PDA

View Full Version : PFW : AFC West offseason team reports

Bronco Rob
06-07-2009, 07:39 AM
Denver Broncos

Mission accomplished: If Josh McDaniels’ goal was to remodel the Broncos drastically in short order, he certainly has done that. Denver has a new starting quarterback, new faces throughout its defense and a new franchise running back, in all likelihood. The Broncos started the offseason by signing a slew of players within the first few weeks of free agency, adding three veteran running backs and a defensive leader in S Brian Dawkins. McDaniels encountered his first crisis as a head coach, one some would argue was of his own making, when communication broke down between the team and Jay Cutler after about a month of feuding between Cutler and McDaniels. The first-time head coach settled the feud by trading Cutler to the Bears for Kyle Orton and three draft picks, including first-rounders this year and next. McDaniels found that franchise back in Knowshon Moreno with his first pick in the draft and a defensive building block in DE-OLB Robert Ayers with the first-round pick he acquired from Chicago.

Unfinished business: One of the more pressing concerns still lingering in Denver is whether or not WR Brandon Marshall, a repeat violator of the league’s personal-conduct policy, will receive a suspension. It appeared that he was headed for a lengthy suspension after he was arrested for disorderly conduct in March, but the charge against him was dismissed and there has been no word from the league on any official punishment. It’s conceivable that he won’t face any time off. The Broncos have yet to name a starting quarterback, allowing Orton and Chris Simms to battle for the job, although Orton is considered the front-runner. There are also several personnel issues that must be sorted out on defense as Denver moves to a 3-4 scheme.

For the rest of the West.....http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/NFL+Features/2009/offafcwest.htm

:sunshine:

Spider
06-07-2009, 08:25 AM
well hell I was on board when Red Miller came , on board when Dan Reeves came , on board when Shanny came back , Might as wel be on board now ......... Go McD

Pat Bowlen
06-07-2009, 09:39 AM
well hell I was on board when Red Miller came , on board when Dan Reeves came , on board when Shanny came back , Might as wel be on board now ......... Go McD
Bless you.

Atlas
06-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Bless you.

You suck.

orinjkrush
06-07-2009, 11:58 AM
One thing is for damn sure, this IS McD's team now that JayC got chopped.

telluride
06-07-2009, 11:59 AM

You forgot Wade!

BroncoMan4ever
06-07-2009, 01:09 PM

Same boat here, only not as far back in history. was cool with Reeves, hated Wade but still rooted for him, on board with Shany and am still on board with McD.

Spider
06-07-2009, 01:40 PM
You forgot Wade!

Wade never happened ........

Spider
06-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Same boat here, only not as far back in history. was cool with Reeves, hated Wade but still rooted for him, on board with Shany and am still on board with McD.

;D yeah I wasnt wild about Wade as a HC , I wanted him to stay DC , he was the best one we had Since Collier , I would put Wade #2 all time Denver DC ....

BroncoMan4ever
06-07-2009, 02:39 PM
;D yeah I wasnt wild about Wade as a HC , I wanted him to stay DC , he was the best one we had Since Collier , I would put Wade #2 all time Denver DC ....

Wade is a guy who needs to remain nothing more than a DC. same as Nolan. both are really great defensive minds, but they just are not meant to be HC

Paladin
06-07-2009, 02:46 PM
They should have given Mac Speedy another year.......

WoodMan
06-07-2009, 02:51 PM
So, Jeff Garcia is back in the bay area. hmmmmm?
It seems like Al Davis just gets better and better with age.
Just like a fine chokeland whine! 3-13!

Spider
06-07-2009, 03:06 PM
They should have given Mac Speedy another year.......

Thats a name I havent heard in years

Paladin
06-07-2009, 03:10 PM
It is a bit homeresque to not think that Garcia can be helpful to the Faider O. He can. But I think the Fat Boy will be much better this year, and can become a pretty fair threat as a QB. Taking off the homer glasses, the Faiders should be improved enough to be a threat to SD, KFC, and Denver. What they will actually do will be seen. I just hope they beat the mullets and the sparkies.....

Paladin
06-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Thats a name I havent heard in years

I go back to Frank Filchock

Spider
06-07-2009, 03:14 PM
I go back to Frank Filchock

damn how much do you spend on depends on an average week ? ;D

Kaylore
06-07-2009, 03:26 PM
You suck.

Bears fan.

BroncoMan4ever
06-07-2009, 04:17 PM
It is a bit homeresque to not think that Garcia can be helpful to the Faider O. He can. But I think the Fat Boy will be much better this year, and can become a pretty fair threat as a QB. Taking off the homer glasses, the Faiders should be improved enough to be a threat to SD, KFC, and Denver. What they will actually do will be seen. I just hope they beat the mullets and the sparkies.....

with that in mind i just hope that McDaniels realizes just how important these games against Oakland are in th eyes of the fans. even since Oakland has sucked for the better part of a decade now, we fans still get incredibly amped up for Raider week, and i just hope he realizes that that is going to be a pair of games that he needs to really have his A game and have the team ready to go.

Broncos4Life
06-08-2009, 02:54 AM
One thing is for damn sure, this IS McD's team now that JayC got chopped.
The way it should be.JayC the primadonna could really mess that Bears team up.funny thing is my fiance's team is the Bears and she watched almost every Brocos game with me last year and she"s not too excited about him.Either is her mother.

TheReverend
06-08-2009, 03:07 AM
Bears fan.

Addressed. I will stand for no Atlas bashing.

:notthissh

Kaylore
06-08-2009, 03:18 AM
Addressed. I will stand for no Atlas bashing.

:notthissh

Anyone that wishes for another team to win, when it will directly contribute to hurting our ability to improve should have their fandom called into question.

TheReverend
06-08-2009, 04:12 AM
Anyone that wishes for another team to win, when it will directly contribute to hurting our ability to improve should have their fandom called into question.

Myopic view towards a guy that has gone out of his way to burn and mail DVDs of classic bronco games to the bronco fan community for free.

On the same level of people attacking you for camp reports (yes, I'm semi guilty... I get the hypocrisy).

Kaylore
06-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Myopic view towards a guy that has gone out of his way to burn and mail DVDs of classic bronco games to the bronco fan community for free.

On the same level of people attacking you for camp reports (yes, I'm semi guilty... I get the hypocrisy).

I guess I'm a little hurt that Atlas would say something like that. He's on par with Meck and other Super Fans IMO. That he would hope that Bears go to the super bowl is like hoping the Broncos picks bust to me. I find it horrifying. I think when you're a fan you want the team to do well and that includes circumstances that can help the team improve. Wishing for those circumstances to worsen thus causing the team to have fewer resources to improve is horrible.

Paladin
06-08-2009, 01:29 PM
damn how much do you spend on depends on an average week ? ;D

Nothing. Organs are good to go......

Paladin
06-08-2009, 01:31 PM
I guess I'm a little hurt that Atlas would say something like that. He's on par with Meck and other Super Fans IMO. That he would hope that Bears go to the super bowl is like hoping the Broncos picks bust to me. I find it horrifying. I think when you're a fan you want the team to do well and that includes circumstances that can help the team improve. Wishing for those circumstances to worsen thus causing the team to have fewer resources to improve is horrible.

I second what he said......

TheReverend
06-08-2009, 01:37 PM

I get that, but he's no calling the shots. Criticizing peoples reactions to a tumultuous off-season is counter productive imo. I can completely see where he's coming from. After a decade of mediocre to flat out bad QBs, we finally had our franchise signal caller. Spent three years and thousands of posts becoming emotionally involved with his progression. Because he got shipped out of town doesn't make him a villain. I know we get a better pick if Chi tanks, but I'd love to see him succeed.

In fact, I think I'd like to see them win the Superbowl and Lovie gets a new long term deal for fear of the scenario that he gets canned and Shanny gets hired. That would be... ugh... beyond words.

broncofan7
06-08-2009, 02:46 PM

Some of us are hoping Jay tears his MCL, ACL and PCL after tripping over a stray dog while on a night out of binge drinking with Greg Olsen. Then maybe we can trade Orton back to the Bears for a #1 in 2011 ;)