PDA

View Full Version : Art Bell is On Tonight

Broncojef
06-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Had a thread the other day and was surprised how many of you were Coast to Coast fans. Art is Hosting tonight (Saturday) in place of Ian Punnett..11PM-3AM MST (KHOW630AM for those of you who want to listen locally)

Spying & Espionage
Filling in for Ian Punnett, Art Bell will chat with experimental nuclear physicist Dr. Bob Koontz about anti-gravity propulsion, Tesla technology, UFOs, free energy, the breakdown of electrodynamics, and the physics of Art's massive ham radio antenna.

DeusExManning
06-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Sweet!

telluride
06-06-2009, 12:59 PM
I was on his show once. Long story. But man, there are some wacky folk that call in.

DeusExManning
06-06-2009, 01:00 PM
I like both George Noory and Art Bell. People can say all they want. Of course sometimes Coast to Coast deals with ridiculous topics but overall they have extremely intelligent guests and a really great group of listeners. I especially like it when they break down the economy and when George gives his brief news run down and the begining of the show it is really well done.

Broncojef
06-06-2009, 01:04 PM
I was on his show once. Long story. But man, there are some wacky folk that call in.

Wow!!! Never got up the gumption to ever call-in. You're right though it runs the gammit of folks on his show. I like the fact his show is an open forum where Art listens and gives people the ability to think and talk about things most people laugh at or secretly wonder and is never touched by mainstream media sources. Art's the master interviewer too, I really miss him every night.

telluride
06-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Wow!!! Never got up the gumption to ever call-in. You're right though it runs the gammit of folks on his show. I like the fact his show is an open forum where Art listens and gives people the ability to think and talk about things most people laugh at or secretly wonder and is never touched by mainstream media sources. Art's the master interviewer too, I really miss him every night.

I was actually the guest. Took calls for an hour. Crazy, crazy stuff. But it was entertaining. I always wondered how many of the callers were just goofing, and how many were serious.

DeusExManning
06-06-2009, 01:46 PM
I was actually the guest. Took calls for an hour. Crazy, crazy stuff. But it was entertaining. I always wondered how many of the callers were just goofing, and how many were serious.

That is so crazy. Do you have book?

telluride
06-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Yep. It had only the thinnest possible connection to the Art Bell universe, but my publicists were in love with the enormous size of his audience. So I went on, and fielded questions. It was really kind of entertaining, in an X-Files sort of way. I was on NPR the next day, and the contrast between the two audiences was hilarious.

Ah, good times.

BroncoBuff
06-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Yep. It had only the thinnest possible connection to the Art Bell universe, but my publicists were in love with the enormous size of his audience. So I went on, and fielded questions. It was really kind of entertaining, in an X-Files sort of way. I was on NPR the next day, and the contrast between the two audiences was hilarious.

Ah, good times.

Do tell ... give us an amazon link.

BroncoBuff
06-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Best thing about Art Bell was his music. I love "One Velvet Morning" by Nancy and Lee Hazelton.

But Art was/is just about the weakest, most softball interviewer ever. He seemes to lose energy as the night went on ... like a dead-tired security guard on the graveyard shift. And sometimes he would permit some truly disturbed guests to go on and on and on.

Popps
06-06-2009, 02:38 PM
The best thing about Art Bell is when Phil Hendrie used to do his impression skits on his show. Just awesome.

SureShot
06-06-2009, 02:39 PM

Are the guy that can predict earth quakes?Ha!

telluride
06-06-2009, 02:46 PM

Also UFO landings.

barryr
06-06-2009, 04:16 PM
More research needs to be done about Tesla. He was doing things that even today, I don't think scientists could understand that well or maybe don't want to admit what they know he was doing.

Broncojef
06-06-2009, 04:23 PM
More research needs to be done about Tesla. He was doing things that even today, I don't think scientists could understand that well or maybe don't want to admit what they know he was doing.

I think the government at the time of his death seized a bunch of his research notes and advanced experimentation notes. Maybe the guy tonight will talk more about him. A fascinating guy that lived in Colorado.

broncogary
06-06-2009, 05:04 PM

I think they were interviewing him about the impossibility of firing Shanahan.

Hogan11
06-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Best thing about Art Bell was his music. I love "One Velvet Morning" by Nancy and Lee Hazelton.

But Art was/is just about the weakest, most softball interviewer ever. He seemes to lose energy as the night went on ... like a dead-tired security guard on the graveyard shift. And sometimes he would permit some truly disturbed guests to go on and on and on.

They play a lot of great music on that show from all genres...heard The Buzzcocks the other day on it.

I just started listening to it again after a long layoff....it gets me home now after I get out of work. I enjoy it, always have.

BroncoInSkinland
06-06-2009, 05:33 PM
They play a lot of great music on that show from all genres...heard The Buzzcocks the other day on it.

I just started listening to it again after a long layoff....it gets me home now after I get out of work. I enjoy it, always have.

Agreed, I wanted to expand my music collection a year or so ago, and branch out into some new stuff. I thought about writing down all the bumper music from a single night and going out and buying the lot, they have an amazing selection and 95% of it is good.

DeusExManning
06-06-2009, 11:14 PM
I have been listening to it and Art is in the Philippines, his wife was denied a visa, even though they have a daughter together, joint bank accounts, etc. He told his whole story and it was quite sad. It sounds like he is stuck there.

BroncoBuff
06-07-2009, 12:14 AM
The best thing about Art Bell is when Phil Hendrie used to do his impression skits on his show. Just awesome.

Phil Hendrie fan? His Art Bell is a decent impersonation.

Is Ted Bell related to Art? :~ohyah!:

Popps
06-07-2009, 12:36 AM

Oh yea, Ted and Art weren't too far off. He always said he wasn't an impressionist. But, he had Art Bell's show down... from General Johnson Jammison to the ABBA bumper music.

I'm a huge Hendrie fan from way back. Still listen to the old MP3's weekly.

DeusExManning
06-07-2009, 12:41 AM

Phil Hendrie was hilarious!

BroncoBuff
06-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Oh yea, Ted and Art weren't too far off. He always said he wasn't an impressionist. But, he had Art Bell's show down... from General Johnson Jammison to the ABBA bumper music.

I'm a huge Hendrie fan from way back. Still listen to the old MP3's weekly.

The Western Estates Homeowners' Association ... my sides ache with laughter ROFL!

I gotta get me a backstage pass ... I've been meaning to do that for years, never seem to get around to it.

Popps
06-07-2009, 10:28 AM
The Western Estates Homeowners' Association ... my sides ache with laughter ROFL!

I gotta get me a backstage pass ... I've been meaning to do that for years, never seem to get around to it.

Yea, you can download almost full years of material going back to 1999 or so.
It's well worth the backstage pass just to load up your iPod.

telluride
06-07-2009, 11:56 AM
I think they were interviewing him about the impossibility of firing Shanahan.

Ha! Good one!