PDA

View Full Version : Nice Video of McD coachin' up Orton - and more Marshall talk

Hulamau
06-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Check out this video of McD coaching up Orton. Gotta love McD's focused hands-on handling and teaching of all the QBs! By the end of training camp, and through all the coaching they will get in real game day situations this first season, this kind of hyper-detail and concentration on form, function, and accuracy is gonna make these QB's the very best they possibly can be.

Now I see how Cassel went from career bench-warmer to 11 game winner with McD doing his thing with him. Cutler was a ****ing Fool to whine his way out of this golden opportunity to make some real improvement in his game Now he's got the astute QB tutelage of Ron Turner . :clown:

What a shame, who knows how good Cutler could have become had he gone back to 'school' with McD. But we're lucky to have a guy who knows how to get the best out of whatever QB's we will have.

http://videocenter.denverpost.com/services/player/bcpid934052406?bctid=25217523001

Broncos' McDaniels happy with NFL decision on Marshall

By Mike Chambers
The Denver Post

Before attempting to contact Brandon Marshall on Wednesday, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels discussed the NFL's decision in not suspending Denver's standout receiver for his March 1 arrest for disorderly conduct in the Atlanta area.

The case was dismissed March 2 and Marshall received a letter from the league Tuesday saying he would not be disciplined for the incident.

"Happy that the league reviewed that situation and put it behind them, and looking forward for Brandon playing a full season," McDaniels said after a passing camp practice at team headquarters today. "We'll talk here shortly. I'm sure he's relieved that that's past him as well."

McDaniels said he is not concerned that Marshall is rehabilitating from his hip surgery in Orlando.

"Rehab is going fine. He's doing everything he's supposed to be doing, everything he could be doing," McDaniels said. "None of our injured players are out here. That's standard procedure, so he wouldn't be out here either. We're excited about the opportunity to get him into the offense when he's healthy."

Footnote

Defensive end Elvis Dumervil was excused from the past two passing-camp workouts for personal reasons. He returned to Dove Valley following the Wednesday workout.

Full article: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12510986

More photos of passing camp here: http://photos.denverpost.com/photoprojects/galleries/sportsgalleryV6.html#id=album-5279&num=1

FireFly
06-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Nice. Looks and sounds like a head coach who knows what he's doing. Time will tell if he actually does!

But I have faith :)

cutthemdown
06-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Mcdaniels will be a success if Nolan can get the defense turned around.

Punisher
06-03-2009, 11:57 PM
I have a good feeling about Orton....

BroncoDoug
06-04-2009, 12:12 AM
As a lifelong Bears hater it still pains me to see Orton in a Broncos uni... :(

telluride
06-04-2009, 11:00 AM
That video is fascinating stuff. I really wish some reporter would just concentrate on that one specific storyline, and follow it through the entire camp: McDaniels taking apart Orton & Simms mechanics/habits and reteaching them how to play the position. I'd love to know (and even see) all the little things that are being done.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-04-2009, 11:02 AM
That video is fascinating stuff. I really wish some reporter would just concentrate on that one specific storyline, and follow it through the entire camp: McDaniels taking apart Orton & Simms mechanics/habits and reteaching them how to play the position. I'd love to know (and even see) all the little things that are being done.

Nah. That's the sort of storyline that would actually SELL papers... they couldnt' be bothered to do something like that...

Gcver2ver3
06-04-2009, 11:22 AM
the broncos are doing great things right now...

i will be bumping threads left and right during the season...

c_lazy_r
06-04-2009, 11:34 AM
I have a good feeling about Orton....

Kinda funny but I have the same feeling.

telluride
06-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Nah. That's the sort of storyline that would actually SELL papers... they couldnt' be bothered to do something like that...

Maybe some enterprising writer will take it on themselves. Could be a really great piece, akin to a Michael Lewis piece, or that article some years back that explained how Tiger Woods took apart his entire swing and then remade it.

Damn. Now I've talked myself into really wanting to read such a piece. Step by step on what McD is doing. The techniques he's using -- like that interesting snippet on them employing a groundlevel camera to study footwork. And then Orton/Simms/Brand-etc.'s thoughts and reactions to it all. Day by day stuff for the next three months.

Any lurking reporters out there? Go do it!

alkemical
06-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Kinda funny but I have the same feeling.

I look at orton as a good system QB. Not a franchise qb like cutler was...but i think he'll be ok.

chawknz
06-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Watching these videos and reading these stories continues to fuel my hope that this season isn't going to be the disaster a lot of people think it will.

I have a lot of faith in McD and can't wait to see what he does with the Broncos. The season can't start soon enough.
:strong:

Hulamau
06-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Maybe some enterprising writer will take it on themselves. Could be a really great piece, akin to a Michael Lewis piece, or that article some years back that explained how Tiger Woods took apart his entire swing and then remade it.

Damn. Now I've talked myself into really wanting to read such a piece. Step by step on what McD is doing. The techniques he's using -- like that interesting snippet on them employing a groundlevel camera to study footwork. And then Orton/Simms/Brand-etc.'s thoughts and reactions to it all. Day by day stuff for the next three months.

Any lurking reporters out there? Go do it!

Yep, there are all sort of little signs that there's a new sheriff in town and he's got his act together. Will be interesting to see it all play out!

Orton and Simms are too lucky QB's to get this kind of retooling/ fine tuning at this stage of their careers and both now with a very QB friendly offense.

telluride
06-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Yep, there are all sort of little signs that there's a new sheriff in town and he's got his act together. Will be interesting to see it all play out!

Orton and Simms are too lucky QB's to get this kind of retooling/ fine tuning at this stage of their careers and both now with a very QB friendly offense.

Curious to see what becomes of Tom Brandstater [sp], too....

Popps
06-04-2009, 03:43 PM
I said almost from day one that Cutler looked like he had mechanical issues and really could have used a hands-on QB coach. Orton may not have near the physical tools Cutler had, but you get the idea that our QBs won't be stepping out on the field without very good mechanical coaching.

Great stuff.

BMarsh615
06-04-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm glad Bowlen fired Shanahan just so he could hire a QB coach.

The next 5 years have disaster written all over it.ROFL!

scttgrd
06-04-2009, 03:52 PM

Shhhh, don't ruin the fun. Don't you know we are going to the playoffs this year, then the superbowl. Right after that Orton heads to Canton!

XXXII
06-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Shhhh, don't ruin the fun. Don't you know we are going to the playoffs this year, then the superbowl. Right after that Orton heads to Canton!

as amusing as the sarcasm is, let's go the doom and gloom route shall we, just how great have the last 3 years been exactly? Might as well wait and see and hope for the best. I would like it very much to see this McDaniels thing suceed because with his success hopefully so will the Broncos succeed.

scttgrd
06-04-2009, 04:10 PM
I think mostly us Bronco fans have been pretty spoiled. When was the last time the team had back to back losing seasons? Also it can be said when was the last time we were in real contention? Which are we closer to right now? I had no problem with firing Shanahan, but I just don't think McDaniels is the right guy.

Broncojef
06-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Hopefully the same thing is being done with our Defensive Linemen. I have faith in McDaniels and think he will be a great hire long term.

garandman
06-04-2009, 04:20 PM
I have been a hater since McDaniels got here, but his coaching looks like he might be the real deal. I just wish it would have been #6 out getting "coached up".

telluride
06-04-2009, 04:24 PM

I really don't understand the urge to drop into a thread simply to piss all over it.