PDA

View Full Version : OT - Real Life "Final Destination"

Beantown Bronco
06-12-2009, 06:33 AM
Those of you who have seen the movie will understand this reference:

A woman who dodged death when she and her husband narrowly missed Air France Flight 447 before it plunged into the Atlantic Ocean, killing all 228 aboard, was killed in a car accident just over a week later.

Johanna Ganthaler a retiree from the Bolzano-Bozen province, was on vacation in Brazil with her husband Kurt when the pair miraculously missed the doomed flight to Paris. But their luck ran out on an Austrian road earlier this week when their car swerved into the path of an oncoming truck outside the town of Kufstein, the Times (U.K.) reported.

Kurt Ganthaler was badly hurt in the accident.

Flight 447 disappeared from radar shortly after leaving Rio de Janeiro and is believed to have broken apart shortly after it left the airport in Brazil on May 31 with 228 people on board.

The Ganthalers flew out of the country on a flight the day after the jet went missing.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/us_world/NATL-Woman-Who-Missed-Flight-447-Killed-in-Car-Crash.html?yhp=1

broncofan7
06-12-2009, 06:52 AM
That is entirely too spooky--

vancejohnson82
06-12-2009, 06:53 AM
i thought the same thing when I read it yesterday

actually made me shiver

Mr.Meanie
06-12-2009, 09:24 AM
freaky!! wow

BABronco
06-12-2009, 09:37 AM
hmmm ... kinda makes me want to watch those again

BroncoBuff
06-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Seth MacFarlane of the show "Family Guy" missed a 9/11 flight by 20 minutes. He's still going strong.

Kid A
06-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Actually, to be like Final Destination, they would have swerved in front of the truck, survived the crash, then had leaking gas blow up the car (which they also miraculously survive), only to have a nearby forest catch on fire, causing a giant tree to crash on top of them. You simply can't die in those movies without at least three or four elaborate steps.