View Full Version : Torain back on the field now

footstepsfrom#27
06-09-2009, 12:46 AM
Want to see if he can make a comeback or not...if healthy he could earn a spot

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12549590

Torain on field for first time since injury

The Denver Post
Posted: 06/09/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

Near the end of the passing camp workout Monday, a Broncos player in a No. 42 jersey came out to participate in wind sprints. It was an all-too- unfamiliar sight.

Since running back Ryan Torain arrived at Broncos headquarters by way of the fifth round in the 2008 draft, he has spent most of his time out of uniform, behind the closed doors of the training room, recovering from injury.

"I'm just trying to stay positive," Torain said. "I'm loving life right now. I'm just happy to be here."

A great outlook for a tailback who can't seem to catch a break, unless it's to one of his limbs. Torain was moving up the depth chart last year when he suffered a dislocated left elbow during a training camp drill. There went the first half of the season. He flashed special ability in the first half of the Broncos' ninth game against Cleveland, gaining 68 yards on 12 carries. But before halftime, he suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

There went the second half of the season. Torain's appearance Monday was his first with the team since his knee injury. Will he be ready by training camp in late July?

"No timetable," he said. "The knee feels good, though."

Popps
06-09-2009, 12:47 AM
I was going to make the first injury joke, but as a courtesy, I'll let someone else...

Broncosfreak_56
06-09-2009, 01:08 AM
Break a leg, Ryan Torain.

*cough*

ZONA
06-09-2009, 01:20 AM
I was going to make the first injury joke, but as a courtesy, I'll let someone else...

The writer already took the honors..........

A great outlook for a tailback who can't seem to catch a break, unless it's to one of his limbs.