PDA

View Full Version : Will you Shop Past Picket Lines?

Pages : 1 [2]

TDmvp
06-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Wal-Mart hating retards always end up being trash like these 2. Penn and Teller's Bull**** sums up the Wal-Mart haters...
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4KrjQqIXHdU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

chadta
06-17-2009, 01:47 PM
It just gets my ire when companies are getting large profit margins but don't feel the need to reward the workers who make them very successful. Legally and ethically issues are different i understand. But we can't continue to tolerate one, for the other - when indeed the results are the same.

see my post on page 2 or 3 about the kellogg plant up here in london ontario, kellogg made over 1 billion last year, yet they locked workers out demanding wage consessions due to the "tough times"

gyldenlove
06-17-2009, 01:53 PM
see my post on page 2 or 3 about the kellogg plant up here in london ontario, kellogg made over 1 billion last year, yet they locked workers out demanding wage consessions due to the "tough times"

Many companies did that. AstraZeneca made a multi billion dollar profit last year, but laid of 20% of their workforce citing hard time.

alkemical
06-17-2009, 01:53 PM

Right, that's the **** that bugs the **** out of me. I can't stand it.

Just like the union reps here (15 of which were just fired for FMLA abuses). Some abuse it and i think the company should have the right to excise those people from it's payroll.

But you make $1/bil in profit - dude - pay your people. Stop being a douche. Stop citing "tough economic times". It won't be so tough if you pay people who can spend money - dumb ****ers.

alkemical
06-17-2009, 01:56 PM
and at times, the most hilarious thing about unions too - is that they've turned INTO big business. most of the times, unions and big biz are in cahoots anyway. They realize (both parties) that they play the work force against the union & company to get the concessions they want.

Just like my call center "accept the contract or we are closing your building".

Uhm, just like you say whenever a contract comes up?

please..

alkemical
06-17-2009, 01:58 PM
alot of people took part in the holocost too, so i guess thats ok ?

I think he's agreeing with you by citing another example. Just how i'm reading it though.

chadta
06-17-2009, 02:01 PM
at the kellogg plant last friday, a few members of one of our special squads came in, stopped a bus load of scaps from getting in, i guess tgn wasnt one of them cuz he surely would got off the armoured bus and challenged them and demanded to get across the line.

TailgateNut
06-17-2009, 02:12 PM
when asked about if non union cost over runs dont exsist

tell that to your buddy tailgatenut, altho hes not sure if its the unions fault or if he can actually blame the guys responsible for the delays, but it suits his arguements to blame the union so go with that.

so tgn and bb aare on the same side but not, then tgn spoke out of the other side of his face, and let the truth slip out.

but continued to blame it on the unions. :thumbsup:

but then is quick to defend the non union labour for an overrun that clearly wasnt there fault.

then comes the josh with the post of the year, rep

its all about being reasonable both sides of the argument, not just the unions not making stupid demands, but the employer not making silly demands either.

Good grief, you are one confused human being. You refer to qoutes of mine which attempt to clarify cost increases and time extensions to contracts not being the fault of the contractor. I made no reference to union or non-union contractors in that statement. Nor did I make a statement regarding change orders being isolated to union companies.

It's obvious that you need a union to guarantee job security. What a lost puppy!

TailgateNut
06-17-2009, 02:14 PM
at the kellogg plant last friday, a few members of one of our special squads came in, stopped a bus load of scaps from getting in, i guess tgn wasnt one of them cuz he surely would got off the armoured bus and challenged them and demanded to get across the line.

Don't worry. I don't want your union job, nor do I need a union to protect mine.

...and it is quite sad that your union needs to resort to acts of "semi-violence" to protect your job.

Unions ARE OUTDATED, and need to be sent to the scrap heap.

chadta
06-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Don't worry. I don't want your union job, nor do I need a union to protect mine.

...and it is quite sad that your union needs to resort to acts of "semi-violence" to protect your job.

Unions ARE OUTDATED, and need to be sent to the scrap heap.

no violence at all, they just stood there, but they sure as hell didnt back down

TDmvp
06-17-2009, 02:22 PM
If you was born in the last 20 years you would think that the whole point of a union was to hold a company hostage till they cave ...

Unions at one point had a good reason to exist and even the auto union was good at first , but now they are basically a mob and should be done away with...

TailgateNut
06-17-2009, 02:24 PM
no violence at all, they just stood there, but they sure as hell didnt back down

Yep, you made my point. :thanku:

Threatening employers to retain ones' job is building good employer-employee relations.

I hope they fire every damn one of you! There are thousands unemployed who would love your job.

TailgateNut
06-17-2009, 02:26 PM
If you was born in the last 20 years you would think that the whole point of a union was to hold a company hostage till they cave ...

Unions at one point had a good reason to exist and even the auto union was good at first , but now they are basically a mob and should be done away with...

This may be a bit difficult to swallow for those who have nothing aside from their thug unions to convince their employers that they are anything more than two arms and two legs.

chadta
06-17-2009, 02:27 PM
question, how many of you have actually ever for any reason been on a picket line ?

you seem to think the unions have it all gravy while "holding companies hostage" but just as often as the cause is a strike its a lockout, where the management has said take what we give you or dont come to work.

picket duty isnt all that much fun, and id bet after a few days most people would rather be in working, if not after a few days after the first pay day forsure.

chadta
06-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Threatening employers to retain ones' job is building good employer-employee relations.

I hope they fire every damn one of you! There are thousands unemployed who would love your job.

no threats involved, the company locked its workers out, the company made the threat, take this ****, like it, or dont come to work. so tell me again who needs lessons on employee relations

TailgateNut
06-17-2009, 02:33 PM
no threats involved, the company locked its workers out, the company made the threat, take this ****, like it, or dont come to work. so tell me again who needs lessons on employee relations

Like I said. Fire them, and hire replacements. Much easier than dealing with a bunch of assholes who think they run the show.

They did give you a choice!

...and if you picket on my property, expect to be arrested.

TailgateNut
06-17-2009, 02:35 PM

Time to call the cops, and arrest everyone of "your squads". :rofl: Squads:rofl:

bfoflcommish
06-17-2009, 02:47 PM
question, how many of you have actually ever for any reason been on a picket line ?

you seem to think the unions have it all gravy while "holding companies hostage" but just as often as the cause is a strike its a lockout, where the management has said take what we give you or dont come to work.

picket duty isnt all that much fun, and id bet after a few days most people would rather be in working, if not after a few days after the first pay day forsure.

I have......for the same union that did squat for me 2 years later!

chadta
06-17-2009, 02:55 PM
...and if you picket on my property, expect to be arrested.

nobody sets foot on your property

and i do mean nobody

picket lines are set up on city property :curtsey:

i bet your one of these hypocrite anti union guys, who has no problem renting the union hall for his stag

chadta
06-17-2009, 02:56 PM
I have......for the same union that did squat for me 2 years later!

how fun was it being out there ? these clowns seem to think its fun being out on the line, its not its a sacrifice, to be better off in the long run.

how long where you out ?

Archer81
06-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Yeah. Its called "food" and I need it to live.

:Broncos:

bfoflcommish
06-17-2009, 03:04 PM
how fun was it being out there ? these clowns seem to think its fun being out on the line, its not its a sacrifice, to be better off in the long run.

how long where you out ?

2 weeks. was it fun no, but i had budgeted and planed and would have been fine for 4weeks or more $$ wise......but better off in the long run HAHAHAfar from it from that standpoint. like i said 2 years later same contract i helped fight for them to get let me go with no fight on my side from them! but hey it kept the union stewards in the office who spend 99% of thier day out of the office on union duties on the "job" i was at 100% of the time.

TailgateNut
06-17-2009, 03:13 PM
nobody sets foot on your property

and i do mean nobody

picket lines are set up on city property :curtsey:

i bet your one of these hypocrite anti union guys, who has no problem renting the union hall for his stag

LOL I'm anti-union because they want more money and benies for their losers than they are worth.

I have plenty of happy employees who are paid well, recieve benefits and share in our profits.

**** the unions.
...and no, I don't rent some ****ty ass union hall for anything.

Spider
06-17-2009, 03:21 PM

Yeah , just like my point about trucking companies letting their trucks get shotty and expecting Drivers to drive them ........... Sooner or later it is going to dawn on these anti union bed wetters that the NFL is union also ..........

Archer81
06-17-2009, 03:24 PM
I dont like Unions, because they are nothing more than a party apparatus of the DNC. They no longer fulfill their original intent. So, F em.

Spider
06-17-2009, 03:32 PM
I dont like Unions, because they are nothing more than a party apparatus of the DNC. They no longer fulfill their original intent. So, F em.

thats nice ............ thanks for sharing

Archer81
06-17-2009, 03:36 PM
thats nice ............ thanks for sharing

Anything you have to join when you become employed, that takes your money in "fees" to donate to a "prounion" politician is not a system I want to be a part of.

Spider
06-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Anything you have to join when you become employed, that takes your money in "fees" to donate to a "prounion" politician is not a system I want to be a part of.

So you have to hate religion also ........... But you get a pay check while being a member of a union ......... And of course Unions are Democrats ........ Havent you paid attention to the last 8 years and where republicans tooks us ?

alkemical
06-17-2009, 04:35 PM

what about companies that spend money on pro biz and antilabor legislation?

chadta
06-17-2009, 05:37 PM
I have plenty of happy employees who are paid well, recieve benefits and share in our profits..

then you are the exception, as i said before there is 2 reasons people join unions bad bosses or lazy workers, i think we all know some of each

and the political thing, well i think im pretty conservative generally, but i believe in collective bargaining, everybody has the right to have a say in working conditions, and for the love of god, if you have a contract honor it.

TexanBob
06-18-2009, 04:48 PM
organized labor = organized crime.

TailgateNut
06-19-2009, 07:53 AM

I will have to wash my mouth after this, but I agree 98%.
:approve:

alkemical
06-19-2009, 08:42 AM

What does that say about companies like enron, you know - ones who steal?

Face it, companies don't want any labor rights because then they won't have to pay anyone.

there's a reason they like 3rd world wages.

You guys act like companies have ethics.

gunns
06-19-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm not going through all these pages but I'm a little confused. Aren't a lot of businesses struggling, freezing pay raises, hiring, etc.? I've never worked for the standard union, our "union" basically just makes sure that personnel policy, firings, were along guidelines. Of course a lot of what we "get" ....benefits, raises.....is determined by the legislature. I guess what I'm trying to say is I know I'm going through a freeze, downsizing, benefit increases in what I have to pay.....and I'm just damn thankful that in this economy with people losing their jobs and struggling to find another, especially one that's comparable in wages....that I have a job. No I probably don't get paid what I should, but those that did are now wondering what the hell happened. I just don't understand not being thankful for what you do have.

Spider
06-19-2009, 09:31 AM
I'm not going through all these pages but I'm a little confused. Aren't a lot of businesses struggling, freezing pay raises, hiring, etc.? I've never worked for the standard union, our "union" basically just makes sure that personnel policy, firings, were along guidelines. Of course a lot of what we "get" ....benefits, raises.....is determined by the legislature. I guess what I'm trying to say is I know I'm going through a freeze, downsizing, benefit increases in what I have to pay.....and I'm just damn thankful that in this economy with people losing their jobs and struggling to find another, especially one that's comparable in wages....that I have a job. No I probably don't get paid what I should, but those that did are now wondering what the hell happened. I just don't understand not being thankful for what you do have.

Unions have a use , probably not in your line of work , But we need more unions in the trucking industry , here is why , It is very common for a dispatcher to call me up and say hey Spider , I am in a jam here , Mike cant make his delivery time , I need to to hot shot this load .....I got one of those 24 hour rush jobs not to long ago , going from Boulder Wy to Creola Alabama, I had to break curfews , violate the hell out of my H.O.S. and do some very creative logging ,And if I dont do this , I get starved out , meaning the dispatcher calls all other drivers first , dont get me wrong I dont take **** off of anyone , but in this economy right now , I do what I got to do .....Not to mention truck safety etc ......