PDA

View Full Version : Chad Jackson

footstepsfrom#27
06-11-2009, 03:31 AM
This guy has obvious NFL talent and familiarity with this offense. He also got cut from it. If the top 3 are set...and I do believe McKinley will make this team also and obviously Gaffney...does this dude stick or get cut again? When you look at this guy you have to wonder...size, speed, hands...where's his head at though?

He was starting to come around last year. So does he make it the 2nd time around in this system or not?

meangene
06-11-2009, 04:22 AM
This guy has obvious NFL talent and familiarity with this offense. He also got cut from it. If the top 3 are set...and I do believe McKinley will make this team also and obviously Gaffney...does this dude stick or get cut again? When you look at this guy you have to wonder...size, speed, hands...where's his head at though?

He was starting to come around last year. So does he make it the 2nd time around in this system or not?

If we keep 6 receivers, I think he makes it. And I think we will keep 6 in this system.

footstepsfrom#27
06-11-2009, 05:21 AM
Trying to remember...does he return kicks?

footstepsfrom#27
06-11-2009, 06:20 AM
One thing people forget about Jackson is that injuries have been huge in limiting him up till now. He went through his rookie year with a nagging hamstring injury...something that never goes away without rest. That limited him significantly and then he tore the ACL at the end of the year, which put him out for 2007 entirely. The next year he came here...so in essence when you look at this guy, he's actually never really had a legitimate shot at getting on the field to show if he can play. The guy is a physical freak who dominated the combine and he caught a lot of balls in a spread offense at Florida. Some people have said he's dumb...I can't find a Wonderlic on him but that may not be the best indicator. Rumors get started for some reason if a guy's on the bench regardless of why he's there. In any case, I'd like to see what he does if he's healthy...assuming he gets a fair shot. Since he's been cut once at NE I wonder if that will impact how he's seen by this coach?

FireFly
06-11-2009, 07:11 AM
All I remember is that there were lots of people who thought that the pats got a steal in the draft. I don't think the fact that he has already been cut from this offense bodes well for him. Not at all. But with that being said, I'm quitely hoping he can play his way up the depth chart even to 3rd!

Beantown Bronco
06-11-2009, 07:21 AM
Some people have said he's dumb...I can't find a Wonderlic on him but that may not be the best indicator. Rumors get started for some reason if a guy's on the bench regardless of why he's there.

Brady went on record on at least one occasion stating that he often couldn't trust him to be where he was supposed to be.

supermanhr9
06-11-2009, 07:24 AM
I have seen film on this guy, and he looks legit, however before you guys jump on me, the film I have seen has been in practice, and only with shoulder pads and a helmet. I rememebr seeing him on the field last year, but nto being much of a factor, however I think he makes the team as #6. Eventually gabbar or Mckinley will flake out and I suspect he will end the season #4 barring a suspension of Marshall for some future women beating syndrome he has.

Great Idea though, lets let him return kicks?

meangene
06-11-2009, 07:43 AM
One thing people forget about Jackson is that injuries have been huge in limiting him up till now. He went through his rookie year with a nagging hamstring injury...something that never goes away without rest. That limited him significantly and then he tore the ACL at the end of the year, which put him out for 2007 entirely. The next year he came here...so in essence when you look at this guy, he's actually never really had a legitimate shot at getting on the field to show if he can play. The guy is a physical freak who dominated the combine and he caught a lot of balls in a spread offense at Florida. Some people have said he's dumb...I can't find a Wonderlic on him but that may not be the best indicator. Rumors get started for some reason if a guy's on the bench regardless of why he's there. In any case, I'd like to see what he does if he's healthy...assuming he gets a fair shot. Since he's been cut once at NE I wonder if that will impact how he's seen by this coach?

You're right. He has been severely limited by injury. Missed all of his first training camp and most of that season and then all of the next season including training camp again. It will be interesting to see how he performs when completely healthy and having the benefit of participating in training camp. I am not surprised there may have been some issues with his knowledge of the offense and timing in New England. I don't recall him returning kicks and, given his injury history, I would be reluctant to try him there for now.

cousinal11
06-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Trying to remember...does he return kicks?

He had 162 return yards last year which I think all came on kickoff returns.

supermanhr9
06-11-2009, 07:56 AM
put him there and call it good. I know he's fast and who knows, maybe we'll find ourselves a little monster returner.

Los Broncos
06-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Maybe he'll just return kicks.

footstepsfrom#27
06-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Brady went on record on at least one occasion stating that he often couldn't trust him to be where he was supposed to be.
Got a link? Not saying I don't believe it...just that a lot of stuff that starts as rumor gets codified as fact.

Thing about him is...he's probably got as much raw talent as Marshall does.

cmhargrove
06-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Got a link? Not saying I don't believe it...just that a lot of stuff that starts as rumor gets codified as fact.

Thing about him is...he's probably got as much raw talent as Marshall does.

That's a point for debate, but no matter what your talent level, you have to turn it on when the lights are on. Brandon has shown the ability to come up big in actual games (and he's had some "flops" as well). However, Brandon has already proven he's a "gamer," Jackson has not.

Give me a "gamer" over a "talented" guy any day...

BroncoBuff
06-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Some people have said he's dumb...I can't find a Wonderlic on him but that may not be the best indicator.
I've heard that, too, but then I saw him in a Boston TV interview from the '06 training camp, and he seems very bright actually. Recently he was quoted in a couple articles when McD showed up, and the quotes sounded very bright too.

This makes sense ... his speed and skills are over the top, he is a smart kid, and he knows this offense as well as any guy on our roster. But he has to run the routes correctly, especially in this offense.

The top 5 spots might seem like they're spoken for, but coming in and knowing the offense, the terminology, that gives Chad a HUGE head start. If he can't make it now, he never will.

footstepsfrom#27
06-11-2009, 09:19 AM
That's a point for debate, but no matter what your talent level, you have to turn it on when the lights are on. Brandon has shown the ability to come up big in actual games (and he's had some "flops" as well). However, Brandon has already proven he's a "gamer," Jackson has not.

Give me a "gamer" over a "talented" guy any day...
Having a torn ACL and being on the IR is a pretty good reason for not proving you're a gamer...wouldn't you say? He played his rookie season with a hamstring injury which obviously set him back, then tore the ACL while playing with the hammy.

Where would you say he had opportunity to prove anything? Marshall...BTW...still needs to show he can avoid off the field problems that might keep him, well...off the field.

Gcver2ver3
06-11-2009, 09:19 AM
i think he makes it...

McD runs so many spread formations using 3,4, and 5 WR sets...

with that many WRs needed i think it's a safe bet we go with at least 6 WRs on the active roster...

so after Marsh, Royal, Gaffney, and Stokes...the competition is pretty favorable for him...

BroncoBuff
06-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Then again, we already had our top 4 when McD made a big offer to David Anderson.

So maybe he has no faith in Chad.

footstepsfrom#27
06-11-2009, 09:24 AM
I've heard that, too, but then I saw him in a Boston TV interview from the '06 training camp, and he seems very bright actually. Recently he was quoted in a couple articles when McD showed up, and the quotes sounded very bright too.
Was he well spoken? ;D

vancejohnson82
06-11-2009, 09:55 AM
I remember thinking that we missed a big opportunity with Jackson when he was drafted...

from the things I've read about him, he can't run routes....maybe he can stretch the field for us a bit out of the slot? return kicks?

i dont know but I'm interested to find out....CMON TRAINING CAMP....GET HERE ALREADY!!!!

BroncoBuff
06-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Was he well spoken? ;D

Yeah, I seem to remember a smart, good looking kid with a big smile ... remember we were thinking ofdrafting him.

Lemme search YouTube....

BroncoBuff
06-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Ooooh no ..... not too smart after all :oyvey:

Good hands, though:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sktpjvtz9iQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sktpjvtz9iQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Spoken interview @ 1:00

lex
06-11-2009, 10:14 AM
He has talent and he is cheap. I think it goes back to what one poster said about depending on whether we have 6 WRs. Why not keep him around?

SonOfLe-loLang
06-11-2009, 10:15 AM
I'd keep an eye on Nate Swift. He can also play special teams

philiptr2
06-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Ooooh no ..... not too smart after all :oyvey:

Good hands, though:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sktpjvtz9iQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sktpjvtz9iQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Spoken interview @ 1:00

I dont think he sounded unsmart, just out of breath.

The questions were what was stupid...
How's that finger feel? What is it like in there?

How was he supposed to answer those and sound smart?

vancejohnson82
06-11-2009, 10:42 AM
I dont think he sounded unsmart, just out of breath.

The questions were what was stupid...
How's that finger feel? What is it like in there?

How was he supposed to answer those and sound smart?

with an explanation on worm holes and how aliens could travel thousands of light years by bending space...

Beantown Bronco
06-11-2009, 10:52 AM
He should've food-jacked the interview.