PDA

View Full Version : So what is Brandon Marshall's Trade Value?

Broncoman13
06-12-2009, 07:45 PM
I am guessing a player and a First and another high pick probably a 2nd.

I wonder about a few teams out there and what they would be willing to give. Miami, Washington, Dallas, KC would probably give up a lot to get their hands on him.

I could see a deal with Washington including a nice LB like Rocky Mac and then a future first and second.

Dallas would be able to give up some personnel familiar with a 3-4 and a future pick or two.

Miami would probably consider parting ways with Ginn Jr for BMarsh.

Am I being too optimistic here in terms of his trade value? I know one thing, Brandon Marshall is prepared to hold out as long as it takes to either force a trade or a new contract. And, before people start claiming that he doesn't have any value... Chad Jackson was worth two first round picks with his attitude and personality. Brandon Marshall is a better guy and a better football player... anger mgmt issues aside.

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 07:46 PM

His off field drama hurts his trade value.

FireFly
06-12-2009, 07:53 PM

The fact that he still has a trial to come only exacerbates this.

Injury concerns, off field drama; these things certainly don't help. I wouldn't be suprised to hear that if we ever were to try and move him (pre-season) we'd struggle to get what most people of this board would consider fair value.

Maybe a first and some conditional picks?

Punisher
06-12-2009, 07:55 PM

agree we might as well sign him,because his trade value sucks

Orange Blood
06-12-2009, 07:56 PM
He's one strike away from an eight-game suspension and he's on the last year of a four-year deal. Third rounder most likely, second rounder at best.

If Denver waits until the October trade deadline, they might be able to fleece a desperate injury-riddled team like Detroit did to Dallas last fall for Roy Williams.

Broncoman13
06-12-2009, 08:01 PM
I don't think his value is near as bad as some make it out to be. Does the hip hurt him, sure... but a quick workout and physical and solve that issue. As for the off field issues, I don't think that will hold teams back. There is a market for guys like Tank Johnson, Pacman Jones, and even Travis Henry. Teams will give up a lot for a talent like BMarsh, plus he talks a GREAT STORY.

Personally, I hope we resign him. One of my favorite players on the team, I'd hate to see him go.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
06-12-2009, 08:02 PM

I wonder about a few teams out there and what they would be willing to give. Miami, Washington, Dallas, KC would probably give up a lot to get their hands on him.

I could see a deal with Washington including a nice LB like Rocky Mac and then a future first and second.

Dallas would be able to give up some personnel familiar with a 3-4 and a future pick or two.

Am I being too optimistic here in terms of his trade value? I know one thing, Brandon Marshall is prepared to hold out as long as it takes to either force a trade or a new contract. And, before people start claiming that he doesn't have any value... Chad Jackson was worth two first round picks with his attitude and personality. Brandon Marshall is a better guy and a better football player... anger mgmt issues aside.

What? If a probowl QB is only worth 2 1's a crap QB. Then a Probowl WR is worth a 5th and PS WR.

FireFly
06-12-2009, 08:03 PM
I'd hate to see him gone, but signing him to a BIG dollar contract is one risky proposition. Being as close as he is to a suspension that would likely see him out for up to half a season and knowing his history... well it would make me nervous if I were a GM.

watermock
06-12-2009, 08:09 PM
no comment

footstepsfrom#27
06-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Losing B-Marsh would have much greater implications than what we can recieve back via trade, even if we got fair value. We need more than anything to show this regime is treating players fairly and commited to winning now, not dumping players when they want to get paid what they're worth. The issues with his OTF incidents should be addressed through his contract, but unless he does something much worse than what he's accused of, he ought to stay here. He's worth more than we'd get back in return, just like Jay was worth more than we got.

ScottXray
06-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Sign him! Put in a performance clause and stipulate that he must repay a percentage of signing bonus, and will not be paid for any suspended games due to off field activities, and tie a lot of escalators in that require him to play the bulk of the seasons offensive snaps.

The injury situation can be handled in the same way....big contract for big performance....reductions for lack of production and games off.

Tell him he can use his own medical staff, because ours can't seem to diagnose anything less than major fractures, with bones sticking out of flesh.

frerottenextelway
06-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Objectively speaking, I would say he would fetch a mid-second round pick.

FireFly
06-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Sign him! Put in a performance clause and stipulate that he must repay a percentage of signing bonus, and will not be paid for any suspended games due to off field activities, and tie a lot of escalators in that require him to play the bulk of the seasons offensive snaps.

The injury situation can be handled in the same way....big contract for big performance....reductions for lack of production and games off.

Tell him he can use his own medical staff, because ours can't seem to diagnose anything less than major fractures, with bones sticking out of flesh.

Actually, that sounds fair and sensible :thumbsup:

Hopefully we get something like this done.

fdf
06-12-2009, 08:48 PM

I'm figuring that's exactly the opposite of what Marshall wants. And that's the problem. He'll be looking for guaranteed money. The team will be looking to protect itself against Marshall's flakiness. There's a deep gulf there. A possible way out may be a two year deal that gives him a non-trivial raise but not the big time guaranteed payoff. Then he still gets some money now and has the payoff coming; but the Broncos don't shell out 30 million for a guy who flakes on them.

Broncoman13
06-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Losing B-Marsh would have much greater implications than what we can recieve back via trade, even if we got fair value. We need more than anything to show this regime is treating players fairly and commited to winning now, not dumping players when they want to get paid what they're worth. The issues with his OTF incidents should be addressed through his contract, but unless he does something much worse than what he's accused of, he ought to stay here. He's worth more than we'd get back in return, just like Jay was worth more than we got.

Agreed.

TheReverend
06-12-2009, 09:36 PM
A first. Probably from a playoff contender like Indy.

It WOULD be a first and a 2nd/third, but off field incidents, rehabbing an injury, and the hefty contract that would need to get renegotiated drop it to a late first.

kamakazi_kal
06-12-2009, 10:18 PM
no way you even get a first for him, high second is more like it....... teams would point to off field issues injuries .... contract.....

just sign the guy we would never get fair value ..... good god can we trade anyone else for a possible player ..... lets just trade all the knowns for unknowns ....... but "team first" unknowns ......... and let mcd turn sh*t into shinola.

yerner
06-12-2009, 10:21 PM
why are we trading our best offensive weapon again?

kamakazi_kal
06-12-2009, 10:23 PM

......... just drink the kool-aid....ok..... (sarcasm)

where's popps or tonyr to explain why this would be a "team" approach and a good move.

uplink
06-12-2009, 10:30 PM
how about trading him for Boldin? Would either side require extra compansation?

kamakazi_kal
06-12-2009, 10:32 PM

problem is both have bad hips and want a new contract.

TheReverend
06-12-2009, 10:36 PM

Can't.

AZ has no money to pay Anquan. Could not afford a new contract for Brandon.

watermock
06-12-2009, 10:43 PM
http://static.flickr.com/98/233836395_089a1887e5.jpg

"Inside McDummy's mind"

Gcver2ver3
06-12-2009, 10:47 PM
i was really looking forward to Marsh playing...

but if he wants to hold out then let him rot...don't trade him unless overwhelmed with an offer...

he's injured in the offseason again, and dealing with legal issues again, and is one violation short of a hefty suspension AGAIN...

screw him...

watermock
06-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Fact: He was injured and allowed to play,.

Historically, players have begun redoing their contracts in their final year in Denver. Not Now.

This holds true for the entire 06 class.

watermock
06-12-2009, 10:58 PM
i was really looking forward to Marsh playing...

but if he wants to hold out then let him rot...don't trade him unless overwhelmed with an offer...

he's injured in the offseason again, and dealing with legal issues again, and is one violation short of a hefty suspension AGAIN...

screw him...

First, the injury was not diagnosd. He wasn't injured in 08. His legal issues are almost 3 years old. If he gets suspended, so does his paycheck.

Regadless, I see him somewhere else in '10. Probably Chicago.

Popps
06-12-2009, 11:07 PM
......... just drink the kool-aid....ok..... (sarcasm)

where's popps or tonyr to explain why this would be a "team" approach and a good move.

Wow dude, you just swing from my nuts full-time now, huh? Honestly, you've got **** for takes, so you just stalk me instead? Nothing better to do with your time?

As for Marshall... it's a pretty simple situation. He's an idiot that's one idiot-move away from a major suspension.

You tell me how massive of a contract we should give this dopey f#ck. I don't claim to have the answer, but I guarantee you there is major risk attached to ANY contract you give him.

The "team" is clearly better when he's playing well and staying out of cop cars. But, those are big-time question marks.

It's a pretty simple situation. If Marshall and his agent use their head and negotiate reasonably, this will work out. If they stick a gun to our heads, they'll be shown the door.

Bronco X
06-12-2009, 11:20 PM

No kidding. Enough is enough.

Thank God Eddie Royal isn't a dick.

Hulamau
06-12-2009, 11:36 PM

That's what I would do. Contract yes but with significant protection for his Woman rage factor and hip/ arm /wrestling with 'McDonalds' bags' issues.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is what they are offering him now and his agent is balking at the moment as a negotiation tactic.

At the same time the Broncos must NOT bend over backward out of some perception that they cant lose Marshall too no matter what and allow him and his agent to rob them with no solid protection for this team.

Other wise **** him!

SonOfLe-loLang
06-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Again, this board is annoying. First off, no where did McD, Bowlen, or Xanders say they wanted to trade Marshall...so stop already blaming him for it as if Marshall is out of town.

2) Whoever says Brandon is just worth a 2nd rounder is on a lot of drugs. His hip will be fine and, regardless of his off the field issues, he's 25 and already has 2 100-reception seasons under his belt. He's a beast, someone you have to game plan around.

3) Yes, he shouldn't hold out, but killing a guy for trying to get a bigger contract now when he's severely underpaid? C'mon thats insane. Poor timing yes, but i see where its coming from.

Lets hope they get in a room and bang out a nice contract thats fair for both sides.

Hogan11
06-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Tick.......tick........tick........

OrangeRising
06-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Again, this board is annoying. First off, no where did McD, Bowlen, or Xanders say they wanted to trade Marshall...so stop already blaming him for it as if Marshall is out of town.

2) Whoever says Brandon is just worth a 2nd rounder is on a lot of drugs. His hip will be fine and, regardless of his off the field issues, he's 25 and already has 2 100-reception seasons under his belt. He's a beast, someone you have to game plan around.

3) Yes, he shouldn't hold out, but killing a guy for trying to get a bigger contract now when he's severely underpaid? C'mon thats insane. Poor timing yes, but i see where its coming from.

Lets hope they get in a room and bang out a nice contract thats fair for both sides.

Interesting. You could substitute 'Cutler' in your Marshall comment and this would look identical to arguments from two months ago.

Popps
06-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Interesting. You could substitute 'Cutler' in your Marshall comment and this would look identical to arguments from two months ago.

Well, I'll be the first to admit that we did a little better for Cutler than I thought we'd do. (Thankfully.)

I think the difference here is, this guy is one brain-fart away from a major suspension, and he's not a QB.

I think a 2nd rounder would be possible, but man... what a waste.

Then again, we can't get Travis Henry'd by this guy, either.

So, it's a very tough position. This is a bad move on Marshall's part which appears likely to make a very turbulent off-season even more turbulent.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2009, 01:00 AM

I disagree actually. While i suppose there are some minor similarities...cutler CLAIMS it wasnt a contract dispute. And the whole thing started with the rumor they were looking to trade him. So they are actually quite different.

footstepsfrom#27
06-13-2009, 01:48 AM
A day ago Marshall's considered Orton's new best friend, and after ONE DAY of this guy staying away to get something we all know he should get, he's dog **** now?

Funny how the prospect of a guy thinking he should get paid how he plays offends so many people who probably wouldn't care what he did off the field as long as he didn't get suspended.

Popps
06-13-2009, 02:04 AM
A day ago Marshall's considered Orton's new best friend, and after ONE DAY of this guy staying away to get something we all know he should get, he's dog **** now?

Funny how the prospect of a guy thinking he should get paid how he plays offends so many people who probably wouldn't care what he did off the field as long as he didn't get suspended.

Let's address this one at a time...

First off, we don't know WHAT he's demanding. What if he wants to be the highest paid WR in the league? What if he wants a massive signing bonus?

One sneeze away from a major suspension, what makes you think he "should" get anything remotely close to that?

But, we don't know WHAT he's asking for. So, your thesis is wrong right out of the gate.

More accurately, the concern here is HOW he's going about it. Holding out when you're not even 100% positive if you're suspended or not, given this ****-brain's track record, is just silly-business.

I don't think anyone's opinion of him is any different today than it was yesterday. Most people thought he was an idiot yesterday, and most will continue to think that today.

As for people not caring what he's doing off the field as long as he doesn't get suspended, that's also incorrect. I suggest you take a closer look at the threads involving that very topic. You'll find heated debate from a large contingent around here who feel like beating women isn't O.K., even if you CAN catch a football.

Dudeskey
06-13-2009, 02:08 AM
**** it, let him hold out. See what happens after his trial in August then resume negotiations...™

Popps
06-13-2009, 02:10 AM
**** it, let him hold out. See what happens after his trial in August then resume negotiations...™

It would just kind of suck to have this crap for brains hijack another pre-season with his nonsense. The whole "will Brandon be able to play or not" soap opera is just getting a little tiresome.

footstepsfrom#27
06-13-2009, 02:38 AM
Let's address this one at a time...

First off, we don't know WHAT he's demanding. What if he wants to be the highest paid WR in the league? What if he wants a massive signing bonus?
Is there some reason they haven't addressed this before now? Surely they knew he was wanting a new contract before June 11th. So maybe if they'd spent some time considering that...with Wiegemann as well BTW...we wouldn't be facing this current situation. Based on the nonchalant way McD addressed the question of Wiegmann's contract, it appears they're not terribly interested in this stuff, so maybe that's the answer.
One sneeze away from a major suspension, what makes you think he "should" get anything remotely close to that?
Because this team isn't going anywhere this year anyway, so even if he gets 8 games, I'd still want to keep him around because the guy has the talent to be a HOF receiver. At 25...he's got another 10 years in him, meaning he could break every Bronco receiving record in the books. Trying to trade him because he might catch another suspension this year is premature. As I and others have said, there's nothing preventing them from building incentives/penalties into a contract that protects the team.
But, we don't know WHAT he's asking for. So, your thesis is wrong right out of the gate.
My thesis is that we ought to have gotten this done before now, and 2nd that he obviously deserves more than $2 million a year...even Gaffney's making more...if a journeyman CB with one decent year is getting $5 million, obviously this guy's worth more, so yeah...his beef is justified because there's no reason they should have waited this long to address this issue. Then you have the issue of him coming off surgery and putting himself back under the control of the same medical staff he obviously has no confidence in, so perhaps since he believes they nearly cost him his career, he'd like some assurances before he starts working out again with these guys handling his case. Reguardless what his thinking is...they need him and they need to get him signed, not traded for a draft pick that may or may not be able to play, and certainly wont' help this year.
I don't think anyone's opinion of him is any different today than it was yesterday. Most people thought he was an idiot yesterday, and most will continue to think that today.
The issue of him wanting more money and a one day holdout is what's driving the opinion we should trade him, not that he's an idiot.
As for people not caring what he's doing off the field as long as he doesn't get suspended, that's also incorrect. I suggest you take a closer look at the threads involving that very topic. You'll find heated debate from a large contingent around here who feel like beating women isn't O.K., even if you CAN catch a football.
Of which I am one of those...did you notice I didn't include everyone? I said "many people"...and yeah...there wasn't this screaming to dump him before he held out for...I remind you...ONE DAY at this point.

Marshall has his problems...but this team can't afford to dump him for draft picks a few weeks after we lose Cutler. They need to just get it done.

Popps
06-13-2009, 02:45 AM
Is there some reason they haven't addressed this before now?

Yes. I believe there are something like 13 reasons? Though, I may be losing count of his arrests.

Or, maybe it's his last suspension.

His recent troubles?

There are so many reasons NOT to go chasing this guy with a truckload of money, it's hard to keep all of them straight.

Because this team isn't going anywhere this year anyway, so even if he gets 8 games, I'd still want to keep him around because the guy has the talent to be a HOF receiver. .

Yea, I went through all of this with the Travis Henry supporters. They didn't believe me when I said he was a risk, either.

At the end of the day, I think Marshall has a better chance of being a productive player than Henry did, but he still comes with massive risk, and you don't let a player in that position bend you over the bargaining table.

My thesis is that we ought to have gotten this done before now.

And I've already explained to you why no rational front office would chase this guy down with a huge offer before they even know if the dip**** is eligible to PLAY this year. Give me a ****ing break.

The issue of him wanting more money and a one day holdout is what's driving the opinion we should trade him, not that he's an idiot..

For the record, I'm not saying we SHOULD trade him. It's just conversation.

Like the Cutler situation, I think it would be best if it worked out in an amicable fashion. But, both sides have to want that. Jay didn't. Does Brandon? We'll see.

Marshall has his problems...but this team can't afford to dump him for draft picks a few weeks after we lose Cutler. They need to just get it done.

They need to get it done if we're protected. It's that simple.

Dudeskey
06-13-2009, 02:52 AM
It would just kind of suck to have this crap for brains hijack another pre-season with his nonsense. The whole "will Brandon be able to play or not" soap opera is just getting a little tiresome.

I agree on that note, and another part of me is thinking we'd be better off with a guy who damn near shot his dick off than a guy who beats women... allegedly.™

Broncoman13
06-13-2009, 05:24 AM
A first. Probably from a playoff contender like Indy.

It WOULD be a first and a 2nd/third, but off field incidents, rehabbing an injury, and the hefty contract that would need to get renegotiated drop it to a late first.

I don't know man, I just can't see his value being that low. Not when Ocho Stinko was worth two firsts just last year. Not when Roy Williams, a #2 receiver at his old destination and new, is worth a 1, 3, 5, type deal.

I have a feeling the Broncos are willing to resign him but want to put some security into his contract. I'm sure the health issues are the sticking points. I would guess that Brandon feels his latest injury is due to the Broncos staff misdiagnosing him and he probably feels he really laid it on the line for the team. I remember watching him starting around the Miami game and thinking he really looked slow on the field. Anyhow, we're stuck in a sticky situation on that one. He could slip on a McDonald's wrapper and then we'd be screwed, but he also sees the hip injury as a reason to say he's at least as likely to injure himself as the Broncos are to misdiagnose him.

I hope that he wouldn't have a problem with the off-field security part. That is just common sense that he would expect that to come into play.

Broncoman13
06-13-2009, 05:30 AM
Popps brings up a good point... what IF BMarsh wants to be paid Larry Fitzgerald $$$?

DBroncos4life
06-13-2009, 06:43 AM
Popps brings up a good point... what IF BMarsh wants to be paid Larry Fitzgerald $$$?

So you don't think we should pay players what they are worth? This fan base is not right. Do you really think talented people will just want to stay in Denver for the **** and giggles of it? Even and I mean even if he is asking Fitzgerald money right now it would almost be better to pay him that because in two years that will be a bargin. Look at what we pay Champ. Its not even top dollar for the best DB in the NFL. So don't fool yourself into thinking that paying a guy what the highest paid gut at his position will mean much.

Also lets not forget that Marshall has more catches and yards in his first three years then Fitz

Beantown Bronco
06-13-2009, 08:47 AM
His trade value = roughly a 5'9" corner and a conditional 2nd round pick.

Captain 'Dre
06-13-2009, 09:25 AM

Whoa! Where'd you find those Homer Goggles!

Ginn, Jr.? Maybe.

But talking about first round picks plus other considerations being involved for a guy with Marshall's baggage is just crazy.

If you didn't HAVE Marshall, would you give up as much as you've suggested to GET him? It's difficult for me to believe that you would!

Wasn't Terrell Owens traded for a #2 pick a few years back?

boltaneer
06-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Hmm, I think the trade talk is way premature.

Given his pending off the field issues, I can see the Broncos forcing Marshall to play out the year and franchise him next year if need be. If there is no new CBA, they don't even have to worry about tagging him as he'll still be restricted.

I don't think he's getting his big payday anytime soon. The Broncos have all the leverage here and can afford to be patient to see if he can stop being a dumbass.

I'm loving the continued drama in Broncoland though! :flower:

TonyR
06-13-2009, 09:46 AM
I don't think he's getting his big payday anytime soon. The Broncos have all the leverage here and can afford to be patient to see if he can stop being a dumbass.

Exactly right. I'm at a complete loss trying to figure out why anyone feels otherwise. Amazing how people allow bias to cloud their judgment.

BMarsh615
06-13-2009, 10:57 AM
If we trade him I hope it is not for draft picks. McDaniels would probably trade the first round pick for a 3rd string corner again.ROFL!

BroncoBuff
06-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Restructure the last year of his current contract with a chunky base and a butt-load of incentives. Meet him halfway this year. and make him prove he's worth a massive deal. Fact is, he will get a 1st-round tender next winter anyway, so we'll have to match that. For now, let's get him in and make him happy enough to want to be a Bronco.

TheReverend
06-13-2009, 11:06 AM
His trade value = roughly a 5'9" corner and a conditional 2nd round pick.

Oh that hurts me deep...

TheReverend
06-13-2009, 11:10 AM
I don't know man, I just can't see his value being that low. Not when Ocho Stinko was worth two firsts just last year. Not when Roy Williams, a #2 receiver at his old destination and new, is worth a 1, 3, 5, type deal.

I have a feeling the Broncos are willing to resign him but want to put some security into his contract. I'm sure the health issues are the sticking points. I would guess that Brandon feels his latest injury is due to the Broncos staff misdiagnosing him and he probably feels he really laid it on the line for the team. I remember watching him starting around the Miami game and thinking he really looked slow on the field. Anyhow, we're stuck in a sticky situation on that one. He could slip on a McDonald's wrapper and then we'd be screwed, but he also sees the hip injury as a reason to say he's at least as likely to injure himself as the Broncos are to misdiagnose him.

I hope that he wouldn't have a problem with the off-field security part. That is just common sense that he would expect that to come into play.

I'm not saying your terms were unrealistic.

It's very possible we catch someone desperate for a playmaking WR... but who needs one?

Chicago doesn't have the ammo, and probably wouldn't spend that on a WR anyways.

Washington has drafted a ****-ton of WRs recently. Dallas is probably gun shy after getting boned deep by the Lions of all teams.

Honestly, the team I see most likely to trade for Brandon is Indianapolis after Peyton raving about wanting Brandon there at the pro-bowl. However, Polian isn't about to get taken advantage of by Colonel Xanders and McDeezNuts.

If anything he'd bend them over to "take the headache off their hands" and so the team could "move forward without distractions".

Similar to why the Cutler trade ended SO quickly.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Seriously, just pay him. Pay him. Pay him. Pay him.

Gcver2ver3
06-13-2009, 11:45 AM
First, the injury was not diagnosd. He wasn't injured in 08. His legal issues are almost 3 years old. If he gets suspended, so does his paycheck.

Regadless, I see him somewhere else in '10. Probably Chicago.

i'm talking about his ripped open arm genious...

re-read my post...it said OFFSEASON injury?...

he was suspended last year for his legal issues, and they're still chasing him now...have you even been paying attention?...

stop trying to correct people all the time and just enjoy the forum for a change...

Paladin
06-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Possible: NYG? He'd be a better player than Plaxico.....

Maybe St. Louis?

I'd see him going to a NFC team, for sure......

Popps
06-13-2009, 03:59 PM
I remember thinking we probably should have nabbed Tory Holt as an insurance policy. Now I really wish we would have.

Taco John
06-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Seriously, just pay him. Pay him. Pay him. Pay him.

If we pay Marshall, the blood will be in the water. The word on the street will be that the Broncos front office is weak, and now is the time to get your dough.

Popps
06-13-2009, 05:47 PM
If we pay Marshall, the blood will be in the water. The word on the street will be that the Broncos front office is weak, and now is the time to get your dough.

Bingo.

... and that's what makes it worse.

I have a feeling the front office probably would have worked something out with him once we knew we were in the clear as far as suspensions, his trial, etc.

I think the thing that needs to happen now is... Brandon needs to return to the team, and show good faith, and then we need to work out some sort of self-protecting contract with him.

But, you're correct, we can't lay out a big contract now, or we just look like we were worked over... and that will be the new M.O..

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2009, 05:55 PM

Ummm, i dont think so. If anyone deserves a raise on this team, its Marshall. Now, when i say raise, im not suggesting top 5 money, obviously there are concerns. I'd also make it incentive laden. Youre acting like a hold out is something new. Guys have done it time in/time out and things have been fine. It wouldnt be a show of weakness to pay a guy what he deserves, especially when he does **** like meet the owner at the owner's request. I think a fair deal can be hashed out on both sides.

Hogan11
06-13-2009, 06:01 PM

The front office is already perceived as weak

TonyR
06-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Edwards is healthy and doesn't have the legal issues, Marshall is the better player. So I'd say right now their trade values are similar, and you could make a strong argument that Edwards has more value today (but not necessarily a month from now). So it's a bit eye opening that nobody even offerred a first round pick for him.

Trade Offers For Braylon Edwards Didn’t Floor Browns
Posted by Aaron Wilson on June 21, 2009, 8:12 p.m. EDT

Despite a ton of speculation throughout this offseason, Cleveland Browns wide receiver Braylon Edwards was reportedly never close to being traded.

And he’s unlikely to be traded now or before the upcoming football season.

According to Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Browns weren’t offered intriguing enough compensation to jettison Edwards from the roster via a trade.

Per the report, the New York Giants and other teams never offered a first-round draft pick in return for Edwards’ rights.

Instead, the Browns were only offered middle-round draft picks and players not regarded as being elite quality.

So far, the Browns have been impressed with Edwards, who led the league in dropped passes last season.

And they’re banking on the former University of Michigan star being motivated by potentially becoming an unrestricted free agent after the season if a new collective bargaining agreement is in place by then.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/21/trade-offers-for-braylon-edwards-didnt-floor-browns/