PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question... No BS!

Maximus
06-15-2009, 11:50 PM
With all the BS that has happened since your _ew _oach / GM came to town. How long do you die hards think it will take to replace McDaniels? I have a feeling that Shanahan will be back after this season ends.

lex
06-15-2009, 11:52 PM
With all the BS that has happened since your _ew _oach / GM came to town. How long do you die hards think it will take to replace McDaniels? I have a feeling that Shanahan will be back after this season ends.

I think Bowlen has entrenched himself and wont want to admit he is wrong after one year. He has too much of his own ego tied up in this. On the other hand, if there are economic consequences that relate to the fan base not buying merchandise, tickets, etc., then he might relent. But its more likely that it will be the ego scenario.

UberBroncoMan
06-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Shanahan is gone and he's never coming back... unless it's his son.

SouthStndJunkie
06-15-2009, 11:59 PM
Shanny is not coming back to coach the Broncos.

Reuniting with Cutler may have been a temptation for returning.

Guys like Bowlen and Shanny have massive egos and once they parted ways, they parted ways. There is no way Bowlen would try and get Shanny to return to Denver.

Maximus
06-16-2009, 12:00 AM
I have a feeling... I don't know why. I think he'll be back. The way the firing went down leaves the door open for both to save face because of the misunderstanding factor.

Kaylore
06-16-2009, 12:00 AM
We were so crappy the last three years something had to be done. I'm not convinced "this" was it, but I want to see how the team looks on the field before I have a cow.

Jason in LA
06-16-2009, 12:02 AM
As much as I'd love to see Shanahan come back, it just doesn't work that way.

SouthStndJunkie
06-16-2009, 12:02 AM
I wonder if Bowlen could have looked into a crystal ball and seen what has happened the last few months if he would have:

A: Kept Shanny and worked it out.

B: Fired Shanny and hired someone else besides McDaniels.

C: Still went ahead and hired McDaniels.

Maximus
06-16-2009, 12:05 AM
We were so crappy the last three years something had to be done. I'm not convinced "this" was it, but I want to see how the team looks on the field before I have a cow.

I hear you Kaylore, but how do you replace Marshall, Cutler and front office experience. This stuff isn't even funny... McDaniel reminds me of Kiffin right now.

watermock
06-16-2009, 12:06 AM
Gruden.

Maybe he will draft a franchise QB.

Oops.

The incompetence of Mcdummy is incredible.

Ratboy
06-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Shanahan will not be back. The team he built is no longer here. The future of the Broncos organization was traded to Chicago and our star receiver is about to be traded too.

If some how Mike Shanahan did come back, it would be years and years down the road as a GM of some sort, but do not count on it.

SouthStndJunkie
06-16-2009, 12:09 AM
I could very easily see Shanny coaching the Bears next year.

Jason in LA
06-16-2009, 12:12 AM
I wonder if Bowlen could have looked into a crystal ball and seen what has happened the last few months if he would have:

A: Kept Shanny and worked it out.

B: Fired Shanny and hired someone else besides McDaniels.

C: Still went ahead and hired McDaniels.

I'd say that he'd have to stick with Shanny. Things couldn't have gone worse since firing him. It's just been one bad story after another.

UberBroncoMan
06-16-2009, 12:13 AM

If the offense continues to blow with Cutler there... yeah I'd see it to.

Especially since iono...

SHANAHAN NOT ONLY WENT TO COLLEGE IN ILLINOIS HE WAS BORN RIGHT OUTSIDE OF CHICAGO!

lex
06-16-2009, 12:13 AM

I hear that a lot and Im not ruling it out but I think that its worth pointing out that the Bears owners, the McCaskeys, have a bad reputation of being stingy with money...I can see that being an obstacle for Shanahan. Also, the Bears have a team president and a GM that are fairly significantly involved in the team especially where spending money is concerned. So, you have a franchise that isnt typically willing to spend money (not compared to a lot of teams or what Bears fans would want) and a team thats top heavy with a GM, and team president factoring in heavily above Shanahan. Those are two big differences in looking at what he had in Denver.

BTW, if Urban Meyer leaves UF next year, I can see Shanahan going to Florida. He's good friends with Foley, their AD.

Maximus
06-16-2009, 12:14 AM
Gruden.

Maybe he will draft a franchise QB.

Oops.

The incompetence of Mcdummy is incredible.

I don't see Gruden going to a team without a QB that is considered a franchise QB. He really has a hard time developing that position. Not that Orton is a bad QB. I just think he would rather have a QB that has a higher QB IQ

watermock
06-16-2009, 12:14 AM

He will wait till he gets his money.

He will return in '11.

Hogan11
06-16-2009, 12:22 AM
Shanahan is gone for good, get over it.

footstepsfrom#27
06-16-2009, 02:00 AM
Shanahan won't be back even if Bowlen got down and grovelled in the dirt like a mongrel dog performing for his supper. If Marshall goes I think we'll see several others as well and McD will be faced with a massive rebuilding job...he could still turn it around but if he doesn't, I think Pat hangs in for 3 years if he keeps the team.

maher_tyler
06-16-2009, 02:07 AM

I agree!!

Atwater His Ass
06-16-2009, 02:07 AM
Shanny had his offense set up and was getting ready to make a run with it. Even getting past the political bull**** for him to come back, I can't see him wanting to take over again after he's lost his franchise QB and possibly a top 5 WR. Just wouldn't make sense.

Taco John
06-16-2009, 02:09 AM
Sleep easy Max. Shanahan isn't coming back.

BMarsh615
06-16-2009, 03:12 AM
I don't even think that Shanahan would want to come back. McDaniels let his QB get away.

Meck77
06-16-2009, 03:21 AM
Here is a serious question Max.

What is wrong with Al Davis?

Spider
06-16-2009, 05:56 AM
I think Bowlen has entrenched himself and wont want to admit he is wrong after one year. He has too much of his own ego tied up in this. On the other hand, if there are economic consequences that relate to the fan base not buying merchandise, tickets, etc., then he might relent. But its more likely that it will be the ego scenario.

Drug testing should be done on a more frequent basis with some people ......

Spider
06-16-2009, 05:59 AM
Shanny had his offense set up and was getting ready to make a run with it. Even getting past the political bull**** for him to come back, I can't see him wanting to take over again after he's lost his franchise QB and possibly a top 5 WR. Just wouldn't make sense.

Huh ? we had B. Griese and Jake Plummer for a while there .......
Shannys downfall was Def Cords , Shanny tried to fill the D side , he just didnt do it very well , Dale Carter for example , the only man to shut Randy Moss out of a game , but Carter was defective , same with Ihop etc .......... Naw Shanny could coach any QB into winning , it was defense that he couldnt

cmhargrove
06-16-2009, 07:09 AM
I don't really care for the poll, but Shanahan is gone for good.

McDaniels is playing a bold strategy, and time will tell if it pays off. However, McDaniels should be given at least 2 seasons. Even if we pick top 10 next year (which I don't think we will), the heat will definitely be on, but we have "rebuilt" all phases of this team in one year.

McD gets at least 2 years, Shanny never comes back.

TailgateNut
06-16-2009, 07:39 AM

Eat **** and die FadeFan!:wiggle:

A raiderfan criticizing any team is hilarious.

Now back to your regular programming.

PaintballCLE
06-16-2009, 07:49 AM
what a BS poll..........wheres the option for MCD is the best thing going for us right now. About time we started getting team players and get rid of the whiners!

HILife
06-16-2009, 07:56 AM
I picked the last one because it sounded funny.

rastaman
06-16-2009, 08:08 AM

I could see Shanny, Cutler, and BMarsh reuniting in 2010 in Chi-Town. So long as Shanny leaves the Defense to the experts. Shanny brings the zone blocking to Da Bears could just equal a few SB's in their future. After all, Shanny is from Illinois. The SON returns home.

Gort
06-16-2009, 08:08 AM
Shanny earned his 1-way ticket out of town. the game has passed him by. he may get another HC job somewhere, but he'll never take a team back to the superbowl and he'll have the same problems there that he had here regarding wanting full control of everything and acting like he's the owner instead of the employee. i don't dislike the guy and am happy about the 2 SB victories he earned here, but sometimes, the game changes and the HC doesn't. it's happened to others (Landry, Shula, etc.) and now it's happened to Shanny.

he is not coming back.

rastaman
06-16-2009, 08:13 AM
what a BS poll..........wheres the option for MCD is the best thing going for us right now. About time we started getting team players and get rid of the whiners!

McD the best thing GOING for us......how so? Please explain how an inexperienced 33 year old HC, is the best thing for US!!!

I repeat.....30 something year old HC's do not win and aren't successful in the NFL. McD (if he last or is given another opportunity) won't win as a HC until his middle 40's!!!

Lastly, assistant coaches under Belecheat who have become HC's in the NFL have yet to prove they win......what makes McDaniels any different???

lex
06-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Shanny earned his 1-way ticket out of town. the game has passed him by. he may get another HC job somewhere, but he'll never take a team back to the superbowl and he'll have the same problems there that he had here regarding wanting full control of everything and acting like he's the owner instead of the employee. i don't dislike the guy and am happy about the 2 SB victories he earned here, but sometimes, the game changes and the HC doesn't. it's happened to others (Landry, Shula, etc.) and now it's happened to Shanny.

he is not coming back.

It was moreso personnel decisions and staff decisions he made. His stuff still works. He is still very strong with Xs and Os.

BroncoMan4ever
06-16-2009, 08:46 AM
why are we back on this bull**** again?

people are acting like it is McDaniels fault that Marshall wants more money and that Cutler was a whiny bitch who couldn't handle the business nature of the NFL.

i am not a McDaniels fan at all, but i am willing to give the guy a shot. i mean, jesus christ, he hasn't even coaches a preseason game yet, and so many idiots are already calling this season doomed, and that he will be a failure.

how is it his fault that Marshall wants more money? so many act like he is the 1st player to ever hold out for more money in this league.

How is it his fault that Jay cried his way out of Denver, and finally pushed Bowlen too far and got himself traded? he called Jay and tried to get him back, but Jay was a bitch about it and had made up his mind he wanted out.

people need to get off this bull**** of replacing McDaniels before he has coached a single game. he has set up a really good staff to help him learn his new job, the defense is improving, and regardless of what people think, we are better now than we were at the end of last season.

Smiling Assassin27
06-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Never before have I seen so many so out of touch with reality. McD is our coach. Cutler is gone. That's all, folks. There is nothing out there that would point to Shanahan returning here, even if Denver goes 2-14 in year 1 of McD's reign. Mr. Bowlen has committed to McD and will be fair (more fair than most around here, at least) in giving him the opportunity to sink or swim with is own people. This is a rebuilding project, not a team that is on the verge of superbowl glory, let alone playoff contention. Bronco fans have become either a) so spoiled that they expect a miracle from a sh!t pile and/or b) are unfamiliar with the process of turning over a team and rebuilding a perennial contender. In medical-speak, this is not an appendectomy, it's a triple by-pass. The sooner you get your perspective in order, the sooner we'll see less of these moronic threads.

Lolad
06-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Never before have I seen so many so out of touch with reality. McD is our coach. Cutler is gone. That's all, folks. There is nothing out there that would point to Shanahan returning here, even if Denver goes 2-14 in year 1 of McD's reign. Mr. Bowlen has committed to McD and will be fair (more fair than most around here, at least) in giving him the opportunity to sink or swim with is own people. This is a rebuilding project, not a team that is on the verge of superbowl glory, let alone playoff contention. Bronco fans have become either a) so spoiled that they expect a miracle from a **** pile and/or b) are unfamiliar with the process of turning over a team and rebuilding a perennial contender. In medical-speak, this is not an appendectomy, it's a triple by-pass. The sooner you get your perspective in order, the sooner we'll see less of these moronic threads.

The thing about it. we were a RB and a Defensive draft away from being a Super Bowl contender. All we needed was a middle of the pack defense and a runner in the red zone.

With Cutler being given another year in a system that they JUST INSTALLED LAST YEAR! Domination!!

Now we have question marks., fans like you using the word "rebuilding", "we might go 2-14", "8-8" Don't lie to yourself this franchise has been set back, even in the expectations set on this season. its evident in all McD's fan boys post. You're just looking for "something to build on this year" by year 2-3 we should be in the playoffs. I'm not drinking that ****

Smiling Assassin27
06-16-2009, 09:36 AM
The thing about it. we were a RB and a Defensive draft away from being a Super Bowl contender. All we needed was a middle of the pack defense and a runner in the red zone.

With Cutler being given another year in a system that they JUST INSTALLED LAST YEAR! Domination!!

Now we have question marks., fans like you using the word "rebuilding", "we might go 2-14", "8-8" Don't lie to yourself this franchise has been set back, even in the expectations set on this season. its evident in all McD's fan boys post. You're just looking for "something to build on this year" by year 2-3 we should be in the playoffs. I'm not drinking that ****

i'm sorry, but we had 2 previous 'defensive drafts' and were going backward. shanahan's 'defensive drafts' are historically spotty at best and a disaster at worst (paul toviessi? terry pierce? nick eason? crowder? moss?) and his defensive FA signings were the same (Dale Carter, Sam Adams, Leon Lett, Ihop, et al). There is no way we were getting to the next level with Shanahan continuing his defensive player selection ways. As for a RB being the only thing we need on O, I don't concur. This team was middle of the pack in scoring, which tells me we have a capable offense, but not a contending offense.

The question is whether we want another 8-8 season with the staff and players we have, or do we want a full turnover in which team identity, scheme, personnel change, and coaching staff installs a different culture that's been present in Dove Valley. 8-8 is the same as 2-14--both out of the playoffs. I have no desire to be 9-7 or 8-8 perennially. I'm willing to sacrifice some losing/take a step back in order to build a perennial division contender with eyes on a super bowl.

Gort
06-16-2009, 09:39 AM
It was moreso personnel decisions and staff decisions he made. His stuff still works. He is still very strong with Xs and Os.

i honestly don't think it does anymore. we hadn't seen the full Shanny playbook in years and years because he didn't think he had the players for it. but when will he ever? unless he's got the 16-0 NE Patriots from a couple of years ago, he's always going to have a team with holes in it. his scripting of the first series or two is no longer the novelty that it was. my impression is that Shanny's schemes only worked against poorly coached or inferior teams. if he could get a 2 or 3 TD lead in the 1st half, then he'd then play a ball control game to run out the clock. but if his teams couldn't get that lead, his teams couldn't come back... and his teams couldn't make adjustments at halftime. against well coached teams, with equal or better talent, his Broncos usually got blown out and embarrassed. so yes, i really do think the game has passed him by. i don't see him having success anywhere unless he takes over a very poorly run franchise where an 8-8 record is considered a great leap forward.

alkemical
06-16-2009, 09:51 AM
I don't see Gruden going to a team without a QB that is considered a franchise QB. He really has a hard time developing that position. Not that Orton is a bad QB. I just think he would rather have a QB that has a higher QB IQ

He does seem to do well with old veteran qb's though. He did good well with gannon and he did alright with brad johnson.

Crushaholic
06-16-2009, 09:56 AM
A. Shanahan is not coming back

B. I have faith McDaniels will do just fine as a head coach. He wants "his guys" on the team. There's nothing wrong with that, as he has to coach them.

Odysseus
06-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Shanahan is not coming back. Bowlen is not inviting him. Raiders still suck but we are becoming very Raideresque in how we manage things.