PDA

View Full Version : No suspension for Marshall

Dagmar
06-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Via text.

Dagmar
06-02-2009, 01:00 PM
CBS4 : Brandon Marshall will not be suspended for his latest run in with the law. Check CBS4denver for more details.

That's the text.

BroncoMan4ever
06-02-2009, 01:05 PM
alright, now get started on his new deal and lets all be happy

watermock
06-02-2009, 01:08 PM
I think Das Fuhrer I decided he's not going to let ES!N take his funnest job.

SJ Bronco
06-02-2009, 01:09 PM
I kinda figured it would go that way.

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2009, 01:11 PM
The deal is DONE!

Popcorn Sutton
06-02-2009, 01:13 PM
DENVER - Embattled Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall says he will not be suspended during the upcoming season based on allegations made by an ex-girlfriend that he was physically abusive.

Marshall told FOX 31's Josina Anderson that the National Football League informed him of its decision Tuesday.

The rest of the story at the link below.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-brandon-marshall-060209,0,1458933.story

broncofan2438
06-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Its about time we got good news

Man-Goblin
06-02-2009, 01:19 PM
A small part of Lindsay Jones' soul just died.

Florida_Bronco
06-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Told ya so. :)

orange crusher
06-02-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm confused. It says he won't be suspended for allegations made by an ex-girlfriend. Wasn't his latest incident with his fiance or is she now an ex-girlfriend also?

Irish Stout
06-02-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm confused. It says he won't be suspended for allegations made by an ex-girlfriend. Wasn't his latest incident with his fiance or is she now an ex-girlfriend also?

Our favorite site - profootballtalk.com - ponders the same thing saying the decision appears to deal with Rasheeda Watley and not the current Miss-soon-to-be-bmarsh.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/02/no-new-suspension-for-brandon-marshall/

But I thought all of the Watley issues were dealt with last year in BMarsh's suspension. Was there more to consider regarding her that came up during the season?

EDIT: I just read it again and apparently forgot how to read over the last ten minutes - strike everything I posted. Hes cleared of the latest incident.

vancejohnson82
06-02-2009, 01:39 PM
wow...if he gets cleared on one and suspended for the other that would be strange

Gcver2ver3
06-02-2009, 01:47 PM
it's obvious that he won't be suspended for the incidents from years past...he's already faced his punishment in those both legally and NFL wise...that's not even news worthy...

but if the text is word for word translated to us from the CBS Sports update text, then it's referring to his LATEST run in with the law...and that would be the spat with his fiance...

so what's the word?...

HEAV
06-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Marshall was notified by letter Tuesday that he was not found in violation of the league's personal conduct policy due to his arrest on disorderly conduct charges March 1 following a disturbance with his fiancé, Michi Nogami, who also was charged.

The charges against Marshall and Nogami were dropped the next day.

"The NFL has confirmed that based on their own investigation there will not be a suspension or any discipline issues as a result of Mr. Marshall's arrest on March 1," said Marshall's attorney Harvey Steinberg. "I had been in touch with the NFL since right after the incident occurred and we were under the belief that what took place would not rise to the level of any form of discipline."

Marshall is still facing a court case later this month in Atlanta stemming from misdemeanor battery charges against his former girlfriend, Rasheeda Watley. That case, however, is expected to be continued to a later date, which means once Marshall recovers from offseason hip surgery, he can concentrate on the 2009 season.

Marshall left the Broncos' offseason minicamp last week to rehab in Orlando.

Gcver2ver3
06-02-2009, 01:51 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_12503183

He's been cleared of the MARCH 1ST incident...

in other words...he's not being suspended for his fight with his fiance...

joy...

OBF1
06-02-2009, 02:00 PM

I bet that the local police kicked her ass and told her to blame Brandon or else she would get more. :wiggle:

elsid13
06-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Now the rumors on Baltimore paper I read about Raven sending us 1st for can really start to fly.

Pony Boy
06-02-2009, 02:14 PM
I knew he was innocent how could he bitch slap her with no feeling in his hand?

Borks147
06-02-2009, 02:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4225271

ESPN's article

Garcia Bronco
06-02-2009, 02:16 PM
I think Das Fuhrer I decided he's not going to let ES!N take his funnest job.

I believe it's Der Furher. Das is neutral and Der is masculine. But I could be wrong.

DBroncos4life
06-02-2009, 02:22 PM
I believe it's Der Furher. Das is neutral and Der is masculine. But I could be wrong.

It's Der Furher, it means the leader. I just watched Valkyrie last night :)

Garcia Bronco
06-02-2009, 02:30 PM
It's Der Furher, it means the leader. I just watched Valkyrie last night :)

Good movie. Did you not get pissed off to all heck when the General wouldn't call out the Valkyrie. Stauffenberg should have made sure he was dead though. There would have been enough confusion to go put a couple of bullets in Adolf, or use another bomb.

Now if the leader was a woman...it would still be Der Furher not Die Furher. Go figure. The U needs an umlaut as well

Popps
06-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Huge news.

I have mixed feelings about it. Glad for the team, but I wonder if Marshall has really learned his lesson through all of this. Guess we'll see.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Is there some way to find something negative with Mcdaniels in this?

DBroncos4life
06-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Good movie. Did you not get pissed off to all heck when the General wouldn't call out the Valkyrie. Stauffenberg should have made sure he was dead though. There would have been enough confusion to go put a couple of bullets in Adolf, or use another bomb.

Now if the leader was a woman...it would still be Der Furher not Die Furher. Go figure. The U needs an umlaut as well

Yeah they would have pulled it off had they not waited. Their was so many people on the fence that would have been too far in to turn back.

Garcia Bronco
06-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Yeah they would have pulled it off had they not waited. Their was so many people on the fence that would have been too far in to turn back.

General Olbricht was already dead if Hitler had survived the bombing. He should have committed. There was no turning back once the bomb went off. It was just dumb.

Kaylore
06-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Marshall was notified by letter Tuesday that he was not found in violation of the league's personal conduct policy due to his arrest on disorderly conduct charges March 1 following a disturbance with his fiancé, Michi Nogami, who also was charged.

"The NFL has confirmed that based on their own investigation there will not be a suspension or any discipline issues as a result of Mr. Marshall's arrest on March 1," said Marshall's attorney Harvey Steinberg. "I had been in touch with the NFL since right after the incident occurred and we were under the belief that what took place would not rise to the level of any form of discipline."

Marshall is still facing a court case later this month in Atlanta stemming from misdemeanor battery charges against his former girlfriend, Rasheeda Watley. That case, however, is expected to be continued to a later date, which means once Marshall recovers from offseason hip surgery, he can concentrate on the 2009 season.

Ok that clears that up.

BroncoBuff
06-02-2009, 04:40 PM
This should be bigger news ... had he been suspended, that wouldda been two years running he missed the iopener. Is there a two strikes deal in the NFL?

TonyR
06-02-2009, 05:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4225271

ESPN's article

From that article...

Marshall is not out of the woods yet, however. He is scheduled to stand trial in Atlanta next week for two counts of misdemeanor battery, charges that stem from a March 2008 domestic incident involving Watley.

"The pending case will be subject to review when appropriate," Aiello told ESPN on Tuesday. "The notification [Marshall] received from our office applied only to the March 1st incident."

Mogulseeker
06-02-2009, 07:01 PM
:yayaya:

SoCalBronco
06-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Excellent news. :)

Los Broncos
06-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Now stay away from women for a while, seems you cant handle a relationship right now.

Hogan11
06-02-2009, 09:34 PM
From that article...

Marshall is not out of the woods yet, however. He is scheduled to stand trial in Atlanta next week for two counts of misdemeanor battery, charges that stem from a March 2008 domestic incident involving Watley.

"The pending case will be subject to review when appropriate," Aiello told ESPN on Tuesday. "The notification [Marshall] received from our office applied only to the March 1st incident."

If he can get past this bullshat from the chemically imbalanced whackjob, then I'll be happy.

BabyTO
06-03-2009, 02:45 AM
http://msp207.photobucket.com/albums/bb241/laprincesse83301/byaah.jpg

LordHelmchen
06-03-2009, 03:25 AM

Der Führer, or Der Fuehrer .. and it would be Die Führerin if it was a woman

FireFly
06-03-2009, 03:37 AM
"The pending case will be subject to review when appropriate," Aiello told ESPN on Tuesday. "The notification [Marshall] received from our office applied only to the March 1st incident."[/I]

See for me, this was the incident he has to be more worried about anyhow and always was and because of it my excitement about the outcome of this incident is somewhat tempered.

dbfan21
06-03-2009, 06:39 AM

^5 Awesome! :strong:

LittleFloyd
06-03-2009, 06:45 AM
Mark my words, about this time next year we will be wondering how long he will be suspended for something else he's done after the current season is over.

Garcia Bronco
06-03-2009, 07:13 AM
Der Führer, or Der Fuehrer .. and it would be Die Führerin if it was a woman

I stand corrected.

TailgateNut
06-03-2009, 07:19 AM

This has nothing to do with the "duke 'em out session". That's the next incident.
I know it's hard to keep up with all his domestic violence crap and his run-ins' with the law. I wonder if he has a spreadsheet to keep up with all the different events.:wiggle:

TailgateNut
06-03-2009, 07:23 AM
Mark my words, about this time next year we will be wondering how long he will be suspended for something else he's done after the current season is over.

You give him more time than I do. I think he'll be in "hot water" before the season is over. He's just "that kind of guy".

LordHelmchen
06-03-2009, 10:02 AM
I stand corrected.
you get an A for recognizing the missing Umlaut though :wiggle:

ZONA
06-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Now all we need is for BM to heal up and get ready to light it up. He's really gonna help this team. Anyway, it's great to hear some kind of good news. Seems when there was any kinda of negative news you would see a hundred "screw McD" replies.

gyldenlove
06-06-2009, 07:53 AM
Apparently ESPN had a copy of the letter Watley sent to the NFL saying that Marshall never hurt her and that her parents made her say those things to get money. They never mentioned the letter during the segment with Watley directly, but did mention that she had recanted some of her story to NFL security.

HEAV
06-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Apparently ESPN had a copy of the letter Watley sent to the NFL saying that Marshall never hurt her and that her parents made her say those things to get money. They never mentioned the letter during the segment with Watley directly, but did mention that she had recanted some of her story to NFL security.

Of course they didn't. It would have made their show pointless and basically show that both sides are messed in the head.

It would have been nice for them to include the letter and make the show about the dangers players face with females after cash and the action players must not take in situations. But again that would not have been good TV and not got the pop from ratings.

B-Marsh is a F-up, we know that, but that girl is also a F-up and her parents wanted cash.

SpringStein
06-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Even though lots of people don't like Florio, it's an interesting take from an attorney's view:

ESPN’s recent Outside The Lines report focusing on the allegations of Rasheedah Watley against Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall portrayed Watley as the victim and Marshall as the villain.

But there was more to the story that wasn’t, in our view, sufficiently presented by ESPN.

Marshall’s camp submitted documents to ESPN that seem to undermine dramatically Watley’s credibility.

And Marshall referred indirectly to the effort to derail the story during his live interview with Bob Ley.

“I think we have a lot of paperwork, we sent it over to you guys,” Marshall said. “Sworn testimony from Rasheedah Watley. It’s evidence that, you know, this is clearly about money.”

In fairness to ESPN, the report made reference to a key letter from Watley to Commissioner Roger Goodell, in which Watley states that Marshall never harmed her. But ESPN adroitly pooh-poohed the letter, quoting no portion of it and claiming that she later recanted when meeting with NFL Security.

Here’s what the letter, dated July 29, 2008, had to say: “My name is Rasheedah Watley, I am the ex girlfriend of Brandon Marshall. I read in the newspapers that he is in trouble with the league because of me. I will let you know that he never hurt me or hit me, I was pressured by my family to make up certain things [to] get money. I was told to say that Brandon hit me and hurt me so that I could get him to pay to keep me quiet. I want you to know he never did.”

Here’s how ESPN described the letter, without reading any of it on the air: “Watley herself admits she sent the NFL mixed signals. After pressing charges against Marshall in Atlanta, she says at Marshall’s request, she sent a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, denying Marshall has ever abused her. Watley told Outside The Lines she later recanted during a meeting with NFL Security, saying then that the abuse did in fact happen.”

(ESPN claims the NFL was asked to confirm that Watley recanted the letter while meeting with NFL Security, and that the league declined to comment. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told us that he has no record of this specific request being made.)

So why didn’t ESPN quote from the letter, or at least mention the suggestion that Watley’s family was pushing her to make allegations against Marshall in order to cash in?

“The letter was a single paragraph,” ESPN spokesman Bill Hofheimer told us. “We paraphrased it. We also obtained the letter at the 11th hour, so paraphrasing was the cleanest way to report it at that point.”

Even though reasonable minds might differ as to the “cleanest” procedure for presenting a one-paragraph letter (our position would be that the cleanest way to present a one-paragraph letter is to, you know, read it), we doubt that anyone would seriously dispute that the fairest approach would have been to read . . . the . . . letter.

We’ve also seen communications from Watley’s lawyers, demanding payment of $500,000 in 2006 and $100,000 in 2007. Neither of these documents received the kind of attention they merited in the segment.

Moreover, the ESPN report contained no mention of evidence suggesting that Watley potentially was the aggressor in conflicts between Watley and Marshall, or that she has admitted in counseling sessions that she reacts to stressful situations at times with violence.

Indeed, we’ve seen portions of sworn testimony in which she admits to biting Marshall on the shoulder and poking him in the eye.

“I just remember Brandon picking me up and I was swinging my arms,” she said under oath. “I was biting, I was kicking, I was scratching, I was screaming.”

And as a result of that incident, she acknowledged that he didn’t retaliate. Instead, Marshall put her down and went to the bathroom to inspect the injuries she had inflicted on him.

So why was this information not included? The Broncos, we’re told, are concerned that ESPN had preconceived notions regarding Marshall’s guilt.

And we can understand why that would happen, especially with Watley and her parents telling passionate stories of persistent, one-sided abuse. But the goal should have been to obtain and to present both sides of the story.

In this case, we think ESPN failed.

In our view, it’s even more important to be fair when discussing issues of NFL player misconduct. Given the fact that so many of them get in trouble, they are targets for false allegations. Though, in this case, it’s possible that Marshall did some things he shouldn’t have done, ESPN should have done more, in our opinion, to present to its audience the evidence that undermines the claims being made against him.

Odysseus
06-16-2009, 02:25 PM
We need more threads about Brandon Marshall.