PDA

View Full Version : which of these 2 movies will make more money at the box office?

FADERPROOF
06-02-2009, 04:59 PM
I just made a bet with someone about this, I personally thought that Transformers 2 would win by a landslide but after discussing with others at work I'm hearing that New Moon might take this. Looking for more opinions based solely on which movie will make more money at the box office.

Archer81
06-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Transformers because of the opening week. But you cant underestimate the ridiculousness of young teenage girls and horny older women.

:Broncos:

BroncsRule
06-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Transformers because of the opening week. But you cant underestimate the ridiculousness of young teenage girls and horny older women.

Heh. The ridiculousness of young teenage girls and horny older women can't hold a candle to the power of testosterone fueled male teenaged angst.

The boys win this one in a landslide.

Now, if those vampires could sing.. different story.

orangeatheist
06-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Never heard of that other movie.

Transformers by infinity.

SouthStndJunkie
06-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Transformers should easily make more money.

Archer81
06-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Heh. The ridiculousness of young teenage girls and horny older women can't hold a candle to the power of testosterone fueled male teenaged angst.

The boys win this one in a landslide.

Now, if those vampires could sing.. different story.

Think about it. A romantic, sensitive, always avaliable man who happens to be a vampire, throws in the risk of danger. Have him constantly save the girl he loves. 12-14 year old girls will go over and over and over again. Women married or single see this, and be like, why cant real men be like this, and see it over and over again. Now most of these angst riddled teenagers will dicover punani, and will go to see New Moon because the girl of the week he likes loves this flick. The same girl wont go see Transformers 2 over and over...Its like water dripping on rock...rock will lose eventually.

OABB
06-02-2009, 05:23 PM
This is the same country that has fallen for Adam Lambert...

who knows.

elsid13
06-02-2009, 05:33 PM
This is the same country that has fallen for Adam Lambert...

who knows.

Who???

Rashomon
06-02-2009, 05:44 PM
I just made a bet with someone about this, I personally thought that Transformers 2 would win by a landslide but after discussing with others at work I'm hearing that New Moon might take this. Looking for more opinions based solely on which movie will make more money at the box office.

Well, the first Transformers made 319M domestic, 708M worldwide, while Twilight made 191M domestic, 382M worldwide. I don't see any way that New Moon would do better, unless Transformers 2 is a real stinker. Just make sure your bet was for worldwide gross and you should be safe.

OABB
06-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Who???

I'd rather not say, I'm embarrassed for knowing, actually.

FADERPROOF
06-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Well, the first Transformers made 319M domestic, 708M worldwide, while Twilight made 191M domestic, 382M worldwide. I don't see any way that New Moon would do better, unless Transformers 2 is a real stinker. Just make sure your bet was for worldwide gross and you should be safe.

Yep, total worldwide gross. Transformers is the 30th top grossing film of all-time while twilight isn't in the top 50. True the fan base has exploded since but so has Transformers and I don't see how there will be that drastic of a step up for new moon or step down for transformers.

cutthemdown
06-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Twilight for sure. IE remember titanic? nothing says money like teenage girls with wet panties.

cutthemdown
06-02-2009, 07:07 PM
What about Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince?

That may just outdo all the others this summer.

OABB
06-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Twilight for sure. IE remember titanic? nothing says money like teenage girls with wet panties.

Nothing says wet panties like you having money!

Gcver2ver3
06-02-2009, 07:25 PM
what the heck is New Moon?...

and Twilight?...

HAT
06-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Transformers 2 is blowing away ($301/share) Twilight 2 ($186 per share) on Hollywood Stock Exchange.....

http://www.hsx.com/

You've got a free money bet there (basically)

cutthemdown
06-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Nothing says wet panties like you having money!

That is so true.

cutthemdown
06-02-2009, 07:51 PM
I guess I should rent Transformers, just didn't look that good to me, sort of silly really, but maybe I will check it out.

OABB
06-02-2009, 07:51 PM
I guess I should rent Transformers, just didn't look that good to me, sort of silly really, but maybe I will check it out.

It's fun...and Megan fox will make you spew in your pants.

Pat Bowlen
06-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Think about it. A romantic, sensitive, always avaliable man who happens to be a vampire, throws in the risk of danger. Have him constantly save the girl he loves. 12-14 year old girls will go over and over and over again. Women married or single see this, and be like, why cant real men be like this, and see it over and over again. Now most of these angst riddled teenagers will dicover punani, and will go to see New Moon because the girl of the week he likes loves this flick. The same girl wont go see Transformers 2 over and over...Its like water dripping on rock...rock will lose eventually.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=3142&dateline=1243638920

elsid13
06-02-2009, 08:06 PM
I'd rather not say, I'm embarrassed for knowing, actually.

So I can presume that it someone really gay and Spider would dig. :approve:

cutthemdown
06-02-2009, 08:17 PM
If I was a vampire I would totally kill a hot bitch every night, keep a bunch as slaves in my castle and make them like half vampire nymphs. I mean cmon you're a vampire don't be such a pussy!!!!!!

BroncoMan4ever
06-02-2009, 08:51 PM

transformers will make more in its first 2 weeks of release than Twilight is going to in its entire run.

Irish Stout
06-02-2009, 08:58 PM
I made a guess based on which movie I would rather see and deciding that it wouldn't do as well as the other one. After seeing the posts about Transformers doing so well compared to twilight, I would like to change my vote to Transformers 2. I didnt realize transformers had done so well.

Jason in LA
06-02-2009, 09:02 PM
I would say Transformers. Because most guys aren't going to see Twilight, unless they are dragged to the theater with their girlfriend. But a lot of women want to see Transformers.

Jason in LA
06-02-2009, 09:08 PM
If the numbers for the first movie in each series holds true, it will be Transformers, which made $319M. Twilight made $191M (which would indicate that Transformers 2 will not make more in its first two weekends than Twilight will make in its entire run. Somebody is wrong again, but he'll never admit it ;D )

gunns
06-02-2009, 09:16 PM

Sorry, I'm part of the latter and have no desire to go see New Moon. Or Transformers. Teenage angst doesn't satisfy us older horny women. I want to see Up! SQUIRREL!

BroncoMan4ever
06-02-2009, 10:00 PM
I would say Transformers. Because most guys aren't going to see Twilight, unless they are dragged to the theater with their girlfriend. But a lot of women want to see Transformers.

dude, i got dragged to the 1st one and i am going to get dragged to the new Twilight movie

BroncoMan4ever
06-02-2009, 10:03 PM
If the numbers for the first movie in each series holds true, it will be Transformers, which made $319M. Twilight made $191M (which would indicate that Transformers 2 will not make more in its first two weekends than Twilight will make in its entire run. Somebody is wrong again, but he'll never admit it ;D )

Transformers 2 will make in the range of 250million in it's 1st 2 weeks. Twilight might come close, but i seriously doubt it makes more than 250million.

also, what have i been wrong about that i didn't own up to?

BroncoMan4ever
06-02-2009, 10:08 PM

titanic only made that much money because it got released in December and was in theatres for like 6 months when no other big time movies were coming out. that movie had no competition until summer the following year.

and also, have you not seen Megan Fox's ass straddling that motorcycle in the trailer for Transformers 2? wet pantied chicks have nothing on boner packing teenage dudes.

Transformers 2 is the ultimate nerdgasm. Cars, robots, and a smoking hot chick. This movie will own Twilight at the box office.

Crushaholic
06-02-2009, 10:21 PM

Yep. That's the REAL battle. Transformers vs. Harry Potter. Both of those have mass appeal. The Twilight sequel will do good business, but it won't be the mega-blockbuster that Transformers or Harry Potter will end up being...

Jason in LA
06-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Transformers 2 will make in the range of 250million in it's 1st 2 weeks. Twilight might come close, but i seriously doubt it makes more than 250million.

also, what have i been wrong about that i didn't own up to?

You said that the Lakers couldn't win in Denver. You were being a total homer, but I was called a homer for saying that the Lakers could win in Denver, and because I didn't give the Nuggets a total ball washing. So then the Lakers win in Denver, and you didn't post in the thread anymore, even though the thread was at the top of the 1st page often over the next several days. So then the Lakers win a second time in Denver, and again, you never showed up.

Jason in LA
06-03-2009, 12:49 AM
dude, i got dragged to the 1st one and i am going to get dragged to the new Twilight movie

Not every guy allows their woman to drag them to see a movie that they don't want to see ;D

BroncoDoug
06-03-2009, 01:28 AM
titanic only made that much money because it got released in December and was in theatres for like 6 months when no other big time movies were coming out. that movie had no competition until summer the following year.

and also, have you not seen Megan Fox's ass straddling that motorcycle in the trailer for Transformers 2? wet pantied chicks have nothing on boner packing teenage dudes.

Transformers 2 is the ultimate nerdgasm. Cars, robots, and a smoking hot chick. This movie will own Twilight at the box office.

This...

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/85312/megan_fox.jpg

http://they.misled.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/megan_fox.jpg

FireFly
06-03-2009, 01:43 AM
What will be the better movie: Transformers
What will take more money: New Moon - by a large margin imo

The twighlight franchise is HUGE atm.

There is NO way I would have taken the bet against the teen appeal of Edward and his vampire crew (twilight)

FireFly
06-03-2009, 01:45 AM
Yep. That's the REAL battle. Transformers vs. Harry Potter. Both of those have mass appeal. The Twilight sequel will do good business, but it won't be the mega-blockbuster that Transformers or Harry Potter will end up being...

Mark my words, New Moon will gross more at the box office than the next harry potter film does!

BroncoMan4ever
06-03-2009, 02:21 AM
You said that the Lakers couldn't win in Denver. You were being a total homer, but I was called a homer for saying that the Lakers could win in Denver, and because I didn't give the Nuggets a total ball washing. So then the Lakers win in Denver, and you didn't post in the thread anymore, even though the thread was at the top of the 1st page often over the next several days. So then the Lakers win a second time in Denver, and again, you never showed up.

no, i was at work, and have a life outside of this board. sure i was wrong in my opinion, and i admit it. i don't constantly circle a board to back up opinions. i post and then come back a few days later and check out new threads.

BroncoMan4ever
06-03-2009, 02:23 AM
Not every guy allows their woman to drag them to see a movie that they don't want to see ;D

when it is a new relationship and the girl is smokin hot and you want to get laid, you let her drag you to a bad movie. then you feign interest in the movie and enjoy the rest of the night in the bedroom.

and since it is a year later and she is still hot. and since i still enjoy getting laid, i am going to let her drag me to the sequel and reap the rewards in bed later that night.

BroncoMan4ever
06-03-2009, 02:29 AM
Mark my words, New Moon will gross more at the box office than the next harry potter film does!

mark my words. new moon will make at least 100 million LESS than both Transformers 2 and Harry Potter

Beantown Bronco
06-03-2009, 06:36 AM
If there's one thing I know, it's movies. How anyone can do even 2 minutes worth of research on this and not come to the conclusion that Transformers 2 will probably double the worldwide gross of New Moon, much less simply beat it (which is the bet the original poster is entering), I'll never know.

Now if you want to know which one will "net" more money.....New Moon would stand a better chance here, since Transformers 2 cost so much more money to make. But that's not the bet.

(And for anyone arguing the "young teen girls and mommies" angle, you're forgetting the "under 12 crowd" that will be HEAVILY in favor of the Transformers movie. Young kids don't care about New Moon. They want to go to Toys R Us, McDonalds and Burger King to get their Transformers toys and go see that movie as many times as they can. You're probably talking at least 10:1 in that demographic.)

Beantown Bronco
06-03-2009, 06:45 AM

Insanity. The combined grosses of Twilight + New Moon still won't equal Transformers 2 alone. New Moon would have to make 3x more money than Twilight to win this time around. The franchise is big, but not as big as you think.

Now I know you are on drugs. The lowest grossing Harry Potter movie made $800,000,000 worldwide. The last one made $937,000,000.

Twilight made $350,000,000 worldwide.

Think about that for just a few seconds and come back and give me your reasoning for why New Moon will somehow triple what the last one did, while Harry Potter somehow tanks at the height of its popularity.

Jason in LA
06-03-2009, 08:03 AM
no, i was at work, and have a life outside of this board. sure i was wrong in my opinion, and i admit it. i don't constantly circle a board to back up opinions. i post and then come back a few days later and check out new threads.

That is total BS. You posted on this board everyday after that game. It's funny, you had all the time in the world to post in that thread multiple times, but once you were dead wrong, now you're at work and have a life outside of this board, which isn't valid point because like I just said, you posted on this board everyday after you were proven wrong. You avoided that thread. I wonder if you ever even opened it after the game. Your excuse is pretty lame.

Jason in LA
06-03-2009, 08:17 AM
when it is a new relationship and the girl is smokin hot and you want to get laid, you let her drag you to a bad movie. then you feign interest in the movie and enjoy the rest of the night in the bedroom.

and since it is a year later and she is still hot. and since i still enjoy getting laid, i am going to let her drag me to the sequel and reap the rewards in bed later that night.

Oh you're one of those guys. Let the chick run things so you can get some action. That's what is referred to as "the pussification of American men." You don't have to do that to get with hot chicks. You can get with hot chicks without letting them drag you all over the place. I don't see why guys believe that they have to bend over backwards just to get with a hot chick. If you know how to play your cards right, hot chicks are just like regular chicks. And the way I see it, there are so many hot chicks, why would you have to dragged around by any of them. If you can get one, you can certainly get another one.

Miss I.
06-03-2009, 09:57 AM
IMHO, as a female, I did see the first Twilight, and I though well this is lame. vampires are supposed to be hot and sexy, this was like vampires for kids...If I want to watch a vampire flick there are about a million I would watch first (like Lost Boys the original or Near Dark).

Not a big fan of Transformers, but I would say box office will go to Transformers, but the real question, is which will have the bigger profit. Twilight cost less to make and probably not has much to promote, advertise, etc, so it's possible that after cost revenue it might be bigger. I still doubt it, but it could.

And Titanic just possible not only brought in the repeat viewers of 12-15 year old girls, but also James Cameron Fans out of at least curiosity because the man has his fans from all the action flicks (all of which I preferred to Titanic, except maybe the Pirahna flick he made) Titanic was a Harlequiin romance with excellent special effects, cinematogaphy and set decoration. Aside from that I thought the story was fluff with caricatures rather then real people (as a woman, way to pragmantic to throw away a giant jewel worth bazillions, sell it and take care of the family you will leave behind).

HAT
06-03-2009, 10:44 AM
How anyone can do even 2 minutes worth of research on this and not come to the conclusion that Transformers 2 will probably double the worldwide gross of New Moon, much less simply beat it (which is the bet the original poster is entering), I'll never know.

No kidding....Just google "Transformers 2 versus new moon betting markets" and it's all laid out for you.

HAT
06-03-2009, 10:47 AM
If you know how to play your cards right, hot chicks are just like regular chicks.

Almost correct. Most are actually more insecure which makes them better. ^5

Jason in LA
06-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Almost correct. Most are actually more insecure which makes them better. ^5

Pretty much ;D

FADERPROOF
06-03-2009, 01:37 PM

Yeah i wouldn't put up any movie against Harry Potter, including transformers.

FADERPROOF
06-03-2009, 01:56 PM

There is NO way I would have taken the bet against the teen appeal of Edward and his vampire crew (twilight)

Really think it's gotten THAT huge over the past year? Transformers franchise has gotten bigger since 2007 so not does New moon need to do better than the 1st Transformers, but do better than an even bigger sequel. As for Edward, new moon might lose a decent amount of people going multiple times because he won't be in for a good portion of the movie. This movie is overall based on the close friendship of bella and jacob while Edward is away, many of those women will watch it once and leave saying,"not enough Edward" and won't go to theatres to see it again.

BroncoMan4ever
06-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Oh you're one of those guys. Let the chick run things so you can get some action. That's what is referred to as "the pussification of American men." You don't have to do that to get with hot chicks. You can get with hot chicks without letting them drag you all over the place. I don't see why guys believe that they have to bend over backwards just to get with a hot chick. If you know how to play your cards right, hot chicks are just like regular chicks. And the way I see it, there are so many hot chicks, why would you have to dragged around by any of them. If you can get one, you can certainly get another one.

i am doing fine in the getting with ladies department in life. i just look at it this way. 2 hours of boredom in a bad movie and getting rewarded with some hot ass later in the night for it, is better than continuous b****ing for hours on end, leading to not getting any for awhile from her. and i am not bending over backwards to make her happy. i like her and because of that i do things on occasion that she likes that may seem stupid to me, like seeing movies i have no interest in, or going to bad concerts with her, but for every thing i do with her that makes her happy that i am spending time with her at things she likes, she comes to stuff i like all the time.

she hated sports when i met her, but i have turned her into a football, basketball and hockey fan. she still doesn't care for baseball(can't blame her since the rockies suck again) we go to movies and concerts i like all the time.

and yes, if i wanted to i could tell her to kick rocks and bite me and then go pick up another chick and have a good time without seeing that movie. but i like this one, and i can deal with 2 hours of crappy movie to make her happy.

that isn't being a pussified american man, that is being a good man in a good relationship with a happy and hot chick.

now if you knew what you were talking about on the basis of being with a woman, you might get that. in a relationship there is give and take, i do things with her she likes that i don't like and she does things with me that she doesn't necessarily enjoy, but we have fun together.

Archer81
06-03-2009, 11:01 PM
IMHO, as a female, I did see the first Twilight, and I though well this is lame. vampires are supposed to be hot and sexy, this was like vampires for kids...If I want to watch a vampire flick there are about a million I would watch first (like Lost Boys the original or Near Dark).

Not a big fan of Transformers, but I would say box office will go to Transformers, but the real question, is which will have the bigger profit. Twilight cost less to make and probably not has much to promote, advertise, etc, so it's possible that after cost revenue it might be bigger. I still doubt it, but it could.

And Titanic just possible not only brought in the repeat viewers of 12-15 year old girls, but also James Cameron Fans out of at least curiosity because the man has his fans from all the action flicks (all of which I preferred to Titanic, except maybe the Pirahna flick he made) Titanic was a Harlequiin romance with excellent special effects, cinematogaphy and set decoration. Aside from that I thought the story was fluff with caricatures rather then real people (as a woman, way to pragmantic to throw away a giant jewel worth bazillions, sell it and take care of the family you will leave behind).

I clapped when Leo drowned. Also on Lost Boys...i didnt know vampire blood has glitter in it. Apparently its a secret only known to Joel Schumacher.

Miss I.
06-03-2009, 11:13 PM
I clapped when Leo drowned. Also on Lost Boys...i didnt know vampire blood has glitter in it. Apparently its a secret only known to Joel Schumacher.

Can't help it, fell in love with Lost Boys at 14 years old, see how those 14 year old girls are, but Jason Patric had the moody hot guy thing going on, but at least a far as vamp flicks it didn't bore me... perhaps not the best of the vamp flicks (actually I kind of like Buffy the vamp show best at this point, but I am sure there is something I am forgetting).

Archer81
06-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Can't help it, fell in love with Lost Boys at 14 years old, see how those 14 year old girls are, but Jason Patric had the moody hot guy thing going on, but at least a far as vamp flicks it didn't bore me... perhaps not the best of the vamp flicks (actually I kind of like Buffy the vamp show best at this point, but I am sure there is something I am forgetting).

I loved Lost Boys...for some reason it made sense to me. And yes...Jason Patrick...I loved Buffy TVS Series. Bram Stoker's Dracula was good. Hypersexual. I got laid off in March, so i have alot of free time, so I saw a vampire movie with alyssa milano from 1995...also watched the entire first season of trueblood. Blade 1 and 2 were good. Hmm...I thought Interview with the Vampire was completely gay.

BroncoMan4ever
06-03-2009, 11:21 PM
I loved Lost Boys...for some reason it made sense to me. And yes...Jason Patrick...I loved Buffy TVS Series. Bram Stoker's Dracula was good. Hypersexual. I got laid off in March, so i have alot of free time, so I saw a vampire movie with alyssa milano from 1995...also watched the entire first season of trueblood. Blade 1 and 2 were good. Hmm...I thought Interview with the Vampire was completely gay.

that Alyssa Milano vampire movie is basically soft porn. it is the kind of stuff that is shown at 2 in the morning on cinemax.(not that i am complaining, loved evey minute of Alyssa in that movie)

also, Lost Boys was a cool movie.

Archer81
06-03-2009, 11:26 PM
that Alyssa Milano vampire movie is basically soft porn. it is the kind of stuff that is shown at 2 in the morning on cinemax.(not that i am complaining, loved evey minute of Alyssa in that movie)

also, Lost Boys was a cool movie.

Yes. Right before Cleavagefield and followed by Davinci Coed...

I like alyssa milano. shes hot.

Lost Boys fortified my belief in getting a good dog.

Jason in LA
06-03-2009, 11:43 PM
i am doing fine in the getting with ladies department in life. i just look at it this way. 2 hours of boredom in a bad movie and getting rewarded with some hot ass later in the night for it, is better than continuous b****ing for hours on end, leading to not getting any for awhile from her. and i am not bending over backwards to make her happy. i like her and because of that i do things on occasion that she likes that may seem stupid to me, like seeing movies i have no interest in, or going to bad concerts with her, but for every thing i do with her that makes her happy that i am spending time with her at things she likes, she comes to stuff i like all the time.

she hated sports when i met her, but i have turned her into a football, basketball and hockey fan. she still doesn't care for baseball(can't blame her since the rockies suck again) we go to movies and concerts i like all the time.

and yes, if i wanted to i could tell her to kick rocks and bite me and then go pick up another chick and have a good time without seeing that movie. but i like this one, and i can deal with 2 hours of crappy movie to make her happy.

that isn't being a pussified american man, that is being a good man in a good relationship with a happy and hot chick.

now if you knew what you were talking about on the basis of being with a woman, you might get that. in a relationship there is give and take, i do things with her she likes that i don't like and she does things with me that she doesn't necessarily enjoy, but we have fun together.

The whole being "rewarded" thing means that she's really calling the shots. You shouldn't have to be rewarded with sex. Sex goes both ways, so I don't see why guys settle for being "rewarded" with it. Now I'm in no way advocating taking it, which would be rape. But as a guy you have to create a situation where she isn't calling the shots when you get it. Like, you have to do something nice to get it. Like, you have to do something that you really don't want to do to get it. Does she have to do something nice to get action from you? Nope. She could blow you off and you'd still give her action when she wanted it. Isn't there a problem with that situation?

I've learned to say "no", and it works great! So if a woman wants me to take her somewhere that I don't want to go, I simply tell her that I'll pass. I'll be nice about it. I'm not going to say "no" with an attitude. I'll say "no" in a nice way. And then I'll just meet up with her after she's done, and still get some action. If she really likes you, then you don't have to do those things that she wants you to do and she'll still really like you.

And save that if you're in a relationship stuff. It's the same concept if you're dating or in a relationship. Guys need to figure that out. It's pretty much too late for you with this one, because she's already laid the ground work for you having to please her to get some action. You have to set the ground work in the very beginning. If you're giving in in the beginning, you'll always be giving in. If you stand your ground in the beginning, you'll always be able to stand your ground. And if she fights you on that, then you know she isn't the right one.

It's funny, everytime I hear a guy talking about it's give and take, seems like he's always giving. I'm all for compromise, I'm not going to ask her to watch sports with me, and she's not going to ask me to see a chick flick. Sounds fair to me. We'll meet up afterwards and do something together.

And being a good man doesn't mean you have to do what she wants. Being a good man is being respectful and treating her right. I don't need to go to a chick flick to treat her right.

Men today need to grow a sack.

BroncoMan4ever
06-04-2009, 02:39 AM
The whole being "rewarded" thing means that she's really calling the shots. You shouldn't have to be rewarded with sex. Sex goes both ways, so I don't see why guys settle for being "rewarded" with it. Now I'm in no way advocating taking it, which would be rape. But as a guy you have to create a situation where she isn't calling the shots when you get it. Like, you have to do something nice to get it. Like, you have to do something that you really don't want to do to get it. Does she have to do something nice to get action from you? Nope. She could blow you off and you'd still give her action when she wanted it. Isn't there a problem with that situation?

ok, Dr Phil. when i say rewarded. it means that after a night of me doing things i really don't care about to make her happy, she is in the mood for lovin the rest of the night, because i was a good guy and dealt with a bad movie, or whatever occasion i did for her that night. it isn't a reward because we basically go at it all the time(so it isn't like i am not getting any until i do something for her), but i am rewarded because after a night of doing things she likes i get to kick back and the rest of the night becomes all about me and making me happy for making her happy.

dealing with things i don't like for her, is a selfish move on my part. it leads to a lot of me time in the bedroom, and she is happy.

I've learned to say "no", and it works great! So if a woman wants me to take her somewhere that I don't want to go, I simply tell her that I'll pass. I'll be nice about it. I'm not going to say "no" with an attitude. I'll say "no" in a nice way. And then I'll just meet up with her after she's done, and still get some action. If she really likes you, then you don't have to do those things that she wants you to do and she'll still really like you.

as i have said repeatedly, i can tell her no, or do what i want. but it is 2 hours of boredom. i'd be at home bored watching ****ty tv anyway, while she is at the movie with friends, so what difference is there in being bored at home or bored at a movie. there is no difference. and if i am going to be bored anyway, i'd rather just spend a few hours being bored with a girl i like over being bored at home alone. [/QUOTE]

And save that if you're in a relationship stuff. It's the same concept if you're dating or in a relationship. Guys need to figure that out. It's pretty much too late for you with this one, because she's already laid the ground work for you having to please her to get some action. You have to set the ground work in the very beginning. If you're giving in in the beginning, you'll always be giving in. If you stand your ground in the beginning, you'll always be able to stand your ground. And if she fights you on that, then you know she isn't the right one.

give me a break on this crap. you talk like there is only 2 ways to be in a relationship. you can either be a bitch and do what she says all the time, or you can be a dick and do what you want. but that is bull****. i can and do what i want when i want. she isn't making me go to any movies or other **** she likes against my will. i tell her no if i really don't want to go and occasionally i am the good boyfriend that joins her in things she likes.

you can be an assertive man while also being a good man and treating her to things she likes even if you don't want to do those things. and just because i agree to go to bad movies and spend time with her, doesn't make me a pushover. it makes me a boyfriend that enjoys spending time with his girlfriend, even if it is for a couple hours watching a bad movie with her.

It's funny, everytime I hear a guy talking about it's give and take, seems like he's always giving. I'm all for compromise, I'm not going to ask her to watch sports with me, and she's not going to ask me to see a chick flick. Sounds fair to me. We'll meet up afterwards and do something together.

And being a good man doesn't mean you have to do what she wants. Being a good man is being respectful and treating her right. I don't need to go to a chick flick to treat her right.

Men today need to grow a sack.

so you're the type of asshole guy who wants to keep you and the girl you are datings lives separate and just treat her good when you want some.

that is bull****, if i am with a girl i like, i want her to enjoy being apart of all things i enjoy, and i want to be apart of things she enjoys.

i may not like her taste in music or movies or her friends, but i like her, and she likes me to be around, so i go to these things when they are tolerable for me.
and i like having her around, so she is apart of everything i enjoy. i know she doesn't like everything i like, and she knows i don't like a lot of what she does, but we enjoy being together regardless of what is going on.

you say men need to grow a sack, you need to quit being a dick

BroncoMan4ever
06-04-2009, 02:45 AM
Yes. Right before Cleavagefield and followed by Davinci Coed...

I like alyssa milano. shes hot.

Lost Boys fortified my belief in getting a good dog.

how cleavagefield didn't win any oscars i will never know....lol

Lost Boys told me to go hunting and hang some deer heads on my wall to impale any vampire that breaks into my house on it.

side note: i thought you were gay? well regardless of that, you have good taste in women. :thumbsup:

BroncoMan4ever
06-04-2009, 02:50 AM

is True Blood any good? i never got a chance to see it when it first was on, but i keep hearing it is good and that i should see it

also, with Blade, i thought the 1st was awesome, but the 2nd was the worst in the trilogy. i hated the genetic mutated vampires in that. But i like the actor Ron Pearlman(he's the dude who is Hellboy) so the movie was actually tolerable because of that. the 3rd was underrated. it sucked that they killed Whistler at the beginning, but Ryan Reynolds was awesome in his part and Jessica Biel looked good, so it was decent.

the Underworld trilogy is my personal favorite when it comes to movies about the Vampire world.

also, i agree about Interview with a Vampire. that movie sucked so bad.

Kaylore
06-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Transformers has a broader appeal than Twilight.

Jason in LA
06-04-2009, 08:27 AM
ok, Dr Phil. when i say rewarded. it means that after a night of me doing things i really don't care about to make her happy, she is in the mood for lovin the rest of the night, because i was a good guy and dealt with a bad movie, or whatever occasion i did for her that night. it isn't a reward because we basically go at it all the time(so it isn't like i am not getting any until i do something for her), but i am rewarded because after a night of doing things she likes i get to kick back and the rest of the night becomes all about me and making me happy for making her happy.

dealing with things i don't like for her, is a selfish move on my part. it leads to a lot of me time in the bedroom, and she is happy.

as i have said repeatedly, i can tell her no, or do what i want. but it is 2 hours of boredom. i'd be at home bored watching ****ty tv anyway, while she is at the movie with friends, so what difference is there in being bored at home or bored at a movie. there is no difference. and if i am going to be bored anyway, i'd rather just spend a few hours being bored with a girl i like over being bored at home alone.

give me a break on this crap. you talk like there is only 2 ways to be in a relationship. you can either be a b**** and do what she says all the time, or you can be a dick and do what you want. but that is bull****. i can and do what i want when i want. she isn't making me go to any movies or other **** she likes against my will. i tell her no if i really don't want to go and occasionally i am the good boyfriend that joins her in things she likes.

you can be an assertive man while also being a good man and treating her to things she likes even if you don't want to do those things. and just because i agree to go to bad movies and spend time with her, doesn't make me a pushover. it makes me a boyfriend that enjoys spending time with his girlfriend, even if it is for a couple hours watching a bad movie with her.

so you're the type of a-hole guy who wants to keep you and the girl you are datings lives separate and just treat her good when you want some.

that is bull****, if i am with a girl i like, i want her to enjoy being apart of all things i enjoy, and i want to be apart of things she enjoys.

i may not like her taste in music or movies or her friends, but i like her, and she likes me to be around, so i go to these things when they are tolerable for me.
and i like having her around, so she is apart of everything i enjoy. i know she doesn't like everything i like, and she knows i don't like a lot of what she does, but we enjoy being together regardless of what is going on.

you say men need to grow a sack, you need to quit being a dick

You sound just like a chick when you tell me to quit being a dick. No wonder you get "dragged" around all over the place. Well you keep on being "dragged" to things to things that you don't want to do just to get action. Saying no to things that you don't want to do isn't being a dick or keeping your lives separate.. I bet she says no to you without a problem. I'm sure you and your girl can find enough things that you both want to do so you don't have to be "dragged" around. And I like a woman that has a life outside of our relationship. So when she wants to go see that chick flick, I don't have to go. She can go with her girlfriends, who want to see the movie.

So have fun being "dragged" around. That must suck. Some of us guys can get the action without being "dragged" around. I wonder how much more bending over you're doing to keep her happy. Women like that tend to not bend over like that for their guy.

BroncoMan4ever
06-04-2009, 01:43 PM
You sound just like a chick when you tell me to quit being a dick. No wonder you get "dragged" around all over the place. Well you keep on being "dragged" to things to things that you don't want to do just to get action. Saying no to things that you don't want to do isn't being a dick or keeping your lives separate.. I bet she says no to you without a problem. I'm sure you and your girl can find enough things that you both want to do so you don't have to be "dragged" around. And I like a woman that has a life outside of our relationship. So when she wants to go see that chick flick, I don't have to go. She can go with her girlfriends, who want to see the movie.

So have fun being "dragged" around. That must suck. Some of us guys can get the action without being "dragged" around. I wonder how much more bending over you're doing to keep her happy. Women like that tend to not bend over like that for their guy.

when i want relationship advice from a guy with obviously no idea what the hell he is talking about, i'll ask Bob. i am sure he has a better grasp on women and relationships than you do.

Peoples Champ
06-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Transformers.

Twilight only has a niche of fans

Everyone will see Transformers, even if there is no following of fans

Jason in LA
06-04-2009, 04:32 PM
when i want relationship advice from a guy with obviously no idea what the hell he is talking about, i'll ask Bob. i am sure he has a better grasp on women and relationships than you do.

So I don't know what I'm talking about? I guess that's because you've been conditioned to believe that you have to be "dragged" around by a woman. What I'm saying must totally be foreign to you. Take a look at the "Will Women Rule the World" thread. A lot of the stuff in there are jokes, but they are based on some truth. And that's what guys like you will be looking forward to. Here are a couple good ones:

If your dog is barking at the back door and Danielle Cardella is yelling at the front door, who do you let in first?
The Dog of course...at least he'll shut up after you let him in!

whats the difference between a terrorist and a woman on her period?
you can negotiate with a terrorist.

Good luck with that ;D

FADERPROOF
06-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Anyone else think that jason in LA and broncoman4ever just need to **** and get over this?

Kaylore
06-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Anyone else think that jason in LA and broncoman4ever just need to **** and get over this?
:rofl: :stupid:

TheReverend
06-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Optimus Prime never loses.

Never.

BroncoMan4ever
06-05-2009, 09:03 PM

i am all about the pussy, don't know about him since he has been trying to jump on my ass since i posted in this thread.

Gnomeflinger
06-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Even straight women would go les for Megan Fox.

TheReverend
06-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Even straight women would go les for Megan Fox.

Over

Rated

OABB
06-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Over

Rated

is it those sharp knees?

Beantown Bronco
06-06-2009, 06:00 AM
is it those sharp knees?

I'm siding with Rev on this one.

Hot? Sure.
Would I do her? Sure.
Would she make my Top 100 hottest chicks on the planet list? Probably not.

The Joker
06-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Optimus Prime never loses.

Never.

Apart from when he died, obviously.

****ing Hotrod, what a douche.

FADERPROOF
06-06-2009, 06:17 AM
Over

Rated

Yeah and so is John Elway then...

montrose
06-06-2009, 07:13 AM
Well I don't know how much money it will make, but I went to see The Hangover last night and thought it was freakin' hysterical!

Broncoman13
06-06-2009, 08:17 AM

Just sayin... but if you're dependent on a shiatty movie to get laid... maybe you're doin something wrong??? Just sayin

BroncoMan4ever
06-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Just sayin... but if you're dependent on a shiatty movie to get laid... maybe you're doin something wrong??? Just sayin

once again, i am not depending on a ****ty movie to get laid, because we go at it a lot.

i am going to sit through a ****ty movie to make her happy, because when she is happy and feels like she owes me for doing things i hate because she enjoys them, or for anniveraries, or birthdays, holidays and other special days, she does certain acts in the bedroom that she does not really like doing often.

I am sure most guys will catch my meaning on that.

OABB
06-06-2009, 02:09 PM
once again, i am not depending on a ****ty movie to get laid, because we go at it a lot.

i am going to sit through a ****ty movie to make her happy, because when she is happy and feels like she owes me for doing things i hate because she enjoys them, or for anniveraries, or birthdays, holidays and other special days, she does certain acts in the bedroom that she does not really like doing often.

I am sure most guys will catch my meaning on that.

strawberry milkshake?

lazarus4444
06-06-2009, 02:32 PM
damn, will you guys get back on topic? everybody handles women differently and just because one guy handles women one way doesn't mean that he is a p***Y.

If jason in la likes to keep his b****es under control then fine but not every guy will handle it the same way. What is your beef with broncoman4ever anyway? did he step on your nuts or something?

Is jason in la one of those guys that ALWAYS has to be right, no matter what?

Will broncoman4ever ignore jason in LA and stop himself from being baited?

http://forum.greytalk.com/style_emoticons/default/drama.gif

Stay Tuned....

Jason in LA
06-06-2009, 02:40 PM
damn, will you guys get back on topic? everybody handles women differently and just because one guy handles women one way doesn't mean that he is a p***Y.

If jason in la likes to keep his b****es under control then fine but not every guy will handle it the same way. What is your beef with broncoman4ever anyway? did he step on your nuts or something?

Is jason in la one of those guys that ALWAYS has to be right, no matter what?

Will broncoman4ever ignore jason in LA and stop himself from being baited?

http://forum.greytalk.com/style_emoticons/default/drama.gif

Stay Tuned....

Hold up, I don't have any bitches. I respect women, and I only date respectable women. I don't date any "bitches". Some of you may jump to the conclusion that I am disrespectful to women, but that's not even close to being true. Just because I know how to say "no" and don't let a woman drag me around does not mean that I am disrespectful in any way. Respecting women doesn't mean you let them walk all over you, and I don't walk over any woman that I date.

My issue with him started with him not owning up to the trash talking he was doing on another subject, then it spilled over into this subject. He didn't respond to me on the other issue, but he did on this issue. He didn't have to respond. And I just responded back to him. He shouldn't get all butt hurt. And it's funny that I'm not the only one calling him out on the subject.

Beantown Bronco
07-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Bump.

So, Transformers 2 is now up to $760 mil worldwide. It's already grossed $60 mil more than the first one even though it had a later release outside the US for some reason. It should easily go over $825 mil worldwide.

Harry Potter, in less than one week, is already up to $400 mil worldwide. It will no doubt finish between $900 mil and $1 billion.

New Moon? Good luck. Twilight only made $351 mil worldwide. I think I know 17 people that would like to change their votes.