PDA

View Full Version : Spencer Larsen - 3 way player

gyldenlove
06-03-2009, 06:47 AM
From the DB (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12506354)

Larsen still views his primary position as linebacker, where he is expected to play behind Andra Davis and D.J. Williams at the inside positions in the 3-4 defensive scheme. But Larsen is getting his share of reps at fullback, too, and is expected to be a key member of up to four special-teams units.

I guess it is just a question of time before he figures as the emergency QB, defensive assistant, equipment manager and valet.

It is a small wonder this guy is a fan favourite, you just don't get throwback players like this anymore.

vancejohnson82
06-03-2009, 06:53 AM
I thought this was going to be about Spencer Larsen and two women

gyldenlove
06-03-2009, 07:15 AM
I thought this was going to be about Spencer Larsen and two women

I did that on purpose.

Beantown Bronco
06-03-2009, 07:18 AM
From the DB (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12506354)

I guess it is just a question of time before he figures as the emergency QB, defensive assistant, equipment manager and valet.

What about trainer or team doctor? They need one of those at least as much.

gyldenlove
06-03-2009, 07:24 AM
What about trainer or team doctor? They need one of those at least as much.

Good point, but that would make sense.

Cmac821
06-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Lets cut down on posting things from DENVERBRONCOS. COM. I am sure we all check that site daily

Beantown Bronco
06-03-2009, 08:55 AM
Lets cut down on posting things from DENVERBRONCOS. COM. I am sure we all check that site daily

Weird request.

Should he stop linking any stories from the local papers, nfl.com or espn.com as well....because certainly we all check those pretty much on a daily basis?

Just because people may have already seen the article on their own doesn't mean they don't want to come here to discuss it with their online buds. That's the whole point of this place.

If we only posted stories from oddball sources that few had access to, this place would be tumbleweeds.

Broncos123
06-03-2009, 08:57 AM
You might as well add CNN sports and USA Today and Pro FootballTalk

Borks147
06-03-2009, 09:18 AM

I actually never check that website...anything interesting on it pops up here anyway.

Popps
06-03-2009, 09:31 AM

Wrong.

It's useful for those of us who sometimes only have time to skim the Mane to get all of our Broncos news at once.

Maybe let's cut down on people with a couple hundred posts trying to dictate how this forum is run, instead.

Tombstone RJ
06-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Wrong.

It's useful for those of us who sometimes only have time to skim the Mane to get all of our Broncos news at once.

Maybe let's cut down on people with a couple hundred posts trying to dictate how this forum is run, instead.

YAH! So There!

missingnumber7
06-03-2009, 11:11 AM
This thread got flagged at work.

Los Broncos
06-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Two in the pink and one in the stink, that's a 3 way baby.

Doggcow
06-03-2009, 12:38 PM

I actually don't. I prefer actual intellectual discourse, like what is offered by bob and mock! Can't get that at Denverbroncos.com!

Kaylore
06-03-2009, 12:39 PM
The best news of this is that Larsen is now spending most of his time with the linebackers and special teams and then filling in occasionally on offense.

ward63
06-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Did Vrabel play ST's? Just wondering b/c I could see Larsen being the same....minus the receiving td passes, but rather blocking for them

Broncos4Life
06-03-2009, 08:43 PM
From the DB (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12506354) I guess it is just a question of time before he figures as the emergency QB, defensive assistant, equipment manager and valet. It is a small wonder this guy is a fan favourite, you just don't get throwback players like this anymore.dude i met larsons brother in law at a pre season game last year @ the arizona cardinals game. straight up football player man.they love him out here in arizona.that hit he dished out on st in k.c. was awesome. he freakin destroyed that guy(dont remember who it was).im lookin forward to some more of that plus some stuf f in goaline situations as well.this may be the jersey to buy for all you maners that cant decide on a current player jersey.im thinkin of gettin a throwback larson jersey next month.

Punisher
06-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Larsen is god

FireFly
06-03-2009, 11:28 PM
I actually never check that website...anything interesting on it pops up here anyway.

I'm with you. I don't have time to check every single website for Bronco information. In fact I barely have time to check 2 or 3. Which is why I primarily come here. Anything worth being discussed related to the Broncos gets discussed here or its not worth mentioning.

One of the things I love about the Mane :notworthy

FireFly
06-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Wrong.

Oh snap! Ha!

And regarding the football element of this thread, I'm thrilled that Larsen is getting onto the field in any capacity, but I really do hope that the focus is on his role in the defense and on special teams.

He might not ever become a 1st team defensive superstar, but he could be a ST gunner for years to come! --And hopefully crack the 1st team as well if he keeps working hard!