PDA

View Full Version : if orton and simms play horrible the first half of the year...

tsiguy96
06-04-2009, 08:49 AM
what do you think mcdaniels will do?

note: im not predicting they will suck, im saying "what if" because its no gaurantee they will be good. you think brandstater will get a try on the field or is he far too raw for that/

Orange_Beard
06-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Polish up the resume.

Broncojef
06-04-2009, 08:51 AM

note: im not predicting they will suck, im saying "what if" because its no gaurantee they will be good. you think brandstater will get a try on the field or is he far too raw for that/

If they play horrible we'll be looking for a QB in next years draft.

Los Broncos
06-04-2009, 08:56 AM
If our line blocks like last year Orton will do fine.

bpc
06-04-2009, 08:57 AM
If they suck, we'll just use that top 5 draft pick we're going to get this year and dra... oh wait... damn.

Hotrod
06-04-2009, 09:00 AM
The OM will be hilarious

cutthemdown
06-04-2009, 09:08 AM
I think he would make do with Simms or Orton, and you would only see Brandstater if both of them got injured.

HILife
06-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Polish up the resume.

:rofl:

HILife
06-04-2009, 09:11 AM
The OM will be hilarious

http://msrb.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/mushroom-cloud-hb.jpg

Cito Pelon
06-04-2009, 09:45 AM

Of course Brand will get a try. He's their third option. But I'm sure Orton/Simms will do fine.

gyldenlove
06-04-2009, 09:58 AM
The OM will be hilarious

Absolutely.

fdf
06-04-2009, 10:01 AM

I really don't expect much from the O or D the first half of the year. Too many changes that are too substantial. New offensive scheme, new QB. Probably the running game will be the only thing that works very well. I expect it to be reasonably productive--we actually have some continuity there on the OL and RB is a position that adapts to new teams and schemes pretty well. But in general, whoever gets the starting nod at QB is going to look pretty mediocre first several games.

If that continues to the second half of the year, we'll have a QB controversy, at least up here on the Mane. There will be much second guessing by fans. The guy who didn't win the starting job will slowly become brilliant in our imaginations and every wart of the starter will be much bigger than it really is.

It'll be interesting to see how new management handles it. I suspect, McDaniels will stick to his starter far longer than folks up here would like. I'll tend to agree with that decision because something has to stay the same for a while for this team to get back into contention.

In any event, I doubt TB will see much, if any, playing time unless things get FAR worse than bad.

Pony Boy
06-04-2009, 10:05 AM
If our line blocks like last year Orton will do fine.

:thumbsup: You are correct sir

ScottXray
06-04-2009, 11:57 AM
McDaniels will do what he will.
This place might get to be a real pain to visit, with all the negative crap
that will be spewing forth. :spit:

Crushaholic
06-04-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm actually expecting a slow start this year, since everyone's learning new schemes. By midseason, I hope they would be starting to "get it".

Cito Pelon
06-04-2009, 01:45 PM
I really don't expect much from the O or D the first half of the year. Too many changes that are too substantial. New offensive scheme, new QB. Probably the running game will be the only thing that works very well. I expect it to be reasonably productive--we actually have some continuity there on the OL and RB is a position that adapts to new teams and schemes pretty well. But in general, whoever gets the starting nod at QB is going to look pretty mediocre first several games.

If that continues to the second half of the year, we'll have a QB controversy, at least up here on the Mane. There will be much second guessing by fans. The guy who didn't win the starting job will slowly become brilliant in our imaginations and every wart of the starter will be much bigger than it really is.

It'll be interesting to see how new management handles it. I suspect, McDaniels will stick to his starter far longer than folks up here would like. I'll tend to agree with that decision because something has to stay the same for a while for this team to get back into contention.

In any event, I doubt TB will see much, if any, playing time unless things get FAR worse than bad.

The object is to attack in all three phases. I like that.

oubronco
06-04-2009, 02:27 PM
when orton and simms play horrible the first half of the year...we will suck and we will have to blame McDipshyt

yerner
06-04-2009, 02:52 PM
If ?

cabronco
06-04-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm actually expecting a slow start this year, since everyone's learning new schemes. By midseason, I hope they would be starting to "get it".

That actually would be encouraging. That means the teams inproving and heading into the right direction.

Opposed to starting out well the last many years, lose to the teams whom we should of won , find ourselves in a divisional race, only to fizzle away another year.

Gort
06-04-2009, 06:35 PM
2009 Broncos. 11-5 and a trip to the playoffs!

Dickie V says take it to the bank baaaaaabbbbbbyyyyyyyy!

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1217/ncb_g_vitale_400.jpg

oh yeah, and Duck ***e!

Jesterhole
06-04-2009, 07:16 PM
I imagine a lot of the kool aid drinkers on here who keep telling everyone we're better off without Cutler will start to miss having a franchise QB again...

BroncoBuff
06-04-2009, 08:04 PM
I am of the impression that this offense is like a machine, and the quarteback kind of - KIND of - just "push buttons." Of course, the QB still has to make quick reads and throw ACCURATELY, but I suspect by mid-season, both will have finally grasped the bulk of the offense - as will the other skill players - and things should be pretty smooth then.

BOTH these guys can't fail ... ONE of them will play well.

OABB
06-04-2009, 08:09 PM
I am of the impression that this offense is like a machine, and the quarteback kind of - KIND of - just "push buttons." Of course, the QB still has to make quick reads and throw ACCURATELY, but I suspect by mid-season, both will have finally grasped the bulk of the offense - as will the other skill players - and things should be pretty smooth then.

good post...

why do you have the head vampire from Lost Boys in your avatar, though?

BroncoBuff
06-04-2009, 08:11 PM
good post...

why do you have the head vampire from Lost Boys in your avatar, though?

You think I look like Edward Hermann?

OABB
06-04-2009, 08:17 PM
You think I look like Edward Hermann?

is that you? In that picture a bit. that's not an insult though....for the record.

worm
06-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Hmm. I don't think Ed is a leg humping Laker fan.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=3763&dateline=1244002456

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wvoLtwni0kc/R9gRIGEOdQI/AAAAAAAAPmk/KnzNOH6DR60/s200/edward%2Bhermann_Lost_boys_.jpg

DBroncos4life
06-04-2009, 09:09 PM

Neither have ever been stars in the NFL, let alone under the knife like they will be this year. Playing QB in Denver was hard before this living in the shadow of Elway now they have to play with the media waiting for either QB to fail so they can bring up the Cutler trade.

anon
06-04-2009, 09:15 PM
There will be good angles for the media regardless of who succeeds or fails. Lots of good stories if Cutler doesn't do as well in Chicago. Orton now "has a coach who finally believes in him." Simms has the comeback from injury and the legacy angle. Plus the constant evaluation of the draft picks involved in the trade.

watermock
06-04-2009, 09:21 PM
If all 3 fail, we will be looking back at the trades, not only of Cutler, but how we traded our 1st in '10.

We could of packaged both #1's to get the player of choice, pehaps Mt. McCody too, if Bradford comes off first, McCoy might be there, now, we will never know.

It's not like we did not have enough picks, we just wasted them.

BroncoBuff
06-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Hmm. I don't think Ed is a leg humping Laker fan.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=3763&dateline=1244002456
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wvoLtwni0kc/R9gRIGEOdQI/AAAAAAAAPmk/KnzNOH6DR60/s200/edward%2Bhermann_Lost_boys_.jpg

I've heard Edward Hermann before. Must be true, cause that pic is not even the best Ed-like likeness of me.

BroncoBuff
06-04-2009, 09:42 PM
is that you? In that picture a bit. that's not an insult though....for the record.

I'm not worried about the record ... I'm worried about my damn face!

Say, you look a bit like Jeffrey Dahmer ;D

BroncoBuff
06-04-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm gonna go bug Punisher ... he's in a good mood right about now. Maybe he'll appreciate the massive good karma he'll get from releasing my username.

I'm so tired of losing these bets ... the CU-Nebraska bet to that weiner BMF still pisses me off.

School record field goal my ass.

ScottXray
06-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Neither have ever been stars in the NFL, let alone under the knife like they will be this year. Playing QB in Denver was hard before this living in the shadow of Elway now they have to play with the media waiting for either QB to fail so they can bring up the Cutler trade.

Both of them have been QB's in the NFL, Orton in Chicago which is a much bigger town then Denver. I think he has handled media before now.

Yeah, the national media will be be making comparisons to Cutler, and the naysayers here and elsewhere will be LOOKING for a reason to criticise. but both these guys know the kind of pressure that means, and at least one of them has handled it before (starting). TB will learn in time too. Fish or cut bait.

Denver has The Elway legacy, but that was ten years ago. It is fading away....as the non playoff seasons and the luster of a winning team have gotten quite a bit of tarnish on them.

Weve had Son of Bob, Jake the Snake,(or Jake the mistake depending on your view), and Cutler (who hasn't really done anything to prove he is a franchise QB yet), since then. None of them got us back to the bowl and Cutler never even made the playoffs. It wouldn't quite be fair for anyone to say McDaniels, Bowlen, or they are failures, just because we don't get there right away. Maybe Orton and Simms are both placeholders , until we get a real franchise QB. Maybe we'll never get one. But if we get into the playoffs, it doesn't matter if we have a star QB, as long as we get there, and then keep winning.

Shanahan couldn't do it either, and he thought all three of his hand selected guys were the answer. So , round and round it goes.

I just hope we don't become like raider fans, pointing to our two SB victories in the late nineties as somehow justifying the crap that was fielded the last three years as a legitimate NFL team. I want to be PROUD to be a Bronco fan again , and not have to sheepishly agree that we suck, when someone says so.

Small steps, Ellie, small steps!

BroncoBuff
06-04-2009, 09:55 PM

I dunno ... with Shanahan gone, and three QBs removed from Elway, and Cutler leavinmmg in a snit, maybe the pressure is actually lower.

I really really like Chris Simms, did I mention that? I think you guys are gonna be really pleasantly surprised.

BroncoBuff
06-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Small steps, Ellie, small steps!
Great movie ... nice reference :thumbs:

I wanted to put that on my 'Top 10 Movies of the 90s' recently, but I couldn't quite fit it in.

DBroncos4life
06-04-2009, 11:40 PM
I dunno ... with Shanahan gone, and three QBs removed from Elway, and Cutler leavinmmg in a snit, maybe the pressure is actually lower.

I really really like Chris Simms, did I mention that? I think you guys are gonna be really pleasantly surprised.

Legends never just faid away. If anything now that Shanny is gone it will only make the legend worse. I mean say what you want about Shanahan but he is a very good coach and well respected in the NFL and we fired him then traded away our QB. I'm pretty positive that the media will be watching McD and the new QBs. Should either get off to a bad start do you really think the media won't say we F'd up big time? As far as Simms goes there isn't anything he will do to prove that he is nothing more then hype. He wasn't very good a Texas and he wasn't good with the Bucs before he got hurt.

FireFly
06-05-2009, 01:29 AM
They won't BOTH play awful for the first half of the year. If ONE of them plays awful, he will start the other for a month or 2 and see if he does better.

But barring injury, noone other than Orton or Simms will be our starter.

watermock
06-05-2009, 01:33 AM
Sounds like a plan...

a bad plan...They won't BOTH play awful for the first half of the year. If ONE of them plays awful, he will start the other for a month or 2 and see if he does better.

Wheee! 5-11!

Not to mention our first 1/3 is easy. We'll "adjust" right?

we'll start the other WHAT?

cmhargrove
06-05-2009, 06:52 AM

Please explain yourself here.

Simms = won division title and went to the playoffs.

Orton = won division title and went to the playoffs.

Cutler = not so much...

If our goal is to win games, both of our new QBs have a better win percentage than Cutler. It's about winning, it's about the playoffs. Both of our guys already have that on the resume. Tom B will be riding the pine all year. There will be a strong battle in Training Camp, but the guy that wins that battle should be an "efficient" QB all year.

If we go on a major slide, it will be because our defense still isn't fixed - not the offense.