PDA

View Full Version : Is the Marshall trade demand news the 1st straw or last straw?

broncosteven
06-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Or are you still waiting to see what McStalin will do with the team in a real game?

After all Kyle Orton was just named our starter...

footstepsfrom#27
06-15-2009, 06:37 PM
I expect to see more players asking to jump ship with trade demands. It's pretty obvious this guy's in over his head at this point. Maybe he'll figure it out at some point, but right now this team under his leadership looks like it's a straight dive with engines on fire.

tsiguy96
06-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Or are you still waiting to see what McStalin will do with the team in a real game?

of course everyone should wait to see how the team looks in a real game. if they do awesome this year (9-7, 10-6) what are you gonna say? "it wasnt good enough"?

if they suck then yea, there will prolly be more than a few reasons for it (last year for us: defensive 3rd down stops, red zone inefficiency), and it may not necessarily be the fault of kyle orton. however keep in midn everything is not fixable in a single year so mayyybe he will improve in two years.

UberBroncoMan
06-15-2009, 06:38 PM
In all honesty Marshall has absolutly NO power in this situation. However he's seen weakness in the Denver Broncos FO due to the Cutler trade. Cutler got his way, so now Marshall thinks if Cutler can do it so can I. Marshall comes off as worried he's going to **** up this coming year which is why he wants money now. If he was certain that he was going to behave and be productive then $2.2 million this year + a massive contract next year isn't too much to worry about. Marshall just comes off as greedy and insecure... the kid's only 25... (he'll be 25 the entire season)... he's not a vet on his last contract.

Anyhow I'm just waiting to see Casey retire or threaten to holdout. It's clear now that the FO isn't in control of its own team.

As for how our team will be run in game I expect percision and heavy accountability. Now if we will have the talent to actually get anywhere against our competition this year is another matter.

TheReverend
06-15-2009, 06:46 PM
of course everyone should wait to see how the team looks in a real game. if they do awesome this year (9-7, 10-6) what are you gonna say? "it wasnt good enough"?

if they suck then yea, there will prolly be more than a few reasons for it (last year for us: defensive 3rd down stops, red zone inefficiency), and it may not necessarily be the fault of kyle orton. however keep in midn everything is not fixable in a single year so mayyybe he will improve in two years.

If he manages to go 9-7 or 10-6, imagine what he could've done with talented players :spit:

Broncoman13
06-15-2009, 06:53 PM
In all honesty Marshall has absolutly NO power in this situation. However he's seen weakness in the Denver Broncos FO due to the Cutler trade. Cutler got his way, so now Marshall thinks if Cutler can do it so can I. Marshall comes off as worried he's going to **** up this coming year which is why he wants money now. If he was certain that he was going to behave and be productive then $2.2 million this year + a massive contract next year isn't too much to worry about. Marshall just comes off as greedy and insecure... the kid's only 25... (he'll be 25 the entire season)... he's not a vet on his last contract.

Anyhow I'm just waiting to see Casey retire or threaten to holdout. It's clear now that the FO isn't in control of its own team.

As for how our team will be run in game I expect percision and heavy accountability. Now if we will have the talent to actually get anywhere against our competition this year is another matter.

Marshall has a ton of leverage here. The Broncos are still wearing plenty of egg from the Cutler fiasco. The last thing Pat Bowlen wants right now is to lose his #3 star player (Cutler #1, Champ being #2). He's already sweating bullets about putting butts in the seats. There is a huge concern in Dove Valley right now. If Marshall pushes his way out, I would be shocked if we didn't find a way to get our own big name back in town at receiver. Boldin, Edwards, and Ocho Stinko amongst the top candidates.

Also, don't be surprised to hear a thing or two in the coming days about Julius Peppers. The Panthers would love to give Delhomme that 2nd option and Marshall would be an excellent compliment to Steve Smith, or vice versa... whatever. Steve Smith and Eddie Royal are very similar with Smith being a stronger receiver at this point and Royal having Steve Smith like potential. Would certainly help with that McBean issue we are having on our DLine.

rastaman
06-15-2009, 07:19 PM

Marshall has more leverage than you think! Also, BMarsh took a look at Orton as his QB....and said you "Got to be Kidding Me"! He knows Orton will get him the ball erratically and possible get him killed leading him over the middle with his wobble noodle arm passes!!!........So BMarsh figures, he's on a team thats rebuilding, his stats will suffer b/c Simms an Orton are inferior QB's, so why not try to get PAID NOW!

That Bull-shiiiit mantra "He's under contract" screw him......won't work this time; just like it didn't work when it came to Cutler!!!! You mark my words.

Marshall will be an absolute cancer and disrupter all season long and into the off-season next year. Some things just weren't meant to be...."As in" Cutler and BMarsh were not meant to be life long Broncos.....plain and simple!!!

You can bet BMarsh and Cutler are talking on the phone and emailing as we speak! Hell, next we will hear reports that "Bmarsh" flew up to Chi-town to clear his head share his problems with the ONLY Franchise QB he's ever known! Boy imagine how much fun the NFL network will have with that. :giggle:

If BMarsh doesn't get a new contract commiserate with the top 5-10 WRs in the league! Oh boy start the drama. Bmarsh won't run crisp passing routes (he'll blame his hip), Bmarsh won't try and break tackles for extra yards after the catch! suddenly Brandon will have hands of stone and drop passes, and he'll get into Orton's face during games for throwing him ****tty passes.

Now who wants that type of drama......I don't think Napoleon McDaniel is prepared for this.

TRADE THE BROTHA OR PAY THE BROTHA!!!! :wiggle:

Popcorn Sutton
06-15-2009, 07:44 PM
I expect to see more players asking to jump ship with trade demands. It's pretty obvious this guy's in over his head at this point. Maybe he'll figure it out at some point, but right now this team under his leadership looks like it's a straight dive with engines on fire.

This is by no way in defense of McDaniels but don't you think this is merely about money and it wouldn't matter who was the coach of this team? I'm pretty sure the same situation would be happening if Shanahan was still the coach. This really is a piss poor time to be demanding a huge raise. He recently was cleared by the league and still has a pending court case. I guess the Broncos could work some sort of clause into the contract to protect against Marshall's inevitable indiscretions; but how much money would have to be guaranteed?

DenverBrit
06-15-2009, 07:49 PM
If BMarsh doesn't get a new contract commiserate with the top 5-10 WRs in the league! Oh boy start the drama. Bmarsh won't run crisp passing routes (he'll blame his hip), Bmarsh won't try and break tackles for extra yards after the catch! suddenly Brandon will have hands of stone and drop passes, and he'll get into Orton's face during games for throwing him ****tty passes.

Great way to make himself worthless at the negotiating table.

Popps
06-15-2009, 07:51 PM

Yea, it'll be interesting to see what a QB with a winning record does now that Cutler is gone.

DenverBrit
06-15-2009, 07:52 PM
This is by no way in defense of McDaniels but don't you think this is merely about money and it wouldn't matter who was the coach of this team? I'm pretty sure the same situation would be happening if Shanahan was still the coach. This really is a piss poor time to be demanding a huge raise. He recently was cleared by the league and still has a pending court case. I guess the Broncos could work some sort of clause into the contract to protect against Marshall's inevitable indiscretions; but how much money would have to be guaranteed?

Anywhere between 8 and 10 $mill a year.....and a very fat signing bonus.

Seriously, would anyone here give him that money when he can't pass a physical, has potential suspensions on the horizon and is a serial woman beater?

He has some work to do.

OBF1
06-15-2009, 08:02 PM
With all this biotching you girls are doing, why not just move the team to Los Angeles so you guys do not have such a crappy team to give **** to all the damn time. Just cheer for your nuggets.

watermock
06-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Marshall has a ton of leverage here. The Broncos are still wearing plenty of egg from the Cutler fiasco. The last thing Pat Bowlen wants right now is to lose his #3 star player (Cutler #1, Champ being #2). He's already sweating bullets about putting butts in the seats. There is a huge concern in Dove Valley right now. If Marshall pushes his way out, I would be shocked if we didn't find a way to get our own big name back in town at receiver. Boldin, Edwards, and Ocho Stinko amongst the top candidates.

Also, don't be surprised to hear a thing or two in the coming days about Julius Peppers. The Panthers would love to give Delhomme that 2nd option and Marshall would be an excellent compliment to Steve Smith, or vice versa... whatever. Steve Smith and Eddie Royal are very similar with Smith being a stronger receiver at this point and Royal having Steve Smith like potential. Would certainly help with that McBean issue we are having on our DLine.

Wishfull thinking at this point.

TonyR
06-15-2009, 08:15 PM
It's pretty obvious this guy's in over his head at this point.

So the coach of every team that has a player who wants a new deal is "in over his head"? That would be a lot of coaches! Why do you want so badly for this to be about McD? Because it isn't. And where did your logic and reason go? And why are there so many drama queens around here lately? And why do we drive on a parkway but park on a driveway?

watermock
06-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Yea, it'll be interesting to see what a QB with a winning record does now that Cutler is gone.

Neither can I.

One of us is in for a big surprise.

TheReverend
06-15-2009, 08:19 PM

One that was pulled immediately when Rex got healthy again.

Benched 2 seasons behind both Rex and Griese.

"Won" the job because there wasn't **** else on the team last year.

Had his OC publicly acknowledge they were cutting him had they not managed to trade him to Denver.

But, yeah, he's a "winning quarterback". ^5

watermock
06-15-2009, 08:21 PM
So the coach of every team that has a player who wants a new deal is "in over his head"? That would be a lot of coaches! Why do you want so badly for this to be about McD? Because it isn't. And where did your logic and reason go? And why are there so many drama queens around here lately? And why do we drive on a parkway but park on a driveway?

Umm, isn't this the X-Man's job?

Remember when Bowlen stated he gave too much to the coach and needed a strong GM? Then allowed Mcdummy to coup the GM position and demand the Cutler trade?

Jesus, buy a vowel.

TonyR
06-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Umm, isn't this the X-Man's job?

"X-Man's job": "Brandon, when you're healthy enough to get back on the field, and after your trial is over, we'll be happy to sit down and get you signed to a new contract. Until that time we expect you to participate in all team activities."

Broncojef
06-15-2009, 08:26 PM
I say clear the roster til we have no more whiney bitches. Marshall is the typical drama queen WR with tons of talent and is a headcase to deal with. Matter of time until his next antic and suspension. If we are cleaning house I have no issue in letting him go if the price is right, of course I'm happy Cutler is gone to...

footstepsfrom#27
06-15-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm looking at this from the standpoint that this has been the most tumultuous offseason in Bronco history and it could have been avoided. A few months after McDaniels gets here and we're now looking at sending our 2nd pro bowl caliber player leaving, and if early indications are correct, we may lose Wiegman also. Certainly they seem unwilling to take even the most basic step of upping his puny $1.45 million contract...one meant for a backup and an increase Bowlen promised him before McDaniels came on board. Why is this even an issue? Why didn't the team take care of him before we even got to this point?

Adding up the entire offseason...yes, at this point it really does appear he's overmatched. Keep in mind we are only mid-June...we may see other problems develop between now and the first game.

Popcorn Sutton
06-15-2009, 08:33 PM

Had his OC publicly acknowledge they were cutting him had they not managed to trade him to Denver.

Sorry, I may have missed it but ... you gotta link?

rastaman
06-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Great way to make himself worthless at the negotiating table.

Point is it may be difficult to tell whether he's taking plays off or his hip hasn't full healed. Point is, someone is going to pay for BMarsh's services....plain and simple.

watermock
06-15-2009, 08:37 PM

Career Stats more
Season Team Passing Rushing Fumbles
G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
2008 Chicago Bears 15 15 272 465 58.5 2,972 6.4 18 12 27 160 79.6 24 49 2.0 3 6 5
2007 Chicago Bears 3 3 43 80 53.8 478 6.0 3 2 2 12 73.9 5 -1 -0.2 0 2 0
2006 Chicago Bears 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- --
2005 Chicago Bears 15 15 190 368 51.6 1,869 5.1 9 13 30 190 59.7 24 44 1.8 0 12 5
TOTAL 505 913 55.3 5,319 5.8 30 27 59 362 71.1 53 92 1.7 3 20 10

jesus

theAPAOps5
06-15-2009, 08:43 PM
This would happen with Shanny at the helm. Feel free to blame McD as its the easy way to go but this is all on Headcase Marshall. He wants to get paid regardless of who is coach.

watermock
06-15-2009, 08:45 PM
I say clear the roster til we have no more whiney b****es. Marshall is the typical drama queen WR with tons of talent and is a headcase to deal with. Matter of time until his next antic and suspension. If we are cleaning house I have no issue in letting him go if the price is right, of course I'm happy Cutler is gone to...

Just like Kobe when he demanded to be traded after he was accused of rape??

rastaman
06-15-2009, 08:52 PM
This would happen with Shanny at the helm. Feel free to blame McD as its the easy way to go but this is all on Headcase Marshall. He wants to get paid regardless of who is coach.

Well the NFL stands for "NOT FOR LONG"! So as a player playing a violent sport, your career could be over on a single play and with contracts not guaranteed.....players need to get paid as soon as possible.

ScottXray
06-15-2009, 08:53 PM
If Marshall wants to be paid like the #1 receiver in the NFL then he's not worth it.

He runs inconsistent routes, makes a lot of YAC, and got Cutler picked a couple of times last year because he wasn't in his route, as well as dropping the ball and getting careless with it a few times as well after the catch.

The # one NFL receiver doesn't have issues with the police, beat women, have pending suspensions that might cost him 8 games or more, and have
issues getting on the field because of recovery from surgery. He also doesn't make stupid moves (or have to be stopped from doing so by teammates) during the game.

BM is a great talent, but right now he might have trouble passing a physical, as well as all the other issues he's got.

Tell him to sit down and shutup until his hearings are over.

If he doesn't show for Camp, fine him huge every day until he realises we aren't letting him go and he won't get paid much this year if he keeps holding out. Don't cut him, don't trade him. If he finally plays and is dogging it , he only hurts himself in trade and contract value. If he REALLY dogs it put him on the bench, and give Royal a big contract.

Carrot or stick Brandon? You choose.

watermock
06-15-2009, 08:54 PM
say clear the roster til we have no more whiney b****es.

Like who? Champ, making 11 million? Dawkins, making 9? They're not biatching. Simms? He's making more than cutler.

outdoor_miner
06-15-2009, 08:55 PM
The resolutions to these Marshall and Wiegmann situations are going to go a long way to how I feel about this offseason. I've been on-board with McD throughout both the Cutler fiasco and the draft. I think Cutler's trade was driven mostly by Cutler and Cook. Yes, they took advantage of an inexperience FO. However, I think Cutler lied, cheated, and stole his way out of town. Sure, he ultimately "won" and was traded to his childhood team, but he's a world class d-bag frat boy wussy. After this situation, I am happy not to have to root for him. We may live to regret the trade, but I really believe Cutler was at fault.

The draft - whatever. We have no idea. If Smith turns into a 1st round type player (borderline Pro-Bowler), it is a genius move. Every team always wants to move down come draft time, but nobody can do it. If we can get a great player for 2nd round money, it's a great move. Time will tell.

All the other stuff people are bitching about (Paxton/Leach, the running backs, etc.) - that's just negative people wanting to have something to bitch about. You can always find something if you look hard enough, and many on this board are constantly looking. Every single team makes these types of decisions every year, and some of the fans find fault with it. Eff em.

But this Marshall situation (and to a lesser extent Wiegmann)... There are really only 2 scenarios that will result in me not losing faith in McD/Xanders FO abilities:

1. Marshall is on the field and playing at the start of the season
or
2. We receive a player who can contribute on opening day of equal value in return (ie. Peppers, Boldin, etc.).

If either 1 or 2 does not happen (such as Marshall sitting out or us trading him for draft picks), it will be an unqualified disaster. You can not lose your two best offensive skill players in a single offseason and not be held accountable. It does not matter who did what. It just doesn't matter. The FO are ultimately responsible for player relationships... They need to make this work. They need to do it for the fan. I also believe that they are "responsible" for the Cutler situation, but it was so unique. The whole thing just blew up so quickly, and I really believe that Bowlen ultimately made the call to ship Cutler out. With Marshall, it is too much for the fans to handle. The FO needs to solve it.

Same with Wiegmann. Again, he needs to be playing at the start of the season. It does not matter how... It just needs to happen. He is not that expensive. He is a solid "citizen" and a pro. If you can't make it happen with a guy like Wiegmann (given all the other **** that has happened), there is something seriously wrong.

With that being said... I'm not demanding instant resolution. These are complicated situations, and we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. However, if either one of these does not work out long-term, I will officially be on board the "McDaniels has too much power and is in over his head as GM" brigade (along with a guy like BroncoBuff). If they work these problems out - and I think they will - I will not have a problem with the offseason.

OBF1
06-15-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm looking at this from the standpoint that this has been the most tumultuous offseason in Bronco history and it could have been avoided. A few months after McDaniels gets here and we're now looking at sending our 2nd pro bowl caliber player leaving, and if early indications are correct, we may lose Wiegman also. Certainly they seem unwilling to take even the most basic step of upping his puny $1.45 million contract...one meant for a backup and an increase Bowlen promised him before McDaniels came on board. Why is this even an issue? Why didn't the team take care of him before we even got to this point?

Adding up the entire offseason...yes, at this point it really does appear he's overmatched. Keep in mind we are only mid-June...we may see other problems develop between now and the first game.

God damn I am so tired of you acting like a spoiled 5 year old beauty queen.

BOTTOM like biotch,... McDaniels does not write the check for the players, The front office does. Either shoot McDaniels yourself (man up) or shut the **** up.

Enough already

watermock
06-15-2009, 09:01 PM
If Marshall wants to be paid like the #1 receiver in the NFL then he's not worth it.

He runs inconsistent routes, makes a lot of YAC, and got Cutler picked a couple of times last year because he wasn't in his route, as well as dropping the ball and getting careless with it a few times as well after the catch.

The # one NFL receiver doesn't have issues with the police, beat women, have pending suspensions that might cost him 8 games or more, and have
issues getting on the field because of recovery from surgery. He also doesn't make stupid moves (or have to be stopped from doing so by teammates) during the game.

BM is a great talent, but right now he might have trouble passing a physical, as well as all the other issues he's got.

If he doesn't show for Camp, fine him huge every day until he realises we aren't letting him go and he won't get paid much this year if he keeps holding out. Don't cut him, don't trade him. If he finally plays and is dogging it , he only hurts himself in trade and contract value. If he REALLY dogs it put him on the bench, and give Royal a big contract.

Do you know what he was offered?

Evidently enough to pack his bags. He'll be traded and carry out his contract. He's done in Denver.

rastaman
06-15-2009, 09:03 PM

Hah.....not that easy. After how BMarsh has preceived he's been treated, he will be a distracting head case at best. You add in should he loose confidence in Orton, believe me, BMarsh will play hard enough not to get injured. Meaning, he won't bust his azz to break tackles after the catch, he'll simple go down easy to protect his body--screw the team; and he dam sure won't put it all online just to catch Orton's erratic passes. Brandon will get paid his full salary even if he's on the bench!

By the way, teams already know how talented BMarsh has become. Just b/c he plays lousy for Denver doesn't mean he will do the same for another team that wants to pay him the big bucks.

rastaman
06-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Do you know what he was offered?

Evidently enough to pack his bags. He'll be traded and carry out his contract. He's done in Denver.

Dam...when will the madness all end????

watermock
06-15-2009, 09:20 PM

BOTTOM like biotch,... McDaniels does not write the check for the players, The front office does. Either shoot McDaniels yourself (man up) or shut the **** up.

Enough already

Bottom line is we don't have a GM.

Exactly what Bowlen said would not happen again, but he DOESN'T want to be GM.

broncswin
06-15-2009, 09:31 PM
If he manages to go 9-7 or 10-6, imagine what he could've done with talented players :spit:

Ya because they were so great under shanny, come on rev these guys are about themselves. You are so worried about the side you took, that you are defending a spoiled punk as$ QB and a WR that has been in the negative spot light more than Ray Lewis!!

kamakazi_kal
06-15-2009, 09:32 PM
man, it just feels like were just ready to scrap this season before it starts.

Nothing overly postive has happened.

I've never been so ready to watch some preseason .... that will mean the roster is locked and we wont be shopping eddie royal or champ for a draft pick.

TheReverend
06-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Ya because they were so great under shanny, come on rev these guys are about themselves. You are so worried about the side you took, that you are defending a spoiled punk as$ QB and a WR that has been in the negative spot light more than Ray Lewis!!

Sorry, man.

I'm defending them because I think they're right.

Cutler didn't star it, but he finished it and got everything he wanted to a T. I admire that.

I've been saying they should get Marshall extended since early last season. Another 100+ catch performance behind him, and now it's even more expensive. The guy deserves to get paid.

broncswin
06-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Not much too say if you agree that a winny little Multi-millionaire won with the childish antics he used.

How would Marsh have been treated back in the superbowl days with his off the field issues. When we were winning, would you have said he deserved this contract?? Of course you'll say yes, but really...

broncswin
06-15-2009, 10:20 PM
I like you rev, and you've got some good insight so don't take what I say personal!! Just disagree on these issues

TheReverend
06-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Not much too say if you agree that a winny little Multi-millionaire won with the childish antics he used.

How would Marsh have been treated back in the superbowl days with his off the field issues. When we were winning, would you have said he deserved this contract?? Of course you'll say yes, but really...

What's more childish? The 25 yr old professional athlete being stubborn, or the 70+ yr old owner stomping his foot?

With his off field issues? Brandon hasn't even been CHARGED with anything. Rod Smith, was charged and convicted of more serious domestic abuse allegations. So, I think Brandon would've been treated fine in the Tagliabue era.

I like you rev, and you've got some good insight so don't take what I say personal!! Just disagree on these issues

You're talking to a guy who didn't take his divorce personal. Don't worry about it.

footstepsfrom#27
06-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27

Enough already
It's pretty clear to anyone that the common denominator here is the new coach, not the front office, though apparently the coaching change has resulted in a philosophical change by Bowlen as well. The post you resulted to your hissy fit over is both reasonable and measured.

Popps
06-15-2009, 10:42 PM
It's pretty clear to anyone that the common denominator here is the new coach, not the front office, though apparently the coaching change has resulted in a philosophical change by Bowlen as well.

:spit:

One bitch demanding to be traded and another holding out (very routinely) for more money means we've had a philosophical change?

Funny.

Then again, let's hope you're right. Maybe ****ty defense, ****ty conditioning and ****ty free agency moves are philosophies we should get away from.

Yea, I'm really going to miss the days of the worst defense in the league being addressed by signing Boss Bailey.

BroncoMan4ever
06-15-2009, 10:45 PM

yeah, because Marshall asking for more money is McD's fault. Jay being a whiny little bitch was McD's fault.

you really have no clue as to what is going on with the team, or you are just one of those fans who needs to find something to bitch about.

Popps
06-15-2009, 10:51 PM
yeah, because Marshall asking for more money is McD's fault. Jay being a whiny little b**** was McD's fault.

you really have no clue as to what is going on with the team, or you are just one of those fans who needs to find something to b**** about.

By the way... has anyone heard Marshall say one disparaging thing about the staff?

It's a money issue.

Cutler was just a girly-man.

Marshall wants to get paid. He's not talking about hurt feelings or how he could throw the ball faster than Elway. He just wants a contract. That's normal football biz.

Again, Brandon was very vocal about supporting the new staff and sounded to be completely bought into the team concept McDaniels is pushing. There hasn't been one single hint that this is a personality issue. It's a $$$ issue.

VERY different from Cutler's situation.

footstepsfrom#27
06-15-2009, 11:01 PM
:spit:

One b**** demanding to be traded and another holding out (very routinely) for more money means we've had a philosophical change?

Funny.

Then again, let's hope you're right. Maybe ****ty defense, ****ty conditioning and ****ty free agency moves are philosophies we should get away from.

Yea, I'm really going to miss the days of the worst defense in the league being addressed by signing Boss Bailey.
None of that has anything to do with what I was talking about.

I'm referring to the philosophical change that appears to be taking shape with regards to player/management relationships. I notice you excluded the developing Wiegmann story from your summary...one that while lower in profile, may just be the most disturbing. Here you have a guy aknoledged as a team leader, holder of the most consecutive games played by an offensive linemen in the NFL, a pro bowl performer signed for peanuts last year to back up Tom Nalen...another guy definitely underpaid NFL standards. Here's a guy we definitely need on the line, and one we can easily afford to pay...a player who Bowlen made contract promises to prior to McD coming...and yet it was plain to everyone that when asked about him, McDaniels was curt to the point of making it obvious he's unconcerned. If Wiegmann retires over a silly contract dispute involving a couple million dollars, that will essentially seal the deal on what's going on here.

Gort
06-16-2009, 08:00 AM

McStalin? really?? a mass murderer of millions. and you're implying equivalence him to McD? why not just go all out and call him McHitler? or McNero? or McBinLaden?

you McD haters have really lost it.

here's what i don't understand... you McD haters are clinging to the old regime, which went 24-24 and missed the playoffs the last 3 years. are you so comfortable with mediocrity and scared of change? ...is that why you hate McD?

i'll go on record and say that 5 of the last 6 years of the Shanny regime were frustrating to watch. the Broncos teams he fielded (except for the AFC championship game team) were just as likely to get blown out by an inferior opponent on any given game day as they were to pull off a victory.

i'll take "change" over that any day. we had 1 magical year in the last 6, and even that ended with a sour taste.

i say goodbye Shanny. goodbye Cutler. and if need be, goodbye Marshall. i welcome all of the team-first players who want to be here and want to get back to stomping Sandy Eggo's butt every time we play them.

Garcia Bronco
06-16-2009, 08:03 AM

How do you figure? And prepared to get owned.

Broncomutt
06-16-2009, 08:28 AM
i say goodbye Shanny. goodbye Cutler. and if need be, goodbye Marshall. i welcome all of the team-first players who want to be here and want to get back to stomping Sandy Eggo's butt every time we play them.

Amen brother!

bronco_boi_5280
06-16-2009, 08:44 AM

Yes! This makes perfect sense! Let's say goodbye to any good players we have, and somehow we will then magically beat San Diego, who is more talented at every single position!

BroncoMan4ever
06-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Like who? Champ, making 11 million? Dawkins, making 9? They're not biatching. Simms? He's making more than cutler.

Simms also isn't all pussed out like Cutler was. i am fine with a QB who acts like a man making more money than one who acts like a whiny bitch.

BroncoMan4ever
06-16-2009, 08:53 AM
By the way... has anyone heard Marshall say one disparaging thing about the staff?

It's a money issue.

Cutler was just a girly-man.

Marshall wants to get paid. He's not talking about hurt feelings or how he could throw the ball faster than Elway. He just wants a contract. That's normal football biz.

Again, Brandon was very vocal about supporting the new staff and sounded to be completely bought into the team concept McDaniels is pushing. There hasn't been one single hint that this is a personality issue. It's a $$$ issue.

VERY different from Cutler's situation.

i agree completely, and not only is Marshall not being a bitch about his situation, he is keeping calm, avoiding the media, keeping the situation in house, he isn't talking **** about anyone, and he is manning up and talking to his owner and coaches instead of cutting off contact and crying.

and i agree with him. he is a very valuable part to this offense and team as a whole, he is needed and he deserves more money.

Bowlen should just pay him and get him back in Denver.

BroncoMan4ever
06-16-2009, 08:59 AM
McStalin? really?? a mass murderer of millions. and you're implying equivalence him to McD? why not just go all out and call him McHitler? or McNero? or McBinLaden?

here's what i don't understand... you McD haters are clinging to the old regime, which went 24-24 and missed the playoffs the last 3 years. are you so comfortable with mediocrity and scared of change? ...is that why you hate McD?

i'll go on record and say that 5 of the last 6 years of the Shanny regime were frustrating to watch. the Broncos teams he fielded (except for the AFC championship game team) were just as likely to get blown out by an inferior opponent on any given game day as they were to pull off a victory.

i'll take "change" over that any day. we had 1 magical year in the last 6, and even that ended with a sour taste.

agree completely.

i am not a McDaniels fan, but i am giving the guy a shot and hoping he can turn the franchise around. i'll gladly take a year or 2 of rebuilding and possible ****ty looking teams if it leads to the team turning the corner and getting good and young again, over annual 8-8 teams that are mediocre and showing no signs of getting any better.

and i agree with the team 1st players. look at the Patriots, the best franchise of the last decade. very few me 1st players and they are kicking ass with solid role players who know their job and care about the team. and the me 1st players usually get sent somewhere else and the team moves on with good results. i am fine with that situation in Denver.

Pony Boy
06-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Wow "Cutler to Marshall" I really thought I'd be hearing that for years and now it all gone!! sad day for the Bronco's.

We could of signed T.O. and had less drama than this.

broncosteven
06-16-2009, 12:56 PM

I choose McStalin because when Stalin was threatened in the '30's he purged his military. It was a mistake that nearly cost him in WWII.

There were many issues that conspired against Shanny, some self inflicted some brought on because of having to draft in the mid to late 20's every draft for 5 years.

I did think Shanny should have got 1 more year, I thought he was close to turning it around before Bowlen was miffed and thought Shanny was walking around like he owned the team.

Now we have an unproven 1st time HC with 3 years(?) OC experience running the show and this is the SECOND trade demand this offseason and a pending retirement threat by Weigman.

I was asking your opinion, apparently you liked Shanny and his players when they were winning but not so much when they lost. I didn't get how you feel about McStalin, or McDaniels (if that makes you feel better), handling of players and his moves so far.

broncosteven
06-16-2009, 12:59 PM
agree completely.

i am not a McDaniels fan, but i am giving the guy a shot and hoping he can turn the franchise around. i'll gladly take a year or 2 of rebuilding and possible ****ty looking teams if it leads to the team turning the corner and getting good and young again, over annual 8-8 teams that are mediocre and showing no signs of getting any better.

and i agree with the team 1st players. look at the Patriots, the best franchise of the last decade. very few me 1st players and they are kicking ass with solid role players who know their job and care about the team. and the me 1st players usually get sent somewhere else and the team moves on with good results. i am fine with that situation in Denver.

We Bronco fans are spoiled.

I will take 2 years of rebuilding if we really do turn the corner and become a powerhouse.

I am afraid that we are more likely to languish as a loser franchise for the next decade, Bronco fans have not had to put up with losing since the mid 70's. Just think what it would be like to be a Bungle fan for the last 20+ years. At least we were in the AFCCG 3 years ago.

BroncoMan4ever
06-16-2009, 01:18 PM
We Bronco fans are spoiled.

I will take 2 years of rebuilding if we really do turn the corner and become a powerhouse.

I am afraid that we are more likely to languish as a loser franchise for the next decade, Bronco fans have not had to put up with losing since the mid 70's. Just think what it would be like to be a Bungle fan for the last 20+ years. At least we were in the AFCCG 3 years ago.

honestly, the reason we haven't had to languish as a bad franchise is Bowlen. the guy does what is necessary for his team to win, and not it currently involves dumping whiny bitches who don't want to be here and making room for high character team guys who will work their ass off for the team.

he may have altered his mindset a little this offseason, but that is to make the team better again. i can't see us being relagated to sucking for a long perior of time, as long as Bowlen owns the team.

broncosteven
06-16-2009, 01:26 PM
honestly, the reason we haven't had to languish as a bad franchise is Bowlen. the guy does what is necessary for his team to win, and not it currently involves dumping whiny b****es who don't want to be here and making room for high character team guys who will work their ass off for the team.

he may have altered his mindset a little this offseason, but that is to make the team better again. i can't see us being relagated to sucking for a long perior of time, as long as Bowlen owns the team.

I dunno...

Bowlen allowed the signing of duchebags reaching back to Dale Carter.

The Broncos were stuck drafting in later rounds and never had the ammo to move up. Then with the dead cap issues they were forced to jettison their better Dlinemen.

I hope McStalin is the answer and I will hug his nuts like Pops if we win the SB in the next 2-3 years but I am a born pessimist...

SoDak Bronco
06-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Like OCHOSINCO said on the NFL network, unless you're a QB, you ain't forcing a trade outta town...Denver isn't going to trade bmarsh. We are going to appease him and ask around, but with no intentions of really getting rid of Brandon. Pat will say, see brandon, we tried, now get your ass back to camp, or we will fine the **** out of you.

Gort
06-16-2009, 01:32 PM
I choose McStalin because when Stalin was threatened in the '30's he purged his military. It was a mistake that nearly cost him in WWII.

There were many issues that conspired against Shanny, some self inflicted some brought on because of having to draft in the mid to late 20's every draft for 5 years.

I did think Shanny should have got 1 more year, I thought he was close to turning it around before Bowlen was miffed and thought Shanny was walking around like he owned the team.

Now we have an unproven 1st time HC with 3 years(?) OC experience running the show and this is the SECOND trade demand this offseason and a pending retirement threat by Weigman.

I was asking your opinion, apparently you liked Shanny and his players when they were winning but not so much when they lost. I didn't get how you feel about McStalin, or McDaniels (if that makes you feel better), handling of players and his moves so far.

purge = kill

Stalin killed off his military leaders. unless you have inside knowledge that the rest of us don't, i don't think McD is actually killing anyone in dove valley.

i got tired of Shanny a few years ago. i think the league has passed him by and there were things about his personality i really disliked (his once-you're-in-it-you-never-get-out doghouse for one). the blowout losses to Indy and Pitt to end the 2003, 2004, and 2005 seasons showed me that he was no longer the "genius" he was credited as being. he followed those up with 3 straight seasons missing the playoffs. that told me he was no longer able to field teams that any other elite team in the league worried about matching up against. yeah, i think the league has left him behind.

sure, there have been a couple of odd personnel moves this offseason, but all occurred before the Cutler drama. i chalked them up to McD wanting to bring in some guys he's familiar with to help him win over the locker room. since the beginning of the Cutler drama, i think McD has been about as good as you could expect. if Marshall was just using his holdout to get a new contract, that would be one thing. but he's demanding a trade. i don't see how that's McD's fault. this is Brandon being immature and selfish.

BroncoMan4ever
06-16-2009, 02:02 PM
I dunno...

Bowlen allowed the signing of duchebags reaching back to Dale Carter.

The Broncos were stuck drafting in later rounds and never had the ammo to move up. Then with the dead cap issues they were forced to jettison their better Dlinemen.

I hope McStalin is the answer and I will hug his nuts like Pops if we win the SB in the next 2-3 years but I am a born pessimist...

yes, but he also been quick to allow Mike to drop dumptrucks of his money on players Mike wanted. he allowed the signings of dickwads like Carter because mike told him they would make the team better. and for a long while Shanahan made the team good. it wasn't until recent seasons with the terrible defense that Mike finally showed Pat it was time for a change.

and with better DL players we let go there was Berry and Pryce. for the most part we haven't really been a great franchise in getting good DL help. and the reason Berry is gone is because he was given a huge contract with a lot of upfront money on a front loaded deal. Pryce's time just came and he was allowed to leave.

BroncoMan4ever
06-16-2009, 02:06 PM
purge = kill

Stalin killed off his military leaders. unless you have inside knowledge that the rest of us don't, i don't think McD is actually killing anyone in dove valley.

i got tired of Shanny a few years ago. i think the league has passed him by and there were things about his personality i really disliked (his once-you're-in-it-you-never-get-out doghouse for one). the blowout losses to Indy and Pitt to end the 2003, 2004, and 2005 seasons showed me that he was no longer the "genius" he was credited as being. he followed those up with 3 straight seasons missing the playoffs. that told me he was no longer able to field teams that any other elite team in the league worried about matching up against. yeah, i think the league has left him behind.

sure, there have been a couple of odd personnel moves this offseason, but all occurred before the Cutler drama. i chalked them up to McD wanting to bring in some guys he's familiar with to help him win over the locker room. since the beginning of the Cutler drama, i think McD has been about as good as you could expect. if Marshall was just using his holdout to get a new contract, that would be one thing. but he's demanding a trade. i don't see how that's McD's fault. this is Brandon being immature and selfish.

i don't think it is that the league passed Mike by, i think it has to do more with his ego. he was unwilling to change his strategies and ways of doing things with the team, in order to keep the team elite, add in poor decision making by the de facto GM with the coaching staff and bad player signings and it made it impossible for Bowlen to allow Mike to run his franchise to mediocrity.