PDA

View Full Version : Plaxico Burress and option if Marshall plays hold out?

HEAV
06-12-2009, 08:37 PM
With his case postponed until Sept., or longer by then, it's looking more like he could play in 2009.

I'm thinking maybe the F.O. should look at talking to his agent and see what it would take get him. Hell it may wake up Marshall and get him thinking about earning his 2.2 Mill this year and not thinking about his next multi-million deal.

Just and idea.

watermock
06-12-2009, 08:43 PM
he guy's a bigger idiot than Marshall. He had a chance t do 3 month and turned it down 'cause he's "scared" of prison.

He would of been out about now, and probably gotten a 4 game wrist slap.

Punisher
06-12-2009, 09:06 PM
I rather sign Marvin.H

HEAV
06-12-2009, 09:07 PM
I rather sign Marvin.H

Hmmmm

That fuel gauge may be on E.

NFLBRONCO
06-12-2009, 09:12 PM
How can we run 4 and 5 wr sets if Marshall holds out or is traded is the question. Pretty weak depth somebody would have to come in.

bronco_boi_5280
06-12-2009, 09:13 PM
I'd love Plax for a year if no Marshall.

FireFly
I think that if Marshall holds out, there could be worse options - like not having anyone besides who we already have!

kamakazi_kal
wtf ....... he dosent exactly scream "team" guy like everyone on here is all fired up about.

footstepsfrom#27
06-12-2009, 09:15 PM
With his case postponed until Sept., or longer by then, it's looking more like he could play in 2009.

I'm thinking maybe the F.O. should look at talking to his agent and see what it would take get him. Hell it may wake up Marshall and get him thinking about earning his 2.2 Mill this year and not thinking about his next multi-million deal.

Just and idea.
So you think this is a better idea than payng Marshall what he's worth? :spit:

loborugger
06-12-2009, 09:15 PM
In a word - NO!

Punisher
06-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Hmmmm

That fuel gauge may be on E.

I say he has about one year in the tank that's about it.

BroncoMan4ever
06-12-2009, 10:49 PM
jesus christ he has eld out 1 day over a month before TC begins and suddenly we are looking for a replacement.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-12-2009, 10:55 PM
So you think this is a better idea than payng Marshall what he's worth? :spit:

I cant believe i actually agree with you on something. This marshall trade talk is insane. He's worth A LOT more than we're paying him. Hopefully we cut a good deal. We cant just trade all our stars because they want more money and i think the coaching staff realizes that.

The Jay Cutler situation wasn't so cut and dry...they went down the road a TON with him and tried to fix the situation over and over. Cutler denied them because HE HAD AN AGENDA. So the situations arent comparable.

Just pay Brandon, i bet you can get him at a discount. Put behavior clauses in the contract. Get him signed.

OrangeRising
06-12-2009, 11:46 PM

Just and idea.

Marshall has demonstrated some pretty bad judgement, but last I checked, he wasn't so lead-weight stupid to shoot himself while carrying a weapon into a crowded bar.

Burress was a head case before he was a felon. Oh, excuse me, allegedly a felon.

Now we want to replace a goof with a criminal? Boy, this McDaniels roster would really round into shape with this guy, wouldn't it?

Popps
06-12-2009, 11:50 PM
http://www.everyjoe.com/emqb/files/2008/10/anquan-boldin_nc.jpg

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2009, 12:02 AM
While Anquan is a good player, i dont quite get the Anquan love on this board. I think, one, marshall is a better receiver, and is Anquan not a diva too? Plus a little older? I dont get it, isnt it just easier to pay marshall?

Popps
06-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Yea, he's actually been a bit of a Diva. I'm just throwing it out there for fodder.

At least he's not in immediate legal trouble or a sneeze away from a suspension.

In reality, I'm not sure if it's easier to pay Marshall. There is a TON of risk with giving him a huge contract. We're trying to dig ourselves out of some contractual messes we've already stepped in.

I don't know if there's a way to put a suspension clause in that would nullify the contract or some portion. But, if there is... that's the obvious answer.

Taco John
06-13-2009, 01:24 AM
Anquan as a Bronco would be pretty sweet.

Dudeskey
06-13-2009, 01:55 AM
I'd love Plax for a year if no Marshall.

Makes sense if you need to play a big WR in another big WR's stead..

BroncoInSkinland
06-13-2009, 04:13 AM
If we are going to go with guys with character issues, then just resign Brandon. He can hold his own with just about any reciever out there as far as talent goes, I say the only reason to trade him (if we are willing to spend the money) is to get an equally talented guy with no character issues. The other option? Call the season what it is, a rebuilding year, and get a couple of young guy some field time for the experience.

broncswin
06-13-2009, 05:20 AM
While Anquan is a good player, i dont quite get the Anquan love on this board. I think, one, marshall is a better receiver, and is Anquan not a diva too? Plus a little older? I dont get it, isnt it just easier to pay marshall?

He is a diva to some sorts, things are different in every situation. He isn't as good as Marsh, but he stays out of the off-field issues and has never been suspended. I have always thought anquan would be a great fit here, he is tough over the middle from what I have seen. :strong:

TonyR
06-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Just pay Brandon, i bet you can get him at a discount. Put behavior clauses in the contract. Get him signed.

I don't know. I am kind of leaning towards the position that they should tell him when he comes in, proves he's healthy, and gets past the legal issue, they'll happily work something out. Until then I don't know why they'd negotiate any deal unless it's loaded with protections for the team.

gyldenlove
06-13-2009, 08:37 AM
I would rather have Prater kick me repeatetly in the balls than seeing Plaxico in a Broncos jersey.