictating the personnel and draft.

footstepsfrom#27
06-16-2009, 07:50 PM
I enjoy the fact that the only state even remotely close to voting "yes" is Mass. CANT imagine why???
71% in Colorado agree with me...WOW...I expected it 51-49 or something just on the homer factor.

footstepsfrom#27
06-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Well New Hamphire finished 50/50...just sayin'

Atlas
06-16-2009, 08:09 PM

It just swinged towards McDaniel. It's not going to be a crushing 50-0 win.

Spider
06-16-2009, 08:18 PM
I still think this was a good hire ,you learn through life to read people , actions , language , movement , these are tall tale signs , I think McD can talk the talk and walk the walk ......

gunns
06-16-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't know if he still would hire McDaniels but I'm sure he still would have fired Shanahan. It was definitely time. As far as change being painful, yes it can be, but what happened with Cutler and Marshall has nada to do with the change. If nothing else the PR part of the Broncos is totally inept.

watermock
06-16-2009, 09:13 PM
I still think this was a good hire ,you learn through life to read people , actions , language , movement , these are tall tale signs , I think McD can talk the talk and walk the walk ......

Man...look at the body language here:

He can't even look t the camera and keeps looking to the side like he's missing mommy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4012154

Spider
06-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Man...look at the body language here:

He can't even look t the camera and keeps looking to the side like he's missing mommy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4012154

you can tell he is leaving alot of stuff out about the situation ..........But still dont see him as a weak person , not entirely truthful but what coach is s?

DHallblows
06-17-2009, 05:41 PM

Yaaaaa they were the same 47-53 as Mass. when I posted that ROFL! But I didn't notice until after I hit submit ???

Rock Chalk
06-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Other.

Shanny still gets fired but I dont think McDaniels gets the job.

BroncoBuff
06-17-2009, 06:23 PM
No way ... not in a million years ... it's been disastrous thus far.

That opinion might change after a few wins, though ;D

SureShot
06-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Study that chart and go over all the states. It's amazing how little variation there is. I mean you can't get americans to agree on anything but you can get them to agree at about a 78-22 clip that Josh McDaniels was NOT the right coach for the Broncos. That's incredible.
Could Bowlen be so brave and smart and he knows more than most people? Or is he an idiot that got sucked in by a nymph that had an awesome powerpoint presentation?

You know that's what it came down to. Josh sitting in there wooing Bowlen with his powerpoint presentation.

I wonder if Bowlen even remembers the meeting. I can see him sitting there scotch in hand, "Now what did that kid say he was going to again? Hmmmmmmm."

DBroncos4life
06-17-2009, 07:01 PM
I think if Bob Kraft knew this would happen he would have sent out other coaches sooner.

DrFate
06-17-2009, 07:08 PM
I think McD can talk the talk and walk the walk ......

I don't see this guy as a leader of men

I see him as a snake oil salesmen who sold old man Bowlen a bill of goods.

OrangeRising
06-17-2009, 07:43 PM
I like Mike, and believe he was re-building on the fly, but with the retention of Bob Slowik, I knew some reality had to come into play.

I dreaded seeing him go, but I accepted it.

McDaniels, on the other hand, has done almost nothing to earn any fan loyalty. His little, secretive talks with who knows who, shipping out Cutler in a horribly mismanaged affair, and essentially tearing this team limb from limb (and the fan base along with it).

In hindsight, Bowlen probably would have looked elsewhere and would have been wise to do so.

Brandon29
06-17-2009, 08:02 PM
No way. I agree Shanny was out the door, but no way Bowlen wants to lose two of his most marketable players. This offseason has been a joke so far, imo, and I'll continue to think that until I see some clear direction from the Broncos.

XXXII
06-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Hotrod, why must you hate McD so much...He seems like a decent enough fellow despite his Patriot background...