PDA

View Full Version : I might be late on this...but Marshal in Chicago????

Peoples Champ
06-02-2009, 10:23 AM
I am not sure if anyone has posted this yet? But what is this article about?

I have not heard of these rumors

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2ffeatures%2frumors

bronco militia
06-02-2009, 10:24 AM
you suck at the internet

bronco militia
06-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Here is the blurb:

Broncos to reunite in 2010?

The Chicago Bears could use some help at wide receiver now that they've filled the quarterback slot with an All Pro. The free agent market at the position is a little trim, with the troubled Matt Jones and past-his-prime Marvin Harrison representing two of the best available, but David Haugh of the Chicago Tribune has his eyes set on next offseason already.

Haugh notes that the Denver Broncos did not extend the contract of Brandon Marshall this offseason, and the receiver's current pact is set to expire after the upcoming campaign. The Outside the Lines report chronicling the alleged violence in his past probably doesn't help, but these allegations would not prevent the Bears or anyone else from taking a look next offseason. Without a resolution to the collective bargaining agreement, however, Marshall would be a restricted free agent, which could deter some teams from taking a look.

Although having a high-scoring QB-WR tandem would be a bit out of character for the smashmouth Bears, it could give them an extra step against the rest of the NFC North heading into 2010.

Meanwhile, the Denver Post reports that Marshall continues to rehab after hip surgery in Orlando while the team restarts passing camp in Colorado. Marshall's agent Kennard McGuire told the Post that this decision was not about sending a message to the Broncos about Marshall's unresolved contract extension situation, but rather that it was decided he could get better medical attention in Florida.

"This young man has been continually looking to establish and build a relationship of trust and confidence with the organization," McGuire told the Post. "There has been ongoing dialogue between myself, Brandon and the (Broncos) staff. It's unfortunate that so much has been made of one conversation. My disappointment is that last year Brandon fought through and played through a tough injury that went undiagnosed after several MRIs. So it's within our right to continue to get professional help in the rehab process. We feel this is the best course of action to make sure he is healthy and ready."

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm going out on a limb here, but shouldn't the thread title be:

Marshall in Orlando.

Kaylore
06-02-2009, 10:30 AM

Marshall in Orlando.

Or this: Chicago wishes they had our receivers.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Damn, if only there hadn't been that OTL story, no one would have known anything about Brandon's issues with his prior girlfriend. I'm surprised that Denver was able to keep that on the down low for so long.

Irish Stout
06-02-2009, 10:35 AM
I don't think this would suprise anyone and I don't think Broncos fans would be that devistated if it happened. I personally have BMarsh on my short list, one more strike and I will write him off.

We still don't know if Marshall has regained feeling in the hand he injured last off season due to the McD bag. I was absolutely furious when he said right after the season that he had no feeling in that hand all year. I need this kid to prove to me that hes a number one receiver worth our time or else I don't care what happens with him.

bronco militia
it's a good thing I don't pay for Scout's inc.....

OABB
at least he didnt throw a banana at her.

Irish Stout
06-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Also, I think I should coin the term McDBag for when I am pissed off at coach.

RunSilentRunDeep
06-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Marshall's fear is obviously that he stuck at 2.2 this year. No CBA next year means 2.7 and then the team could franchise him. So basically, he may collect only $15M over the next three years if his career last that long.

tsiguy96
06-02-2009, 10:51 AM
this better not happen. everyone is so quick to discount him saying hes an awful person etc etc and saying we have better receivers than him, but they havent really seen our other receivers without him on the field (except faider game, and its the faiders)

he will get a new fatty contract from us, hes too valuable to hit the free market. especially in the wake of all this other **** going on for him, i have no doubt it will get cleared up.

Boss Man
06-02-2009, 10:54 AM
I don't think this would suprise anyone and I don't think Broncos fans would be that devistated if it happened. I personally have BMarsh on my short list, one more strike and I will write him off.

We still don't know if Marshall has regained feeling in the hand he injured last off season due to the McD bag. I was absolutely furious when he said right after the season that he had no feeling in that hand all year. I need this kid to prove to me that hes a number one receiver worth our time or else I don't care what happens with him.

:spit: Jesus Christ...think before you post you sound like an idiot. Sounds like MCD needs to move over and hand you a little more authority according to you.

What gives you any hint of a doubt that Marshall isnt a number 1 receiver?

Even after an injury riddled season teams couldn't stop him. Also give the guy a break the majority of those instances with the law were spawned from what seems to be one money grubbing bitch.

ScottXray
06-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Well, McD wants HIGH character players , not HIGH characters.

If Marshall doesn't straighten out his personal situations it won't matter Where he is signed, as a season suspension makes it hard to perform ON the field.

I like Marshall ON the field, mostly, but he does seem to have the off game down pat sometimes. Any contract he gets should have clauses protecting the team from suspensions and personal injuries due to non football related stuff.

If he goes to Chicago it will be because of those things. Baby TO is apt, as he seems to seek for the limelight just like TO did earlier. He needs to catch more TDs and be more consistent, and he just might get the chance with this offense. IF he isn't suspended.

Als, the injury thing is a worry...hip surgery after 3 seasons?

Jason in LA
06-02-2009, 11:37 AM
you suck at the internet

Pretty much ;D

Jason in LA
06-02-2009, 11:49 AM

Marshall in Orlando.

Pretty much ;D

TheManeMan
06-02-2009, 11:49 AM
:spit: Jesus Christ...think before you post you sound like an idiot. Sounds like MCD needs to move over and hand you a little more authority according to you.

Even after an injury riddled season teams couldn't stop him. Also give the guy a break the majority of those instances with the law were spawned from what seems to be one money grubbing b****.

I think he meant McDonalds not McDaniels Ha!

Irish Stout
06-02-2009, 11:58 AM

Even after an injury riddled season teams couldn't stop him. Also give the guy a break the majority of those instances with the law were spawned from what seems to be one money grubbing b****.

I may have sounded like an idiot, but you apparently are an actual idiot. This is a message board where people go off on rants and tangents. Most of them half cocked. Perhaps mine was, but even after a little thought I still agree.

Granted, Marshall is/was a number one WR in the NFL on most teams. Granted he was one of the most targeted WRs last year by a pass happy offense. Granted Marshall's numbers in 08 were similar to those in 07. However, Marshall was targeted twice as much in 08. Marshall was also among the leaders in dropped and missed passes around the NFL last year. Marshall also claimed himself that he had no feeling in his right hand throughout the entire season. There's my hint of doubt.

Last year I was 100% in your boat backing BM when several on this board where tearing him down for being immature, stupid, and a troublemaker. Remember, last off season he had girlfriend fights and a hand through a tv. Well, after another season where in my eyes (my prior post was my statement of opinion and not based on what you should think) his performance dropped and he got arrested (not charged) for similar girl friend fighting issues with a new woman, my tone has changed. I agree that BMarsh's ex was a gold digging b****, but there have been more than just a couple of problems that have come up.

If that doesn't give even you, in your #15 jersey, some pause, then you are truly an idiot. I think I have a basis for making my opinion on a message board created for that specific purpose. Do you think that people should only post what you agree with? If everyone truly thought clearly and deeply about what they were posting then you would've only posted 3 times Bossman. Try again.

Irish Stout
06-02-2009, 12:01 PM
I think he meant McDonalds not McDaniels Ha!

!Booya! Happy Meals!

Never said McD, just McD bag as in Big Macs and fries. I don't want any more authority... because.... I am Pat Bowlen.

BroncoMan4ever
06-02-2009, 12:27 PM
can anyone blame the guy for wanting to get medical attention from at least competent doctors after our training staff, took a year to diagnose Jay's diabetes, his hip injury was undetected for a season, a series of undiagnosed ACL tears in the past, numerous injuries because of bad rehabbing and conditioning.

gyldenlove
06-02-2009, 12:54 PM
can anyone blame the guy for wanting to get medical attention from at least competent doctors after our training staff, took a year to diagnose Jay's diabetes, his hip injury was undetected for a season, a series of undiagnosed ACL tears in the past, numerous injuries because of bad rehabbing and conditioning.

He is not paid to think or be injured or get second oppinions, he just better fall in line... just kidding, I wouldn't trust the Broncos medical staff to diagnose an ingrown toenail right now, they are not exactly on a hot streak.

fdf
06-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Or this: Chicago wishes they had our receivers.

And, sadly, this Bronco fan wishes our ex-quarterback weren't a head case and Chicago didn't have him.

On topic--I would be really surprised if Marshall were traded. He's going to get a full year to rehab and stay straight and narrow. If he does, I expect he will be resigned for a big contract.

Also, the article seems to suggest he is an unrestricted free agent next year, which I don't think is the case.

DBroncos4life
06-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Well it looks like its a good time for the fans that Marshall has left to jump ship and join the he dropps to many balls, he doesn't score enough TDs, etc, etc. It doesn't matter how good of a NFL player we have here in Denver we will always find some way to make him worse then he is if we think he is on his way out of town.

Irish Stout
06-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Well it looks like its a good time for the fans that Marshall has left to jump ship and join the he dropps to many balls, he doesn't score enough TDs, etc, etc. It doesn't matter how good of a NFL player we have here in Denver we will always find some way to make him worse then he is if we think he is on his way out of town.

For the record, I'm ecstatic that Marshall is not suspended! This is great news. I also do not want Marshall to leave town. However, I think that if he is not upfront with coach and if he has any more legal disturbances, I think he will be gone in 2010.

I hope, just like last year, that BMarsh is actually growing up. I also hope that he gets feeling back in his right hand so that he can continue making stellar catches. He probably won't receive as many looks from Orton this year as the QB we had last year.

lex
06-02-2009, 02:57 PM
He is not paid to think or be injured or get second oppinions, he just better fall in line... just kidding, I wouldn't trust the Broncos medical staff to diagnose an ingrown toenail right now, they are not exactly on a hot streak.

Actually, he is paid to perform and if he's injured, its hard to perform. So, the clubs negligence creates a problem for the FO in that regard. Also, I dont think clubs draft rookie contracts with the idea in mind that honoring the contract means jeopardizing one's career.

Bronx33
06-02-2009, 03:03 PM
How dare brandon travel!!! iam will have o rethink my opinion of brandon after this new development.

Paladin
06-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Also, I think I should coin the term McDBag for when I am pissed off at coach.

Another childish epithet.....

lex
06-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Another childish epithet.....

Who cares?

Atlas
06-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Trade him right now for Chicago's 2nd..... or anyone's second. This team isn't going anywhere anyway.

eddie mac
06-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Trade him right now for Chicago's 2nd..... or anyone's second. This team isn't going anywhere anyway.

Keep away from razor blades for at least 3 months.:~ohyah!:

ScottXray
06-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Now that the possible suspension is out of the way, he can concentrate on Healing and learning the new offense.

No way he doesn't get paid soon, especially if he does as well as last year.

Anyway, I don't want him to go.....and now that Jay isn't here to lock in on him (anyone know if simms or Orton have the same problem?) he actually might be MORE effective and get more TD's, since the QB might actually look OFF some.
At least we know that ONE key element of the offense isn't going to change THIS year ( the receivers). We will still have Royal and Marshall , Stokely and the new guy.