PDA

View Full Version : Schein on Denver '09 Draft

watermock
06-02-2009, 02:19 PM
<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/2760515/schein_broncos_draft.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" allowFullScreen="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2760515/schein_broncos_draft/">Schein: Broncos' Draft</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">Click here for the funniest movie of the week</a></font>

goldengopher1976
06-02-2009, 03:30 PM
When did Jeff Goldblum start doing draft commentary?

Seriously, though, how cool was it when he broke that dude's wrist arm-wrestling. And now NFL commentary. The mighty have fallen.

tsiguy96
06-02-2009, 03:44 PM
i cant wait to bump this after we see these players contributing...

TheReverend
06-02-2009, 03:45 PM
When did Jeff Goldblum start doing draft commentary?

Seriously, though, how cool was it when he broke that dude's wrist arm-wrestling. And now NFL commentary. The mighty have fallen.

The Fly, right?

Pseudofool
06-02-2009, 03:59 PM
If this guy didn't spit when he talked, he wouldn't be on TV.

Pseudofool
06-02-2009, 04:00 PM
The mighty have fallen.It's not like he's fallen far enough he'd have to work on cable tv series. Oh wait.

Popps
06-02-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm not all that familiar with this guy.

Is he actually retarded or is that part of his act?

Man-Goblin
06-02-2009, 06:34 PM
I enjoy his show on sirius, but he also said last year that Royal was a wasted pick simply because the Broncos needed a MLB and Dan Connor was available. He also stated that Marlon McCree was going to be a pro bowler for the Broncos last year.

Take what he says for what it's worth.

cutthemdown
06-02-2009, 07:05 PM
I enjoy his show on sirius, but he also said last year that Royal was a wasted pick simply because the Broncos needed a MLB and Dan Connor was available. He also stated that Marlon McCree was going to be a pro bowler for the Broncos last year.

It reminds me of that time when I predicted Mike Bell would be the next great Broncos RB. MMMMMM yeah. Predictions are fun to make because sometimes you get it right and look smart. Others you hope people forget.

Hell there was a guy, can't remember name, who swore Rey Rey would drop to 2nd round. I said he was crazy and offered to bet him 1000 if he was so sure. He wouldn't do it, but I bet on draft day he thought about risk taking 101 lol.

Anyways these guys make money by having an opinion. They don't really expect to be right anymore then we do.

Being honest with yourself how often are you right when it comes to who will be a good player and who won't? Maybe 60/40 if your smart?

ColoradoDarin
06-02-2009, 07:06 PM
This message is hidden because watermock is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=editlist).

Schein is an idiot, no one should take him seriously. If Schein agreed with me, I'd have to rethink my position.

HEAV
06-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Ok we get it Mock... you didn't like the draft...you hate McDaniels...you need attention....

Adam Schein is a NY radio sports talk guy and has a Football show on Sirius Sat-radio on the NFL channel.

He's more New York loud mouth than he is NFL guru. His picks are either safe bets or an upset selection that often doesn't happen.

He's good radio, but when it comes to really being in the main vein of NFL he lacks something. Sirius NFL radio feeds most of his NFL info to him. He breaks NFL news stories on his show, which is great for fans on the road or not able to have the info on the PC.

Last Summer he picked the Chargers to win the Super Bowl, the year before I think his pick was the Ravens.

Again Adam Schein's opion is just that an opinion.

His opinion is just like anyone else...

For him (just as many Broncos fans) McDaniels has become his whip'n post. He's going to ride the bash McDaniels train until McDaneils proves many wrong. Then, like many on here, Adam will change his direction and spin it all on the good side.

BroncoMan4ever
06-02-2009, 08:56 PM
i can't wait until the end of the season and Denver has put up a 9-7 or 10-6 record and are showing signs that they are going to be contenders in the upcoming seasons and all these jackasses have to eat their own words.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-02-2009, 09:13 PM

He is one of the regulars on Sirius in the late morninng / early afternoon. The fake gravel voice is his schtick. He is one of the few guys with zero credentials on Sirius... and you can pretty much bank on his opinion being wrong when he takes hard-line stances. I can barely stand to listen to the guy... but his usual partner Solomon Wilcotts is decent.

Los Broncos
06-02-2009, 10:15 PM

ROFL! He is annoying...

BroncoBuff
06-02-2009, 10:56 PM

Hahaha ... pretty generic review.

We need defense? What a penetrating analysis.

Hulamau
06-02-2009, 11:13 PM
<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/2760515/schein_broncos_draft.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" allowFullScreen="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2760515/schein_broncos_draft/">Schein: Broncos' Draft</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">Click here for the funniest movie of the week</a></font>

No comment needed .. you know what I think of this moron Schein. :pimp:

FireFly
06-03-2009, 03:39 AM

The guy is an idiot... but I still would have liked Dan Connor where he was picked (not instead of Royal of course).

BroncoInSkinland
06-03-2009, 03:44 AM
I still say from his power rankings the chiefs at the 20 spot creates a credibility fail. Additionally how can you give an F grade to a team and then proceed to say how you like their first pick, hate their second pick even though he fills the spot that you hated their first pick for not filling, and like their third pick but don't like the trade they made to get him. If this guy had any intellectual honesty he couldn't go lower than a C for this effort based solely off his own words. He touches on the problems that many other analysts see with this draft, but it appears to me that he either doesn't have the ability to understand why it's a problem, or doesn't want to actually make the effort to connect the dots.

broncofan
06-03-2009, 06:32 AM
i can't wait until the end of the season and Denver has put up a 9-7 or 10-6 record and are showing signs that they are going to be contenders in the upcoming seasons and all these jackasses have to eat their own words.

LOL

Dudeskey
06-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Who the **** is Adam Schein?™

lex
06-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Who the **** is Adam Schein?

He has a popular program on Sirius.

Dudeskey
06-03-2009, 10:10 AM
He has a popular program on Sirius.

You missed my sarcasm. ;D

Personally I was more partial toward Tim Ryan & Pat Kirwan's show.

Beantown Bronco
06-03-2009, 10:13 AM
If this guy didn't spit when he talked, he wouldn't be on TV.

I heard that's what flies do before they eat.

tsiguy96
06-03-2009, 10:16 AM
You missed my sarcasm. ;D

Personally I was more partial toward Tim Ryan & Pat Kirwan's show.

i live tim and pats show.

i never understood how people can make such "predictions" that more often than not are stupid and completely wrong. why would you put yourself in a position to look like an idiot because you made an uninformed opinion wth little to no basis.

crush17
06-03-2009, 10:27 AM
anyone who could listen to that guy talk for more than 30 seconds is obviously hearing impaired.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Ok we get it Mock... you didn't like the draft...you hate McDaniels...you need attention....

He does? I never realized that will all his rambling, incoherent posts in the past 2 months. At least someone can translate whatever he's saying.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-03-2009, 10:40 AM
I'd love to have a conversation with this guy who something called a bigger picture. If he wants to disagree with the ayers pick because of other linebackers on the board, fine...but i would like to discuss the moreno pick a bit more

BroncoInSkinland
06-03-2009, 10:54 AM
I'd love to have a conversation with this guy who something called a bigger picture. If he wants to disagree with the ayers pick because of other linebackers on the board, fine...but i would like to discuss the moreno pick a bit more

Well, just devil's advocate here, I like the Moreno pick but...
Our rushing game last year was ranked 12th in the NFL, compared to the 29th ranked Defense. The defensive failure was almost entirely upon the front 7, and more specifically attributable to a D-line unit that could neither stop the run, nor generate pressure on the passer. Between the two, the obvious glaring need was not at running back. Using the first pick to select a runningback was a luxury that the defense deprived Broncos could not afford.

I bet it would go something like that, and I agree to an extent, but if the Coach was that sold on Moreno I don't fault him, and I am excited to see how our rush attack looks with a true first round talent.

Paladin
06-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Even Klis predicts a 9-7 season with the potential for more, including the Division title. (Post Mailbag, this morning.) Read that at the Post site.

telluride
06-03-2009, 11:25 AM
I too predict a 9-7ish season. Not sure about the division title, though. But here's the bigger picture: finally, after a decade of stasis, it feels like we're moving in a positive, exciting direction.

McDaniels is collecting players who are smart, mature, focused, and team-first. More often than not they were team captains; most are proven leaders. That's the way to build a winning team. No matter what Schein says.

goldengopher1976
06-03-2009, 02:30 PM
The Fly, right?

Aye.

broncofan7
06-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Knwoshon is going to a bigger version of Brian Westbrook or a slower Marshall Faulk--he will THRIVE in this offense and will be the face of our franchise by mid season.

I liked the ayers pick as well, although I realize that he will be a project.

I despised the trading of next year's #1 for Smith and the trading up for our blocking TE--but to knock us for drafting Moreno? Schein will be praising us for getting the most productive player in this year's draft at the end of the year.............

broncofan7
06-03-2009, 02:39 PM

We could have had Rey-Rey in the 2nd---but to pass up a potential edge rusher like Ayers? That would have been silly considering a 3-4 D needs edge rushers and we have Doom, who we don't know if he can play with his hand off of the ground...........

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
06-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Just admit it people, you don't like Schein because he's Jewish. Nothing wrong with that. My people are very good at being annoying.

OABB
06-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Just admit it people, you don't like Schein because he's Jewish. Nothing wrong with that. My people are very good at being annoying.

Hey, i was wondering, are you Jewish?

Bigdawg26
06-03-2009, 09:37 PM
I would have loved to have Rey Rey to take over for Andra Davis and a NT and End in the first 4 rounds of the draft.

FireFly
06-03-2009, 11:40 PM

More likely they'll just pretend that they were never anti-broncos or anti-McDaniels!

Truth is though, one way or the other, this last draft will either go down as a masterpiece or the breaking point for a team heading towards dark days. Either way it marks a pivotal point in Broncos history - or at least thats how I think it will be viewed.

FireFly
06-03-2009, 11:41 PM

Pretty sure most people don't like him here because he's a hack who writes garbage... but I might be wrong!?

BroncoInSkinland
06-04-2009, 03:46 AM
More likely they'll just pretend that they were never anti-broncos or anti-McDaniels!

Truth is though, one way or the other, this last draft will either go down as a masterpiece or the breaking point for a team heading towards dark days. Either way it marks a pivotal point in Broncos history - or at least thats how I think it will be viewed.

I'll be here eating crow with a smile on my face. Nothing would make me happier actually than to be completely and totally wrong.

I agree with the second part. We are at the fork in the road, now we just have to wait and see where it goes. Could be a dynasty in the making, could be a top 10 NFL blunders show waiting to be made. It's very hard to tell at this point.

broncofan7
06-04-2009, 06:04 AM

I agree--unfortunately, though I am positive towards Knowshon and Ayers, I really do not think that we will have a very good year next year. I'd love for MCD to surprise me though...........

Cito Pelon
06-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Well, just devil's advocate here, I like the Moreno pick but...
Our rushing game last year was ranked 12th in the NFL, compared to the 29th ranked Defense. The defensive failure was almost entirely upon the front 7, and more specifically attributable to a D-line unit that could neither stop the run, nor generate pressure on the passer. Between the two, the obvious glaring need was not at running back. Using the first pick to select a runningback was a luxury that the defense deprived Broncos could not afford.

I bet it would go something like that, and I agree to an extent, but if the Coach was that sold on Moreno I don't fault him, and I am excited to see how our rush attack looks with a true first round talent.

The D failure had a lot to do with the back seven as much as the front four. Denver improved at LB and in the back four, that should decrease the incredible # of +20 yd gains given up, and that in turn should decrease the TOP and total points allowed. Denver got burnt for something like 7 TD's last year on screens and short passes. Why? Because the back 7 were not so good. Some people apparently think that wasn't a big deal. I know better.

On paper, the D is much improved over what was trotted out the past two years.