PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Song Choice!?!

phibacka31
06-06-2009, 07:24 PM
I know this is completely random, but I'm planning on auditioning for American Idol in a couple of weeks in Chicago. I was just wondering if any of you had any song ideas that you think would be good choices. I am a baritone/tenor 2 I can full voice to an F or possibly a G above middle C and I have a good low range. Any ideas would be great. THANKS!!!

ayjackson
06-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Baby Beluga - Raffi?

Bronx33
06-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Dead kennedys: To drunk to ****

loborugger
06-06-2009, 07:30 PM
I got a suggestion.

Ditch that crap show. If you have real talent, it will shine thru in some other manner. If you dont have talent, well then you avoid being clowned by Simon and three other ring masters on national TV.

Ya know, people broke into the music industry before that turd debut on TV.

my .2 cents.

OABB
06-06-2009, 07:31 PM
I know this is completely random, but I'm planning on auditioning for American Idol in a couple of weeks in Chicago. I was just wondering if any of you had any song ideas that you think would be good choices. I am a baritone/tenor 2 I can full voice to an F or possibly a G above middle C and I have a good low range. Any ideas would be great. THANKS!!!

Just stick your tongue out and scream like an alley cat being raped. It worked for Adam Lambert.

phibacka31
06-06-2009, 07:35 PM
LOL!!!

Loborugger believe me I completely agree, but I thought I might just see what I could do. I am a commercial music(pretty much rockstar major) major at Millikin University, so even if I was turned away I would still pursue my dream of making music. I will be finishing a cd in the fall, too...

HILife
06-06-2009, 07:45 PM
"It's raining men"

Or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

loborugger
06-06-2009, 07:47 PM
LOL!!!

Loborugger believe me I completely agree, but I thought I might just see what I could do. I am a commercial music(pretty much rockstar major) major at Millikin University, so even if I was turned away I would still pursue my dream of making music. I will be finishing a cd in the fall, too...

Well, my friend, good luck.

I have karaoked with my family, and it turns out I have NO TALENT. Who knew?

Here's to 2 things... 1. You not getting clowned by the circus leaders. and 2. Utilizing your talent to do something good.

My family likes that show, and how I do dislike it.

Gnomeflinger
06-06-2009, 07:49 PM
You Raise Me Up

OABB
06-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Well, my friend, good luck.

I have karaoked with my family, and it turns out I have NO TALENT. Who knew?

Here's to 2 things... 1. You not getting clowned by the circus leaders. and 2. Utilizing your talent to do something good.

My family likes that show, and how I do dislike it.

I like the show, I know a lot of people whose hate for it is comical. I bet if the show wasn't as popular, no one would "hate" it. It's well done, well produced, but the talent level has gone down so much these last few years.

I think I am done with it after watching the love fest for average at best performers.

When it started it was a great stage for undiscovered talent, but now most of these kids already have record deals or decent careers going.

Enough about this show though, staying on topic...

sing that "ugly" song by staind...

broncocalijohn
06-06-2009, 07:53 PM
They love it when someone sings Whitney Houston or Celine Deion. I KNOW you can hit those high notes. If not, Skynard works best. Also, where a broncos jersey so we know it is you we will be laughing , I mean, rooting for.

Spider
06-06-2009, 07:54 PM
NSFW ........................ But here is one I would like to hear ....
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j5-TNdG6gjY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j5-TNdG6gjY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gnomeflinger
06-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Oh oh I know. O Little Town of Bethlehem to the tune of House of the Rising Sun.

loborugger
06-06-2009, 08:01 PM
I like the show, I know a lot of people whose hate for it is comical. I bet if the show wasn't as popular, no one would "hate" it. It's well done, well produced, but the talent level has gone down so much these last few years.

I think I am done with it after watching the love fest for average at best performers.

When it started it was a great stage for undiscovered talent, but now most of these kids already have record deals or decent careers going.

Ya, no doubt.

Folks like Mozart, Aretha Franklin, Eddie Van Halen, and Aaron Copland would have never been discovered without that televised idiotic crap.

I dislike it cuz its like the lottery. People watch that crap and think, "Wow, if I just have a little luck and a chance, I too will be a millionaire." Sorry, wont happen.

But, then outside of sports, I dont watch TV. And everyone once in a while, as my wife and daughter are watching that shlock as I pass thru the living room, and I hear some clown butchering someone else's song, I just shudder and move on. It reduces pop culture to even a lower level. But thats just me.

Somebody else here really hit the nail on the head - you dont get famous singing someone else's songs.

Alright, so I have a drink or two, I am getting preachy, and its time to drop it.

OABB
06-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Ya, no doubt.

Folks like Mozart, Aretha Franklin, Eddie Van Halen, and Aaron Copland would have never been discovered without that televised idiotic crap.

I dislike it cuz its like the lottery. People watch that crap and think, "Wow, if I just have a little luck and a chance, I too will be a millionaire." Sorry, wont happen.

But, then outside of sports, I dont watch TV. And everyone once in a while, as my wife and daughter are watching that shlock as I pass thru the living room, and I hear some clown butchering someone else's song, I just shudder and move on. It reduces pop culture to even a lower level. But thats just me.

Somebody else here really hit the nail on the head - you dont get famous singing someone else's songs.

Alright, so I have a drink or two, I am getting preachy, and its time to drop it.

truer words were never spoken...

Gnomeflinger
06-06-2009, 08:18 PM
There have been some good talent that came from that show, i.e. Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood. Most everyone else is no more talented than the person standing next to them. I like the show. I hate hate hate the results shows, but the performances sometimes are really good.

But hey, if anything, it's good experience if you want to get into the music business. If you can handle the American Idol stuff, you can handle about anything in that business.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-06-2009, 09:24 PM

I used to work on Idol and always respected its power. Its not a show, its a phenomenon. There are plenty of sociological reasons for it and I think the timing of it was just as important as anything to its success. Anyway, its def. gone downhill a bit, but nothing stays good forever.

And for these auditions, you dont actually go in front of the judges. Its like a cattle call and from these tryouts, then they pick people to go in front of the judges from there.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-06-2009, 09:26 PM
There have been some good talent that came from that show, i.e. Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood. Most everyone else is no more talented than the person standing next to them. I like the show. I hate hate hate the results shows, but the performances sometimes are really good.

But hey, if anything, it's good experience if you want to get into the music business. If you can handle the American Idol stuff, you can handle about anything in that business.

Anyone who actually makes the show is talented. They all have voices, though some kind of choke under the pressure. Also, the show has created a lot more stars than Kelly and Carrie. hell they even created an oscar winner

Agree with you on the results show. Its a 3 minute show they expand to an hour. Tivo is good for that:)

sisterhellfyre
06-06-2009, 10:16 PM

Stay far, far away from "Swing Low Sweet Chariot" and "Let My People Go."

Memento
06-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Can you do justice to Bono's take on an Elvis classic?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QG9wJu1Fm2A&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QG9wJu1Fm2A&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hogan11
06-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Oh oh I know. O Little Town of Bethlehem to the tune of House of the Rising Sun.

Do the infamous Elvis Hitler thing of singing the lyrics of the Green Acres theme to the music of Jimi Hendrix's Purple Haze....always good for a laugh and it's a strong possibility that nobody on that show has ever heard either tune.

_Oro_
09-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Sooooooooooo did you win ?

Edit: My wife is curious...

Arkie
09-25-2009, 07:38 PM
NSFW ........................ But here is one I would like to hear ....
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j5-TNdG6gjY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j5-TNdG6gjY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It says the video was removed by the user. I want to know if Garry Lee is the same guy from south Missouri because I know him.

TexanBob
09-25-2009, 07:57 PM
There was somebody else on this board trying out for AI a few weeks ago. It depends on if you want your 15 minutes of fame or not. If so, dress up like a total freak and say truly outrageous things and you'll be guaranteed some air time. If you're really serious about a career in music, watch the past two seasons and see what music scores the best and tailor your act to that. Good luck.

McDman
09-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Nine Inch Nails "Closer".