PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 Project Natal "their answer to the Wii" , looks sweet .

TDmvp
06-04-2009, 03:43 AM
If this works it will be sweet ... they unveiled it at e3 this week ...

this would be good for lots of things in and out of games... love the cover flow looking way of browsing media ...

<object width="560" height="340">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I9tmr8VDqN8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></object>

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nWm_PygFotI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/06/02/alg_xbox.jpghttp://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/gamepro/210535-1.jpg?rand=9D539ACE-FB4E-FE3E-CC92DAAFB40A2B07

Broncosfreak_56
06-04-2009, 04:57 AM
It does, but Milo was pretty creepy.

TDmvp
06-04-2009, 05:46 AM
It does, but Milo was pretty creepy.

very ...

want2bAbronco2
06-04-2009, 08:45 AM
Looks really sweet! I loved what they did with Milo! I was really impressed with Microsofts conf. PS3 actually had a really good controler and games, loved there conf as well. Nintendos was horrible AGAIN. Wow Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid 2 will be out around June 2010!!! Its already been 1 yr, guess waiting another year to turn on my Wii isnt that big of deal.

Alan Wake, FF13, Halo ODST/Halo Fall Reach, Forza 3, MAG, God of War 3, Beatles, and Left for Dead 2 all looked amazing! Another great year for my 360 and maybe something worth a darn on my PS3!

HILife
06-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Can't wait till FF13 for the x-box.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Can't wait till FF13 for the x-box.

10 f-ing months to go, which will put it at about 3 and a half years since 12 was released. Shouldn't have to wait that long between FF games.

Rock Chalk
06-04-2009, 11:12 AM
10 f-ing months to go, which will put it at about 3 and a half years since 12 was released. Shouldn't have to wait that long between FF games.

I havent played FF since 9. 9 sucked bad and 7 is still the best one. Well, really 1 is still the best one but 7 was pretty damn good.

Im stoked for the new Halo games, what can I say, Im a Halo junkie.

We bought a wii at christmas and no one even plays it. After a few days of enjoying wii sports, Ive come to the conclusion that the wii sucks.

Im not to into the Project NATAL thing. I think initially it will be fun but eventually I will want to just sit down, grab my controller and push buttons. Im lazy like that.

HILife
06-04-2009, 11:21 AM

12 was a good game. I like how they changed up the fighting in the game. It was also one of the more harder FF I've played. Never had much trouble with the other ones. This one gave me a little of a change. I also liked ff VII and X. Wasn't to crazy about 8 and haven't played any of the others.

want2bAbronco2
06-04-2009, 11:37 AM
The demo of MAG were they had 256 players 128 vs 128 was freaking amazing! It ran smooth as butter. I hope G4 has a live demo of Left for Dead 2... that game is sweet!

Archer81
06-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Uncharted 2, Assassins Creed 2, God of War III, FF13, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Bioshock 2. These are games I wish came out right now. Especially Uncharted 2 and GoWIII.

:Broncos:

SportinOne
06-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Was that Los Campesinos! i heard? Hmmm... liked them a bit until i saw them live..

Anyway.. this looks cool, but that's just it. It LOOKS cool. How does it function? Do the movements translate to the game in a precise manner or are they simply a novelty? I guess we'll see.

rugbythug
06-04-2009, 02:14 PM
The UFC game is actually really good.

Flex Gunmetal
06-04-2009, 02:46 PM
The UFC game is actually really good.

Undisputed? I picked it up earlier this week and I love it. Some exploits and online quitting is gayness, but it's surprisingly solid and the controls are intuitive.

ghwk
06-04-2009, 02:51 PM
I don't understand why they named it after a tennis player.

Bronx33
06-04-2009, 02:52 PM
project natal???? really? can somebody enlighten me it's meaning.

rugbythug
06-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Undisputed? I picked it up earlier this week and I love it. Some exploits and online quitting is gayness, but it's surprisingly solid and the controls are intuitive.

I don't play online. I just go against the Puter. But it is suprisingly deep. And you get owned if you specialize too much. Unlike most fight games.

TDmvp
06-04-2009, 04:20 PM
I don't understand why they named it after a tennis player.

Natal ... not Nadal ...

ghwk
06-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Natal ... not Nadal ...

LOL I know LOL

TDmvp
06-04-2009, 04:28 PM
LOL I know LOL

:poke: :poke: :poke:

Broncobiv
06-04-2009, 05:10 PM
It looks cool, but I can't imagine it being as precise as they show in that demo video.

Color me very skeptical for now.

Broncosfreak_56
06-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Mass Effect 2 is the game I am looking forwards too the most. Looks amazing, and apparently the demo shows too people behind closed doors was amazing.

Loved the first and can't wait until the second.

MileHighMagic
06-04-2009, 08:30 PM
That's amazing.

Technology scares me sometimes. Seems too advanced for my lifetime. Maybe I am just older than I feel.

elsid13
06-04-2009, 08:40 PM
It looks cool, but I can't imagine it being as precise as they show in that demo video.

Color me very skeptical for now.

What it's Microsoft - they always make things that work.

Bronx33
06-04-2009, 08:40 PM
All that jumping around doesn't apeal to me at all just give me a real steering when and a controller.

CHANGSTER
06-04-2009, 09:50 PM
The demo of MAG were they had 256 players 128 vs 128 was freaking amazing!

Lol. I actually went in to work to help coordinate that demo the last few days. Got a kick out of watching it on the computer just now.

That second Project Natal video looked awesome. I like the dude yelling in the background, losing his mind.

Natedog24
06-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Mass Effect 2 is the game I am looking forwards too the most. Looks amazing, and apparently the demo shows too people behind closed doors was amazing.

Yeah sounds like Mass Effect 2 had a great E3 and really impressed a lot of the people who saw it up close. I though Alan Wake looked pretty awesome as well. However, for me Heavy Rain remains my most anticipated game, but it won't be out until next year, hopefully in the Spring. That is shaping up to be one heck of a Spring with God of War 3, Final Fantasy 13 and Heavy Rain potentially all coming out, as well as the newest copy of The Show which is pretty much a must buy for me.

As for the motion controls, I could see myself warming up to Sony's motion controls far sooner then Project Natal. That sword and shield demo was pretty impressive, it looks like what the Wii controls should have been from day 1. Ok that is enough nerding out, for now Ha!

Doggcow
06-05-2009, 01:18 AM
I havent played FF since 9. 9 sucked bad and 7 is still the best one. Well, really 1 is still the best one but 7 was pretty damn good.

Im stoked for the new Halo games, what can I say, Im a Halo junkie.

We bought a wii at christmas and no one even plays it. After a few days of enjoying wii sports, Ive come to the conclusion that the wii sucks.

Im not to into the Project NATAL thing. I think initially it will be fun but eventually I will want to just sit down, grab my controller and push buttons. Im lazy like that.

9 Was amazing. 7 Is overrated because of its graphics. All halo games to date have blown ass and arn't anywhere close to their competitors in the FPS relm.

Doggcow
06-05-2009, 01:21 AM

Mass Effect is THE BEST STORY BAR NONE I have ever played. Final Fantasies are all rehashed same story lines every god damn time. After 9 it got really pathetic. I played Mass Effect for 35 hours straight because I was so enveloped in the storyline.

Broncosfreak_56
06-05-2009, 01:52 AM
Mass Effect is THE BEST STORY BAR NONE I have ever played. Final Fantasies are all rehashed same story lines every god damn time. After 9 it got really pathetic. I played Mass Effect for 35 hours straight because I was so enveloped in the storyline.

Final fantasy 7-10 for me were great. But I agree with you on mass effect, my favorite game ever made.

Kaylore
06-05-2009, 01:53 AM

That's because they all have sucked for many, many years. They aren't "fantasy" anymore. They're J-pop weirdness with stupid story lines and not-so-fun gameplay.

Kaylore
06-05-2009, 01:58 AM
9 Was amazing. 7 Is overrated because of its graphics. All halo games to date have blown ass and arn't anywhere close to their competitors in the FPS relm.

I agree with this, though ten was pretty good. Ten I played blitz ball for hours on it. But FF VII is the most overrated piece of crap game ever. The story sucks. The characters are simplistic and the only likable character in the game gets killed just as you get into her. Stupid Cloud with his stupid hair and his stupid head grabbing motion with his stupid "who am I?" whining. Does anyone even really get what the game was about - or care? A meteor? Ok, what is Sephiroth's deal? His motivations are stupid. "But he's so cool dude! He has a sword and, um, he's really bad ass!" No he isn't. He's a joke. Cait Sith is the stupidest looking crap thing in the universe of games and it's a dude in a cubicle. Yuffie is annoying. Barret is racist and Tifa is liked because she has big boobs. The story and plot are so inconsistent and ridiculous that it's a joke to even try to understand.

People like VII because it made RPG's "mainstream" and the graphics were good. Final Fantasy II(IV) and III(VI) were the greatest games of the series and probably the greatest RPG of the 16 bit era ever made. FF II's story owned all others.

TDmvp
06-05-2009, 02:05 AM
I agree with this, though ten was pretty good. Ten I played blitz ball for hours on it. But FF VII is the most overrated piece of crap game ever. The story sucks. The characters are simplistic and the only likable character in the game gets killed just as you get into her. Stupid Cloud with his stupid hair and his stupid head grabbing motion with his stupid "who am I?" whining. Does anyone even really get what the game was about - or care? A meteor? Ok, what is Sephiroth's deal? His motivations are stupid. "But he's so cool dude! He has a sword and, um, he's really bad ass!" No he isn't. He's a joke. Cait Sith is the stupidest looking crap thing in the universe of games and it's a dude in a cubicle. Yuffie is annoying. Barret is racist and Tifa is liked because she has big boobs. The story and plot are so inconsistent and ridiculous that it's a joke to even try to understand.

People like VII because it made RPG's "mainstream" and the graphics were good. Final Fantasy II(IV) and III(VI) were the greatest games of the series and probably the greatest RPG of the 16 bit era ever made. FF II's story owned all others.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c7/Ffviibox.jpg

my god did i ever play the hell outa that ...

TDmvp
06-05-2009, 02:06 AM
ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!

:poke: :poke: :poke:

supermanhr9
06-05-2009, 08:46 AM
coolest thign ever, madden or MLB the show would be so sweet

Hercules Rockefeller
06-05-2009, 08:54 AM
That's because they all have sucked for many, many years. They aren't "fantasy" anymore. They're J-pop weirdness with stupid story lines and not-so-fun gameplay.

8 sucked and 10 wasn't anything special. 7, 9, 12, and Tactics (among the more recent ones) were great.

McDman
06-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Mass Effect is cool but I liked Knights of the Old Republic better.

Drek
06-05-2009, 10:03 AM
project natal???? really? can somebody enlighten me it's meaning.

Its the name of a town in Brazil, where one of the developers originates from. It also means birth in Portuguese, so its rather fitting.

Milo was creepy as hell (why are you wasting your time on a pedo game Peter?) but there is a lot of potential there. We'll see where they can go with it. If they don't have compelling software that does impressive things with it out of the gate or very near to it then no one will particularly care though and it'll be a secondary item much like Sony's EyeToy.

Then you obviously haven't played Planescape: Torment, The Longest Journey, any of about a dozen Sierra adventure games including anything by Tim Schaffer, Fallout 1 or 2, Baldur's Gate 1 or 2 (with expansions), System Shock 1 or 2, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, Final Fantasy Tactics (quality translation or original Japanese), Vagrant Story, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, Beyond Good and Evil, or about a hundred other games I could continue to mention.

Mass Effect has an ok story. Better than most video games, but its not particularly amazing, and the game as a whole only helps to reinforce the belief that Bioware + console = watered down games devoid of the character and real choice present in their best PC only releases.

My game of the show is easily The Last Guardian, by Team Ico. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are the two best arguments one can make for video games as art, and I'm expecting another instant classic from them.

I like that Konami is finally showing Castlevania some finanical and internal talent love, putting a real budget behind Lords of Shadow and having Kojima directly involved, thats a big plus.

I'll look forward to seeing what the post-Itagaki remnants of Team Ninja do with Metroid: Other M. Lot of potential for greatness or suck there, we'll see.

The art direction on FFXIV is pretty impressive, you can see the Vagrant Story/FFT/FF12 aspects in the design. Might be the first MMO I actually put some of my own money into.

As for people wondering why FFXIII has been delayed so much: Square really went into this generation with no real business plan. They massively fumbled the ball, and it really started with FFXII when they pushed Matsuno to make massive game changes he didn't want (Vaan even existing instead of Baasch as the lead) and then pushed him out when the game was only partially completed. They feel that mainline single player FF's need to conform to some J-pop cliche tween to late teen demographic and when someone with real insight into how to write, direct, and produce a compelling mature story comes along they piss away the chance for fear of losing their target demographic. FFXIII's development has been a mad dash to keep appealing to that same demographic with over the top production values and visuals.

This lack of vision has extended to the technical side of the company as well, where after FFXIII was already well into production they attempted to move all of SE to a standardized development tool (the White Engine as they named it), which has to date been a monumental bust for them. The Last Remnant was produced using Unreal Engine 3, not the White Engine, and the late uptake for the White Engine has cuased massive delays in FFXIII's development.

Compare this to Capcom who went into this generation with a cross platform engine in mind nearly from day one, and who quickly made it the core framework of the company's games development. There is a reason why Capcom is already nearing completion on Lost Planet 2, has Dead Rising well into development, supposedly another Devil May Cry, etc.. Its also the same reason we saw quality PC releases of most of their new titles almost imediately after their console counterparts. Their development engine allows for quick portability across the three cornerstone platforms for "harcore" gamers (PS3, 360, and PC) and they've made perfect use of the similar architectures of all three to have massive success.

McDman
06-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Its the name of a town in Brazil, where one of the developers originates from. It also means birth in Portuguese, so its rather fitting.

Milo was creepy as hell (why are you wasting your time on a pedo game Peter?) but there is a lot of potential there. We'll see where they can go with it. If they don't have compelling software that does impressive things with it out of the gate or very near to it then no one will particularly care though and it'll be a secondary item much like Sony's EyeToy.

Then you obviously haven't played Planescape: Torment, The Longest Journey, any of about a dozen Sierra adventure games including anything by Tim Schaffer, Fallout 1 or 2, Baldur's Gate 1 or 2 (with expansions), System Shock 1 or 2, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, Final Fantasy Tactics (quality translation or original Japanese), Vagrant Story, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, Beyond Good and Evil, or about a hundred other games I could continue to mention.

Mass Effect has an ok story. Better than most video games, but its not particularly amazing, and the game as a whole only helps to reinforce the belief that Bioware + console = watered down games devoid of the character and real choice present in their best PC only releases.

My game of the show is easily The Last Guardian, by Team Ico. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are the two best arguments one can make for video games as art, and I'm expecting another instant classic from them.

I like that Konami is finally showing Castlevania some finanical and internal talent love, putting a real budget behind Lords of Shadow and having Kojima directly involved, thats a big plus.

I'll look forward to seeing what the post-Itagaki remnants of Team Ninja do with Metroid: Other M. Lot of potential for greatness or suck there, we'll see.

The art direction on FFXIV is pretty impressive, you can see the Vagrant Story/FFT/FF12 aspects in the design. Might be the first MMO I actually put some of my own money into.

As for people wondering why FFXIII has been delayed so much: Square really went into this generation with no real business plan. They massively fumbled the ball, and it really started with FFXII when they pushed Matsuno to make massive game changes he didn't want (Vaan even existing instead of Baasch as the lead) and then pushed him out when the game was only partially completed. They feel that mainline single player FF's need to conform to some J-pop cliche tween to late teen demographic and when someone with real insight into how to write, direct, and produce a compelling mature story comes along they piss away the chance for fear of losing their target demographic. FFXIII's development has been a mad dash to keep appealing to that same demographic with over the top production values and visuals.

This lack of vision has extended to the technical side of the company as well, where after FFXIII was already well into production they attempted to move all of SE to a standardized development tool (the White Engine as they named it), which has to date been a monumental bust for them. The Last Remnant was produced using Unreal Engine 3, not the White Engine, and the late uptake for the White Engine has cuased massive delays in FFXIII's development.

Compare this to Capcom who went into this generation with a cross platform engine in mind nearly from day one, and who quickly made it the core framework of the company's games development. There is a reason why Capcom is already nearing completion on Lost Planet 2, has Dead Rising well into development, supposedly another Devil May Cry, etc.. Its also the same reason we saw quality PC releases of most of their new titles almost imediately after their console counterparts. Their development engine allows for quick portability across the three cornerstone platforms for "harcore" gamers (PS3, 360, and PC) and they've made perfect use of the similar architectures of all three to have massive success.

I forgot about Baldur's Gate. Those might be the best games ever made.

Chris
06-05-2009, 10:39 AM
http://www.gameplasma.com/images2/image002(1).jpg

Doggcow
06-05-2009, 10:45 AM

I played the fallouts and balders gate and many of the games you mentioned, and they wern't enthralling. Neither was Ico or Shadow of the Colossus. The last guardian looks like another one of their games that should be on Nickolodean, definately will not waste any time with it.

Drek
06-05-2009, 12:58 PM
I forgot about Baldur's Gate. Those might be the best games ever made.

Baldur's Gate 2 + Throne of Bhaal + unofficial end patch probably is the single greatest video game ever made.

I played the fallouts and balders gate and many of the games you mentioned, and they wern't enthralling. Neither was Ico or Shadow of the Colossus. The last guardian looks like another one of their games that should be on Nickolodean, definately will not waste any time with it.

The hell? I mean there's no accounting for taste, but this doesn't even make sense.

Flex Gunmetal
06-05-2009, 02:22 PM
I don't play online. I just go against the Puter. But it is suprisingly deep. And you get owned if you specialize too much. Unlike most fight games.

It's awesome. After a while online you learn a lot. I'm 50-25 or so mostly w/ Matt Hughes. His G+P is beserk. If anyone wants to play on 360 my GT is Stef Money.

UberBroncoMan
06-05-2009, 03:22 PM
To me Uncharted 2 and The Old Republic owned E3.

Uncharted 2 appears to be an astonishingly well done almost cinematic experience in video game format and The Old Republic is going to be what kills off World of Warcraft.

Microsoft and Sony copying Nintendo's motion controller idea was inevitable.

Doggcow
06-05-2009, 05:34 PM

Uncharted 2 appears to be an astonishingly well done almost cinematic experience in video game format and The Old Republic is going to be what kills off World of Warcraft.

I disagree on Old Republic. There's just something that doesn't pan out for Sci-Fi MMO's. The logistics of them don't work, you don't have dragons and **** (even if you have those giant worms and whatnot, realistically whats going to drop from them makes no sense).

TDmvp
06-05-2009, 05:46 PM
I disagree on Old Republic. There's just something that doesn't pan out for Sci-Fi MMO's. The logistics of them don't work, you don't have dragons and **** (even if you have those giant worms and whatnot, realistically whats going to drop from them makes no sense).

Yea they already tried a Star Wars mmo ... sucked em some @SS it did ...
no idea why they would make another...

Doggcow
06-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Yea they already tried a Star Wars mmo ... sucked em some @SS it did ...
no idea why they would make another...

Cuz everyone wants to be jedi, but everyone can't be, so 90% of the population quits after a month or two. Especially in PVP when you just get ****ing annihilated by lightsabers.

TDmvp
06-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Cuz everyone wants to be jedi, but everyone can't be, so 90% of the population quits after a month or two. Especially in PVP when you just get ****ing annihilated by lightsabers.

I used to play a lot of EQ and Dark ages of Camelot ... Loved PVP in DAOC ...

Nothing cooler then 1 shotting people with my scout LOL ...

By the time they seen me unstealthed and notice I'm pointing a bow at them they are dead LOL ...

Had to quit tho ... between MMOs and madden online i was a addict ...Hilarious!

rubaiyat
06-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Looks really sweet! I loved what they did with Milo! I was really impressed with Microsofts conf. PS3 actually had a really good controler and games, loved there conf as well. Nintendos was horrible AGAIN. Wow Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid 2 will be out around June 2010!!! Its already been 1 yr, guess waiting another year to turn on my Wii isnt that big of deal.

Alan Wake, FF13, Halo ODST/Halo Fall Reach, Forza 3, MAG, God of War 3, Beatles, and Left for Dead 2 all looked amazing! Another great year for my 360 and maybe something worth a darn on my PS3!

Not quite with Metroid. It's not a sequel to anything directly.

rubaiyat
06-05-2009, 07:41 PM

I'm going with Scribblenauts as game of show.