PDA

View Full Version : OT: Broncos Helmet anyone?

garandman
06-02-2009, 09:27 PM
First, I know this is a breach of the rules but I ask mercy from the mods on this one, I know this is not Ebay but I am in a pinch, a while back some one posted some info about Bronco stuff on Ebay, and I mentioned that I had just lost my job and was considering selling some stuff there to put food on the table, well turns out I was able to put in online and had met my reserve price only to have Ebay pull the listing because it said my account was linked with someone else that owed money to them which is crazy because I never sold anything on there before but the appeal process takes a few days and I really need some cash asap.

What I am asking is if someone would be interested in buying this they would:

A. Helping my family and I greatly even though it is a modest amount it would make a huge difference.

B. You would be getting an awesome helmet...

Story behind the helmet:

I was at the NFL experience during the Superbowl in Atlanta (I think 1990) and I purchased an "Authentic, on the field" new Denver Broncos Full size helmet, and of course back then the big D with a horse in the middle was current, I Paid close to $400 for it, I knew Elway was going to be signing Autographs that day so I waited over 2hrs to get him to sign this thing, and it looks awesome.

Note: I dont have a certificate of authenticity (I had him sign it personally, I didnt think I would ever have to sell it)

Helmet is in very good condition, a couple of minor scuffs which are hardly noticeable.

Please PM me if you are interested, I REALLY appreciate it guys.

I am asking $150 for it, that was my reserve price on EBAY, but send me your best offer...

Los Broncos
06-02-2009, 09:38 PM
I was shopping around last night for a helmet online.

Want one to get autographs and hang on the wall or in a case.

There is isn't a fan I know who has something like that.

bombay
06-02-2009, 09:38 PM
I wish you were in Denver. I'd pay $150 for that helmet in a heartbeat if I could look at it.

garandman
06-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I do to.. It's Hard selling Broncos stuff in freakin Orlando..
The best I could do is take some Hi Res pics and email them to you...

Did you look at the attached images? They suck quality wise because of the size limits on the Orangemane site

Los Broncos
06-02-2009, 09:42 PM
First, I know this is a breach of the rules but I ask mercy from the mods on this one, I know this is not Ebay but I am in a pinch, a while back some one posted some info about Bronco stuff on Ebay, and I mentioned that I had just lost my job and was considering selling some stuff there to put food on the table, well turns out I was able to put in online and had met my reserve price only to have Ebay pull the listing because it said my account was linked with someone else that owed money to them which is crazy because I never sold anything on there before but the appeal process takes a few days and I really need some cash asap.

What I am asking is if someone would be interested in buying this they would:

A. Helping my family and I greatly even though it is a modest amount it would make a huge difference.

B. You would be getting an awesome helmet...

Story behind the helmet:

I was at the NFL experience during the Superbowl in Atlanta (I think 1990) and I purchased an "Authentic, on the field" new Denver Broncos Full size helmet, and of course back then the big D with a horse in the middle was current, I Paid close to $400 for it, I knew Elway was going to be signing Autographs that day so I waited over 2hrs to get him to sign this thing, and it looks awesome.

Note: I dont have a certificate of authenticity (I had him sign it personally, I didnt think I would ever have to sell it)

Helmet is in very good condition, a couple of minor scuffs which are hardly noticeable.

Please PM me if you are interested, I REALLY appreciate it guys.

I am asking $150 for it, that was my reserve price on EBAY, but send me your best offer...

That helmet is sick!

garandman
06-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Yeah, Paypal is the way to go.. I will try to get some to you tonight...Thanks

bombay
06-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah, Paypal is the way to go.. I will try to get some to you tonight...Thanks

Alright. I'll buy it unless someone outbids me.

BroncoMan4ever
06-02-2009, 09:49 PM
I was shopping around last night for a helmet online.

Want one to get autographs and hang on the wall or in a case.

There is isn't a fan I know who has something like that.

i have a helmet with every player from Super Bowl XXXII autograph.

i have it behind glass and i will never part with that helmet.

Los Broncos
06-02-2009, 09:51 PM
i have a helmet with every player from Super Bowl XXXII autograph.

i have it behind glass and i will never part with that helmet.

Well other than people here I know, I meant people I've actually met.

But that is sweet man, I really want something like that.

garandman
06-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Bombay, I sent you an email with the good pics, I am not interested in a "bidding war", not that I wouldn't take more money but if you really want it, its yours at $150, would you cover the shipping on it? I dont think it would be more than $15 ups ground, unless you want it faster...

bombay
06-02-2009, 10:01 PM
The pics didn't come through, but I can see the ones you posted. I'll buy it, please send paypal instructions, and I'll pay the shipping. I'm not in a hurry.

BroncoBuff
06-02-2009, 10:06 PM
The helmet itself is not an authentic onfield helmet ... but the signature is a 100% bonafide John Elway.

Take it from his "autograph coordinator," 1984-85 ;D

garandman
06-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Bombay, Ill email you the paypal stuff,I really appreciate it.

Yes the helmet is the real deal, The Pro-Line tag (still on it) means it is field ready, I dont know if they even have that anymore, But if you had a big head, you could wear it and take a hit from ray lewis and survive!

bombay
06-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Bombay, Ill email you the paypal stuff,I really appreciate it.

Yes the helmet is the real deal, The Pro-Line tag (still on it) means it is field ready, I dont know if they even have that anymore, But if you had a big head, you could wear it and take a hit from ray lewis and survive!

Yeah. Looks like the real deal to me. And I've got enough of Elway's sigs to recognize it. His penmanship is second among athletes only to Johnny Bench, who must be gay.

garandman
06-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Payment request was sent to your email Bombay. I promise to get it out as soon as I can.. Thanks, you have no idea how much that helps me out

bombay
06-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Payment request was sent to your email Bombay. I promise to get it out as soon as I can.. Thanks, you have no idea how much that helps me out

I just sent payment, please verify that you got it. Paypal made me give them a second card, which I thought was strange because I have lots of available credit.

And thanks, Scott. I can't wait to get this helmet. I'll give it a good home next to my orange autographed Elway jersey.

Hogan11
06-02-2009, 10:36 PM
I just sent payment, please verify that you got it. Paypal made me give them a second card, which I thought was strange because I have lots of available credit.

And thanks, Scott. I can't wait to get this helmet. I'll give it a good home next to my orange autographed Elway jersey.

That's a very nice score :thumbsup:

bombay
06-02-2009, 10:38 PM
That's a very nice score :thumbsup:

Yeah. An indulgance, but what the hell?

garandman
06-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Michael,

Got the Payment, I will get it out to you no later than Thursday, I will try to do it tomorrow. Thanks again.. GO Broncos

bronco610
06-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Bombay, you are so lucky I didn't get on the board earlier. Nice score!!!!!

BroncoMan4ever
06-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Well other than people here I know, I meant people I've actually met.

But that is sweet man, I really want something like that.

cost me 2200 in 2004. but i figure it is well worth it. probably worth more now than it was then.

Los Broncos
06-02-2009, 11:04 PM
cost me 2200 in 2004. but i figure it is well worth it. probably worth more now than it was then.

Wow that's a lot coin well spent, by the way who is that in your avatar?

bombay
06-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Just got the helmet, Scott.

Many thanks. The pictures don't do it justice.

Doggcow
06-12-2009, 11:42 AM
I'd never pay for autographs. Its the story behind them that is the best!

Chris
06-12-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm sorry you had to sell this.