PDA

View Full Version : BM Agent: Marshall requested trade and broncos will try to accomodate

tsiguy96
06-16-2009, 10:39 AM
http://community.kdvr.com/_AGENT-BREAKING-BRONCOS-WILL-ATTEMPT-TO-FACILIATE-MARSHALLS-TRADE-REQUEST/BLOG/352100/96399.html?as=96399

rugbythug
06-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Well that is terrible news.

Man-Goblin
I have been less critical of the front office than most, but this is ****ing bull**** if they bend over and trade him simply because he asked.

scttgrd
Here we go again, let's see if they are crazy enough to actually trade him.

bronco_boi_5280
06-16-2009, 10:43 AM
BOHICA, baby!

Traveler
06-16-2009, 10:43 AM
I'll say it again. If they don't want to be here, F' em' and get them outta here.

BlaK-Argentina
06-16-2009, 10:44 AM
I'll say it again. If they don't want to be here, F' em' and get them outta here.

Well said. Good riddance!

The Joker
06-16-2009, 10:44 AM
So yeah, we'll probably suck next year now.

OrangeDoofus
06-16-2009, 10:46 AM
I gotta agree. If we were on the cusp of a championship I'd say make Marshall stay. But McD is clearly planning things for the long term and re-building the entire team from the ground up. If Marshall wants out, better to let him out now and get someone who wants to be here than keep him for two years and have him bail out when his contract finishes.

Traveler
06-16-2009, 10:48 AM

Anyone expecting a good season this year and next is kidding themselves. We are a team in re-build mode. If the malcontents don't want to be a part of the of the rebuilding process, get em outta here. Hopefully with some kind of compensation to help the reconstruction of the team.

bronclvr
06-16-2009, 10:49 AM
IMO, I don't think anybody is going to give us what we want (a first and a third-even Baltimore), so maybe this is a ploy? And, I agree with Traveler-

Br0nc0Buster
06-16-2009, 10:49 AM
they shouldnt trade him, we wouldnt get fair value

we need to make sure his hip is fine, so hold off until he shows up to camp(he will eventually)

I dont have a problem with giving him a nice contract before the season starts if he checks out, risky, but he is a special player.

But trading him would not be a good idea, unlike Cutler, we wouldnt get fair value

vancejohnson82
06-16-2009, 10:50 AM
i say just say the thigns to make him happy right now....

"we will try and help you out"

then wait until the whole thing calms down a bit...sign him to an agreed contract and forget about this whole thing

barryr
06-16-2009, 10:51 AM
If he wants out, then I don't see the point of keeping this guy around. Professional types, sure, they would go out and play hard. But Marshall has yet to show he has that kind of maturity and his trade value would probably get worse the longer he sticks and probably mopes.

OrangeDoofus
06-16-2009, 10:52 AM
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but the way I see it we have two years of suck coming our way no matter what happens.

Bowlen seems to be committed to letting McD take over and re-mold the whole team his way, and I think he's doing the right thing. If you're going to roll the dice on a new guy, then at least go all in and give him room to put his full system into place. But the team's going to suck for awhile as everyone learns the system and McD flushes out the players who don't fit his philosophy and brings in new ones that do.

Since it's going to take a couple years to build a team anyway, there's no reason right now to hold onto someone who doesn't want to be in Denver.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Bad idea. Make him play.

Traveler
06-16-2009, 10:54 AM
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but the way I see it we have two years of suck coming our way no matter what happens.

Bowlen seems to be committed to letting McD take over and re-mold the whole team his way, and I think he's doing the right thing. If you're going to roll the dice on a new guy, then at least go all in and give him room to put his full system into place. But the team's going to suck for awhile as everyone learns the system and McD flushes out the players who don't fit his philosophy and brings in new ones that do.

Since it's going to take a couple years to build a team anyway, there's no reason right now to hold onto someone who doesn't want to be in Denver.

+1

BabyTO
06-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Players do this **** all the time. Look at Boldin. The guy has requested a trade a billion times, nothing has happened.

Traveler
06-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Players do this **** all the time. Look at Boldin. The guy has requested a trade a billion times, nothing has happened.

Boldin doesn't have the off the field issues like Brandon. Thus, making him more valuable to the Cards.

broncofan2438
06-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Morons

montrose
06-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Not that I endorse trading Marshall, I don't, but for those questioning the FO and staff for bending over and trading a player at his request - Shanahan had a policy that any player who wanted to be traded could be if they went out and found adequate compensation for the team. He said so himself after the Portis/Bailey trade. Just an FYI.

Beantown Bronco
06-16-2009, 11:02 AM

AZ has never said they would be willing to accomodate him. In fact, they've openly had the opposite stance. Big difference there.

DrFate
06-16-2009, 11:03 AM

How come you aren't asking the question 'why don't they want to be here'?

The Denver Broncos were a proud franchise with history and great fans. And in a matter of months they are a laughinstock with players jumping ship.

It is a vast oversimplification to say 'move the players that don't want to be here'. There is a reason they want to leave.

BabyTO
Boldin doesn't have the off the field issues like Brandon. Thus, making him more valuable to the Cards.

What are you talking about? They have a young 1000 yard receiver in Breaston, he's like 5 years younger and he makes less in 16 games than Boldin does PER game. And oh yeah they still have that Fitzgerald guy. They don't need Boldin that bad. It's just that they feel like players should not run the organization. Its different with us though. As soon as somebody asks for a trade we give a call to everybody and see if we can work out a trade.

dbfan4life
Anyone expecting a good season this year and next is kidding themselves. We are a team in re-build mode. If the malcontents don't want to be a part of the of the rebuilding process, get em outta here. Hopefully with some kind of compensation to help the reconstruction of the team.

I always wanted to know what rebuilding mode felt like since we really never had one under the Shanahan regime. I must say, it ****ing sucks!

TonyR
06-16-2009, 11:05 AM
The Denver Broncos said they are aware of a radio report that said holdout receiver Brandon Marshall asked team owner Pat Bowlen for a trade during a meeting Friday.

Adam Schefter, who will join ESPN in August, reported Monday on KOA in Denver that Marshall requested the trade during a meeting Friday.

Marshall's agent, Kennard McGuire, confirmed that to ESPN's Michael Smith on Tuesday: "There was a meeting with Mr. Bowlen and Brandon did ask to be traded. He was told by ownership that the team would do everything in its power to accommodate those wishes. We do feel that a change of scenery is not only important but necessary."

According to a source, Smith reported, Marshall has met with Bowlen more than once in the past week and on both occasions expressed his desire to be dealt.

McGuire had no comment on the number of meetings that took place.

Marshall skipped Denver's mandatory minicamp Friday through Sunday. He is protesting because he has medical trust issues and he also wants a pay raise. Marshall's contract expires after next season.

The receiver had hip surgery in March and won't be able to practice until training camp starts late next month. Still, he was required to rehabilitate at the facility during minicamp. Denver can fine him for missing the sessions.

Marshall is entering his fourth season and made his first Pro Bowl in 2008. He has had back-to-back 100-plus catch seasons.

The Marshall situation is another issue for new Denver coach Josh McDaniels. The former New England offensive coordinator took over in the offseason for Mike Shanahan, who was fired after 14 years with the Broncos.

McDaniels' tenure in Denver got off to a rocky start when Pro Bowl quarterback Jay Cutler was traded to Chicago. The saga began when Cutler caught wind that the new coach was considering trading him in a package for Matt Cassel, who starred for McDaniels in New England last season.

Bill Williamson covers the AFC West for ESPN.com. Michael Smith is a reporter for ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4261327

PRBronco
06-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Stick him in the NFC North! Too bad the Lions have nothing to offer. Or trade him to Atlanta, get some friends together, and do a shot every time he gets arrested.

Gort
06-16-2009, 11:10 AM
this is not surprising. deep down, most of us know Brandon would pull this sh*t sooner or later. when the whole Cutler situation first went down, Brandon was extremely upset. at the time, it looked like he was going to be uncooperative with the new coaching staff and FO and that's exactly what he's doing now. send his ass to the 49ers or Rams or Cleveland and let him see how it is to be part of a really sh*tty franchise.

i don't care how much raw talent the guy has. this is a team game and we don't need players like this ruining the chemistry on the locker room. a bunch of Broncos players have noted in the past couple of years that the locker room was not one big happy family. if Marshall was one of the problems, then i'm happy to see him go. we'll find an adequate #2 WR and i'm fine with Royal being #1.

outdoor_miner
06-16-2009, 11:10 AM
I have to admit... This does not make one ounce of sense to me.

I guess it's a new negotiating tactic: Immediately acquiesce to any and all demands made by the person you are negotiating with.

WTF?

Hotrod
06-16-2009, 11:12 AM
http://www.southdacola.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ca08_al_bundy.jpg

Gort
06-16-2009, 11:14 AM
It is a vast oversimplification to say 'move the players that don't want to be here'. There is a reason they want to leave.

- selfishness
- petulence
- childishness

for Cutler and Marshall, you can check all 3.

Rulon Velvet Jones
If they trade him, they'd better rape the other team in the process. Enough of this "bending over" crap with these players. He'd better not be shipped out for a bag of peanuts. Start a bidding war (if it's even possible with this guy) and take someone to the cleaners. Demand the unreasonable.

Garcia Bronco
Bye **** for brains. I've held my tougue because of the laundry, but at this point all I can say is good luck in your pathetic life. Only a true loser gets arrested and charged 14 times in the past 5 years.

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Bye **** for brains. I've held my tougue because of the laundry, but at this point all I can say is good luck in your pathetic life. Only a true loser gets arrested and charged 14 times in the past 5 years.

And you know what's great about WRs in the NFL? For every one that pulls something like this and compiles a rap sheet, there's another one waiting in the wings to take his place.

It's the Carousel of Inflated Ego Douchebags.

Traveler
06-16-2009, 11:22 AM

I have. But since I don't have team insider contacts, I'm assuming that those that want out don't want to be here. No matter what their circumstances or misgivings about the new direction of the organization, if they feel it's best for them to be somewhere else, see ya'!

The Denver Broncos were a proud franchise with history and great fans.

They still are!

And in a matter of months they are a laughinstock with players jumping ship.

That's being somewhat of a drama queen, eh?

Maybe so, but sooner or later, we'll know. Till then, move out the malcontents and bring those willing to but into the new way of things under Bowlen & Company.

uplink
06-16-2009, 11:27 AM
If his agent is allowed to seek trades it will let BMarsh realize his value and
how much the off-field stuff matters.

Hopefully it works out for the broncos as either BMarsh will be humbled or they
will get good compensation for a self > team player.

Dukes
06-16-2009, 11:27 AM

The Denver Broncos were a proud franchise with history and great fans. And in a matter of months they are a laughinstock with players jumping ship.

There's a flip side to that coin. I'm glad they don't want to be here, look at the two guys who've requested a trade. Cutler and Marshall. What do they have in common? Huge, over inflated egos for one. They think they can be on their own program and don't like being told what to do by the new regime.

There's evidence of this when you hear Alfred Williams talk about the differences between Shanny's '06-'08 teams and the SB teams. Players were getting away with stuff that would never have happened back when Shanny first got hear. Cutler and Marshall were soft, used to be coddled. That's why they want out.

Popps
06-16-2009, 11:29 AM
I have been less critical of the front office than most, but this is ****ing bull**** if they bend over and trade him simply because he asked.

Think about it, though... if the front office trades him, it's because they feel it's probably the lesser of evils. Not because "he simply asked."

Our punter can go ask for $10M a season, but they're not going to give it to him just because he asked.

If we trade Marshall, there's a very good chance that it was the better of the options. My guess... those options being...

1. Let him sit the season and create a constant side-show.

2. Give him a huge contract and put the team in financial harm's way in a major way.

I'm going to guess by Marshall's actions that he's not game for a reasonable, incentive-based contract. I have no proof of that, it's just a guess by the way this seems to be playing out.

skpac1001
06-16-2009, 11:29 AM
If we trade him, I want compensation for him plus some to compensate us for the hassles down the road from the weak FO image.
Then again, missing out on Marshall's Favre-like yearly offseason drama might cancel out the weak FO image.

BabyTO
06-16-2009, 11:33 AM
AZ has never said they would be willing to accomodate him. In fact, they've openly had the opposite stance. Big difference there.

Their GM was listening to offers around draft time but they didn't get a good enough offer i guess. We could do the same **** actually. Just say you're gonna listen to offers and then no matter what offer comes in just say it wasn't good enough and then move on. We can still slap the franchise tag on him next season and still trade him for a 1st rounder then.

Popps
06-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Their GM was listening to offers around draft time but they didn't get a good enough offer i guess. We could do the same **** actually. Just say you're gonna listen to offers and then no matter what offer comes in just say it wasn't good enough and then move on. We can still slap the franchise tag on him next season and still trade him for a 1st rounder then.

Any thoughts on a new user-name?

Beantown Bronco
06-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Our punter can go ask for $10M a season, but they're not going to give it to him just because he asked.

Sad part is, outside of left tackle, punter is arguably the most solid position on the team right now.

SportinOne
06-16-2009, 11:36 AM

Perhaps there is a reason he doesn't want to be here.

*Cough* Idiot fu ck ing coach *cough*

meangene
06-16-2009, 11:39 AM

Yep, when Marshall is out of the league in a few years we are going to be looking back and realizing what a good thing it was that we traded his ass when he still had some value.

Traveler
06-16-2009, 11:39 AM

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii273/Papi728/drama_queen.jpg

uplink
06-16-2009, 11:43 AM
The redskins seem to need a big possession type receiver since all they have is S. Moss really.

No interesting players on the skins so this would have to be for draft picks (L. Landary would be interesting but don't need a safety, A. Carter is overrated)

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-16-2009, 11:43 AM

*Cough* All the other, seasoned veterans that have been around the block and understand what it takes to succeed in the NFL have no problems with McDaniels. In fact, they speak in his favor and have been impressed with his work so far. Is it more than just a coincidence that these egomaniacal douchebags are the only ones starting trouble and wanting out? *Cough*

montrose
06-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Sad part is, outside of left tackle, punter is arguably the most solid position on the team right now.

That might be pushing it a bit, the RB and TE positions look solid and I like the secondary too.

Garcia Bronco
06-16-2009, 11:53 AM
That might be pushing it a bit, the RB and TE positions look solid and I like the secondary too.

I also wouldn't sneeze at the corner position either. I also like the DL. We dropped the dead weight in backups, starters, and coaching.

broncsyanks
06-16-2009, 11:53 AM
i can honestly say i had hope for this upcoming season despite losing cutler. now with marshall gone- i have none. our front office really freakin choked on this one

kamakazi_kal
06-16-2009, 11:55 AM
I gotta agree. If we were on the cusp of a championship I'd say make Marshall stay. But McD is clearly planning things for the long term and re-building the entire team from the ground up. If Marshall wants out, better to let him out now and get someone who wants to be here than keep him for two years and have him bail out when his contract finishes.

funny .... that's not how he sold this team to some of his vet signing .... I believe Mcd himself used the term "win now" a few times.

manchambo
06-16-2009, 11:56 AM
- selfishness
- petulence
- childishness

for Cutler and Marshall, you can check all 3.

Isn't it funny, though, how neither of them was so selfish, childish or petulant that they had any trouble playing for the team until this year?

All I know for sure is that both of these players were in the fold before McD came along . . .

TonyR
06-16-2009, 12:00 PM
...our front office really freakin choked on this one

With respect to Brandon Marshall, how did they choke?

manchambo
06-16-2009, 12:01 PM
There's a flip side to that coin. I'm glad they don't want to be here, look at the two guys who've requested a trade. Cutler and Marshall. What do they have in common? Huge, over inflated egos for one. They think they can be on their own program and don't like being told what to do by the new regime.

There's evidence of this when you hear Alfred Williams talk about the differences between Shanny's '06-'08 teams and the SB teams. Players were getting away with stuff that would never have happened back when Shanny first got hear. Cutler and Marshall were soft, used to be coddled. That's why they want out.

Is this comedy? The most obvious thing these two players have in common is that they are pro-bowlers, and a couple of the very few reasons why this team hasn't been unbelievably terrible the past few years.

But this plan is starting to make some sense to me now. We all know that this team wasn't going to be a contender this year with or without a young pro bowl tandem at QB and WR. So let's run them off, take our lumps, and pick real high next year. Oh, wait a minute . . .

Dukes
06-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Isn't it funny, though, how neither of them was so selfish, childish or petulant that they had any trouble playing for the team until this year?

All I know for sure is that both of these players were in the fold before McD came along . . .

That's because Shanny let them do pretty much whatever they wanted. Why would they act that way with him?

TonyR
06-16-2009, 12:02 PM

And water is wet. You know that for sure, right?

vancejohnson82
06-16-2009, 12:02 PM

oh yea.....Marshall wasnt childish....he just threw his arm into a TV wrestling with his cousin....My adult friends and I do that all the time

you're right, CUtler wasnt petulant at all....a lot of veteran QBs storm out of the locker room after a loss and don't talk to the media...they also go out and drink often

i swear some of you don't think before posting ****

Beantown Bronco
06-16-2009, 12:03 PM

I also wouldn't sneeze at the corner position either. I also like the DL. We dropped the dead weight in backups, starters, and coaching.

Based off his performance last year, we probably had a "top 5 in the league" punter.

Could you really say we have that right now at TE, RB, DL, safety and DB? If we have all this top 5 talent, why on Earth are all of the realist/non-homers around here expecting a 5-7 win season? The DLine is downright laughable. Safety? I'm not sold until I see it on the field. Dawkins is here for his leadership and experience, but I have serious questions about how much gas he really has left in the tank. He wasn't even a top 5 safety last year. DB? If Champ is healthy, great. But the other side? We'll see. TE? Yes, I could listen to and concede this because of the talent of the overall unit.....not the talent of any one player overall.

bronco610
06-16-2009, 12:03 PM
If his agent is allowed to seek trades it will let BMarsh realize his value and
how much the off-field stuff matters.

Hopefully it works out for the broncos as either BMarsh will be humbled or they
will get good compensation for a self > team player.

This!!! :thumbs:

manchambo
06-16-2009, 12:04 PM
oh yea.....Marshall wasnt childish....he just threw his arm into a TV wrestling with his cousin....My adult friends and I do that all the time

you're right, CUtler wasnt petulant at all....a lot of veteran QBs storm out of the locker room after a loss and don't talk to the media...they also go out and drink often

i swear some of you don't think before posting ****

WTF is your point? Did either of them demand a trade at any time before McD joined? Or express one iota of unhappiness about playing for the Broncos?

dbfan21
Not that I endorse trading Marshall, I don't, but for those questioning the FO and staff for bending over and trading a player at his request - Shanahan had a policy that any player who wanted to be traded could be if they went out and found adequate compensation for the team. He said so himself after the Portis/Bailey trade. Just an FYI.

Good point. I just hate that all of this is happening. Why can't BM give it a chance? He hasn't caught a single freakin ball from Orton and hasn't spent any time in camp to grasp the philosophy. How does he know he'll be better off elsewhere? He's being the biggest jackass!

Get over yourself Brandon!

TonyR
So let's run them off...

How did they run BM off? For that matter, how did they run JC off? Didn't he run himself off?

SoDak Bronco
Why get rid of our best offensive player (maybe other then Clady)?? The Broncos WON'T GET EQUAL VALUE!!!!!!! this is a freaking mess if we trade Bmarsh..Hold on to him, fine him out the ass, and make him report to camp. He isn't going to find another gig that pays him 2.2 million this coming year.

Man-Goblin
06-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Think about it, though... if the front office trades him, it's because they feel it's probably the lesser of evils. Not because "he simply asked."

If we trade Marshall, there's a very good chance that it was the better of the options. My guess... those options being...

1. Let him sit the season and create a constant side-show.

2. Give him a huge contract and put the team in financial harm's way in a major way.

I'm going to guess by Marshall's actions that he's not game for a reasonable, incentive-based contract. I have no proof of that, it's just a guess by the way this seems to be playing out.

One thing I know you DON'T do is tell the guy "Brandon. I'm sorry you feel that way, but we'll do anything we can do to accomodate you." I mean, really? Are you going to pay his moving expenses too? Who gives a **** what Marshall wants? Last time I checked, he's under contract and got a 250% raise this year.

I just don't believe he's going to absorb the massive fines it would require to miss all of training camp and the season if he's still on the roster. Sure, unlike other elite receivers throughout the league, Marshall has shown that he is willing to miss some mandatory activities. At some point, though, the reality of a shrinking wallet will reach a tipping point and he will get his ass in camp. Also, if he sits out in length, he would have to spend an additional year in the league to get to that coveted unrestricted free agent status. The Broncos hold all of the cards here.

Also, I don't blame the Broncos for the final result of the Cutler fiasco, but if they concede again, the similarities of these two situations set a dangerous precedent.

The problem I would have is if the Broncos trade him simply to get rid of a headache. If you take less in a trade because he's bitching and whining, has an injury, or because of his past history, then you're hurting the team talent-wise. The fact is, he is an immense talent who is 25 years old.

In my opinion, if they don't get a GREAT offer, you call his bluff and make him hold out.

vancejohnson82
06-16-2009, 12:07 PM
WTF is your point? Did either of them demand a trade at any time before McD joined? Or express one iota of unhappiness about playing for the Broncos?

My point, young grasshopper, is that certain players are wired differently....some of them are childish and petulant

Marshall didnt start this **** until he was cleared by the league on that suspension...so while we were sitting here, crossing our fingers to see him on the field Week 1 he was crossing his fingers to get a new deal somewhere else

if he gets that suspension...B marsh is at Dove Valley right now

boppool
06-16-2009, 12:10 PM
The old man is definately losing it...

TonyR
06-16-2009, 12:13 PM
In my opinion, if they don't get a GREAT offer, you call his bluff and make him hold out.

I agree 100%. Assuming the "we'll accomodate you any way we can" is true I hope it's just lip service.

Rabb
06-16-2009, 12:15 PM
A friend of mine is a huge Raiders fan and so far this off season he has made fun of me and other than DHB...I don't have much to say back.

****ing sweet. My only hope is I move up the ticket list quicker now.

Miss I.
06-16-2009, 12:17 PM
A little song from a movie I thought was funny

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d_8GXidgNWc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d_8GXidgNWc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

rastaman
06-16-2009, 12:18 PM
I always wanted to know what rebuilding mode felt like since we really never had one under the Shanahan regime. I must say, it ****ing sucks!

Good point! I've already heard some people say the rebuilding may or will take "Several Years"......so we are talking 3 to 6 years at best. Bowlen will be patient so long as the fans sell out every home game during the rebuilding periods.

Point is, McD is too young, inexperienced and unproven to oversee a "Rebuilding" period without any guarantees he returns Denver back to the top in the AFC west.

Sadly however, I believe McD has come into power with the attitude he's blowing up the Broncos as if he's inherited the Detroit Lions. Shanny left McD an intact offense, and somehow McD has managed to screw up the continuity of the offense w/o any replacement. Orton can't replace Cutler, and who will replace BMarsh!

McD had a chance for immediate success with his first coaching job had he kept Bates, Cutler, and Marshall and as much of the offensive scheme as he predessor as possible initially; and gradually implement his system over a one and two year period. Had McD did this, I would have been much more optimistic with McD succeeding. Foolishly, McD made changes not out of necessity...but he did so b/c he could and this will be his down fall. And if he gets another coaching after the Denver job.....he will learn from it.

Its going to take a miracle for McD to pull this off. He had better get lucky with draft picks and FA over the next 3 years and make progress. We Denver fans will have very little patients this year for an under achieving-struggling offense in 2009 and 2010 after having inherited the #3 offense in the NFL. Let's not forget the eye sore of our Defense as well! McD has got to plug holes there as well. In fact many fans believe McD should have "BLOWN" up the defense as his first order of business as HC.

PRBronco
06-16-2009, 12:19 PM
A friend of mine is a huge Raiders fan and so far this off season he has made fun of me and other than DHB...I don't have much to say back.

****ing sweet. My only hope is I move up the ticket list quicker now.

Jeff Garcia could still beat out Russell for their starting QB, don't give up hope!

Rabb
06-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Jeff Garcia could still beat out Russell for their starting QB, don't give up hope!

hahaha

summerdenver
06-16-2009, 12:23 PM

This does not make any sense. I don't know if Mike had such a rule or not but even if he did , It would not have made it the right move just because Mike did it. This is either right move or not time will tell - but lets not rationalize this as the right move just because Mike Shanahan would have done it

There is nothing wrong with throwing full support to the current regime but it does not have come with taking shots at previous coaching staff. Shanahan has his drawbacks but he did lot of good to Denevr Broncos and I for one will always respect what he did to the team. He has moved on may be we should too.

Miss I.
06-16-2009, 12:24 PM

yeah, except look how it worked out for AZ when the older man beat out the great hyped youngster...just saying..

gyldenlove
06-16-2009, 12:26 PM
One thing I know you DON'T do is tell the guy "Brandon. I'm sorry you feel that way, but we'll do anything we can do to accomodate you." I mean, really? Are you going to pay his moving expenses too? Who gives a **** what Marshall wants? Last time I checked, he's under contract and got a 250% raise this year.

I just don't believe he's going to absorb the massive fines it would require to miss all of training camp and the season if he's still on the roster. Sure, unlike other elite receivers throughout the league, Marshall has shown that he is willing to miss some mandatory activities. At some point, though, the reality of a shrinking wallet will reach a tipping point and he will get his ass in camp. Also, if he sits out in length, he would have to spend an additional year in the league to get to that coveted unrestricted free agent status. The Broncos hold all of the cards here.

Also, I don't blame the Broncos for the final result of the Cutler fiasco, but if they concede again, the similarities of these two situations set a dangerous precedent.

The problem I would have is if the Broncos trade him simply to get rid of a headache. If you take less in a trade because he's b****ing and whining, has an injury, or because of his past history, then you're hurting the team talent-wise. The fact is, he is an immense talent who is 25 years old.

And when he calls your bluff, shows up and tears the locker room apart, then walks off for nothing to a new team next year and gets his huge fat contract?

We have a LOT of young players on this team who are going to go into contract negotiations within the next 24 months, if they see Cutler and Marshall both get shipped out because the team was too cheap to pay up, how much do you think they will feel like making any concessions?

Who do you want to lose? Kuper, he is next in line for a new deal. After him it is Harris. They have already seen two of the best young players on the team get run out of town and getting big deals elsewhere.

If they don't handle this situation a hell of a lot better than the Cutler deal, this could get really really ugly.

gyldenlove
06-16-2009, 12:27 PM

I don't see how the Raiders being a better team is good for us

SoDak Bronco
06-16-2009, 12:28 PM
How is it that our FO has all these damn leaks? Do you think this is on purpose "we are going to try and find a trading partner" to increase his value, or to call his bluff and let them think we are really trying to trade his ass but we are really going to hold onto him.

bronclvr
06-16-2009, 12:28 PM
When I went out for lunch I was listening to Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan on Sirius, and Pat talked about it-he said that they might tell Marshall that they would "accomodate" him, and Pat used the Chad Johnson deal from a few Years ago where no one would give the Bengals what they wanted, although they tried to "accomodate" him-Marshall may find that the Broncos can't find a suitor.

The other example was that if Chicago called, would we take a first and a third and Earl Bennett for Marshall? I say hell yes! McDaniels could say that we got rid of an injury prone, troubled Player in the last Year of his Contract and we received good value-I say, see Ya Brandon! :welcome:

Rabb
06-16-2009, 12:32 PM
I am not joking, I do NOT want to see him in Chicago because he instantly gives them something they don't even come close to having right now

please God, anywhere but there or another AFC West team

can you even wrap your skull around the epic magnitude of a meltdown the OM would have if he and Cutler had a dominating season into the playoffs?

Traveler
06-16-2009, 12:32 PM
We already have Chicago's 1st. Secondly, you have to believe the FO knows better than to send him to the Bears, increasing the chances that the have a good season and making the 1st rounder that much lower in value.

rastaman
06-16-2009, 12:34 PM
When I went out for lunch I was listening to Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan on Sirius, and Pat talked about it-he said that they might tell Marshall that they would "accomodate" him, and Pat used the Chad Johnson deal from a few Years ago where no one would give the Bengals what they wanted, although they tried to "accomodate" him-Marshall may find that the Broncos can't find a suitor.

The other example was that if Chicago called, would we take a first and a third and Earl Bennett for Marshall? I say hell yes! McDaniels could say that we got rid of an injury prone, troubled Player in the last Year of his Contract and we received good value-I say, see Ya Brandon! :welcome:

Sheesh whats all this hard on with collecting as many 1st rnd picks, when these picks will cost a lot of $$$$-signing bonuses, when you don't know if the 1st rounders will pan out in the first place.

McD needs to get as many multiple picks in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th as possible for BMarsh. It keeps cost down and puts you position to find more sleepers in the draft.

Beantown Bronco
06-16-2009, 12:36 PM
And when he calls your bluff, shows up and tears the locker room apart, then walks off for nothing to a new team next year

I think you mean a first and a third.

Man-Goblin
06-16-2009, 12:36 PM
And when he calls your bluff, shows up and tears the locker room apart, then walks off for nothing to a new team next year and gets his huge fat contract?

We have a LOT of young players on this team who are going to go into contract negotiations within the next 24 months, if they see Cutler and Marshall both get shipped out because the team was too cheap to pay up, how much do you think they will feel like making any concessions?

Who do you want to lose? Kuper, he is next in line for a new deal. After him it is Harris. They have already seen two of the best young players on the team get run out of town and getting big deals elsewhere.

If they don't handle this situation a hell of a lot better than the Cutler deal, this could get really really ugly.

It's not in his best interest to show up and tear the locker room apart, be perceived to be a bad team mate, or be a distraction off the field (see TO, Plaxico Burress). His best course of action would be to go the Anquan Boldin route, who is still in line to get a fat raise eventually.

outdoor_miner
06-16-2009, 12:37 PM

Great post. This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I don't understand the "rush" to accommodate him... Why the big hurry? Unless the Broncos feel that Marshall and his agent will discover that he is not worth nearly as much as they think he is (as another poster suggested earlier).

If he is traded, it has to be for a player of equal value that will contribute this year. Someone like a Julius Peppers. That is the only way this makes any sense. I am going to be pissed if we only end up with draft picks from a trade (which I was fine with in the Cutler scenario).

I like McDaniels' philosophy of acquiring team-first, intelligent leaders... HOWEVER, nobody likes to lose. Nobody. Not the fans, not the players... If he lets Marshall go for picks, I struggle to see how we are going to be consistently competitve this year. Given everything that has happened this offseason, the fans and media will eat McDaniels alive if things are ugly early. Furthermore, a guy like Dawkins did not sign-up for a complete rebuild. Sure, he is a class act... But you have to believe he will not be happy losing.

I really believe that the Broncos need to field a competitive team this year. With how the team is currently structured, I believe we can do it. Losing Marshall for draft picks? That is much harder to envision.

extralife
06-16-2009, 12:41 PM
"Hell Josh, please have a seat."

"Mr. Bowlen, it is an honor to be considered for this position."

"I'm glad you feel that way. Now I've heard you have a detailed plan in place for how you would make our football team better."

"Yes, Mr. Bowlen, I'm glad you asked! I believe it would be in your team's best interests to trade away our two best players, both of whom are 25 years old. Furthermore, it is then imperative that we trade away next years first round pick - our primary rebuilding chip, and the one thing our fans would have to look forward to as we bottomed out - for a second this year."

"HOT DAMN, YOU'RE HIRED!"

cousinal11
06-16-2009, 12:42 PM
What the hell is Bowlen doing?

Man-Goblin
06-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Great post. This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I don't understand the "rush" to accommodate him... Why the big hurry? Unless the Broncos feel that Marshall and his agent will discover that he is not worth nearly as much as they think he is (as another poster suggested earlier).

If he is traded, it has to be for a player of equal value that will contribute this year. Someone like a Julius Peppers. That is the only way this makes any sense. I am going to be pissed if we only end up with draft picks from a trade (which I was fine with in the Cutler scenario).

I like McDaniels' philosophy of acquiring team-first, intelligent leaders... HOWEVER, nobody likes to lose. Nobody. Not the fans, not the players... If he lets Marshall go for picks, I struggle to see how we are going to be consistently competitve this year. Given everything that has happened this offseason, the fans and media will eat McDaniels alive if things are ugly early. Furthermore, a guy like Dawkins did not sign-up for a complete rebuild. Sure, he is a class act... But you have to believe he will not be happy losing.

I really believe that the Broncos need to field a competitive team this year. With how the team is currently structured, I believe we can do it. Losing Marshall for draft picks? That is much harder to envision.

I agree.

Trading Marshall for draft picks sounds like a great idea, until I remember the draft is 10 1/2 months away and the Broncos don't own their own first round draft pick. Once they traded that draft pick, they were officially in the "we are going to do everything we can to win this year" mode. And I am okay with that. But if you trade Marshall for picks next year, it fundamentally conflicts with that ideology, reeks of desparation, and brands the organization as a pushover.

bronclvr
06-16-2009, 12:49 PM
I struggle to see how we are going to be consistently competitve this year.

I think your Post was great, but I have no illusions that we are going to be great this Year, given the change in Coaching, Playbook and Schedule-I will be happy to raise a glass of that Orange Kool-Aid with you and dream, however! Hilarious! ^5 :yayaya: ;)

BroncoMan4ever
06-16-2009, 01:12 PM

i agree. trade him for a 1st and 3rd(minimum) and good riddance to the whiny pussy.

TonyR
06-16-2009, 01:17 PM
...trade him for a 1st and 3rd(minimum)

Do you really think anyone would make such an offer for an injured WR with legal troubles? I just don't see it happening. Plaxico is a better bet right now because you don't have to give anything up to bring him in.

gyldenlove
06-16-2009, 01:20 PM
It's not in his best interest to show up and tear the locker room apart, be perceived to be a bad team mate, or be a distraction off the field (see TO, Plaxico Burress). His best course of action would be to go the Anquan Boldin route, who is still in line to get a fat raise eventually.

Why not? TO got his 8 million a year back then, Burress got his huge contract.

How the F is his best course of action to do what Boldin did? of the 3 you mention, the two who did what you said he shouldn't do got what they wanted, while the one who did what you said he should do has gotten nothing.

I am sorry, but if you want to make an argument, at least give examples that help your case.

rugbythug
06-16-2009, 01:20 PM
BM Agent

UberBroncoMan
06-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Broncos 2009: Because draft picks are better than proven commodities.

gyldenlove
06-16-2009, 01:21 PM
I think you mean a first and a third.

You mean a miniscule CB and a blocking TE.... :peace:

rugbythug
06-16-2009, 01:22 PM

How the F is his best course of action to do what Boldin did? of the 3 you mention, the two who did what you said he shouldn't do got what they wanted, while the one who did what you said he should do has gotten nothing.

I am sorry, but if you want to make an argument, at least give examples that help your case.

Add Ocho Cinco and Lelie to the Ney side.

WyoLaw
06-16-2009, 01:25 PM
It's not surprising. Why else did they run out and sign another WR in Brandon Lloyd. Obviously, BM will not be a Bronco this year.

Beantown Bronco
06-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Do you really think anyone would make such an offer for an injured WR with legal troubles? I just don't see it happening. Plaxico is a better bet right now because you don't have to give anything up to bring him in.

There is still that little issue of Plaxico possibly never playing another down in the NFL again. Just because his case got delayed doesn't mean he's off the hook from the Commish. It's still quite possible that he gets suspended before the case is even heard.

Best case scenario for him realistically is he plays this year and gets suspended all next year while he serves time.

RaiderH8r
06-16-2009, 01:29 PM

And how many pro bowlers took advantage of that policy under Shanny? McKid has done it twice in one offseason. McKid needs to run head first into an AIDS tree.

And we were 8-8 last year with a late collapse. If this club does not improve on that record I fully intend to hold McKid accountable for that failure. These moves are done under the guise of "making the team better". Well then that better be the result. The whole "rebuilding mode" is simply setting the table to make McKid's failures excusable after the inevitable sucktitude that will be the 09-10 Broncos. Seriously, is Pat Bowlen trying to out crazy/out dumbass Al Davis?

RaiderH8r
06-16-2009, 01:30 PM
I agree.

Trading Marshall for draft picks sounds like a great idea, until I remember the draft is 10 1/2 months away and the Broncos don't own their own first round draft pick. Once they traded that draft pick, they were officially in the "we are going to do everything we can to win this year" mode. And I am okay with that. But if you trade Marshall for picks next year, it fundamentally conflicts with that ideology, reeks of desparation, and brands the organization as a pushover.

This trade becomes even more tempting to go after a 1st rounder since the corkknobs in our FO traded away a 1st rounder to get an undersized nickle back in the last draft.

i4jelway7
06-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Bmarsh's agent has talked and now the Broncos have talked and said they can speak for themselves

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12601175

24champ
06-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Bmarsh's agent has talked and now the Broncos have talked and said they can speak for themselves

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12601175

"We met after Pat's meeting with Brandon and are going to continue our dialogue with Brandon and his representative," said Broncos coach Josh McDaniels. "We look forward to having Brandon at training camp."

"Let me be as clear as I can about this,” McDaniels said when reached at his office Tuesday afternoon. “We are not trading Jay Cutler — period.”

http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/mcdaniels-models-cutler-jersey.jpg

bronclvr
06-16-2009, 01:44 PM
4jelway7,

Thank you for posting the Link-

From the Article:

"We met after Pat's meeting with Brandon and are going to continue our dialogue with Brandon and his representative," said Broncos coach Josh McDaniels. "We look forward to having Brandon at training camp".

However, there is no indication the Broncos will seek to deal Marshall, who is unhappy with his contract that will pay him $2.198 million this season, the final year of his deal.

If this Article is correct, it appears that (as usual) there are members of this Board that are jumping to conclusions-Hilarious!

Beantown Bronco
06-16-2009, 01:48 PM
"Let me be as clear as I can about this,” McDaniels said when reached at his office Tuesday afternoon. “We are not trading Jay Cutler — period.”

Don't forget:

"That's what we have communicated ever since the deal with Cassel didn't happen," McDaniels said. "Other teams have called but we're not interested in getting draft picks for Jay."

Man-Goblin
06-16-2009, 01:52 PM

Burress signed a 6 year, $25 million contract in 2005, and a highly protected extension in 2008 that has since been terminated. And now he doesn't have a team.

Owens was forced to sign a 3 year deal $25 million deal with the Cowboys after his Philly, when he was still very much in his prime, rather than the moster deal he probably would have been worth. And he pretty much only saw the signing bonus he received last year after the Cowboys made the embarassing mistake of giving him an extension. Other teams won't make that sort of mistake again. And he was forced to sign a 1 year deal this year in Buffalo of all places.

You don't think Marshall is aspiring for more than that? Don't you think he wants he 7 year, $60-70million mega deal that these guys will never see?

Guys like Boldin will get it, eventually. These guys never will. And neither will Ocho Cinco, for that matter. Why? Because they have repuations that procede them.

Marshall, whether genuine or not, has taken steps to paint himself as a good guy. He knows very well that character means dollars in this league.

RaiderH8r
06-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Bowlen, Xanders, and McKid continue to make a mockery of themselves.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/

Brandon Marshall Successfully Cuts Ties With Terribly Unsupportive Team That Covered Up His Wife Beating. It’s “Get Away With Murder Day” at KSK today. See if you can follow this logic. Talented Broncos wideout Brandon Marshall is accused of beating his ex-girlfriend multiple times, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4A756xTC0s) and for coming at her with a brick. In turn, the Broncos ask the victim, more or less, to keep quiet on the matter. Outside The Lines airs the whole sordid affair, including a reported fight between Marshall and his NEW fiancee. Marshall responds to this whole thing by demanding the Broncos trade him. Because they were so disloyal, you see. A real class NFL team would have taped his fists before he started wailing on his lady. That’s how the Bengals would have done it. Anyway, the Broncos actually AGREED (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/06/16/report-broncos-agree-to-trade-marshall/) to trade him today (They haven’t traded him yet, but Pat Bowlen enjoys bargaining without leverage. He’s a real wild man like that.). Apparently, you can force a trade in Denver simply by asking Bowlen, “pretty please with sugar on top.” Congrats, Broncos fans. Your team has again vastly downgraded its skill positions in order to acquire first round picks it will then trade for fourth round picks. Drink up.

BroncoMan4ever
06-16-2009, 02:12 PM

if the Cowboys were willing to give up a 1st and 3rd for Roy Williams, Marshall will get us at least that.

and with Plax you get his idiotic antics, his terrible team mentality and bad attitude. when Marshall is on the field or with his team he is a leader and focused on the game, you can't say that about Plax. and with the lack of real playmakers available and with so many teams in need of a playmaker, regardless of his legal problems, there will be teams who will still take him

BroncoMan4ever
06-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Broncos 2009: Because draft picks are better than proven commodities.

have you seen next seasons draft? it is stacked with talent. i want as many draft picks possible for next years draft, and if we get them by trading a guy who doesn't want to be here, fine by me

BroncoMan4ever
06-16-2009, 02:18 PM

http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/mcdaniels-models-cutler-jersey.jpg

and i seem to remember McDaniels calling Jay trying to get him back in Denver, but he was being a whiny bitch and BOWLEN finally snapped and said **** this whiny prick and traded him. McDaniels isn't the one who pulled the trigger on the trade.

tsiguy96
06-16-2009, 02:22 PM

please keep in mind, mcdaniels was willing to wait out the jay cutler thing. pat bowlen issued a letter to fans and an order to mcdaniels to trade cutler. thats from mcdaniels boss, he has to do what he says. mcdaniels wanted cutler here and made it very very clear that that was the case.

DrFate
06-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Please - trade Marshall. Then Clady and Royal. We want winners after all, and neither of those guys fit the bill. Right? I mean, Cutler walked on water until he didn't, then all of a sudden he was trash.

This is amateur hour in Dove Valley. Egos aside, I can't see how McDaniels is still employed. I just wonder how many games this team has to lose over the next 2 or 3 seasons while Cutler and Marshall and however else we send packing are lighting it up elsewhere.

DrFate
06-16-2009, 02:23 PM
have you seen next seasons draft? it is stacked with talent. i want as many draft picks possible for next years draft, and if we get them by trading a guy who doesn't want to be here, fine by me

Too bad we traded a potential top 10 pick in that 'stacked' draft for a 2nd round corner in a weak draft.

tsiguy96
06-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Too bad we traded a potential top 10 pick in that 'stacked' draft for a 2nd round corner in a weak draft.

its also a potential top 30 pick for a guy who has the skills to be the best corner in the 2009 draft. quit being a negative whiny bitch and try having some fun once in awhile.

Hotrod
06-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Please - trade Marshall. Then Clady and Royal. We want winners after all, and neither of those guys fit the bill. Right? I mean, Cutler walked on water until he didn't, then all of a sudden he was trash.

This is amateur hour in Dove Valley. Egos aside, I can't see how McDaniels is still employed. I just wonder how many games this team has to lose over the next 2 or 3 seasons while Cutler and Marshall and however else we send packing are lighting it up elsewhere.

I'm guessing if I received a new job and my first acts were to run off the companys top 2 producing salesmen I'd be ****ed

DeusExManning
06-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Marshall for Haloti Ngota straight up!

DrFate
06-16-2009, 02:31 PM
its also a potential top 30 pick for a guy who has the skills to be the best corner in the 2009 draft. quit being a negative whiny b**** and try having some fun once in awhile.

Talk to me after Seattle drafts an impact player with the Broncos pick and Smith has just finshed his first season as a nickel player.

1) amateur
2) hour

summerdenver
06-16-2009, 02:35 PM
and i seem to remember McDaniels calling Jay trying to get him back in Denver, but he was being a whiny b**** and BOWLEN finally snapped and said **** this whiny prick and traded him. McDaniels isn't the one who pulled the trigger on the trade.

I remember Fox 31 publishing on the same day that Josh McDaniels had serious concerns Jays ability to learn his super complicated offense and also that he is scared to death about Jays alcoholism.

At ths point no one really knows how seriously Josh McDaniels wanted Jay back. Lets leave it at that.

Rabb
06-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Bowlen, Xanders, and McKid continue to make a mockery of themselves.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/

Brandon Marshall Successfully Cuts Ties With Terribly Unsupportive Team That Covered Up His Wife Beating. It’s “Get Away With Murder Day” at KSK today. See if you can follow this logic. Talented Broncos wideout Brandon Marshall is accused of beating his ex-girlfriend multiple times, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4A756xTC0s) and for coming at her with a brick. In turn, the Broncos ask the victim, more or less, to keep quiet on the matter. Outside The Lines airs the whole sordid affair, including a reported fight between Marshall and his NEW fiancee. Marshall responds to this whole thing by demanding the Broncos trade him. Because they were so disloyal, you see. A real class NFL team would have taped his fists before he started wailing on his lady. That’s how the Bengals would have done it. Anyway, the Broncos actually AGREED (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/06/16/report-broncos-agree-to-trade-marshall/) to trade him today (They haven’t traded him yet, but Pat Bowlen enjoys bargaining without leverage. He’s a real wild man like that.). Apparently, you can force a trade in Denver simply by asking Bowlen, “pretty please with sugar on top.” Congrats, Broncos fans. Your team has again vastly downgraded its skill positions in order to acquire first round picks it will then trade for fourth round picks. Drink up.

Jesus Christ

let's start quoting blogs, that quote other blogs as fact

what the ****?

elsid13
06-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Guess the old Drunk is realizing that not that easy to be man in charge.

Hotrod
06-16-2009, 02:45 PM
its also a potential top 30 pick for a guy who has the skills to be the best corner in the 2009 draft. quit being a negative whiny b**** and try having some fun once in awhile.

http://www.sparkcaster.com/demotivational/images/wharrgarbl.jpg

TheDave
06-16-2009, 02:56 PM
With Cutler gone... I couldn't care less what they do with Marshall. I highly doubt Orton is going to be able to force the ball through double and triple coverage to get him his 100 catches.

rastaman
06-16-2009, 03:12 PM
I am not joking, I do NOT want to see him in Chicago because he instantly gives them something they don't even come close to having right now

please God, anywhere but there or another AFC West team

can you even wrap your skull around the epic magnitude of a meltdown the OM would have if he and Cutler had a dominating season into the playoffs?

Why do you care! I mean really. Is the hatred and animosity is above board. Once these players are no longer Broncos its time to move on. Wishing and hoping ill-will is totally unecessary. The OM will adjust fine should Cutler, BMarsh, and Shanny reunite in Chi-town.

You need to grow up Dude.

c_lazy_r
06-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Talk to me after Seattle drafts an impact player with the Broncos pick and Smith has just finshed his first season as a nickel player.

1) amateur
2) hour

First round pick equals automatic impact player?

Big assumption, don't you think?

gyldenlove
06-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Burress signed a 6 year, $25 million contract in 2005, and a highly protected extension in 2008 that has since been terminated. And now he doesn't have a team.

Owens was forced to sign a 3 year deal $25 million deal with the Cowboys after his Philly, when he was still very much in his prime, rather than the moster deal he probably would have been worth. And he pretty much only saw the signing bonus he received last year after the Cowboys made the embarassing mistake of giving him an extension. Other teams won't make that sort of mistake again. And he was forced to sign a 1 year deal this year in Buffalo of all places.

You don't think Marshall is aspiring for more than that? Don't you think he wants he 7 year, $60-70million mega deal that these guys will never see?

Guys like Boldin will get it, eventually. These guys never will. And neither will Ocho Cinco, for that matter. Why? Because they have repuations that procede them.

Marshall, whether genuine or not, has taken steps to paint himself as a good guy. He knows very well that character means dollars in this league.

Owens has made more than 8 million a year, that is more than just about any other WR over the last 4 years. He would probably have prefered it as one big contract rather than a few smaller ones, but fact is that he is very well paid.

Burress made 5 million per year in his first contract with the Giants, he made 11 million in his first year of the extension. Not quite the 8 million per year Owens made, but still around 6 mill a year is not bad, it is certainly a LOT more than Boldin makes.

In fact, with the inflation in player contracts, Owens contract with the Cowboys, had it been signed today would have been worth more than 9 million a year and Burress would have been at 7 mill a year. They got their money when they wanted it.

Boldin on the other hand, not so much.

footstepsfrom#27
06-16-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm really surprised they'd simply knuckle under like this without even attempting to resolve the situation. It definitely sends the wrong message to other players.

ZONA
06-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Reading through all five pages and it's the same group of guys who bag on McD for everything. You guys are pathetic. Try to come up with something fresh and new at least. The "blame McD for everything" is getting really really old. If it's so bad around here, go cheer for another team where you might like the HC. A few immature pouting whinebag players this offseason ask to get traded and you guys flip off the handle. Change is here. Live with it. This aint the same old Broncos. The sooner you realize that and quit your constant bagging on the front office and whining about every word spoke by them, the better...........for all of us.

tsiguy96
06-16-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm really surprised they'd simply knuckle under like this without even attempting to resolve the situation. It definitely sends the wrong message to other players.

i agree with you...wow

TonyR
06-16-2009, 05:20 PM
...I can't see how McDaniels is still employed...

Another genius, this one a "Dr". Tell us, Dr., why you're blaming McD for this current situation? Are you going to go with the "he saw what they did to his BFF Jay Cutler" theory?

DBroncos4life
06-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Another genius, this one a "Dr". Tell us, Dr., why you're blaming McD for this current situation? Are you going to go with the "he saw what they did to his BFF Jay Cutler" theory?

Well no one really knows what is going on but its pretty odd that 2 pro bowl players on a team are being traded after a new coach joins the team. I've been watching football for twenty odd years and I can't recall this happening to any other coach in that time.

I mean if you know whats going on hear Tony let us know.

DBroncos4life
06-16-2009, 05:45 PM
There isn't anyone I know that doesn't think this is starting at the top. Not one fan from another team that doesn't think something is very wrong in Denver for this to just start happening.

Broncos4tw
06-16-2009, 05:45 PM
You people saying "F 'em.. get out if you don't want to be here.." — what are you wanting us to be... the new Detroit Lions?

Look.. the more franchise players we lose, the less will want to play with us. They got rid of our franchise QB. So.. there goes our franchise WR. And more will follow. It's the front office's job to entice and KEEP THESE PLAYERS! Not say "Oh.. ok, seeya..." when they ask to be traded.

They could have kept Cutler if they had tried. They could keep Marshall if they try. This stupid-ass attitude of only putting crappy and mediocre players with "good attitudes" on our team is going to kill us.

This front office and the coach are being directed and having to form the team around players decisions. That's great. McD has no clout with the players whatsoever.

If you guys are so keen on getting rid of any player that has talent, please go root for the Lions.

Br0nc0Buster
06-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Well no one really knows what is going on but its pretty odd that 2 pro bowl players on a team are being traded after a new coach joins the team. I've been watching football for twenty odd years and I can't recall this happening to any other coach in that time.

one ignored phone calls from his teammates and owner
the other has been involved in 13 incidents with the police

and yet people are laying blame on the coach as if his personality is the problem. I mean what are the odds Jay could get upset over something???
Its just not possible unless McDaniels is a tyrant
Or that Marshall could cause the FO headaches...yeah he is such an outstanding citizen that just cant be unless McDaniels is just too unbearable to work with

DBroncos4life
06-16-2009, 05:54 PM
one ignored phone calls from his teammates and owner
the other has been involved in 13 incidents with the police

and yet people are laying blame on the coach as if his personality is the problem. I mean what are the odds Jay could get upset over something???
Its just not possible unless McDaniels is a tyrant
Or that Marshall could cause the FO headaches...yeah he is such an outstanding citizen that just cant be unless McDaniels is just too unbearable to work with

This starts at the top just like any other buisness that is failing. If your top employee's start jumping ship people will question what is going on at the top with your CEO almost every time. Again this isn't just coming from Broncos fans on this board. I've heard it from Packers fans, Viking fans, Buc fans, 49ers fans and even my best friend who just happens to be a Pats fan who thinks the Bob Kraft sending out coaches to **** up teams would be awesome if it was true at all.

Atlas
06-16-2009, 05:57 PM

If they want him to play for a last place team the should just make him play in Denver.

Br0nc0Buster
06-16-2009, 06:09 PM
This starts at the top just like any other buisness that is failing. If your top employee's start jumping ship people will question what is going on at the top with your CEO almost every time. Again this isn't just coming from Broncos fans on this board. I've heard it from Packers fans, Viking fans, Buc fans, 49ers fans and even my best friend who just happens to be a Pats fan who thinks the Bob Kraft sending out coaches to **** up teams would be awesome if it was true at all.

Jay Cutler is not a reflection of McDaniels, just like Terrell Owens is not a reflection of Andy Reid
As far as the Cutler thing, people can speculate but I am afraid no one knows what happened except for our FO, but the point is Cutler showed he is not above acting like a 5 year old. Does this automatically mean McDaniels has been unreasonable because Jay got his feelings hurt?

And for Marshall, has nothing to do with McDaniels.
He has had nothing but positive things to say about him, I highly doubt his attitude would change that drastically considering he has been in Orlando the whole offseason away from McDaniels

Dude just wants more money for outplaying his contract, seriously it happens ever year
Perhaps he did get the idea of asking for a trade from the Cutler thing, but there is no reason to assume it is for any reason other than $

Popps
06-16-2009, 06:11 PM
If they want him to play for a last place team the should just make him play in Denver.

Good one, Bob.

ZONA
06-16-2009, 06:56 PM

True, but what we have here is the perfect storm. Two very very immature players who both are grossly underpaid, unethical agents and while one is a drunk the other is a social disaster. Can you tell me the last time a new coach took over for a team where their 2 superstars were like these 2?

BroncoMan4ever
06-16-2009, 07:08 PM

that 2nd round corner you speak of will be starting opposite of Champ by week 10.

also, our pick will not have been top 10, it is going to be late teens maybe very early 20s

DrFate
06-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Reading through all five pages and it's the same group of guys who bag on McD for everything. You guys are pathetic. Try to come up with something fresh and new at least. The "blame McD for everything" is getting really really old. If it's so bad around here, go cheer for another team where you might like the HC. A few immature pouting whinebag players this offseason ask to get traded and you guys flip off the handle. Change is here. Live with it. This aint the same old Broncos. The sooner you realize that and quit your constant bagging on the front office and whining about every word spoke by them, the better...........for all of us.

Where else would like the blame to be put? What I can't get is the same group of people who are blindly slurping the Kool Aid while this moron burns the franchise to the ground. We have gone from a solid franchise with some serious defensive deficiencies to a punchline.

DrFate
06-16-2009, 07:26 PM
that 2nd round corner you speak of will be starting opposite of Champ by week 10.

also, our pick will not have been top 10, it is going to be late teens maybe very early 20s

Wager?

DrFate
06-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Jay Cutler is not a reflection of McDaniels, just like Terrell Owens is not a reflection of Andy Reid

That's just silly. Owens has burned bridges in THREE different towns.

Everyone was on the Cutler bandwagon until Sparky came to town and tried to prove what a 'big man' he was.

DrFate
06-16-2009, 07:34 PM

Quoted

For

Truth

Been following this team since '86 here, I've never seen anything like this in the NFL. Ever - why so many people on this board stand by this clown (who has done exactly NOTHING) is beyond me.

Br0nc0Buster
06-16-2009, 07:37 PM

Everyone was on the Cutler bandwagon until Sparky came to town and tried to prove what a 'big man' he was.

Cutler refused to talk to the owner and his own teammates
you can kiss his @ss all you want, but he acted like a grade A douche

DBroncos4life
06-16-2009, 08:32 PM
True, but what we have here is the perfect storm. Two very very immature players who both are grossly underpaid, unethical agents and while one is a drunk the other is a social disaster. Can you tell me the last time a new coach took over for a team where their 2 superstars were like these 2?

maybe we should have found someone that wouldn't have let it get so out of control.

DBroncos4life
06-16-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm sorry that some of us don't want to buy into that everything is going according to plan in the FO office of a team that we love. You guys can go on and toss out that one of our stars was a CRY BABY and the other is a total ass bag all you want but there will be more then a few of us that are seeing two of the youngest most talented football players we have had in a number of years just asked to be traded off our football team. To me there has to be a reason for it. If its because our owner can't afford to run the team then we are F'd. If it happens to be the coach we are F'd, and I guess if it is a fluke and it was just the two players really being babies we are still F'd in the short run because there isn't a damn thing anyone can say to me to make believe that we are a better team right now without Marshall.

SoCalBronco
06-16-2009, 08:56 PM

At some point (if it hasnt happened already, which it has), it is going to be very hard to argue that is on the player if it keeps happening over and over. Like footsteps said yesterday, even the cheerleaders will have to start looking at the common denominator and putting 2 and 2 together.

Drek
06-17-2009, 03:45 AM

This is idiotic.

Cutler did exactly what Owens has done in his three stops to get himself out of here. It might have only been one instance, but its the same bull****.

And now Marshall is trying to play that game.

What we should be concerned with is 1. Why did Shanahan breed such a me first, team second mindset in his stars and 2. Why did Cutler get traded only days after snubbing Bowlen, despite McDaniels saying for months he was their QB, and now Marshall's agent is claiming Bowlen said he'd be traded while McDaniels expects him to report.

How much of all this bull**** is stemming from Shanahan's pandering to his young stars and now Bowlen doing basically the same out of disgust? The last three years have been more damaging to this franchise than anything we've seen in about twenty years prior.

At this point I'm surprised McDaniels isn't considering resigning because Bowlen is either out of his mind or outright contradicting and undermining McDaniels, and he's got a roster full of candy asses who are unwilling to buy into a team first mindset needed to win consistently in this league.

RaiderH8r
06-17-2009, 07:08 AM
This is idiotic.

Cutler did exactly what Owens has done in his three stops to get himself out of here. It might have only been one instance, but its the same bull****.

And now Marshall is trying to play that game.

What we should be concerned with is 1. Why did Shanahan breed such a me first, team second mindset in his stars and 2. Why did Cutler get traded only days after snubbing Bowlen, despite McDaniels saying for months he was their QB, and now Marshall's agent is claiming Bowlen said he'd be traded while McDaniels expects him to report.

How much of all this bull**** is stemming from Shanahan's pandering to his young stars and now Bowlen doing basically the same out of disgust? The last three years have been more damaging to this franchise than anything we've seen in about twenty years prior.

At this point I'm surprised McDaniels isn't considering resigning because Bowlen is either out of his mind or outright contradicting and undermining McDaniels, and he's got a roster full of candy asses who are unwilling to buy into a team first mindset needed to win consistently in this league.

How much of this bull**** is stemming from Lil Hoodie's penis envy and Napoleon syndrome?

Is it so surprising that a guy who grossly overplayed his 4th round pick money wants a raise? Oooooh f'ing A I can't believe it... The problem is that BM didn't even go straight to money talk and instead glossed that over in favor of a ticket out of town. Why? Because McKid, from day 1, had done nothing but trip over his dick in an effort to prove he's "the man". Well big news lil hoodie, you don't take snaps, you don't rush the passer and you sure as **** don't command the huddle.

A 5-11 season is on McKid, all of it. He had the tools to win and he's pissing them away. At this point I'm fairly certain Shanny's firing, Lil Hoodie's hiring, and all the BS that has since ensued is the work of the Devil himself, Belichick. He knows the Broncos had their number and has now wormed his way into destroying his nemesis.

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-17-2009, 07:21 AM
How many nicknames can McDaniels possibly have?

Bigdawg26
06-17-2009, 08:41 AM

Mabe week ten two years from now. But you that could mean that Champ is on his way out as well. Well as far as I'm concern one more top 10 player at his position can go. Man I mean what happened to the broncos. They were just a defense away from the super bowl, and now that this idiot took over we our re-building. Well not really re-building because the players that we are losing are not even in their prime yet and still pro bowlers. I really can't blame Marshall for wanting a new contract. The long snapper makes more than him, he's a pro bowl player, and he's 25 and 6-4 230 can out run defenders and run over them. It's messed up they won't pay him because I know he won't have the same seasons with Orton (the perfect back up quarterback) in a 4 wide out set as he would with Culter (who isn't scared and can throw the ball down field).
<!-- / message -->

DrFate
06-17-2009, 04:44 PM

I get that Sparky is the flavor of the month. And, apparently, once you are no longer on the Broncos payroll, you rate right below dog poo.

But how come a guy who won 2 rings as a HC and a couple more as a coordinator is 'pandering' and 'damaging'. And a guy who has done absolutely zippo is a worldbeater? How come these players, who a few months ago were 'professionals' and 'team guys' are now 'candy asses'?

You are sucking down the Kool Aid by the gallon - what has Sparky done to rate such allegiance? Seriously I'd like to know. This kid did nothing but manage Bellicheat's headset cord like an intern. And now, everybody in the history of the organization is worthless and he's walking on water. I don't get that.