PDA

View Full Version : The toughest question in the world.

Taco John
06-04-2009, 04:37 PM
You might think that there is an easy, obvious answer here... But don't react too quickly. There are things that you're missing when you formulate your first impression. Go easy. Give this important question the proper thought.

BABronco
06-04-2009, 04:42 PM
woohoo i voted the most popular way

sisterhellfyre
06-04-2009, 04:45 PM
You might think that there is an easy, obvious answer here... But don't react too quickly. There are things that you're missing when you formulate your first impression. Go easy. Give this important question the proper thought.

That's an easy one for comics fans, TJ. Superman has no defenses against magic. He's vulnerable just the same as anyone else.

Pseudofool
06-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Coming back from the dead with even more power. If Superman would kill Gandolf the white, he'd soon be facing Gandolf the clear.

Tombstone RJ
06-04-2009, 04:48 PM

Wow, that vacation you just took really must have worked. You must be completely relaxed to come up with dribble like this. Well done!

listopencil
06-04-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm gonna say Superman. Even if Gandalf manages to kill him Superman will just be brought back to life endless times.

GreatBronco16
06-04-2009, 05:01 PM
It's a draw because the two would never fight. :thanku:

Shoemaker
06-04-2009, 05:06 PM
That's an easy one for comics fans, TJ. Superman has no defenses against magic. He's vulnerable just the same as anyone else.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Comic book Superman has exactly two weaknesses: Kryptonite, and magic.

And Gandalf is a really badass wizard with a magic sword.

This is one of the few times where Supes is completely out of his element. Gandalf pastes him.

TheReverend
06-04-2009, 05:07 PM
I've gotta say this is an absurd question.

Superman would've gotten that ****in ring to Mordor in like .2 seconds.

Jason in LA
06-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Neither of them could lay a finger on Chuck Norris or Tedy Bruschi.

TheReverend
06-04-2009, 05:08 PM

And Gandalf is just as vulnerable to lazer ****in eyes!

Superman kills him before he knows Superman is there.

Superman may even spin the planet against its axis just to kill him a few more times to shut you fools up.

bronco_boi_5280
06-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Neither of them could lay a finger on Chuck Norris or Tedy Bruschi.

I'd stick with just Chuck, but yes, I agree.

SouthStndJunkie
06-04-2009, 05:17 PM
This poll question made me think of the lyrics in Eminem's new song 'Medicine Ball'.

Killericon
06-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Versus arguments are the worst things on the face of the planet.

Jason in LA
06-04-2009, 05:18 PM
I'd stick with just Chuck, but yes, I agree.

Well seeing that you're new to the board and weren't up on the Chuck Norris vs. Tedy Bruschi debate, Bruschi may spare your life... hopefully. ;D

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=35929

bronco_boi_5280
06-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Well seeing that you're new to the board and weren't up on the Chuck Norris vs. Tedy Bruschi debate, Bruschi may spare your life... hopefully. ;D

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=35929

Oh no, I've heard the Bruschi stuff. I just think Chuck Norris is all that is man. TB is not on his level!

DomCasual
06-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Since this is apparently about a cartoon, I chose Draw. The cartoon-drawing guy could end them both with the light pressure of an eraser.

DomCasual - thinking outside the box, since 2004.

Orange_Beard
06-04-2009, 05:34 PM
****ing Hotrod, cut the ****-ass threads.

TexanBob
06-04-2009, 05:55 PM
The toughest question in the world? Rubbish.

The toughest question is when your wife asks you if her dress makes her look fat. Whatever you answer, you're getting the couch.

OABB
06-04-2009, 06:09 PM
The better question is which one of these heroes has the power to bring back the nba thread.....I'm gonna go with Taco John.
:~ohyah!:

Taco John
06-04-2009, 06:41 PM
And Gandalf is just as vulnerable to lazer ****in eyes!

You struck upon the wild card. Laser eyes is a pretty serious trump card.

Taco John
06-04-2009, 06:41 PM

The toughest question is when your wife asks you if her dress makes her look fat. Whatever you answer, you're getting the couch.

"No honey. It's your thighs that make you look fat."

Gcver2ver3
06-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Superman will be told he shall not pass...how the heck do you come back from that?...

Gandalf wins...

Irish Stout
06-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Wheres the NBA thread?

Blueflame
06-04-2009, 06:58 PM
There's an NBA thread? ???

OABB
06-04-2009, 07:00 PM
There's an NBA thread? ???

it's to the point where an explanation isn't only just, but mandatory. All joking aside, can you guys seriously just unlock it? I mean it's just one button right?

this is absurd.

Either give us the thread or ban Lex.

Blueflame
06-04-2009, 07:03 PM
it's to the point where an explanation isn't only just, but mandatory. All joking aside, can you guys seriously just unlock it? I mean it's just one button right?

this is absurd.

Either give us the thread or ban Lex.

Already done...

CHANGSTER
06-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Like someone earlier said, Supes has no defense for magic and he's not bright enough to get around it. Now if you said Batman I would have a different answer.

Geek out!

Bronx33
06-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Gandalf don't have the skills.

OBF1
06-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Superman...... Since Jack "Mother ****ing" Williams was not a choice.

OABB
06-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Already done...

awesome....I didn't know...

now what can I bitch about?

how about a vacation for bob and lex?

too much?

OABB
06-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Draw must be a bad ass mofo....never heard of him.

Cmac821
06-04-2009, 07:38 PM
will this be on Pay-per-view?

Bronx33
06-04-2009, 07:43 PM
will this be on Pay-per-view?

I think gandalf hired don king.

OABB
06-04-2009, 07:45 PM
I think gandalf hired don king.

than he'll definitely win...King will have kryptonite in gandolf's gloves....

Rock Chalk
06-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Rev, lazer eyes, while cool, cannot get past the magical forcefield Gandalf could easily throw up. I mean, a freakin Balrog couldnt defeat Gandalf and Im fairly certain teh Balrog, being a demon and all and immortal, could kick Superman's ass.

Bronx33
06-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Rev, lazer eyes, while cool, cannot get past the magical forcefield Gandalf could easily throw up. I mean, a freakin Balrog couldnt defeat Gandalf and Im fairly certain teh Balrog, being a demon and all and immortal, could kick Superman's ass.

Pfffffffffftt!! superman would easily snatch gandalf by his skinny neck right through that pansy forcefield and ragdoll him.

JCMElway
06-04-2009, 08:12 PM

LOL! +1

Vegas_Bronco
06-05-2009, 12:28 AM

Your response:

http://creoleindc.typepad.com/rantings_of_a_creole_prin/images/2008/05/30/slap_2.jpg

Doggcow
06-05-2009, 12:32 AM
Wolverine Vs. Yoda is a way better one. Thread of fail.

Kaylore
06-05-2009, 12:50 AM
I've read the books and watched the movies and I gotta say Gandalf is a lame wizard. He is good at making fireworks, shining lights on people and sword fighting. In the hobbit he appears to have the ability to teleport, but beyond that Gandalf is pretty ho hum as far as wizards go. Wizards don't fight with swords, they shoot fireballs, summon dragons and turn people into weird creatures. Gandalf fights with a sword and shines light on things. Yay.

Superman would pwn him.

Atlas
06-05-2009, 12:52 AM
I voted Superman, since I have never heard of Gandalf. ???

cutthemdown
06-05-2009, 02:14 AM
gandalf would just whip up some kryptonite and it would be over with.

LordHelmchen
06-05-2009, 03:33 AM
I voted Superman, since I have never heard of Gandalf. ???

are you serious :giggle:

BroncoInSkinland
06-05-2009, 03:50 AM

True story, an ex asked me that for about the 100th time. I had dodged and evaded as long as possible, and was finally fed up. My answer, "Not compared to your mother." I got the couch, it was worth it.

BroncoInSkinland
06-05-2009, 03:52 AM
Oh, and Gandalf's power lies not in hurling balls of flame, but in manipulating the world around his own whims. Superman would be doing Gandalfs laundry for him before the end of the first chapter.

SleepingTiger
06-05-2009, 04:23 AM
I've read the books and watched the movies and I gotta say Gandalf is a lame wizard. He is good at making fireworks, shining lights on people and sword fighting. In the hobbit he appears to have the ability to teleport, but beyond that Gandalf is pretty ho hum as far as wizards go. Wizards don't fight with swords, they shoot fireballs, summon dragons and turn people into weird creatures. Gandalf fights with a sword and shines light on things. Yay.

Superman would pwn him.

quite true. Gandalf the White got pwned by the witch king badly. if it wasnt for the rohirrim, he'll be dead. even Aragon beat the witch king.

Gandalf the Grey was pitifull. can't even beat a troll by himself, yet we are to believe he beat the balrog.

SleepingTiger
06-05-2009, 04:35 AM

not really. that force field is uneffective against light, hence you are able to see him inside the force field. since lazer is nothing but intense light focused on a spot, it will pass through his force field quite easily.

lex
06-05-2009, 06:12 AM
How is 20/20 vision not a defense for magic (assuming he's not dead)? Seriously, if Superman is able to turn back time as he did in the first Superman movie, how can he not then counter magic?

Hotrod
06-05-2009, 07:22 AM
It is said that you dont tug on Supermans cape. Hell even Gandolfs lame ass knows this and would use his magic to disappear and hide.

Superman in 2:30 of the 1st round.

Punisher
06-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Hokuto No Ken will kill them both!
http://www.fistofthenorthstar.it/secret1.jpg

SureShot
06-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Superman. Gandalf is a hippie.

Hotrod
06-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Hokuto No Ken will kill them both!
http://www.fistofthenorthstar.it/secret1.jpg

Dude that guy is not even real

Punisher
06-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Dude that guy is not even real

WHAT?
ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATAT A!!!
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
http://www.leostate.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/hnk3.gif

Hotrod
06-05-2009, 04:00 PM
LOL

I must admit that one dude take a blow or 500 pretty damn well

Punisher
06-05-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm Pretty sure Superman Or Gaydalf won't stand a Chance Vs Kenshrio
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s9jbI6Xab_w&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s9jbI6Xab_w&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

FADERPROOF
06-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Superman, because lord of the rings sucked ass.

ghwk
06-05-2009, 11:23 PM

And with that TJ made best friends with the couch pillows and a blanket.

TheReverend
06-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Dick move of the month:

TJ creates this thread and doesn't vote?!?!?!?

Taco John
06-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Dick move of the month:

TJ creates this thread and doesn't vote?!?!?!?

An almost unforgivable oversight.

I'm with you though. Match goes to Kal-el on the strength of sneak attack eye lasers.

TheReverend
06-06-2009, 12:45 AM
An almost unforgivable oversight.

I'm with you though. Match goes to Kal-el on the strength of sneak attack eye lasers.

I even screen-shot the poll results in case you tried to sneak in your vote and claim it's always been there.

Sneaky devil :D

Taco John
06-06-2009, 12:55 AM

Superman would pwn him.

You greatly underestimate Gandalf's most powerful weapon in middle Earth. His ability to get other people to do his dirty work. He has to mix himself in now and again, but he rarely pulls out the really cool stuff.

And having a Wizardry degree (Wh.d) in Demolitions is nothing to shake a stick at!

Taco John
06-06-2009, 12:58 AM
I even screen-shot the poll results in case you tried to sneak in your vote and claim it's always been there.

Sneaky devil :D

Haha! I'd never do something like that. It's too easy to get busted on that kind of stuff, so why even try.

TheReverend
06-06-2009, 01:51 AM
Haha! I'd never do something like that. It's too easy to get busted on that kind of stuff, so why even try.

True. I AM watching you.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9058/1237283490513.jpg

STBumpkin
06-06-2009, 04:01 PM

you just answer "no, it's your fat ass that makes you look fat"

ZONA
06-06-2009, 04:36 PM
This is easy. Superman would easily win because he could just fly around the globe so fast (or middle earth if you will) and make the earth spin backwards and thus go back in time (as he has already done before). He would just keep the clock going backwards until Gandalf was an infant and then he would simply slay him with his finger.

Gnomeflinger
06-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Gandalf FTW. Yeah, Superman has laser eyes and vision, but he can't stop magic. Plus, as stated, Gandalf can get everyone on his side. All someone has to do is find some Kryptonite, and while the Hobbits are dog piling Superman, Gandalf stabs Superman in the chest with the Kryptonite. Superman is toast.

BroncoInSkinland
06-06-2009, 05:01 PM
This is easy. Superman would easily win because he could just fly around the globe so fast (or middle earth if you will) and make the earth spin backwards and thus go back in time (as he has already done before). He would just keep the clock going backwards until Gandalf was an infant and then he would simply slay him with his finger.

Gandalf was brought to form as an avatar of one of the gods of middle earth, as were all the wizards, it occured in the elven realm, which, being a magical place, Superman could not access (see previously mentioned problems with the supernatural for the big S). At least I think that is the origin, it's been a while since I struggled through the Silmarillion...it reads like a history text book without as much personal relevance.

Bronx33
06-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Superman, because lord of the rings sucked ass.

end thread.

OABB
06-06-2009, 06:08 PM
This can only be solved by an intense LARPING event at the next omane weekend.

I call Superman.

BroncoInSkinland
06-06-2009, 06:10 PM
end thread.

Two words, Superman Returns, thread open again.

TheReverend
06-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Gandalf was brought to form as an avatar of one of the gods of middle earth, as were all the wizards, it occured in the elven realm, which, being a magical place, Superman could not access (see previously mentioned problems with the supernatural for the big S). At least I think that is the origin, it's been a while since I struggled through the Silmarillion...it reads like a history text book without as much personal relevance.

Who cares?

Superman beat flash in a race. Gaydalf wouldn't see it coming.

And who has the better resume? Superman has kicked everyone's ass. Gaydalf...? No one?

Gnomeflinger
06-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Two words, Superman Returns, thread open again.

Superman Returns? That movie was stupid. What would they call another one, Superman Returns Again? I think not.

gyldenlove
06-06-2009, 08:28 PM

This one is easy. Gandalf has only really two ways of killing people: his sword and fire. Superman is invulnerable to the sword and can tolerate fire, Gandalf on the other hand has to breath, all superman has to do is pick him up and fly high enough that Gandalf passes out from the thin air and then drop him and he will die.

OABB
06-06-2009, 08:52 PM
This one is easy. Gandalf has only really two ways of killing people: his sword and fire. Superman is invulnerable to the sword and can tolerate fire, Gandalf on the other hand has to breath, all superman has to do is pick him up and fly high enough that Gandalf passes out from the thin air and then drop him and he will die.

winner.

DeusExManning
06-06-2009, 09:58 PM
This is not a tough question. Gandalf was somewhat powerful but not THAT powerful. Superman would blow him away in every way and Gandalf would not be carrying around any kryptonite.

ZONA
06-06-2009, 10:09 PM
If Gandalph was such a fantastic wizard, why couldn't he even melt some snow so he and his crew could continue through that mountain pass instead of turning back around to go through the mines?

OABB
06-06-2009, 10:11 PM
If Gandalph was such a fantastic wizard, why couldn't he even melt some snow so he and his crew could continue through that mountain pass instead of turning back around to go through the mines?

good question, superman would have done it.

Bob's your Information Minister
06-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Gandalf.

Once Superman is dead, he's dead.

Bob's your Information Minister
06-06-2009, 10:35 PM

Superman would pwn him.

1. Smaug was the last dragon. There were no dragons for Gandalf to summon. Not even sure dragons could be summoned in Tolkien's lore.

2. Gandalf could turn people into other things. Lest we forget Samwise Gamgee's line "Please don't turn me into anything unnatural."

3. PJ took artistic license with the scene where Gandalf scares away the Ringwraiths. If memory serves, Gandalf actually WAS shooting great balls of fire, or something akin to that, when he chased them away.

Gandalf also has a hell of a lot more wisdom, life experience and cunning than Superman, who is basically just a blunt object that can shoot laser beams out of his eyes. I admit to not knowing much about Superman, but if a friggin' small-time punk like Lex Luthor can get the drop on him, Gandalf is going to give him a run for his money.

Inkana7
06-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Lord of the Rings sucks and is a movie about walking. Therefore, Superman.

fdf
06-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Versus arguments are the worst things on the face of the planet.

Worse than Jay Cutler vs Josh McDaniels threads? Oh wait. Thats a "versus" argument.

How 'bout a thread about:

Josh McDaniels vs Jay Cutler threads

VERSUS

Gandalf versus Superman threads