PDA

View Full Version : Broncos sign Schlueter

Orange Blood
06-12-2009, 07:27 PM
The Denver Broncos on Friday signed center Blake Schlueter, whom they selected in the seventh round (225th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft from Texas Christian University. As per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Schlueter (6-foot-2, 279 pounds) played 50 career games (38 starts) at TCU and earned All-Mountain West Conference recognition during each of his three seasons as a starter. He helped TCU to a 30-9 (.769) overall record, three bowl wins and two top-25 final rankings (Associated Press) during his final three years at the school.

As a senior in 2008, Schlueter was a first-team all-conference choice after starting all 13 games and blocking for an offense that ranked 12th in the nation in rushing (220.2 ypg.). He was part of a TCU team that finished the year with an 11-2 record and a No. 7 national ranking from the Associated Press that marked the school's highest final ranking since 1959.

For the full story, click here >>>> http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9090

Anaximines
06-12-2009, 07:29 PM
hope Casey read this

TDmvp
06-12-2009, 07:31 PM
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4458/lombarditrophywl9.jpg

footstepsfrom#27
06-12-2009, 07:41 PM
hope Casey read this
I doubt he's worried. This guy's a project player who needs to bulk up. Casey's playing only one more year anyway, and he'd be more concerned about Lichtensteiger at this point.

That said...I think this dude's got a future in the NFL, hopefully here.

FireFly
06-12-2009, 07:50 PM
I doubt he's worried. This guy's a project player who needs to bulk up. Casey's playing only one more year anyway, and he'd be more concerned about Lichtensteiger at this point.

That said...I think this dude's got a future in the NFL, hopefully here.

I really hope Lichtensteiger shows something at training camp.

I'd love nothing more for him to play his way into a starting role - not for Casey to Lose it, but for Lichtensteiger to take it from him. I don't expect it to happen, but I think center is a more important position on the OL than people give it credit for and it would be nice to know that we had the OL locked down for a least a few more years; even if just to provide some stability in a time of change and upheaval.