PDA

View Full Version : Vick released by Falcons

dbfan21
06-12-2009, 08:50 AM
According to si.com's breaking news feature. Link to come shortly!

Let's sign him! (sarcasm)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4253231

ColoradoDarin
06-12-2009, 10:13 AM
He'd break off 2k in our system

FantomForce
06-12-2009, 10:58 AM
sign his A$$

BroncoBuff
06-12-2009, 11:00 AM
He'd be a wicked wildcatter.

BroncoBuff
06-12-2009, 11:25 AM
And he'd be on his best behaviour ... we should at least take a look. No harm in that.

Beantown Bronco
06-12-2009, 11:34 AM
His only positive in "round one" was his scrambling ability. He's now 2 years older, 2 years out of football shape, and his opponents are younger and faster. His one advantage is now gone IMO, while his major weakness (passing) can now by definition only be worse after 2 years off.

Popps
06-12-2009, 12:11 PM
http://www.nflfootballstadiums.com/images/Oakland-Raiders-Logo.gif

cutthemdown
06-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Broncos just not established enough to take on Vick. It would be too dangerous for Mcdaniels to try IMO. It would take a more established coach with a little more experience then mcdaniels to pull it off.

Garcia Bronco
06-12-2009, 12:33 PM
In college Mike could out throw a track star. I wouldn't mind if he was given an opportunity to compete.`

dbfan21
06-12-2009, 12:43 PM
There's no way I would want Vick to come to Denver. The PR nightmare would be epic on top of the fact he's out of football shape and his skills are diminished.

BroncoBuff
06-12-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't mind the PR hit .... Vick could do some whack-damage as a wildcatter. a la Kordell's "Slash" for Cowher's Steelers. Mike along with Moreno and Hillis, we would soon have the most dangerous backfield in the league, even with just Orton or Simms.

I'm all for bringing him in ... speed is speed, and he's probably in decent shape anyway. It's only June now ... three months of working out should be enough.

The downside is, 1) somebody will pay him, and 2) Our offense might be good enough without the wildcard Vick could be.

BroncoBuff
06-12-2009, 01:48 PM
In college Mike could out throw a track star. I wouldn't mind if he was given an opportunity to compete.`

I feel the same way about Dan Graham, Matt McChesney and Tyler Polumbus :thumbs:

Tombstone RJ
06-12-2009, 01:50 PM
I don't mind the PR hit .... Vick could do some whack-damage as a wildcatter. a la Kordell's "Slash" for Cowher's Steelers. Mike along with Moreno and Hillis, we would soon have the most dangerous backfield in the league, even with just Orton or Simms.

I'm all for bringing him in ... speed is speed, and he's probably in decent shape anyway. It's only June now ... three months of working out should be enough.

The downside is, 1) somebody will pay him, and 2) Our offense might be good enough without the wildcard Vick could be.

I just dont see McD doing the Wildcat offense. McD's big issue right now is getting the Broncos assimilated into his Spread Offense which is a complicated system. Why would he want to make it even more complicated by trying the Wildcat?

I see the Wildcat going the way of Buddy Ryan's 4-6 defense. Once defenses know how to build an effective game plan to stop the Wildcat, it's production will be compromised.

That being said, I think Vick is perfect for the Wildcat.

BroncoBuff
06-12-2009, 01:56 PM
I just dont see McD doing the Wildcat offense. McD's big issue right now is getting the Broncos assimilated into his Spread Offense which is a complicated system. Why would he want to make it even more complicated by trying the Wildcat?
This is exactly right ... I got carried away ::)

That being said, I think Vick is perfect for the Wildcat.He sure is ... I got the feeling he's gonna burn us a time or two in black and silver the next few years.

TDmvp
06-12-2009, 05:03 PM
He will be a Bengal ... mark it down ...

Hogan11
06-12-2009, 05:09 PM

If he isn't a Bill first.....lot of talk going on in Buffalo about bringing him in.

DBroncos4life
06-12-2009, 05:15 PM
We should bring him in to visit that would steal any thunder away from the Marshall story.

Ironlung
06-12-2009, 05:34 PM
His only positive in "round one" was his scrambling ability. He's now 2 years older, 2 years out of football shape, and his opponents are younger and faster. His one advantage is now gone IMO, while his major weakness (passing) can now by definition only be worse after 2 years off.

He would still be the fastest player on the field more often than not IMO

footstepsfrom#27
06-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Lots of rumors in New Orleans that they're interested, and allegedly head coach Sean Payton is already meeting with Vick today.

http://ballhype.com/story/sean_payton_to_meet_with_vick/

Northman
06-12-2009, 06:22 PM
No

FireFly
06-12-2009, 08:26 PM
With the amount of drama we've had here over the last 6 months, Vick would be the last player I would want to see in a Broncos uniform.

Heck, even before everything that has transpired over this offseason Vick would have been the last person I would ever want to see in a bronco's uniform!

watermock
06-12-2009, 10:22 PM
I'd like the Hornheads to get rid of Tavaris and Farve and run the 'cat with Vick, Peterson and Sage.

FireFly
06-12-2009, 10:24 PM
I'd like the Hornheads to get rid of Tavaris and Farve and run the 'cat with Vick, Peterson and Sage.

Did they actually sign Farve? Geeze, I must have been living under a rock if that happened and I missed it?

FireFly
06-12-2009, 10:26 PM

I would be VERY suprised if this happened. They like us do NOT need more controversy and they already have one of the better QB's in the league.