PDA

View Full Version : What's with the OMANE lately?

supermanhr9
06-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Is it just me or has there been a plethora of racism/serious social issues comments, posts, references, etc.? I'm not trying to judge but what the hell? This is a site for football and other sports talk. I know off-season posting rules is under way, but that should mean funny off-the wall topics like "name that city", or "funny pictures thread", etc. It's quite disappointing to use my quick break from work to check this site only to find politics and other social issues being discussed. If we want to read that stuff there's CNN.com, Foxnews.com and about a million other websites to get your fill for that.

There will be many of you who will not like what i just said, because people who love to discuss and argue politics won't like someone like me recommending the banning of it and that's fine, but if tehre are others liek me who want the funny posts, sports posts, Vick's never gonna play in the NFL again kind of posts, knwo that you're not alone.

My intention of this post is not to start a huge argument or discussion, just bring it to the attention of the MODS that it's ludicrous that politics and social issues are being discussed here.

I'm going to end this post with an actual sports question any word yet on how well young dbs like Alphonso or MOFO are doing at passing camp?

BroncoInSkinland
06-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Well, it IS off season mode, so technically everything is open game, but I know what you mean. There have been some recent thread titles that I am uncomfortable with co-workers seeing...

Los Broncos
06-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Thats why it was named Thunderdome.

Hotrod
06-04-2009, 09:23 AM
I for one think that silly/funny threads are pathetic

vancejohnson82
06-04-2009, 09:25 AM
there's plenty of threads on this site that have NOTHING to do with racism or "serious" issues.....theres also plenty of "Brandon Marshall Not Suspended", "Spencer Larsen Interview", "Champ Bailey Anal Fissure Not Serious" type of threads...

its all about what you decide to click on....

Personally, I enjoy the "serious" threads because its everyday people discussing topics that are quite relevant....even though I might not agree with some of the opinions its refreshing to hear POVs that aren't filtered through CNN.com or FoxNews....its real thought

SonOfLe-loLang
06-04-2009, 09:26 AM
God forbid we have some serious discourse here.

bronco610
And what are you doing asking a football question that has nothing to do with Shanny, McD, or Cutler??

Hotrod
I think we need a poll

Gort
06-04-2009, 09:27 AM
My intention of this post is not to start a huge argument or discussion, just bring it to the attention of the MODS that it's ludicrous that politics and social issues are being discussed here.

it is ludicrous. there is a politics subforum where people should be posting that stuff. nevertheless... you must be careful not to upset the OM trolls, or they'll go on youtube and call you out!!! :wiggle:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zt46WFdMd28&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zt46WFdMd28&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hogan11
06-04-2009, 09:27 AM
If you want to avoid the Racemen threads and the get nowhere, circular political arguements, then just don't open them. It's as easy as that.

vancejohnson82
06-04-2009, 09:29 AM
it is ludicrous. there is a politics subforum where people should be posting that stuff. nevertheless... you must be careful not to upset the OM trolls, or they'll go on youtube and call you out!!! :wiggle:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zt46WFdMd28&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zt46WFdMd28&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this kid has been all over the interwebs lately...

worm
Quite the serious thread you made here on the suppression of 1st Amendment Rights

Gort
there's plenty of threads on this site that have NOTHING to do with racism or "serious" issues.....theres also plenty of "Brandon Marshall Not Suspended", "Spencer Larsen Interview", "Champ Bailey Anal Fissure Not Serious" type of threads...

Personally, I enjoy the "serious" threads because its everyday people discussing topics that are quite relevant....even though I might not agree with some of the opinions its refreshing to hear POVs that aren't filtered through CNN.com or FoxNews....its real thought

i miss the good old days of threads named "Jay Cutler is a liar" and "No, McDummy is a liar" and "no, Jay is a liar and so are you" and "no, McDummy is a liar and so is your mother" and "no Cutler and his father and agent are liars" and "no, McDummy and Bowlen and all of Denver are liars", et. al.

ahhh... the good old days.

Tombstone RJ
06-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Is it just me or has there been a plethora of racism/serious social issues comments, posts, references, etc.? I'm not trying to judge but what the hell? This is a site for football and other sports talk. I know off-season posting rules is under way, but that should mean funny off-the wall topics like "name that city", or "funny pictures thread", etc. It's quite disappointing to use my quick break from work to check this site only to find politics and other social issues being discussed. If we want to read that stuff there's CNN.com, Foxnews.com and about a million other websites to get your fill for that.

There will be many of you who will not like what i just said, because people who love to discuss and argue politics won't like someone like me recommending the banning of it and that's fine, but if tehre are others liek me who want the funny posts, sports posts, Vick's never gonna play in the NFL again kind of posts, knwo that you're not alone.

I'm going to end this post with an actual sports question any word yet on how well young dbs like Alphonso or MOFO are doing at passing camp?

Welcome to the Omane newbie.

Peoples Champ
06-04-2009, 09:32 AM
i miss the good old days of threads named "Jay Cutler is a liar" and "No, McDummy is a liar" and "no, Jay is a liar and so are you" and "no, McDummy is a liar and so is your mother" and "no Cutler and his father and agent are liars" and "no, McDummy and Bowlen and all of Denver are liars", et. al.

ahhh... the good old days.

Wait, did Jay Cutler not return Mcdaniels phone call, or did McDaniels never call?

BroncoInSkinland
06-04-2009, 09:33 AM

I agree that the discussion is good, and have thought about posting in both of the current top runners. The problem for me is the thread titles. It generates problems for me at my work when the first two thread titles on the main board are "White Privelege" and "Those Uppity Blacks". I understand the issues being discussed and know that it is not really what it looks like, but it LOOKS bad. Not cool.

Hotrod
06-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Without serious threads how would you know who to hold meaningless grudges against???

supermanhr9
06-04-2009, 09:35 AM

agreed, go to the politics sub-forum, and as for the suppression of the first ammedment comment you gotta be joking. Get a life.

vancejohnson82
06-04-2009, 09:37 AM
I agree that the discussion is good, and have thought about posting in both of the current top runners. The problem for me is the thread titles. It generates problems for me at my work when the first two thread titles on the main board are "White Privelege" and "Those Uppity Blacks". I understand the issues being discussed and know that it is not really what it looks like, but it LOOKS bad. Not cool.

Yes....I do agree with this...

but its not nearly as bad as clicking on one of these links and getting to a thread response that has a Ku Klux Clan member with a pitchfork or an X-ray of a guy blowing another guy

Luckily I have an office where I can close the door, fart to my heart's desire and click on those ridiculous thread titles

Peoples Champ
06-04-2009, 09:37 AM

but its not nearly as bad as clicking on one of these links and getting to a thread response that has a Ku Klux Clan member with a pitchfork or an X-ray of a guy blowing another guy

Luckily I have an office where I can close the door, fart to my heart's desire and click on those ridiculous thread titles

Man, I have dreamed to be able to fart at my desk

Hotrod
06-04-2009, 09:38 AM

That brings up an important issue.

Why is it I dont see anyone for hours but fart once and people are instantly in my office???

bronclvr
06-04-2009, 09:39 AM
I think we need a poll

Enough with the Polls! notsofast

Gort
06-04-2009, 09:39 AM
agreed, go to the politics sub-forum, and as for the suppression of the first ammedment comment you gotta be joking. Get a life.

i made no mention of suppressing the first amendment. ???????

worm
06-04-2009, 09:41 AM

Yes. Of course it was a joke, idiot.

First you want people to be less serious and more light-hearted....now joking isn't good.

You are a really hard poster to please.

Just sayin'.

vancejohnson82
06-04-2009, 09:46 AM

Why is it I dont see anyone for hours but fart once and people are instantly in my office???

Farts are to humans like light is to bugs...

If you are ever lost in the woods just fart and somebody (probably a hot chick) will come by and sniff you out

supermanhr9
06-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Ever go into a lady's office and she has a funny look on her face like she wasn't expecting you,, then BAM,,, you know exactly why?

Meck77
06-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Welcome to the Omane newbie.

Pretty much sums it up. I like the pic Taco posted the other day of the pile of cash. The caption said "look what you could have made if you didn't spend so much time here". Ha!

cutthemdown
06-04-2009, 10:16 AM

Actually the site is about a lot more then football. Some of the charity type stuff board has pulled together for shows it's about more then football.

Football brings us together but the intellect and power of the Orangemane Community reach much further then that.

When season starts it will become more and more about football.

I suggest you open youir mind and realize this particular site is much bigger then what it's original intent may have been.

Pseudofool
06-04-2009, 10:20 AM
You can always not read threads your not interested in. I know, I know, it's asking a lot.

Taco John
06-04-2009, 10:24 AM
This happens every offseason. I'm not suprised that this year's prevailing topic is race, given the election of Obama this past year.

Hotrod
06-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Actually the site is about a lot more then football. Some of the charity type stuff board has pulled together for shows it's about more then football.

Football brings us together but the intellect and power of the Orangemane Community reach much further then that.

I suggest you open youir mind and realize this particular site is much bigger then what it's original intent may have been.

http://www.jankytshirts.com/images/uploads/PSST%20YOUR%20GAY.gif

;)

Taco John
06-04-2009, 10:26 AM

Amen to this. Well said.

vancejohnson82
06-04-2009, 10:29 AM
This happens every offseason. I'm not suprised that this year's prevailing topic is race, given the election of Obama this past year.

Exactly...what you start to realize in reading some of the threads is that these "hot button" topics that you hear about on the news actually do trickle down and start to effect people in all walks of life

Being in the NY City area its easy to hear the same opinion over and over again about race and whatnot.....its not everyday I get to hear what some sheep-cuddling-bourbon-brewing nerd from South Dakota has to say about things

:pimp:

OABB
06-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I love this goddamn place!

that is all.

DomCasual
06-04-2009, 11:30 AM

What in the name of all that is good and holy did I just see?:twitch:

Peoples Champ
06-04-2009, 11:35 AM
What in the name of all that is good and holy did I just see?:twitch:

Ya i just watched that, WTF

I still laugh though

Hotrod
06-04-2009, 11:40 AM
"HAHAHAHA You dumb bastard. Most of the time, I think you're one step up the food chain from not having opposable thumbs. But sometimes, you get me laughing. Of course, a monkey throwing poop gets me laughing, too - but I digress."

Um thanks I think

Ha!

Rohirrim
06-04-2009, 11:42 AM
If you want to avoid the Racemen threads and the get nowhere, circular political arguements, then just don't open them. It's as easy as that.

Wurks fer me.

Rohirrim
06-04-2009, 11:44 AM

Are farts covered by the first amendment?

Tombstone RJ
06-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Speaking of farts, have you ever tried to cover up your fart by sniffing it up? That is, you put your head down around the area of the fart just start sniffing like there's no tomorrow?

I don't know if it actually works, but I'd go there if I had to hide a fart from a hotty...

supermanhr9
06-04-2009, 12:12 PM
hahahaha

OABB
06-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Speaking of farts, have you ever tried to cover up your fart by sniffing it up? That is, you put your head down around the area of the fart just start sniffing like there's no tomorrow?

I don't know if it actually works, but I'd go there if I had to hide a fart from a hotty...

It may work...but if your idea of hiding a fart from a hottie is sticking your head near your lap and sniffing hard, I am not you will get the results you are after.

ScottXray
06-04-2009, 01:03 PM

Hell, I'd just see if I could work up another one and get a real WAR going.

It would look really strange to try to sniff it all up....I'd rather she thought I have normal bodily functions than have her think I was WEIRD.:peace: :thanku:

Tombstone RJ
06-04-2009, 01:09 PM
It may work...but if your idea of hiding a fart from a hottie is sticking your head near your lap and sniffing hard, I am not you will get the results you are after.

Yah, kinda looks awkward... Hilarious!

Peoples Champ
06-04-2009, 01:41 PM
this is getting gross, but funny