PDA

View Full Version : Kidney stones ****ing suck!

PaintballCLE
06-09-2009, 10:35 AM
the pain is almost as bad as that game at SD last year....****!

bfoflcommish
06-09-2009, 10:36 AM
yes! i had an attack about 7 years ago and would not wish one on an enemy.

keep hydrated at all times!!!!!!

Popps
06-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Holy crap. Good luck IBOAB. Hang in there.

bronco610
06-09-2009, 10:40 AM

Thats from not drinking enough..........

Beer!!!

Garcia Bronco
06-09-2009, 10:50 AM
I passed one. It wasn't that bad.

bronco militia
06-09-2009, 10:53 AM

they're always bad.....

vancejohnson82
06-09-2009, 10:59 AM
jeez...

I think about this almost everyday because i know I'm going to get one eventually...

i4jelway7
06-09-2009, 11:15 AM
i've had 1 and would not wish them on anyone... it doesn't hurt when you pass the stone what hurts is when the stone is moving thru your tubes to get out.... OUCH is all I can say.. worst pain ever.. drink tons of water.. bad thing is too once you get one you better prepare b/c you WILL get another one.

TheManeMan
06-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Back in '06 i had 7 different stones pass in a 2 month span...worst pain imaginable. Vicodins were pretty much worthless. Only thing that help ease the pain was going to the hospital for drugs.

good luck man. cut out the sodium in your diet. its been 3 years since i've last had one. **knock on wood**

I was told it was due to a high sodium count and dehydration.

Garcia Bronco
06-09-2009, 11:44 AM
I didn't take any pain meds either. I have an addictive personality. I couldn't sfford, in my mind, to opo pills for pain. Not....not after Brett Favre.

broncofan2438
06-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Too much soda and protein I heard. Our friend just got them

Hang in there bud

Garcia Bronco
06-09-2009, 11:46 AM
jeez...

I think about this almost everyday because i know I'm going to get one eventually...

cranberry juice. Drink it.

Garcia Bronco
06-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Too much soda and protein I heard. Our friend just got them

Hang in there bud

You can get them from drinking water as well. Especially if it's mineral content is high. Like calcium.

loborugger
06-09-2009, 12:16 PM

Mine was so painful, it was like a religious experience. I saw back thru time. I found the only comfort I could find was pacing. I wore a pattern into the carpet and put blisters on my feet as I was barefoot. And when the pain finally subsided, I passed out.

Good luck. Here's to not getting another one.

Los Broncos
06-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Dam, that sounds like it hurts, hang tough guy.

bfoflcommish
06-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Mine was so painful, it was like a religious experience. I saw back thru time. I found the only comfort I could find was pacing. I wore a pattern into the carpet and put blisters on my feet as I was barefoot. And when the pain finally subsided, I passed out.

Good luck. Here's to not getting another one.

pacing? man i was doubled over in pain forget even thinking about walking.

alkemical
06-09-2009, 12:21 PM
they're always bad.....

he could always take a picture of the one he passed.... and show it to us.

summerdenver
06-09-2009, 12:26 PM
I went through the pain 10 years ago it was very painful.

What did the doctors advise you to do? surgery?

HILife
06-09-2009, 12:39 PM

Did it look like these?
http://www8.utsouthwestern.edu/vgn/images/portal/cit_1801/2/6/478448kidney_stone.jpg

Borks147
06-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Did it look like these?
http://www8.utsouthwestern.edu/vgn/images/portal/cit_1801/2/6/478448kidney_stone.jpg

"Agony" looks like it was created to cause pain. Jesus

eddie mac
06-09-2009, 02:02 PM
I had one for about 3 months then after it was lasered had this stuck up inside my urethra for another 8 weeks.

http://www.comprehensive-kidney-facts.com/images/UretericStent.jpg

Lets just hope your ureter tube between your kidney and bladder isn't as narrow as mine was cos it's an utter bastard.

vancejohnson82
06-09-2009, 02:05 PM
I had one for about 3 months then after it was lasered had this stuck up inside my urethra for another 8 weeks.

Lets just hope your ureter tube between your kidney and bladder isn't as narrow as mine was cos it's an utter bastard.

please telll me that not true....

Kaylore
06-09-2009, 02:08 PM
I have had two women tell me that kidney stones hurt worse than unmedicated child birth so now when some woman says "you don't know pain" you can say "yes I do, kiss my ass!"

Malcontent
06-09-2009, 02:10 PM

Thats 18th century torture right there....

Man-Goblin
06-09-2009, 02:12 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh!@#@$%. Why did I have to open the kidney stone thread.

TheManeMan
06-09-2009, 02:12 PM
I have had two women tell me that kidney stones hurt worse than unmedicated child birth so now when some woman says "you don't know pain" you can say "yes I do, kiss my ass!"

I tell them I've had 7 kids...Ha!

Northman
06-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Yep, i had one a few years ago. Sucked bigtime.

Garcia Bronco
06-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Did it look like these?

I actaully had it me freshmen year at Tech. I ended up going to the Hospital in Christiansburg and they siad there was nothing they could really do based on where it was in the process. I passed it at a taco bell and never felt better.

Garcia Bronco
06-09-2009, 02:54 PM
If you've never had one it feels like rabbit punches to you kidneys and it doesn't subside for many hours at a time.

bombay
06-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Painful as hell. That and a separated shoulder (plus some tooth pain) are far and away the worst pain I recall.

KansasBronco
06-09-2009, 03:22 PM
I've had at least 10 of them. Three of them have taken me to the emergency room. Some hurt worse than others. Worst pain ever!

Gnomeflinger
06-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Gall stone attacks don't tickle either. I ended up having to have my gall bladder removed.

loborugger
06-09-2009, 03:33 PM
pacing? man i was doubled over in pain forget even thinking about walking.

In my case, doubled over - which I tried - hurt worse than sorta standing up straight and pacing. Its like it spread the pain thru the body... but everyone's experience is different. One of my co-worker's brothers was found passed out on the bathroom floor in puddle of his own urine after a blood curdling scream was heard.

27atwater
06-09-2009, 03:38 PM
mine hurt like hell. i wanted to vomit. luckily for me mine passed just after I took the pain pill, so I was feeling doubly good afterwards.

ElwayMD
06-09-2009, 03:46 PM
I actaully had it me freshmen year at Tech. I ended up going to the Hospital in Christiansburg and they siad there was nothing they could really do based on where it was in the process. I passed it at a taco bell and never felt better.

I bet you passed more than a kidney stone if you went to Taco Bell.

Garcia Bronco
06-09-2009, 03:49 PM
I bet you passed more than a kidney stone if you went to Taco Bell.

LOL. It was before we ate.

The last mile is easy. It's that other 99 percent that's damn near impossible.

no-pseudo-fan
06-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Gall stone attacks don't tickle either. I ended up having to have my gall bladder removed.

I miss my gall bladder. I don't want to have a kidney stone, seeing the pictures above.

TheManeMan
06-09-2009, 04:21 PM
I've had at least 10 of them. Three of them have taken me to the emergency room. Some hurt worse than others. Worst pain ever!

With the 7 I've passed, 3 of them took me to the ER. 2 on the ride side, and 1 on the left side.

In my case, doubled over - which I tried - hurt worse than sorta standing up straight and pacing. Its like it spread the pain thru the body... but everyone's experience is different. One of my co-worker's brothers was found passed out on the bathroom floor in puddle of his own urine after a blood curdling scream was heard.

First time I got mine, was early morning of New Years Day I think '04. I thought I had to use the restroom, pain started on my lower back (right side) sat down, nothing doing, stood up and the pain got worse, kneeled over and the pain was constant. It seriously felt like someone was continously stabbing me in that region with a sharp knife. It got to a point where I started vomiting cuz of the shock of the pain, and yes, even started crying. I never in my life felt anything remotely close to the pain that caused. The other ones I ended up having on my right side didnt hurt as much cuz the first one defintely made some room in that tiny tiny passage for his brethern to follow. The one on my left side happened while at work, I started throwing up all over the place and was taken to the hospital across the street.

The worst thing about the 2nd one that happened was a few days after the first, it was Jan 4. 2004. Colts - Broncos Wilcard game. I had to sit there and watch the game as the stone was passing. One of the worst days in my life thats forsure.

Requiem
06-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Well, look at the bright side. At least you do not have kidney disease like your good friend Requiem!

ol number 7
06-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Dam, that sounds like it hurts, hang tough guy.

They are as painful as it is to wake up in the morning and realize your Bob the Information Minister.

eddie mac
06-09-2009, 06:52 PM

100% true.

I was off work for over a year as I had further unrelated surgeries after the stent was removed. Only went back 5 weeks ago.

The stone was originally 1.5 cm in diameter which is apparently quite big. The original laser surgery only blasted the stone into smaller particles but because my urethra (tube between the kidney and bladder on the right side was only 2mm wide they had to stretch it with that ****er.

It was actually more painful having that thing in because everytime you moved it was like someone sticking a knife in your stomach.

You want a real laugh too, the pain has come back on the right side as well and I'd lay odds I have another stone again.:D

eddie mac
06-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Well, look at the bright side. At least you do not have kidney disease like your good friend Requiem!

Feel for you bro. My mate had to have a kidney transplant last week (via his sister), we're just waiting to hear if he takes to it okay.

Ramathorn
06-09-2009, 07:09 PM
dude that totally sucks. Sorry to hear it. At least it didnt happen sat.

gunns
06-09-2009, 07:13 PM

I had one back in 87, didn't know that's what it was and had the pain a couple more times over the years. Went to the Dr's for pneumonia and the xray showed my diapraham pushed up. Did a cat scan and found one of the biggest kidney stones they had ever seen. Did 3 rounds of laser and finally surgery. Was pissing sand for days. The worst part of the whole thing? That damn stint! I told them after the first time I would never have one of those things again.

But let me say fellows, the pain of passing a kidney stone is nothing compared to labor. Try passing something that's 7 pounds! Those women that talked with you Kaylore are NUTS! I had two natural childbirths....I'd rather pass 20 kidney stones as go thru one of those again.

PaintballCLE
06-09-2009, 07:30 PM
I had one back in 87, didn't know that's what it was and had the pain a couple more times over the years. Went to the Dr's for pneumonia and the xray showed my diapraham pushed up. Did a cat scan and found one of the biggest kidney stones they had ever seen. Did 3 rounds of laser and finally surgery. Was pissing sand for days. The worst part of the whole thing? That damn stint! I told them after the first time I would never have one of those things again.

But let me say fellows, the pain of passing a kidney stone is nothing compared to labor. Try passing something that's 7 pounds! Those women that talked with you Kaylore are NUTS! I had two natural childbirths....I'd rather pass 20 kidney stones as go thru one of those again.

i think it might be differnt for guys.........because this is my second one........... i would rather get shot with a 9mm then deal with these ****ers again

Garcia Bronco
06-09-2009, 07:36 PM
i think it might be differnt for guys.........because this is my second one........... i would rather get shot with a 9mm then deal with these ****ers again

Pussy

PaintballCLE
06-09-2009, 07:38 PM
p***Y

yes, i love it!

Dr. Broncenstein
06-09-2009, 07:54 PM

That's a ureteral stent.... it facilitates drainage from the kidney to the bladder in the ureter. Not the urethra. It has to be placed via a cystoscope, which goes through the urethra into the bladder to access the ureter.

OBF1
06-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Hey....Did you hear, It is Bronco Stevens birthday today :thumbs:

BroncoDoug
06-09-2009, 11:57 PM

what are the differences between a kidney stone and a gall stone. A guy at work is hospitalized because of a gall stone, and he had his gall bladder removed about 8 months ago.. What causes all that?

vancejohnson82
06-10-2009, 08:38 AM

I think its unfair to compare childbirth to anything....because you get a result.

It sucks passing something through your body or having a 3 hour labor intensive, painful procedure and getting nothing. WIthout going into specifics I had syringes put everywhere in my body from the inside of my nose cavity to the inside of my anus...all in all it was about 10-12 injections and it took about an hour and a half...it was the worst

philiptr2
06-10-2009, 11:17 AM
I've passed lots of kidney stones, beginning when I was 22 years old. Only the first 5 or so were painful.

I have the jagged kind. For my first one, my doc told me that he had seen bigger, but never any this big and this jagged. It looked like the "goat heads" that get stuck in your shoes when you walk through a field of weeds.

That first one took me about a month to pass. I had "kidney stone attacks" about every 4 days durring that time. Spent a lot of time in the ER getting pain meds.

My doctor also teases me that I am the only one he has ever seen that has passed one on each side at the same time.

Look at the bright side...now my innards are all streached out, and I can pass them with ease (relatively speaking). Now when I pass them, I have some discomfort in my side/back. I usually feel sick for a day like I am going to puke, then the next day, I piss it out.

One time I ran out of urine while it was on the way out and it got stuck in my, um... "unit." That was a little painful, and very tender to the touch. I had to start drinking glass after glass of water until I could pee again.

Quoydogs
06-10-2009, 11:32 AM
I've passed lots of kidney stones, beginning when I was 22 years old. Only the first 5 or so were painful.

I have the jagged kind. For my first one, my doc told me that he had seen bigger, but never any this big and this jagged. It looked like the "goat heads" that get stuck in your shoes when you walk through a field of weeds.

That first one took me about a month to pass. I had "kidney stone attacks" about every 4 days durring that time. Spent a lot of time in the ER getting pain meds.

My doctor also teases me that I am the only one he has ever seen that has passed one on each side at the same time.

Look at the bright side...now my innards are all streached out, and I can pass them with ease (relatively speaking). Now when I pass them, I have some discomfort in my side/back. I usually feel sick for a day like I am going to puke, then the next day, I piss it out.

One time I ran out of urine while it was on the way out and it got stuck in my, um... "unit." That was a little painful, and very tender to the touch. I had to start drinking glass after glass of water until I could pee again.
Man that sucks, the only time I ever saw my dad cry. He is the type were you just don't cry. I would not wish them upon anyone. Sorry to all that have had them.

eddie mac
06-10-2009, 03:16 PM
That's a ureteral stent.... it facilitates drainage from the kidney to the bladder in the ureter. Not the urethra. It has to be placed via a cystoscope, which goes through the urethra into the bladder to access the ureter.

Thanks Doc. I meant the ureter.