PDA

View Full Version : Buying the Broncos?

TheReverend
06-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Could the collective Orangemane do this?

Here's the scenario:
If you could become part owner of the Denver Broncos (basically purchasing shares, and in turn, taking part of revenue sharing at the end of each fiscal year), how much would/could you purchase?

What I'd like you to do, is to PM me the amount (only serious PMs please). Discretion and anonymity will be kept, and after a week of exposure, I'll tally the results and see what we've managed to come up with. If we end up with a ****load of money, who knows? :)

Broncoman13
06-15-2009, 09:09 PM
See, I knew somebody would be stupid enough to start a "lets throw our money together" thread... I just didn't think it would be somebody I liked. One thing is certain, you just saved some dumbass an embarrassing thread.

Truly, the is one Fcked off season.

TheReverend
06-15-2009, 09:10 PM
See, I knew somebody would be stupid enough to start a "lets throw our money together" thread... I just didn't think it would be somebody I liked. One thing is certain, you just saved some dumbass an embarrassing thread.

Truly, the is one Fcked off season.

:rofl:

Curiosity will always kill the cat

Edit: I'll file your reply under the "I'm broke" category, thanks.

Meck77
06-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Lol...It's hard enough owning property around there let alone the Broncos.

Sign me up for a couple shares.:peace:

Popcorn Sutton
06-15-2009, 09:41 PM
I have a few Jay Cutler jerseys I could pitch in...

TheReverend
06-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Sadly, the Edgar Kaiser sale stipulation has come to my attention.

We'll have to wait for an expansion team.

SouthStndJunkie
06-15-2009, 09:50 PM

Maybe we can work a deal with Uncle Edgar to be a figurehead.

Pat Bowlen
06-15-2009, 09:51 PM
If we end up with a ****load of money, who knows?
Me?

TheReverend
06-15-2009, 09:56 PM
Maybe we can work a deal with Uncle Edgar to be a figurehead.

Mother's maiden name is Kaiser. Might be related.

Brb, checking genealogy before weaseling into will and testament.

UberBroncoMan
06-15-2009, 11:15 PM
Who's going to organize the bake off?

I've been informed that BOB will be setting up a kissing booth to help us out.

SoCalBronco
06-15-2009, 11:26 PM

I'm sure we'll hit a billion in no time. ;D

TDmvp
06-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Who's going to organize the bake off?

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1856/bobballs.jpg

any reason to use this pic again is a good reason ... Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious!

Miss I.
06-15-2009, 11:31 PM
I'm sure we'll hit a billion in no time. ;D

Yeah, only if you are serving McDonald's with it and even then I am not so sure, if that kissing Bob thing is required it might put people off.:)

Beantown Bronco
06-16-2009, 06:24 AM

Bowlen's lawyers could figure out a way around that.........again.

Broncoman13
06-16-2009, 06:33 AM
:rofl:

Curiosity will always kill the cat

Edit: I'll file your reply under the "I'm broke" category, thanks.

Three kids, three different sports, a sister getting married in August and a "all things sports" addiction... yeah, it's pretty safe to file me under the "broke ass" category. ;)

bronco_boi_5280
06-16-2009, 06:36 AM
It wouldn't cost that much to buy the Broncos from Bowlen.

How much is a fifth of tequilla these days? He is a gutless drunk, after all.

TailgateNut
06-16-2009, 07:41 AM

Here's the scenario:
If you could become part owner of the Denver Broncos (basically purchasing shares, and in turn, taking part of revenue sharing at the end of each fiscal year), how much would/could you purchase?

What I'd like you to do, is to PM me the amount (only serious PMs please). Discretion and anonymity will be kept, and after a week of exposure, I'll tally the results and see what we've managed to come up with. If we end up with a ****load of money, who knows? :)

I'll buy just enough to have the right to kick the **** out of those season ticket holders who sell to opposing fans. ;)

Beantown Bronco
06-16-2009, 07:52 AM
I'll buy just enough to have the right to kick the **** out of those season ticket holders who sell to opposing fans. ;)

I was literally just thinking about this the other day. Imagine being the owner of the Broncos for a second. If I was the owner, one of my first public policy announcements would go something like this:

"No selling your tickets to opposing fans. There will be individuals making the rounds taking note of any opposing jerseys, terrible towels, etc. in the stands during every regular season and post season game from here on out. The holders of the rights to any of these "flagged" seats will immediately receive a letter in the mail on Tuesday morning informing them of the infraction. First time equals a warning; second equals loss of season tickets."

Aside from the tickets specifically allocated to the visiting team and their families, as required by the NFL, there will be no opposing fans visible in the stadium at any time. Granted, it's fun to heckle opposing fans.....but that fun gets outweighed by the heartache any time I see a team like the Steelers in town, a team that has fans that travel especially well.

I wonder how that would go over with the fanbase.

TailgateNut
06-16-2009, 08:15 AM
I was literally just thinking about this the other day. Imagine being the owner of the Broncos for a second. If I was the owner, one of my first public policy announcements would go something like this:

"No selling your tickets to opposing fans. There will be individuals making the rounds taking note of any opposing jerseys, terrible towels, etc. in the stands during every regular season and post season game from here on out. The holders of the rights to any of these "flagged" seats will immediately receive a letter in the mail on Tuesday morning informing them of the infraction. First time equals a warning; second equals loss of season tickets."

Aside from the tickets specifically allocated to the visiting team and their families, as required by the NFL, there will be no opposing fans visible in the stadium at any time. Granted, it's fun to heckle opposing fans.....but that fun gets outweighed by the heartache any time I see a team like the Steelers in town, a team that has fans that travel especially well.

I wonder how that would go over with the fanbase.

I think the opposing fans occupying seats should be waterboarded to reveal the identity of the seller.!Booya!

Arkie
06-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Team Value ≈ $1.1 bil
Bowlen bought them in 1984 for $78 mil.

These stats are already slightly outdated.

According to Forbes (Oct '08), Pat has made a 52% annualized gain. That's a 1310% return overall on his investment. Not too shabby. I doubt Pat would sell them for 1.1 bil, but let's say he decided to sell them for 2 bil. We only need 2 million Orange Maners to put in $1,000 each. No problem. :)

Beantown Bronco
06-16-2009, 08:21 AM
I think the opposing fans occupying seats should be waterboarded to reveal the identity of the seller.!Booya!

Seriously.

My idea would also severely cripple the business of scalping. You better be damn sure you're selling to a local fan.

broncofan2438
06-16-2009, 08:23 AM
I have a few Jay Cutler jerseys I could pitch in...

Me to...how much are they worth? $6

TailgateNut
06-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Seriously.

My idea would also severely cripple the business of scalping. You better be damn sure you're selling to a local fan.

That has always been a "pet peeve" of mine. Ask BroncoCaliJohn.:wave:

broncofan2438
06-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Team Value ≈ $1.1 bil

According to Forbes (Oct '08), Pat has made a 52% annualized gain. That's a 1310% return overall on his investment. Not too shabby. I doubt Pat would sell them for 1.1 bil, but let's say he decided to sell them for 2 bil. We only need 2 million Orange Maners to put in $1,000 each. No problem. :)

Perfect.....I'll just need to borrow $20, and I should have $1.1 bil

HILife
06-16-2009, 08:27 AM
Me?

Mr. Bowlen, how much will it take to take this team off your hands? I'm pretty sure not to much for the "gutless drunk."

HILife
06-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Team Value ≈ $1.1 bil

Are there even 2 million Broncos fans?

Arkie
06-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Are there even 2 million Broncos fans?

Maybe we can get the top 100 posters on Orange Mane to put in $20 mil each. That should cover it. ^5

SureShot
06-16-2009, 09:15 AM
We could whore ourselves out to 40,000,000 fat chicks for 50 bucks apiece, or 2,000,000 really fat chicks for 1,000 bucks apiece.

Dont look at me like that fat chicks need love too, but they gotta pay.

gyldenlove
06-16-2009, 09:45 AM
I am going to predict that we will be very far from being able to buy the team, or even a significant part ownership.

I like the thought though.

MileHighMagic
06-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Team Value ≈ $1.1 bil

Pshhhh! I piss 2 billion. Get that drunk on the horn so we can knock out the minor details.

bombquixote
06-16-2009, 10:24 AM
How many shares will ten dolla get me?

TheReverend
06-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Well, if it was last valued at 1.1 billion, and Pat has roughly a 30% stake in that portion, and his family owns the remainder but has no interest in running the team, we need to seize a majority share.

Keep in mind the economy is in crap, along with credit institutions. As insulated as football is to this, it'll be a while before someone is able to purchase cash.

I figure a 900 million bid for the entire franchise couldn't be refused, but for sentimental value they'd probably want to keep at least a minority chunk.

So, really, we're looking at 450-500 million for a majority stake and controlling interest.

Selling shares for profit sharing for 10k a piece to fans until we raise over 10% of that amount isn't particularly unrealistic. At that point, presenting the business plan and any forward looking direction to wealthier investors becomes more realistic. Especially in a market where hedge funds have been massacred over the past year.

But screw it.

Mountain Bronco
06-16-2009, 12:43 PM
With the amount of time people spend on this board I doubt anyone has much $$$$$ myself included.

Could we do polls to decide on draft picks, trades etc...

Miss I.
06-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Well, if it was last valued at 1.1 billion, and Pat has roughly a 30% stake in that portion, and his family owns the remainder but has no interest in running the team, we need to seize a majority share.

Keep in mind the economy is in crap, along with credit institutions. As insulated as football is to this, it'll be a while before someone is able to purchase cash.

I figure a 900 million bid for the entire franchise couldn't be refused, but for sentimental value they'd probably want to keep at least a minority chunk.

So, really, we're looking at 450-500 million for a majority stake and controlling interest.

Selling shares for profit sharing for 10k a piece to fans until we raise over 10% of that amount isn't particularly unrealistic. At that point, presenting the business plan and any forward looking direction to wealthier investors becomes more realistic. Especially in a market where hedge funds have been massacred over the past year.

But screw it.

well that would be interesting...now out of curiosity...my knowledge is limited on this, but aren't the Packers owned by the city? Is there a way to work that angle in Denver outside of direct fan purchase?

TheReverend
06-16-2009, 12:58 PM
well that would be interesting...now out of curiosity...my knowledge is limited on this, but aren't the Packers owned by the city? Is there a way to work that angle in Denver outside of direct fan purchase?

Sort of, but that's pretty damn silly on the whole. There's over 100,000 share holders, and it's more for a sense of community (it's "non-profit") than actually owning a piece of the company. They dilute the **** out of the franchise at whim for capital upgrades or some new branch to their gay little museum.

Meanwhile, they "elect" a chairman who acts as their owner really and pay the **** out of him.

So in essence, I suppose it's nearly exactly what I want to try and rube you fools into. Naturally, I would be chairman. But we wouldn't pretend we're a "non-profit" and profit sharing would certainly exist.

broncosteven
06-16-2009, 01:02 PM

Here's the scenario:

Did BroncoBuff PM you to start another OM fund drive?

Miss I.
06-16-2009, 01:03 PM
^5 [QUOTE=TheReverend;2446826]Sort of, but that's pretty damn silly on the whole. There's over 100,000 share holders, and it's more for a sense of community (it's "non-profit") than actually owning a piece of the company. They dilute the **** out of the franchise at whim for capital upgrades or some new branch to their gay little museum.

^5
Naturally you would be Chairman? Sorry jack, but there was only one and Frank has already joined the Big choir in well the sky I suppose...

Well, you let me know when you get this pyramid scheme underway and see how many rubesinvesting my only vaguely hard earned money for the future children I will neve you can con into it until we go from a pyramid to a rubes cube..then I will consider investing my future never to have children's college funds in it...

go Broncos;)