PDA

View Full Version : Casey Wiegmann wants extension before training camp

HEAV
06-09-2009, 10:02 AM
He's threating to retire if he doesn't get a deal.

Denver Broncos Pro Bowl center Casey Wiegmann is participating in offseason practices and workouts, but he expressed frustration that he has not been given a contract extension and indicated he might re-evaluate his future if he doesn't get a contract extension before training camp.

Wiegmann, who will turn 36 on July 20, considered retirement in the offseason. He decided to come back with one year left on his current contract, which he said wasn't an easy decision with new coach Josh McDaniels coming in with a new offensive system to learn. Wiegmann said if Mike Shanahan had remained coach, he believes he would have had a contract extension a week after last season was finished.

Wiegmann said there has been some contact between his agent and the Broncos, but there hasn't been any recent movement.

"It's not really going anywhere," Wiegmann said after a passing camp practice Monday. "It's kind of frustrating, especially when they want reliability. I'm probably one of the more reliable players. We'll see. They have another month and a half to get something done."

Training camp begins in a little more than a month and a half, in late July. When asked if he would consider coming to training camp without a contract extension, Wiegmann said he didn't know.

"It would be tough. It would be really tough," Wiegmann said. "A lot of things you have to discuss with your family, and my wife. There's also stuff that weighs in the back of your mind and what's going on, and if you can leave healthy in this game, it's always a good thing."

Wiegmann, who signed with Denver last offseason and started 16 games after Tom Nalen went down with a knee injury, is slated to make $1.145 million this season. Wiegmann did not explicitly say he would retire or stay away from training camp without a contract extension, but admitted it was possible.

"There's certain things that should happen, the way I played last year," said Wiegmann, who played in his first Pro Bowl.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said the team has had conversations with Wiegmann's representatives, but also indicated nothing is imminent.

"It is where it is," McDaniels said. "There's nothing much more to talk about. He is under contract, and if we can get something done we will."

When asked about the possibility of Wiegmann staying away from training camp or more, McDaniels didn't sound concerned.

"I'm not going to worry about it right now," McDaniels said. "We've had conversations, and we'll see what happens."

Wiegmann has started 127 straight games, which is most among NFL centers. He also said he has been at almost every offseason workout.

"I just know I've done my job here, I showed up the entire offseason program," Wiegmann said. "I missed one OTA (organized team activity) because we celebrated my dad's 60th birthday party. For a guy going into his 14th year, he shouldn't be doing all the stuff our weight coach is doing, and I've done everything. I'm just doing my part. Now I'm going to see what they're going to do."

He said he has participated in the offseason workouts because he wanted to show the Broncos he wants to play this season.

"I want to be here, but everything has to be the right situation, too," Wiegmann said

http://www.gazette.com/sports/wiegmann-56036-camp-contract.html

Bronco Rob
06-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Do it.......

What the hay.......

Hotrod
06-09-2009, 10:07 AM
I say pay the man. When your building your team around a franchise QB the Oline is wait..............

TheReverend
06-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Pay him. Please... There have been enough ****ing problems

BroncoBuff
06-09-2009, 10:10 AM
I thought we already took care of this around Pro Bowl time?

Give him a fat two year deal, he's earned. And we need him.

Smiling Assassin27
06-09-2009, 10:11 AM
I want a 14 inch wang, a lobotomy, and 10 million dollars...you can't always get what you want. but if you try sometimes, you get what you need.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Obviously, he should be paid. though i find it kind of funny that Brandon Marshall is getting reemed for the same thing and he's never been quoted (to my knowledge) of being unhappy. brandon should be paid too

lex
06-09-2009, 10:16 AM
I dont know if he's worth it considering L'steiger might actually be ready but even if L'steiger is ready, is it so bad to have some depth at OL. I mean, at 36, how expensive can this guy be?

yerner
06-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Pay him. Pay that man his money.

BroncoBuff
06-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Pay that man his money.

Pay thhhee man hees muuuny.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Cookie/CookiePhotos/OreoCookies2.jpg

broncofan2438
06-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Pay the freakn guy. All we need is more holes to fill if he gets pissed off. Orton under pressure is no good

STBumpkin
06-09-2009, 10:56 AM
I think we should pay him, and I understand how it works however...isn't he almost surely going to retire after this season? He wants us to extend a contract that he almost surely won't fullful? It's funny how the system works.

vancejohnson82
06-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I think we should pay him, and I understand how it works however...isn't he almost surely going to retire after this season? He wants us to extend a contract that he almost surely won't fullful? It's funny how the system works.

Exactly....thats the part I don't understand.

The reason he wasn't extended a week after the season is becuase reports started to surface that he may retire

TonyR
06-09-2009, 11:04 AM
...however...isn't he almost surely going to retire after this season? He wants us to extend a contract that he almost surely won't fullful? It's funny how the system works.

I was thinking the same thing. He considered retiring after the season and yet he wants an extension? How about just saying you want a raise? Might as well bring in Cuba Gooding, Jr. to do his Rod Tidwell imitation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaiSHcHM0PA

_Oro_
06-09-2009, 11:05 AM
He wants more money before he commits to the rigors of training camp and another season....

Garcia Bronco
06-09-2009, 11:06 AM
I say cut him. Twice. Mustard style.

Los Broncos
06-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Pay him please, get it done.

FISH
06-09-2009, 11:11 AM
I want a 14 inch wang....

hmmm...

sisterhellfyre
06-09-2009, 11:33 AM
I want a 14 inch wang, a lobotomy, and 10 million dollars...you can't always get what you want. but if you try sometimes, you get what you need.

Ask and ye shall receive...

http://www.sieler.com/vcf6/wang_2200.gif

Beantown Bronco
06-09-2009, 11:34 AM
He's obviously going to retire after next season, so offer him a better one year salary. Instead of the $1.1 million in unguaranteed salary he's slated to make, give him say $2.5-3.0 million and guarantee it all. That should be enough to make him happy I would think.

Doggcow
06-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Pay the man. And bring his wife!

Tombstone RJ
06-09-2009, 11:49 AM

They should just renegotiate his current contract. Give him like a $2.5m guaranteed one year deal with incentives/bonuses for reaching certain goals (number of games played, reaching the playoffs, etc.).

This way he gets his money now and the Broncos won't be stuck with dead money should he get injured or if he retires after the season.

HEAV
06-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Could make the $1.145 a signing bonus and give him a heavy incentive landen deal for 09 and a possible 2010 kicker.

uplink
06-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Pay him. Please... There have been enough ****ing problems

Agree totally, pay this guy. Of all the off-season changes, letting this guy go would be among the worst.

footstepsfrom#27
06-09-2009, 12:49 PM
I can't do much about the other two but an icepick through the eye-socket and a few twists ought to handle that lobotomy for ya just fine. ;D

kamakazi_kal
06-09-2009, 12:58 PM
what a crybaby ........ trade him.:-*

MOCRUSH
06-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Ask and ye shall receive...

http://www.sieler.com/vcf6/wang_2200.gif

LOL

Kaylore
06-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Pay him where it's loaded into this year but he's on the hook for less money in '10. I think we'll be ready to move on to Lichtensteiger or maybe even Schlueter next year.

Hotrod
06-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Pay him where it's loaded into this year but he's on the hook for less money in '10. I think we'll be ready to move on to Lichtensteiger or maybe even Schlueter next year.

I agree 100% then if Lichtensteiger does not pan out this year we could always use one of our two firsts next year to move up........err never mind

TonyR
06-09-2009, 01:24 PM
I agree 100% then if Lichtensteiger does not pan out this year we could always use one of our two firsts next year to move up........err never mind

Yes because teams always use first round picks on centers...

(And yes, I know you're being sarcastic here. Or at least I hope you are.)

ol number 7
06-09-2009, 03:37 PM
He wants more money before he commits to the rigors of training camp and another season....

Current salary and $100k for every game he suits up for . That's 1.6m scratch for his back pocket. We need all the protection for Orton/Simms and blockers for Moreno/Buck/Hillis.

elsid13
06-09-2009, 03:52 PM
I don't understand why they haven't taken care of this. Wonder if Pat put a brake on money

Ray Finkle
06-09-2009, 03:55 PM
if it is the end of training camp and nothing has happened, I would be worried...

rastaman
06-09-2009, 03:57 PM
He has no leverage at this stage in his career. Regardless of the situation he's 36 years old.

elsid13
06-09-2009, 04:11 PM
"Wiegmann said if Mike Shanahan had remained coach, he believes he would have had a contract extension a week after last season was finished."

Why did I get the feeling that some of the players were sure they were getting new contracts, which suddenly disappeared when Mcdaniels walked in.

DBroncos4life
06-09-2009, 05:33 PM
He has no leverage at this stage in his career. Regardless of the situation he's 36 years old.

Other then he is one of the best Centers in the NFL and we don't know if our 2nd year guy is any good, but other then that youre totally right.

Don Flamenco
06-09-2009, 06:28 PM
I want a 14 inch wang, a lobotomy, and 10 million dollars...

This is the Omane. Everyone's wang is around that size.

azbroncfan
06-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Since Denver is rebuilding call his bluff and tell his old ass to retire then and give Cory L. the shot.

GreatBronco16
06-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Since Denver is rebuilding call his bluff and tell his old ass to retire then and give Cory L. the shot.

Which very well may happen. I don't see McD/Xanders caving in to this.

watermock
06-09-2009, 10:53 PM
We allready paid the long snapper. Tell Weigman his probowl doen't matter..

GREAT COACHING

watermock
06-09-2009, 10:59 PM

Is that why we drafted a center?

Jeez, we are only talking 2 million here. He made the probowl.

Who is to say the seond year player is ready, especially with the new schme?

watermock
06-09-2009, 11:01 PM
In fat, I antsiipate many false saarts this year

footstepsfrom#27
06-09-2009, 11:07 PM
We allready paid the long snapper. Tell Weigman his probowl doen't matter..

GREAT COACHING
Yeah but have we paid the holder?

meangene
06-10-2009, 03:46 AM
We have a whole bunch of rookie contracts to take care of before training camp and I expect there will be bunch of signings to report of the next several weeks to include a new deal for Wiegman.

bpc
06-10-2009, 05:23 AM
Will McDaniels botch another pro bowl relationship?

_Oro_
06-10-2009, 07:55 AM
I think its terrible that seemingly every player who has a good season threatens (in so many words) to hold out if they don't get paid. fs27 posted an article on bel, mang, pioli, and mcd all "alienating" players by not giving them their raises. Then everyone wonders why NE is not in salary cap hell every year. It sucks as fans because we love these players but as a team you can't "show" everyone the money and succeed year after year.

cmhargrove
06-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Current salary and $100k for every game he suits up for . That's 1.6m scratch for his back pocket. We need all the protection for Orton/Simms and blockers for Moreno/Buck/Hillis.

I like this one.

Pay for play. He deserves the salary bump, but should be forced to "earn" it. Pay the man...

Lolad
06-10-2009, 08:23 AM
I think its terrible that seemingly every player who has a good season threatens (in so many words) to hold out if they don't get paid. fs27 posted an article on bel, mang, pioli, and mcd all "alienating" players by not giving them their raises. Then everyone wonders why NE is not in salary cap hell every year. It sucks as fans because we love these players but as a team you can't "show" everyone the money and succeed year after year.

If "the coach" feels like Kory is ready to start and play at a high level. Then we shouldn't pay him. The center is the cornerstone of the offensive line making all the calls. They just started working together last year, the cohesiveness of the unit would just be that much better if they are kept together.

_Oro_
06-10-2009, 10:02 AM
"Wiegmann said if Mike Shanahan had remained coach, he believes he would have had a contract extension a week after last season was finished."

Why did I get the feeling that some of the players were sure they were getting new contracts, which suddenly disappeared when Mcdaniels walked in.

I think mentioning Shanny out loud, let alone to the press is not a good way to try to get McD to give you a raise.

TheReverend
06-10-2009, 11:13 AM
There's gotta be a RB with an extensive injury history to his knee that we can trade him for. If not, look for another blocking TE and get the deal done!

Man-Goblin
06-10-2009, 12:44 PM
I just found out that Casey Wiegmann is dating this.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3081/2367134194_0ab3f814d4.jpg?v=0

How did I not know this???

summerdenver
06-10-2009, 12:49 PM
There's gotta be a RB with an extensive injury history to his knee that we can trade him for. If not, look for another blocking TE and get the deal done!

Are you sure we don't need another DB? Especially if someone who is 30+ and has played in AFCE is available.

scttgrd
06-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Or another good long snapper.

broncosteven
06-10-2009, 01:05 PM
I want a 14 inch wang, a lobotomy, and 10 million dollars...

I thought you had one of those 3?

TonyR
06-10-2009, 01:05 PM
There's gotta be a RB with an extensive injury history to his knee that we can trade him for.

I know you're being at least partly facetious here but feel the need to point out to those who don't follow the Eagles as closely as you do that Buckhalter has missed 4 total games the last 3 seasons. Which I suppose could either mean he's relatively healthly or overdue for another knee injury...

kappys
06-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Probably jus playing it slow and seeing what Kory brings ot the table. If he looks like a starter then we already have a backup behind him and time to let Casey go. Maybe trade him to a team that needs a center and is in competiton for a SB if he's interested.

We aren't likely to compete for a championship this year so if Kory looks ready best to get him some playing time under his belt so that in 2-3 years when we are poisd to make a realy run he will have good experience under his belt.

TheReverend
06-10-2009, 02:00 PM
I know you're being at least partly facetious here but feel the need to point out to those who don't follow the Eagles as closely as you do that Buckhalter has missed 4 total games the last 3 seasons. Which I suppose could either mean he's relatively healthly or overdue for another knee injury...

And three entire seasons out of the 5 before that...

And Philly has been actively trying to replace him for years...

And he's their "between the tackles" runner and Philly's biggest issue was converting 3rd/4th and a foot...

And ACL and Patellar tendon issues are permanent setbacks...

And despite Westbrook being nicked up each of the past three seasons, Buckhalter has been used "sparingly" (sparingly=nice term)...

And he fumbles twice as much as he scores...

azbroncfan
06-10-2009, 02:05 PM
I just found out that Casey Wiegmann is dating this.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3081/2367134194_0ab3f814d4.jpg?v=0

How did I not know this???

I thought he was married to her. I remember she was on a reality like survivor or amazing race. Can't remember exactly but he caught a trophy there.

TheReverend
06-10-2009, 02:18 PM
I thought he was married to her. I remember she was on a reality like survivor or amazing race. Can't remember exactly but he caught a trophy there.

Me too. We discussed her at length last year.

Article on how well Casey did and that he was contemplating retiring before last season and she made him realize he didn't want to go out the way he would've in KC.

DBroncos4life
06-10-2009, 02:25 PM
And three entire seasons out of the 5 before that...

And Philly has been actively trying to replace him for years...

And he's their "between the tackles" runner and Philly's biggest issue was converting 3rd/4th and a foot...

And ACL and Patellar tendon issues are permanent setbacks...

And despite Westbrook being nicked up each of the past three seasons, Buckhalter has been used "sparingly" (sparingly=nice term)...

And he fumbles twice as much as he scores...

He has 22 total TDs and 5 fumbles lost. Almost twice as much but not quite. The Eagles wanted to get rid of him so much that in 2007 they resigned him to a 2 year deal. If you go read any Eagles board when we signed Buck the fans were sad to see him leave. He was a great back up to Westbrook and they all knew that. As far as his limited touches go, Westbrook is a very good RB. You won't find many players in the NFL that get the ball as much as him running and catching out of the backfield. Buck might not be a starter but he is very good in the role that he plays and I would hope that they keep it the same for him year in Denver.

I might add in the game against Pitt when Westbrook went down, Buck played very well and samething against San Fran and the Bears. Both games he scored when WestBrook was out of the game.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-10-2009, 02:35 PM
He has 22 total TDs and 5 fumbles lost. Almost twice as much but not quite. The Eagles wanted to get rid of him so much that in 2007 they resigned him to a 2 year deal. If you go read any Eagles board when we signed Buck the fans were sad to see him leave. He was a great back up to Westbrook and they all knew that. As far as his limited touches go, Westbrook is a very good RB. You won't find many players in the NFL that get the ball as much as him running and catching out of the backfield. Buck might not be a starter but he is very good in the role that he plays and I would hope that they keep it the same for him year in Denver.

I might add in the game against Pitt when Westbrook went down, Buck played very well and samething against San Fran and the Bears. Both games he scored when WestBrook was out of the game.

QFT

TheReverend
06-10-2009, 02:41 PM

You're completely correct about the TDs. That's my mistake. 8 fumbles as a part-timer who's played sparingly in 5 seasons is no small number, though.

As for the rest of the post, I implore you to pass whatever drugs you've got. You just mentioned Philly resigned him to a whopping near vet minimum 2 year deal in 2007 (btw, largely due to the complete whiffs named Ryan Moats and Tony Hunt), yet didn't make an offer after the outstanding performances you witnessed this past season?

Fact is: He became expendable because Philly liked Lorenzo Booker better... now that's just sad.

DBroncos4life
06-10-2009, 02:50 PM
You're completely correct about the TDs. That's my mistake. 8 fumbles as a part-timer who's played sparingly in 5 seasons is no small number, though.

As for the rest of the post, I implore you to pass whatever drugs you've got. You just mentioned Philly resigned him to a whopping near vet minimum 2 year deal in 2007 (btw, largely due to the complete whiffs named Ryan Moats and Tony Hunt), yet didn't make an offer after the outstanding performances you witnessed this past season?

Fact is: He became expendable because Philly liked Lorenzo Booker better... now that's just sad.

He only lost 5 fumbles in 476 career attempts man. Thats one lost fumble for every 95 attempts. At the same time he is scoring a TD on every 26 touches so by that he would have scored 3 tds (damn near 4) for every one fumble. As far as them liking Booker better you do know that we signed Buck on his first night in Denver giving Philly NO CHANCE to even offer him anything. You know because he agreed to terms on the 27th the same day FA period started. Not only did they love Booker so much they drafted a RB high in the draft. They drafted LeSean McCoy in the second round, you know the normal round you look for a third string RB. Gone on with your Drug talk and all that blah blah blah crap you spit out some people by into it.

Beantown Bronco
06-10-2009, 02:56 PM
He only lost 5 fumbles in 476 career attempts man. Thats one lost fumble for every 95 attempts.

You are focusing in on fumbles lost and not fumbles overall. Just because a teammate jumped on his fumble, it doesn't mean he didn't do it.

How's this for a comparison:

8 fumbles in 476 touches
That's 1 for every 60 touches

"Fumble machine" Tatum Bell only fumbled once every 64 touches over his entire career.

TheReverend
06-10-2009, 02:57 PM
He only lost 5 fumbles in 476 career attempts man. Thats one lost fumble for every 95 attempts. At the same time he is scoring a TD on every 26 touches so by that he would have scored 3 tds (damn near 4) for every one fumble. As far as them liking Booker better you do know that we signed Buck on his first night in Denver giving Philly NO CHANCE to even offer him anything. Not only did they love Booker so much they drafted a RB high in the draft. They drafted LeSean McCoy in the second round, you know the normal round you look for a third string RB. Gone on with your Drug talk and all that blah blah blah crap you spit out some people by into it.

First off, fumbles lost is luck. What you care about is actual fumbles. Not how many times someone recovered it quicker than the defense could.

Secondly, you realize they had all season to re-sign him right? They don't have to wait until FA to make an offer? Or is that too complicated for you?

Thirdly, they LET HIM WALK. And they did so before drafted McCoy.

And yes, they drafted McCoy high. Why? Because their RB stable is weak, and gets weaker every year Westbrook gets older.

AND THEY STILL DIDN'T WANT BUCK.

Is that too hard for you to understand?

DBroncos4life
06-10-2009, 03:01 PM
You are focusing in on fumbles lost and not fumbles overall. Just because a player jumped on his fumble, it doesn't mean he didn't do it.

How's this for a comparison:

8 fumbles in 476 touches
That's 1 for every 60 touches

"Fumble machine" Tatum Bell only fumbled once every 64 touches.

He has 7 career fumbles not 8. 6 rushing and 1 catching. So rushing he fumbles every 79 attempts thats still 3 Tds to every 1 fumble rushing. If you want to do touches he fumbles once every 80 times he rushes or catches the ball.

DBroncos4life
06-10-2009, 03:05 PM
First off, fumbles lost is luck. What you care about is actual fumbles. Not how many times someone recovered it quicker than the defense could.

Secondly, you realize they had all season to re-sign him right? They don't have to wait until FA to make an offer? Or is that too complicated for you?

Thirdly, they LET HIM WALK. And they did so before drafted McCoy.

And yes, they drafted McCoy high. Why? Because their RB stable is weak, and gets weaker every year Westbrook gets older.

AND THEY STILL DIDN'T WANT BUCK.

Is that too hard for you to understand?

Other then tagging him how would they have stopped him from hearing other offers from teams? He wanted to have a chance at starting something no one really has when Westbrook is healthy.

Eagles | Need depth at running back - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 25 Jan 2009 06:29:59 -0800

Geoff Mosher, of The Courier-Post, reports the Philadelphia Eagles need depth at running back in 2009. RB Brian Westbrook (knee) has never made it a full 16-game season during his six-year career and every year his left knee becomes problematic. RB Correll Buckhalter, an unrestricted free agent, wants to be a starter somewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eagles | Buckhalter wants to be a starter - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 03:20:49 -0800

The Associated Press reports Philadelphia Eagles RB Correll Buckhalter, who will become an unrestricted free agent this offseason, would like to have the opportunity to start for another team. "If the opportunity presented itself, I'm going to take it," Buckhalter said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eagles | Buckhalter could be a free agent this offseason - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 19 Jan 2009 14:26:04 -0800

Frank Seravalli, of the Philadelphia Daily News reports Philadelphia Eagles RB Correll Buckhalter could become a free agent this offseason. Buckhalter said he would like a promised bigger role in an offense in 2009, whether it be with Philadelphia or another team. "Ever since I came here [in 2001], I've wanted to be a starter in this league. If the opportunity presents itself somewhere where I can start, naturally I'm going to take that. That was my goal. To play 3 years now injury free, I think it is a lot better situation coming into free agency than where I was last time. When free-agent time comes, I will try to put everything in perspective," Buckhalter said.

If you really think the Eagles didn't want to keep Buck you are crazy but there wasn't much they could do about it Westbrook on the roster.

TheReverend
06-10-2009, 03:14 PM
He has 7 career fumbles not 8. 6 rushing and 1 catching. So rushing he fumbles every 79 attempts thats still 3 Tds to every 1 fumble rushing. If you want to do touches he fumbles once every 80 times he rushes or catches the ball.

Not sure where you're getting 7 from...

http://www.nfl.com/players/correllbuckhalter/profile?id=BUC578164

TheReverend
06-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Other then tagging him how would they have stopped him from hearing other offers from teams? He wanted to have a chance at starting something no one really has when Westbrook is healthy.

If you really think the Eagles didn't want to keep Buck you are crazy but there wasn't much they could do about it Westbrook on the roster.

Because you show you want to keep someone by making them an offer...

That's how that works in pro-sports, believe it or not.

Secondly, notice how he opens himself to that possibility with your own links:

"Buckhalter said he would like a promised bigger role in an offense in 2009, whether it be with Philadelphia or another team"

Yet... no offer.

DBroncos4life
06-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Because you show you want to keep someone by making them an offer...

That's how that works in pro-sports, believe it or not.

Secondly, notice how he opens himself to that possibility with your own links:

"Buckhalter said he would like a promised bigger role in an offense in 2009, whether it be with Philadelphia or another team"

Yet... no offer.

How in the world do you know they didn't offer him a contract? Its weird that he signed with a team with no true starter instead of signing a contract with the Eagles when they still have Westbrook as the starter. He made it pretty clear that he wanted a chance to play more then sign where he thought he could do just that. It was up to him where he signed a contract at.

DBroncos4life
06-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Not sure where you're getting 7 from...

http://www.nfl.com/players/correllbuckhalter/profile?id=BUC578164

http://www.nfl.com/players/correllbuckhalter/careerstats?id=BUC578164

outdoor_miner
06-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Hey guys! Look! Maybe the sky isn't falling after all!

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-2310/Agent--Wiegmann-and-Broncos-won-t-fight.html

The agent for Denver center Casey Wiegmann said the contract discussions between the Pro Bowler and the team will not become acrimonious.

"No, that will not happen," agent Joe Linta said Wednesday. "We've had a very good experience with the Broncos and that will continue."
Linta said that Wiegmann and the Broncos are on the same page and are communicating.

"This has all been above board," Linta said. "Casey is doing it the right way. He is not staying away. He is showing up and doing it the right way. I'm certain the Broncos will, in turn, do the right thing. Both Josh McDaniels (Denver's coach) and Brian Xanders (Denver's general manager) are professionals. We feel good about dealing with them."

TheReverend
06-10-2009, 07:49 PM
How in the world do you know they didn't offer him a contract? Its weird that he signed with a team with no true starter instead of signing a contract with the Eagles when they still have Westbrook as the starter. He made it pretty clear that he wanted a chance to play more then sign where he thought he could do just that. It was up to him where he signed a contract at.

Because contract talks make the news... and I'm local... and that's why he didn't resign with the Eagles... because they didn't offer him the chance.

As for "no starter" here. We had several backs coming back from injury and signed another with Buck at the start of FA. Still wasn't enough and we used our top draft pick (but that was after he signed so that point is moot).

TheReverend
06-10-2009, 07:50 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/correllbuckhalter/careerstats?id=BUC578164

Okay. One on a kick return. I suppose it's fair to exclude that one.

tsiguy96
06-10-2009, 07:55 PM
stupidest argument ever. get over it, hes here and hes not getting cut.

BroncoBuff
06-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Weigmann is still a chef really, when you think about it.

Once you don that crayon-red and urine-yellow, you're tainted for life ... unless you win a Super Bowl like Neil Smith ;D

We shouldda kept Chris Myers ... :(

TonyR
06-10-2009, 07:59 PM

I think you have your "facts" wrong here, Rev. They like Booker so much he barely touched the ball last season. Come on, you know that. We paid Buck more than they were willing to, that's the beginning, middle, and end of the story. The Eagles draw lines in the sand and don't cross them.

I'm not particularly worried about Buckhalter. He'll be part of a rotation and at best will probably get the 3rd most touches behind Moreno and Hillis.

TheReverend
06-10-2009, 08:04 PM
I think you have your "facts" wrong here, Rev. They like Booker so much he barely touched the ball last season. Come on, you know that. We paid Buck more than they were willing to, that's the beginning, middle, and end of the story. The Eagles draw lines in the sand and don't cross them.

I'm not particularly worried about Buckhalter. He'll be part of a rotation and at best will probably get the 3rd most touches behind Moreno and Hillis.

The Eagles offered Buckhalter zero dollars. So yes, we paid more than they were willing to.

RB stable when they let Buck go:

Westbrook getting older and more injury prone
Lorenzo Booker

Also, they gave up more for Booker than they had to acquire Buck.

Now here's an important part of that organization that you're flat out missing:

The Eagles, as you well know, avoid playing players new to the system as much as possible.

AlphaOmega
06-10-2009, 08:10 PM
I say pay the man. When your building your team around a franchise QB the Oline is wait..............

That is not funny HotRod! ;)

TheReverend
06-10-2009, 08:11 PM
That is not funny HotRod! ;)

First time a woman has ever called him that without vomiting, fyi.