PDA

View Full Version : does marshall start the season as a bronco?

tsiguy96
06-15-2009, 10:45 AM
whatcha think?

tsiguy96
06-15-2009, 10:46 AM
i say yes, i dont see any real value in trading him and i think pat realizes you cant get rid of all your stars, this is a business, he sells jerseys.

TheReverend
06-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Yes. He's needed now more than ever.

Br0nc0Buster
06-15-2009, 10:53 AM
yes
hes not going anywhere, not this year anyways

BroncoBuff
06-15-2009, 10:55 AM
I had to say yes, because if I said no I might've reached for the Glock in my closet ... ;D

bronclvr
06-15-2009, 10:55 AM
I'm sorry, but based on Bowlen's recent history I think he'll be traded-

BroncoBuff
06-15-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm sorry, but based on Bowlen's recent history I think he'll be traded-

BOWLEN'S recent history?

Boy, where you been?

bronclvr
06-15-2009, 10:58 AM
BOWLEN'S recent history?

Boy, where you been?

Alright, maybe not SOOOO recent, but this off Season-there, is that better? ;D

Rabb
06-15-2009, 10:59 AM
He's needed now more than ever.

agreed and unfortunately I voted no

Hotrod
06-15-2009, 11:08 AM
No way in hell is Bowlin going to get pushed around by a girlfriend beating thug.

broncofan2438
06-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Hes staying

bronclvr
06-15-2009, 11:11 AM
No way in hell is Bowlin going to get pushed around by a girlfriend beating thug.

We'll see, Snuggie Boy-:rofl:

The Joker
06-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Voted no, just not getting a good vibe from the whole thing to be honest.

It's Marshall, afterall.

Los Broncos
06-15-2009, 11:18 AM
No, the writing is on the wall.

Hotrod
06-15-2009, 11:19 AM
I think it gets quiet until Bowlin falls off the wagon again. Then I bet Marshall is a viking faster then you can say "wow he is a viking now"

outdoor_miner
06-15-2009, 11:38 AM
I voted "no" because I voted "yes" in all the similar Cutler threads. Seeing if reverse psychology works.

BroncoMan4ever
06-15-2009, 02:28 PM
he'll be here and he'll have a new contract by the middle of the season. he is far too important to the success and if he isn't here failure of the team. no way is he going anywhere.

montrose
06-15-2009, 02:34 PM
I think he's gone, I'm not happy about it either.

SouthStndJunkie
06-15-2009, 02:40 PM
They better not cave to his demands.

TheReverend
06-15-2009, 02:41 PM
They better not cave to his demands.

Then we better hope he didn't offer a bottle of Johnny Walker if they trade him.

tsiguy96
06-15-2009, 02:42 PM
we sure as hell better not trade marshall, this is just stupid at this point. if he doesnt want a new contract, make him stay the next 3 years on the contract hes already getting and as a RFA.

TheReverend
06-15-2009, 02:49 PM
we sure as hell better not trade marshall, this is just stupid at this point. if he doesnt want a new contract, make him stay the next 3 years on the contract hes already getting and as a RFA.

Haven't you publicly stated that it's ignorant to question the moves of the FO, and to be optimistic until proven wrong by play on the field?

tsiguy96
06-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Haven't you publicly stated that it's ignorant to question the moves of the FO, and to be optimistic until proven wrong by play on the field?

its ignorant to call doom and gloom on the team without seeing whats on the field. i didnt say this team is worthless without him, but we are not going to get anything good enough i return to justify trading him. with cutler atleast we got a lot of **** and a smart QB in return.

TheReverend
06-15-2009, 02:56 PM
its ignorant to call doom and gloom on the team without seeing whats on the field. i didnt say this team is worthless without him, but we are not going to get anything good enough i return to justify trading him. with cutler atleast we got a lot of **** and a smart QB in return.

At a glance we got a lot of ****.

Now we got Kyle Orton, Ayers, and less than Quinn, plus next years pick... though it can be argued that next years pick gave the team the comfort zone to trade OUR pick for Smith...

So in reality, how I see us "breaking even": we need Ayers to be on a Ware/Merriman level and we need Smith to be a STARTER (not a nickle) on the level of either Cromartie and Aaron Ross (which at his height alone isn't particularly realistic), and Orton to play at least at a Jake Plummer level.

OBF1
06-15-2009, 03:02 PM
No

Another dumb football player taking bad advice.

rastaman
06-15-2009, 03:10 PM
whatcha think?

If Marshall stays, his numbers will be down from 2008. Something in the area of 68 receptions and 800 plus receiving yards, and 5 or 6 TD's.

I wonder how Marshall and Orton will click, especially after Orton leds Marshall over the middle with wobble rubber duck passes and Marshall gets the snot knocked out of him. Marshall will really miss Cutler's laser passes thats for sure.

One must also wonder whether Marshall will quit on McDaniels while loosing faith in Orton, by coyly not running crisp patterns, not trying to break tackles after receptions or just be a locker room distraction....all b/c HE AIN'T GETTEN PAYED.

Stay tune folks.....you ain't seen nothing yet.

rastaman
06-15-2009, 03:14 PM

Hell at this point, B-Marsh might Biatch Slap Bowlen while he's drunk and not know what Hit Him!! LOL

McDaniels brought in "Gaffney" to replace B-Marsh anyway. Don't worry fans McDaniel's knows what to do. McD has Denver on track to appear in the SB w/i six or eight years.:)

Hotrod
06-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Hell at this point, B-Marsh might Biatch Slap Bowlen while he's drunk and not know what Hit Him!! LOL

McDaniels brought in "Gaffney" to replace B-Marsh anyway. Don't worry fans McDaniel's knows what to do. McD has Denver on track to appear in the SB w/i six or eight years.:)

LOL

seriously at this point there is nothing to really do but sit back and laugh at the train wreck that is the 09 offseason ROFL!

The Joker
06-15-2009, 03:24 PM
At a glance we got a lot of ****.

Now we got Kyle Orton, Ayers, and less than Quinn, plus next years pick... though it can be argued that next years pick gave the team the comfort zone to trade OUR pick for Smith...

So in reality, how I see us "breaking even": we need Ayers to be on a Ware/Merriman level and we need Smith to be a STARTER (not a nickle) on the level of either Cromartie and Aaron Ross (which at his height alone isn't particularly realistic), and Orton to play at least at a Jake Plummer level.

Assuming Cutler becomes one of the league's best QB's, that is.

A rather large assumption, to be quite honest.

I'd also be of the opinion that if we didn't have two 1sts this year we wouldn't have taken Moreno and would have gone Ayers/Orakpo at #12 instead.

But we'll never know that for sure.

UberBroncoMan
06-15-2009, 05:11 PM
He's gone. Now I'm just waiting for Casey to retire and leave us with no leader for the O-Line.

Oh... I figure this is a good opportunity to bring this up.

I made this post in February, right as Free Agency opened up in order to **** with a lot of heads.

But now I get to look back at this and and say gee golly... you were on to something!

In fact I might make a new thread about this! :O

Brandon Marshall traded to Chicago for Earl Bennett + 2nd & 3rd rounder + 2010 4th

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=77604

Ironically we traded Cutler to the Bears, but hey... I could still be right!

broncosteven
06-15-2009, 05:51 PM

Marshall is a whiney bitch who shouldn't be drinking because it makes him beat women!

UberBroncoMan
06-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Marshall is a whiney b**** who shouldn't be drinking because it makes him beat women!

What I find interesting is that this is a much closer poll than the ones for Cutler.

More people thought CUTLER WOULD STAY than go, by a long shot.

This one is about 50/50.

ScottXray
06-15-2009, 09:13 PM
I think Marshall comes in after the fines start eating away his present contract. He will play , and if he wants to be paid WELL or be traded and paid well, he will not dog. it.

You can be made an example of by being benched just as well as anything, and if Bowlen or MCD or Xanders want control of the situation back they just have to say "BM, get your house in order...were not trading you unless we get the proverbial offer that can't be refused and frankly no ones offering what you think you are worth. Once you have your stuff together we'll talk contract renewal."

rastaman
06-15-2009, 09:20 PM
I think Marshall comes in after the fines start eating away his present contract. He will play , and if he wants to be paid WELL or be traded and paid well, he will not dog. it.

You can be made an example of by being benched just as well as anything, and if Bowlen or MCD or Xanders want control of the situation back they just have to say "BM, get your house in order...were not trading you unless we get the proverbial offer that can't be refused and frankly no ones offering what you think you are worth. Once you have your stuff together we'll talk contract renewal."

Whoa! Slavery is alive and well! You are dreaming if you think your scenario will come to fruition. Someone will give BMarsh an incentive clause contract and pay him as a top 10 WR.....plain and simple.

Teams will see thru all the drama and strong arm tactics of Denver, should the Broncos do as you're insinuating they should do.

broncswin
06-15-2009, 09:23 PM
I had to say yes, because if I said no I might've reached for the Glock in my closet ... ;DCome on Buff your better than that.  Not over this guy, I know he has showed great stuff on the field, but this guy would have never made the cut back in the superbowl days.  This is what is pissing me off more than anything, we settle for guys who show a little magic on the field, even if they are me players and as$holes off the field.

broncswin
06-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Whoa! Slavery is alive and well! You are dreaming if you think your scenario will come to fruition. Someone will give BMarsh an incentive clause contract and pay him as a top 10 WR.....plain and simple.

Teams will see thru all the drama and strong arm tactics of Denver, should the Broncos do as you're insinuating they should do.

What a dipsh*t your are!!:thanku:

ScottXray
06-15-2009, 09:50 PM

Brandon HAS a contract , with the Broncos. They can pay him that contract and do whatever they WANT to do with him ,then Franchise him next year and do it again. Any team that offers him a contract has to make DENVER an offer first, or face tampering charges. And he is going to draw at least a first rounder and more or Denver should NOT trade him.

Yes, he is a slave...a 2 million a year wage slave, and he signed the contract.
If someone wants to make Denver an offer of a 1st and third and sign BM DENVER will decide what happens, not BM. They hold his rights , and right or wrong they need to make a point right now and not cave. Get his stuff together and he'll get his offer from the Broncos later on this year. Screw around and they can cost him dearly.

Has anyone thought that BM is making these demands right now because his HIP is Degenerative...maybe his days as a #1 WR are numbered, simply because of health issues. He doesn't want to be examined by the medical staff (maybe rightly) but he sure isn't getting a new contract anywhere without a physical. So maybe he thinks he can force the issue and get the fat paycheck by bitching.

On the field, Marshall is a force....but otherwise he's a liability. Its a new year, and its Show me time again. He can come in and prove it or he can sit home and lose it. If he gets through his hearing and doesn't get suspended and shows up for camp and doesn't dog it he definitely deserves to be well paid. He should have had this done before now. But HE is the one that keeps putting his future in jeopardy. It Makes people writing fat checks nervous about it, when they are told Pay me, just ignore that cop behind the curtain, he got Nothing on me.

Hogan11
06-16-2009, 12:20 AM
Nope, he's done.

Tsiguy continues to stalk him to whatever team he's traded to and we rarely hear from him again afterwards.

Hogan11
06-16-2009, 12:25 AM
this is a business, he sells jerseys.

If the Cutler and Marshall dramas can teach us anything, it's that it's foolish to waste $$$ on current players jersey's.