PDA

View Full Version : OT: BlackBerry Storm

maher_tyler
06-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Just got it yesterday and so far so good..other than when i downloaded the updates from the disk you get with it..it deleted all my contacts. Other than that this thing is pretty sweet!! Anyone else have one?! Are there any places to go or apps you can put on it to get free ringtones etc??

footstepsfrom#27
06-02-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm moving to one in July...they told me at the Verizon store it has some bugs and would take till then to dig 'em out.

Tankgunner95
06-02-2009, 06:11 PM
I had one right when they came out, took it on a golf outing, had it in my pocket and then went to look and see what time it was and the damn thing would not come on. Piecce of crap.

maher_tyler
06-02-2009, 06:44 PM
I had one right when they came out, took it on a golf outing, had it in my pocket and then went to look and see what time it was and the damn thing would not come on. Piecce of crap.

Like i said, so far so good...a friend has one and hasn't had any problems with his either.

broncosteven
06-02-2009, 06:55 PM
You dared to not buy the iPhone?...!...?

HAT
06-02-2009, 07:41 PM
I've been a Treo user since the 300 but finally decided to switch from Sprint to VZ when I saw the storm in January....Thank god VZ had the 30 day return policy. Storm is a POS.

Traded mine back in for a Centro and will be getting the Pre when Sprint's exclusive runs out and VZ adds it next January.

maher_tyler
06-02-2009, 07:51 PM
I've been a Treo user since the 300 but finally decided to switch from Sprint to VZ when I saw the storm in January....Thank god VZ had the 30 day return policy. Storm is a POS.

Traded mine back in for a Centro and will be getting the Pre when Sprint's exclusive runs out and VZ adds it next January.

I got insurance on it so if does go south i'll just get something else...but so far its pretty sick. I dont need it but if i did, i can use the phone as a modem and plug it into a laptop or PC and have the internet that way. Best phone that i've had so far. I'll tell you one thing, i'll never own another Moterolla!!

bronco_boi_5280
06-02-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm rocking a Storm, and I love it.

Same thing basically happened to me though. I've had mine for a couple months, and last night I hooked it up to my comp and downloaded this big update for it. Contacts, gone. Had to go to Verizon to get them to transfer my numbers from my old phone, which thankfully I still had.

But I'm a full blown Crackberry addict. I'll never own another phone.

HAT
06-02-2009, 08:22 PM
I got insurance on it so if does go south i'll just get something else...but so far its pretty sick. I dont need it but if i did, i can use the phone as a modem and plug it into a laptop or PC and have the internet that way. Best phone that i've had so far. I'll tell you one thing, i'll never own another Moterolla!!

I didn't mean POS for faulty hardware...I just hated it. I knew there'd be a learning curve being a long time Palm user....and I really delved in for 4 weeks and tried.

Ended up just finding it too clunky...didn't like the browser, the contact mgmt., the clickable screen, the texting software, etc.

I knew eventually there'd be 3rd party programs that would be way better but I wasn't gonna stick around and wait for the app store to open.

My ex-wife got one right around the same time and she loves it....But then again, she never really had a smart phone previously...only standard issue clam shells.

Glad you like it.

Can't wait to get my hands on a Pre, but unfortunately I can't go back to Sprint so I have to wait until VZ gets it in 2010.

Conklin
06-02-2009, 08:24 PM
HTC Touch Pro is what i'm rockin atm, 10x better than the storm ever will be

maher_tyler
06-02-2009, 08:46 PM
HTC Touch Pro is what i'm rockin atm, 10x better than the storm ever will be

My co-worker has that phone and doesn't speak to highly of it..says it freezes up all the time and gets really hot.

Conklin
06-02-2009, 08:52 PM
My co-worker has that phone and doesn't speak to highly of it..says it freezes up all the time and gets really hot.

it does get hot, and it runs windows, the occasional freeze up is kinda anticipated, it does do more than just about any smart phone on the market today

Tyrant
06-02-2009, 09:28 PM
I've had mine for about four months now. Overall, I like it a lot.

It freezes every now and then -- I usually have to do a battery pull about once a week. But it's not a big deal.

I use it extensively with work which has set it up with a Enterprise server, and it works like a charm with my Outlook and calander.

The camera function on it sucks...but I never use it for a camera anyway so I don't really care about that.

The typing on the screen takes a while to get used to, but now I'm just as fast on it as I was on my BB 8300.

Overall, its not bad. Its one big software upgrade away from being pretty good.

maher_tyler
06-02-2009, 09:44 PM
I've had mine for about four months now. Overall, I like it a lot.

It freezes every now and then -- I usually have to do a battery pull about once a week. But it's not a big deal.

I use it extensively with work which has set it up with a Enterprise server, and it works like a charm with my Outlook and calander.

The camera function on it sucks...but I never use it for a camera anyway so I don't really care about that.

The typing on the screen takes a while to get used to, but now I'm just as fast on it as I was on my BB 8300.

Overall, its not bad. Its one big software upgrade away from being pretty good.

There are ups and downs to everything but think about it...you pretty much have a mini laptop in your hands, its amazing! There is a program that you can download called "quick pull V2" and you can set up a time where its like pulling the battery out only it does it every day. Just search quick pull on the google deal unless you dont mind taking your battery out once a week!

Taco John
06-02-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm picking up the Palm Pre this weekend, and am stoked for it. I dropped my current cell phone in the drink about two weeks ago. It's working mostly, except for the crucial thing: phone service.

But I have an upgrade coming from Sprint, so I'm getting the latest and the greatest. I thought about switching to the Blackberry until I found out that it isn't a touchscreen... Dealbreaker there for me.

SJ Bronco
06-02-2009, 10:03 PM
i didnt like the storm, hucked it for the iphone 3G. the new palm pre is awesome from what people have told me. i gotta check it out.

elsid13
06-03-2009, 02:46 AM
When does the Storm II come out. I understand that is the one that has all the fixes and is better product then early rushed out one.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-03-2009, 06:06 AM
I've got one, and I've had it since about December of '08. It has been a great phone for me, though I do have to pull the battery if it freezes on occasion. Not the end of the world, although if you're in a hurry to do something when you need to pull the batt, that really sucks.

Get one of the hard, plastic cases. Those soft skin ones are a joke, don't protect it at all, and make it impossible to go in/out of your pocket with it. That said, the hard plastic case makes the phone quite a bit bigger, which is unfortunate.

Can't wait til the iPhone comes to VZ.

HILife
06-03-2009, 07:43 AM
I've got one, and I've had it since about December of '08. It has been a great phone for me, though I do have to pull the battery if it freezes on occasion. Not the end of the world, although if you're in a hurry to do something when you need to pull the batt, that really sucks.

Get one of the hard, plastic cases. Those soft skin ones are a joke, don't protect it at all, and make it impossible to go in/out of your pocket with it. That said, the hard plastic case makes the phone quite a bit bigger, which is unfortunate.

Can't wait til the iPhone comes to VZ.

I can't WAIT till the iPhone is for VZ. I'll be waiting in line for that. I've wanted a iPhone since the 2nd gen came out, but don't want to switch to AT&T. I haven't heard of it coming out for VZ anytime soon or if it going to be at all. Have you?

Garcia Bronco
06-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Blackberries are a nightmare from an administration perspective. Most companies use microsoft exchange. You have to buy BES software to run it, plus a server Lic, and if you want BB support you have to pay for that yearly as well. I routinely try to get rid of them. Now you can use a BES like service through BB, but I disallow that here at my company.

Garcia Bronco
06-03-2009, 08:14 AM
I can't WAIT till the iPhone is for VZ. I'll be waiting in line for that. I've wanted a iPhone since the 2nd gen came out, but don't want to switch to AT&T. I haven't heard of it coming out for VZ anytime soon or if it going to be at all. Have you?

I don't think that's going to happen.

TailgateNut
06-03-2009, 08:31 AM
I love my CrackBerry. Re: losing your contacts: Back up your sytem before updating. Elementary, my dear.

Spider
06-03-2009, 08:33 AM
BlackBerry Storm ? BlackBerry Storm? .........why wasnt it called a whiteberry ? discrimination ..........

HILife
06-03-2009, 08:54 AM

:(

HILife
06-03-2009, 08:55 AM
BlackBerry Storm ? BlackBerry Storm? .........why wasnt it called a whiteberry ? discrimination ..........

I'm Broncofan7...and I approve this message.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-03-2009, 09:22 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/wireless/phones/2009-04-26-apple-verizon-iphone_N.htm

TailgateNut
06-03-2009, 09:24 AM
I'm Broncofan7...and I approve this message.

:spit:

Mountain Bronco
06-03-2009, 11:37 AM
I love mine. Crackberry.com has some apps and really good user tips in the forum as well.

Steve Prefontaine
06-09-2009, 01:44 PM
bump...

Anyone get the Palm Pre yet? If so, what do you think?

maher_tyler
06-09-2009, 05:07 PM
A week later and my storm is still running just fine...you just gotta pull the battery once in a while. I also have the hard plastic cover for it and the screen protectors.

Orange_Beard
06-09-2009, 05:21 PM
A week later and my storm is still running just fine...you just gotta pull the battery once in a while. I also have the hard plastic cover for it and the screen protectors.

That made in chuckle, "just gotta pull the battery once in a while".

maher_tyler
06-09-2009, 06:39 PM
That made in chuckle, "just gotta pull the battery once in a while".

I've done it once...and its a good idea for all phones not just the storm!

Orange_Beard
06-09-2009, 08:40 PM
I've done it once...and its a good idea for all phones not just the storm!

Well, just shows how we accept crappy technology. We pay good money for phones and expect them to crash. It's BS.

maher_tyler
06-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Well, just shows how we accept crappy technology. We pay good money for phones and expect them to crash. It's BS.

It hasnt crashed or anything, i just clears up stuff so it runs faster!!