PDA

View Full Version : Who could we be interested in (Ravens)?

BabyTO
06-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Tired of those draft picks, we need some players who can line up out there.

What about:

1st round pick
LB Tavares Gooden (ILB)
QB Troy Smith

Or Kelly Gregg/Justin Bannan maybe (for the NT/DE position). Jarrett Johnson (3-4 OLB) would be an interesting option as well. Not sure if they're willing to trade Gooden. Troy Smith could be had though, they just signed John Beck.

vancejohnson82
06-16-2009, 12:22 PM
I think you are overestimating Marshall's value here

but I would defiintely be looking for 1st rounder/Smith/DT

won't happen though

boppool
06-16-2009, 12:28 PM
How about Ngata and Reed for Marshall and ...

McDaniels.

gyldenlove
06-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Tired of those draft picks, we need some players who can line up out there.

What about:

1st round pick
LB Tavares Gooden (ILB)
QB Troy Smith

Or Kelly Gregg/Justin Bannan maybe (for the NT/DE position). Jarrett Johnson (3-4 OLB) would be an interesting option as well. Not sure if they're willing to trade Gooden. Troy Smith could be had though, they just signed John Beck.

Troy Smith? couldn't we just sign Eric Couch or Chris Weinke if we want a useless Heisman trophy winner with 0 future as an NFL QB?

OBF1
06-16-2009, 12:32 PM
ESPN insider states 5 teams are interested, but I am not an insider so I could not get the names of the other teams.

OBF1
06-16-2009, 12:33 PM
LOL ;D LOL have to laugh at your screen name with all the Marshall crapola going on :thumbs:

montrose
06-16-2009, 12:35 PM
They won't trade Gooden, he's their replacement for Bart Scott.

SoDak Bronco
06-16-2009, 12:44 PM
I don't see Ozzie Newsome giving up a lot to get a character risk guy that is 1 strike away from an 8 game suspension. Honestly, I highly doubt Bmarsh goes anywhere. this is just a ploy by Bowlen and the FO to try and appease a player and basically say, okay we tried, no takers, now get to training camp, and if you have a good year we will give you a new contract.

Or

You can sitout and incur all these huge fines, and you still aren't anywhere closer to accuring your rights to FA.

broncofan2438
06-16-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't see Ozzie Newsome giving up a lot to get a character risk guy that is 1 strike away from an 8 game suspension. Honestly, I highly doubt Bmarsh goes anywhere. this is just a ploy by Bowlen and the FO to try and appease a player and basically say, okay we tried, no takers, now get to training camp, and if you have a good year we will give you a new contract.

Or

You can sitout and incur all these huge fines, and you still aren't anywhere closer to accuring your rights to FA.

I hope your right

BabyTO
06-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Troy Smith? couldn't we just sign Eric Couch or Chris Weinke if we want a useless Heisman trophy winner with 0 future as an NFL QB?
Im not sure how you come up with this stuff.

How the hell does a heisman winning QB (at the highest level) have "0 future as an NFL QB"? Especially when the two times he started in his rookie season he put up 2 TDs with zero picks. He beat the Steelers.

I'm not saying he's Elway in the making but he's definitely a better option than Orton and especially Simms. And he's got way more upside than both those guys put together.

Man-Goblin
06-16-2009, 12:49 PM

How the hell does a heisman winning QB (at the highest level) have "0 future as an NFL QB"? Especially when the two times he started in his rookie season he put up 2 TDs with zero picks. He beat the Steelers.

I'm not saying he's Elway in the making but he's definitely a better option than Orton and especially Simms. And he's got way more upside than both those guys put together.

Plus, Jarvis Moss could personally thank him for making him a 1st round pick.

Pseudofool
06-16-2009, 12:50 PM
ESPN insider states 5 teams are interested, but I am not an insider so I could not get the names of the other teams.It's speculation via PFT's nonsense. Jets, Ravens, TB, Chi, Giants.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-16-2009, 12:50 PM

He's not a better option than Orton. Orton has legit starting experience. Smith doesn't. Orton is prototypical size and strength. Smith isn't.

Orton > Smith.

Orange Blood
06-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Smith actually beat out Flacco for the starting job last year, but was setback by a rare bout of tonsillitis late in the preaseason and never got his job back.

TonyR
06-16-2009, 12:55 PM
I'd be surprised if anyone is seriously interested in BM right now, at least to the point where they'd be willing to offer anything near what the Broncos would demand in return. He's injured, he has a trial upcoming that could lead to a suspension, he has a history of off the field troubles, and he wants a new contract. Who is looking to sign up for that? All of the "teams interested" nonsense is probably just rumor and speculation.

PRBronco
06-16-2009, 01:07 PM
How about Ngata and Reed for Marshall and ...

McDaniels.

I don't know if you know this, but the Broncos could have drafted Ed Reed :-O

BabyTO
06-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Smith actually beat out Flacco for the starting job last year, but was setback by a rare bout of tonsillitis late in the preaseason and never got his job back.

Suggs even said in the middle of the season that Smith should be their starter i think.

Rabb
06-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Suggs even said in the middle of the season that Smith should be their starter i think.

not disagreeing with you but players sometimes have a solidarity thing with people they like, that doesn't make Smith the choice as starter

Orange Blood
06-16-2009, 01:37 PM

That's such a silly statement and ridiculous comparison. If you have seen Smith's regular season game film, he does have promise to be an above-average NFL starter.

Crouch never even took a snap under center in a preseason game.

Weinke was an old man with little projection when he got to the NFL.

The comparison with these three quarterbacks starts and ends with the Heisman Trophy. After that, none of them have much in common.

Bronco Boy
06-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Smith isn't even 6 feet tall. Doesn't seem like a McD kind of quarterback.

elsid13
06-16-2009, 02:53 PM

No he didn't, Smith will be lucky to make that team this year. Collegiate success doesn't ensure success at the pro level.

BabyTO
06-16-2009, 03:13 PM
In a recent interview with an Atlanta radio station, linebacker Terrell Suggs said twice that Troy Smith should be the Ravens' starting quarterback over Joe Flacco.

"Right now, I think [Flacco is] all right," Suggs told 2 Live Stews, a nationally syndicated radio show that is not aired in Baltimore. "But like I said, in the end, Troy should be the starter [because he's] the better man for the job."

And dont give me this height crap. Drew Brees is 6'0. If he can dominate with that size then there's no reason why anyone else shouldn't. Its not a question of talent its a question of physics.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Why the heck would we want troy smith

Bronco Boy
06-17-2009, 06:27 AM
And dont give me this height crap. Drew Brees is 6'0. If he can dominate with that size then there's no reason why anyone else shouldn't. Its not a question of talent its a question of physics.

I'm 6 feet. Does that mean I should dominate?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-17-2009, 06:30 AM

Brees is THE exception to the rule. THE exception. Name another short QB who has been successful over a long period of time. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Peoples Champ
06-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Why the heck would we want troy smith

I agree, I will give up Marshall and a first pick for Ed Reed. Have Brian Dawkins and Ed Reed lurking around in the defensive backfield, destroying everything.

BabyTO
06-17-2009, 06:59 AM
I'm 6 feet. Does that mean I should dominate?
Whether you're 6 feet or 12,000 feet is not going to make a difference, so please stop with the silly comparisons. If you can't play QB you're not gonna become an NFL QB, no matter how tall you are.

Bronco Boy
06-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Whether you're 6 feet or 12,000 feet is not going to make a difference, so please stop with the silly comparisons. If you can't play QB you're not gonna become an NFL QB, no matter how tall you are.

Oh, well in that case let's trade for Smith pronto.