PDA

View Full Version : Buy made in USA

~Crash~
06-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Do you go out of you way to buy American products ? If not I would like to understand why you do not ? I will try my best to find made in America . I will pay extra money for made in the USA . My reason is simple when I buy that way I help my family first . To the people that do not get propping up China also makes there new freeway system they are building fill up faster and the price of fuel go up . The freeway they are building , they are doing it in 5 years and it will be as big as ours. I do all I can to not buy made in china . at least if I have to buy out of country I try not to buy china is last resort.

Spider
06-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Of course I do ..........

PaintballCLE
06-01-2009, 10:16 PM
im actually the opposite.......... i try to avoid stuff made in the USA.........why would i want overpriced inferior junk?

LOL

~Crash~
06-01-2009, 10:28 PM
well to the ones that don't I am sure your lay off will only be for a few mounths...

SJ Bronco
06-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Im not sure I've ever bought anything made in the USA that was "inferior junk". I could be wrong. I have however owned MANY things made in china and korea that were junk. The main lesson here is, we don't make much of anything here anymore, thats the problem.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
06-02-2009, 12:10 AM
In addition to buying American, I want to encourage people here to purchase goods and services from the U.S. Jewish community. Part of your contributions are donated to causes in fighting terrorist groups such as Hamas, Hezbollah and Al Qaeda. It's a win-win for everyone.

SouthStndJunkie
06-02-2009, 12:13 AM
In addition to buying American, I want to encourage people here to purchase goods and services from the U.S. Jewish community. Part of your contributions are donated to causes in fighting terrorist groups such as Hamas, Hezbollah and Al Qaeda. It's a win-win for everyone.

Does having a Jewish lawyer count?

worm
06-02-2009, 12:17 AM

I would also like to take this opportunity to encourage you all to buy from the U.S. Irish sector.

We promote good drinking habits and are looking to expand March 17th into the 17th of every month for our Holiday.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
06-02-2009, 12:18 AM
Does having a Jewish lawyer count?

Yes, it does:yayaya:

Jewish lawyers are the best. They are so ruthless.

TDmvp
06-02-2009, 12:18 AM

Yea Walmart still sells lots of made in the USA stuff , if you look AND they sell lots made in Israel ... And I look for those things ... And Walmart and other stores should advertise those things and mark those things made here in the stores to make it easier to find ..

Rock Chalk
06-02-2009, 12:55 AM
I buy based on price not country of origin.

Electronics I generally get from either Japan or Korea.

Cars from Japan.

Clothes from USA but probably made in a sweatshop in Bangladesh.

I buy nothing but USA food buddy and thats the bulk of my money spent.

The question was, do I go out of my way to buy USA products? No I do not. When I purchase something, I rarely think about where it comes from.

Hogan11
06-02-2009, 01:00 AM
I buy based on price not country of origin.

Electronics I generally get from either Japan or Korea.

Cars from Japan.

Clothes from USA but probably made in a sweatshop in Bangladesh.

I buy nothing but USA food buddy and thats the bulk of my money spent.

The question was, do I go out of my way to buy USA products? No I do not. When I purchase something, I rarely think about where it comes from.

This....jingoism means nothing to me when I shop....best price & best value gets my buck and I don't care where it comes from.

cutthemdown
06-02-2009, 01:35 AM
I like to buy American when I can.

Recent made in usa purchases.

A calif king bedframe and new mattress.

Some new balance sneakers.

here is a link for made in america products.

http://www.americansworking.com/

slyinky
06-02-2009, 01:44 AM
Sometimes it's hard to buy American.

http://www.pbrennan.net/images/USAPinMadeInChina.jpg

Kaylore
06-02-2009, 02:06 AM
I buy based on price and quality. American-made products most of the time are crappy in both categories.

I love the "buy it so we can keep American jobs" argument. Why not go a step further and just have all American companies sell a bag of sand and label it "SUV," "Sedan," "Refrigerator," "Sweater," etc and price them according to their label. I mean if you guys don't care if what you're getting is any good, let's just make a bunch of sand companies - of course it will be American workers packing American sand - and label them what we "wish" they were and charge whatever price we need to keep those guys employed! If we don't care if they suck or not but are going to buy it anyway because it's "American" then just let them sell something cheap and we can pretend it's the crappy thing we were buying anyway. That's an awesome idea!

cutthemdown
06-02-2009, 02:54 AM
cmon there are a lot of good american products, you just have to research.

BroncoInSkinland
06-02-2009, 05:26 AM
For the majority of products I buy US goods, but for cars I just couldn't do it any more. I had a Buick and two Chevies for my first three vehicles, and none of them were reliable at all. When one broke down and stranded me at South Of the Border South Carolina for a full week, I was done with American cars. Since then I have owned three Hondas. The American cars lasted a combined total of two and a half years. The Hondas? Going on 16 years now. When the American auto companies get thier act together and start producing products that are anywhere near the quality of Hondas I will review my stance, until then my money goes elsewhere.

cutthemdown
06-02-2009, 05:37 AM
For the majority of products I buy US goods, but for cars I just couldn't do it any more. I had a Buick and two Chevies for my first three vehicles, and none of them were reliable at all. When one broke down and stranded me at South Of the Border South Carolina for a full week, I was done with American cars. Since then I have owned three Hondas. The American cars lasted a combined total of two and a half years. The Hondas? Going on 16 years now. When the American auto companies get thier act together and start producing products that are anywhere near the quality of Hondas I will review my stance, until then my money goes elsewhere.

A lot of honda stuff assembled in America. With a lot of the cars it's hard to buy American but I did have great luck with my Chrysler 300m. Pretty darn good car as far as reliability goes. And the v-6 in it has plenty of power.

But all you can really do is buy some American where you can.

Valvoline synthetic oil
New Balance shoes
Lotrimin athletes foot cream

3 good american products!!!!!!

cutthemdown
06-02-2009, 05:40 AM
I hear all the outdoor gear at Cabella's is made in America.

cutthemdown
06-02-2009, 05:41 AM
Kitchen aid appliances made in America. I have a blender by them!!!!!

Broncojef
06-02-2009, 06:05 AM
I'd never buy any vehicle outside a Ford, Chevy and Chrysler..it pains me to see them in bed with the government and I'm way less than excited about the products they'll produce now. Buy American whenever and wherever you can, hopefully it leads to some jobs being saved. I just bought an F250, they didn't take bailout money and that matters to me.

BroncoInSkinland
06-02-2009, 06:13 AM
I'd never buy any vehicle outside a Ford, Chevy and Chrysler..it pains me to see them in bed with the government and I'm way less than excited about the products they'll produce now. Buy American whenever and wherever you can, hopefully it leads to some jobs being saved. I just bought an F250, they didn't take bailout money and that matters to me.

That is one of my exceptions, I think I would still be Ok with an American truck. If I get a pickup it will probably be a Ford. I still can't reward them for producing an inferior product with the majority of thier sedans though. It really does pain me though, I don't know where the pride in the products we produce went. I remember my grandfather talking about made in America products. The problem is the consumer has a responsibility to buy them, but the manufacturer has a responsibility to produce the best goods on the market, and they failed thier end long before I gave up on mine.

Broncojef
06-02-2009, 06:22 AM
That is one of my exceptions, I think I would still be Ok with an American truck. If I get a pickup it will probably be a Ford. I still can't reward them for producing an inferior product with the majority of thier sedans though. It really does pain me though, I don't know where the pride in the products we produce went. I remember my grandfather talking about made in America products. The problem is the consumer has a responsibility to buy them, but the manufacturer has a responsibility to produce the best goods on the market, and they failed thier end long before I gave up on mine.

As I get older I'm into comfort and performance. I realize my toys are top end GM products for the most part but my Cadillacs, Tahoe and Corvette are world class and I'd put them against any foriegn product any day of the week.

BroncoInSkinland
06-02-2009, 06:40 AM
As I get older I'm into comfort and performance. I realize my toys are top end GM products for the most part but my Cadillacs, Tahoe and Corvette are world class and I'd put them against any foriegn product any day of the week.

Fair enough, but I haven't seen it. When my car was in the shop, I got a Ford Focus as the loaner vehicle. It confirmed for me that the American manufactures are still producing inferior products. I have not tried luxury sedans, or SUV's so I cant really comment on them, but for econoboxes to mid range sedans I have yet to find an American vehicle that offers the same benefits my Hondas have. Sports cars are another excepetion. I love the American muscle cars, just can't afford them. :)

Broncojef
06-02-2009, 06:52 AM
Fair enough, but I haven't seen it. When my car was in the shop, I got a Ford Focus as the loaner vehicle. It confirmed for me that the American manufactures are still producing inferior products. I have not tried luxury sedans, or SUV's so I cant really comment on them, but for econoboxes to mid range sedans I have yet to find an American vehicle that offers the same benefits my Hondas have. Sports cars are another excepetion. I love the American muscle cars, just can't afford them. :)

I'm a bigger dude and I have issues with all economy type vehicles both foriegn and domestic. I just hope Government Motors continues to make some bigger more comortable vehicles with some serious engines and the fine quality they currently have in their top end vehicles. I feel the affording thing, felt the same way for years.

Bronco Boy
06-02-2009, 07:10 AM
In a global economy, "buying American" is pretty pointless and will just end up costing everyone more in the long run.

bronclvr
06-02-2009, 07:12 AM
In a global economy, "buying American" is pretty pointless and will just end up costing everyone more in the long run.

Care to explain this?

oubronco
06-02-2009, 07:14 AM
every chance I get

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2009, 07:25 AM
I like to buy American when I can.

Recent made in usa purchases.

A calif king bedframe and new mattress.

Some new balance sneakers.

here is a link for made in america products.

http://www.americansworking.com/

That link is embarrasssing IMO. Just did a quick search of some of the headings that have applied to me recently:

Clicked on "electronics" - found one guitar amp and one digital microscope listed. No tvs, speakers, radios, etc.

"Grills" - literally one type of grill they don't sell anywhere near me.

"Mens clothing" - nothing I've ever heard of or seen carried at any local stores.

"Cameras and Equipment" - literally one specific fast action camera mount that I'd have no use for. No actual cameras.

Too bad I'm not in the market for guns or hunting gear. The US has me covered there I guess.

Broncos_OTM
06-02-2009, 07:32 AM

Why would i want to buy from a country that is right wing? whose leader is talking final soloutions...

Broncos_OTM
06-02-2009, 07:36 AM

While that used to be true american made cars are getting betterl sorry to hear you lost your truzt in american cars.

BroncoInSkinland
06-02-2009, 07:46 AM
While that used to be true american made cars are getting betterl sorry to hear you lost your truzt in american cars.

I'll probably give them a shot next time I buy, but they have a lot to measure up to from my Honda's. I will definately do my standard car buying procedure with a few of them though. Whenever you are thinking of buying a car, rent one for a few days before hand.

By renting one you get a much better feel for how it will actually perform in real life, what the size of the trunk is, how much hitting the pump will really cost you, are the cup holders and dash controls convinient. You learn a ton more about the car than any test drive could ever do for you.

Unfortunately just before the economy turned I bought myself a new Honda, so it will be a while before I need another. I do like my Fit though, great little econobox, and as one of the previous posters mentioned much of the manufacturing process is done right here in the states.

spdirty
06-02-2009, 08:21 AM
buy nothing but Ford trucks, F250s and Rangers when it comes to signs and posts we buy American (no other competition), but thats where the bulk of my money goes. Oh. I can give one example where an American company beats the hell out of a Japanese company in one particular product. Barricade sheeting. 3M's barricade sheeting is FAR superior to Nikkolite. So if you need Barricade sheeting for any particular reason, buy 3M.:thumbs:

Though when I go buy stuff for myself, TVs, lawnmowers, washer/dryer, etc., where the product was made is usually the last thing on my mind.

ohiobronco2
06-02-2009, 08:21 AM

I'm getting ready to buy a Honda as we speak. There is a reason why they retain their value. My Grandfather worked for Ford and that is all I ever hear about from my Father. I buy the highest quality at the most reasonable price, many times that is American, sometimes, it's not.

ohiobronco2
06-02-2009, 08:23 AM
I'll probably give them a shot next time I buy, but they have a lot to measure up to from my Honda's. I will definately do my standard car buying procedure with a few of them though. Whenever you are thinking of buying a car, rent one for a few days before hand.

By renting one you get a much better feel for how it will actually perform in real life, what the size of the trunk is, how much hitting the pump will really cost you, are the cup holders and dash controls convinient. You learn a ton more about the car than any test drive could ever do for you.

Unfortunately just before the economy turned I bought myself a new Honda, so it will be a while before I need another. I do like my Fit though, great little econobox, and as one of the previous posters mentioned much of the manufacturing process is done right here in the states.

I live in Plain City Ohio. I've toured the East Liberty site personally. It's awesome.

PaintballCLE
06-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Im not sure I've ever bought anything made in the USA that was "inferior junk". I could be wrong. I have however owned MANY things made in china and korea that were junk. The main lesson here is, we don't make much of anything here anymore, thats the problem.

Chevy Impala and a Toyota Camry cost about the same right now new.

in 5 years from now, the toyota will be worth twice as much as the impala.

Reason being?

American Cars are Junk!

Sorry but I will never buy another one ever again.......The only decent american car left is the vette......and those are over 100 grand now for a good one.

~Crash~
06-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Sometimes it's hard to buy American.

http://www.pbrennan.net/images/USAPinMadeInChina.jpg

Oh I agree but that is were I go with any were but china I wish we had more products from Mexico to help out a country that would help us out with boarder jumpers. Buying made in Japan is not to bad but buying made in China is not a good thing at all that cheap thing you buy today you will be paying 4 times the price latter on in Fuel prices in heating and gas for your cars.

Smiling Assassin27
06-02-2009, 08:54 AM
if an American product is the best combination of price, quality, and service, then i'm on it. if not, then i pass. i'm not willing to sacrifice these qualities to subsidize an inferior product.

build what i want, price it so it creates value for me, and back it up with your words and deeds and i'll never leave. if it's American, great. if not, that's fine too.

~Crash~
06-02-2009, 08:55 AM
I buy based on price and quality. American-made products most of the time are crappy in both categories.

I love the "buy it so we can keep American jobs" argument. Why not go a step further and just have all American companies sell a bag of sand and label it "SUV," "Sedan," "Refrigerator," "Sweater," etc and price them according to their label. I mean if you guys don't care if what you're getting is any good, let's just make a bunch of sand companies - of course it will be American workers packing American sand - and label them what we "wish" they were and charge whatever price we need to keep those guys employed! If we don't care if they suck or not but are going to buy it anyway because it's "American" then just let them sell something cheap and we can pretend it's the crappy thing we were buying anyway. That's an awesome idea!

horse **** I have yet to buy something made in the USA that was not high quality . Spain products suck time and again garbage.

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2009, 09:05 AM
horse **** I have yet to buy something made in the USA that was not high quality . Spain products suck time and again garbage.

Don't kid yourself. Plenty of American-made products are garbage.

And what the hell do you buy that's made in Spain? Aside from some heavy commercial items (medical equipment, oil, nuclear material and fuels and aircraft are some of their biggest exports to the US) that aren't applicable for the average person, they really only export things like food, wine and olive oil. If you're looking for anything else, I'd say it's your own fault for expecting better.

Spider
06-02-2009, 09:13 AM

Bull , show me any line of clothing that will match up with Carhart ...... and hammer from overseas that will compete with a death stick , or red wing work boots , Heavy equipment the imports have came along ways in competing , but there is no beating Caterpillar , in any department , you really think a Full size jap job pick up could keep up with a Duramax or a power stroke ? you would be kidding your self ........American made products still kick ass

~Crash~
06-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Chevy Impala and a Toyota Camry cost about the same right now new.

in 5 years from now, the Toyota will be worth twice as much as the impala.

Reason being?

American Cars are Junk!

Sorry but I will never buy another one ever again.......The only decent American car left is the vette......and those are over 100 grand now for a good one.

well that is common sense nothing wrong with that I am not really talking big purchases and yes take quality besides it has been pointed out Toyota has plenty of American workers . I am talking more about were we are headed with China . this borrowing from the devil is going to wreck this country .

but not all American cars are junk

Spider
06-02-2009, 09:17 AM

;D Ford man myself , except when the triplets came along , I now buy only Chevy Suburbans ,big enough to transport me and my tribe , and I have room to pack stuff , if we go to the lake etc .. man I have come to love those things ..........

Meck77
06-02-2009, 09:23 AM
BUY USA! Print money! Sell debt to China!

PRBronco
06-02-2009, 09:28 AM
I definitely factor in country of origin in my purchases, I'm willing to pay a little bit more if it was made in North America. Mostly for things like clothes though, although I've been looking to buy a Subaru and I hear they're assembled in the States.

Also I'd like to encourage you all to buy Stanfields socks and underwear, made in Canada! Fine quality undies :)

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Bull , show me any line of clothing that will match up with Carhart ...... and hammer from overseas that will compete with a death stick , or red wing work boots , Heavy equipment the imports have came along ways in competing , but there is no beating Caterpillar , in any department , you really think a Full size jap job pick up could keep up with a Duramax or a power stroke ? you would be kidding your self ........American made products still kick ass

I don't think anyone would disagree with at least most of these points. Problem is, 90% of the people in the country really don't have a need for "the best, strongest, toughest" versions of these things. 90% of the population would be just fine without the best hammer money can buy, work boots, a freakin' Caterpillar, or a ridiculous work truck (when all they need is a small pickup to carry some mulch or grass seed from home depot). You're marketing to a relatively small segment of the population.

Spider
06-02-2009, 09:38 AM
I don't think anyone would disagree with at least most of these points. Problem is, 90% of the people in the country really don't have a need for "the best, strongest, toughest" versions of these things. 90% of the population would be just fine without the best hammer money can buy, work boots, a freakin' Caterpillar, or a ridiculous work truck (when all they need is a small pickup to carry some mulch or grass seed from home depot). You're marketing to a relatively small segment of the population.

Maybe where you live , but not out here , not out west , It gets cold in Mass- a- chew-sitts , but you can get shelter pretty easy , out west here it is a different story , you can be exposed to the cold and be trapped out in the open here , as for the deathstick yeah they cost more but damn well worth it , they get used for everything , work boots ? come on everyone that works outside no matter where they live understands the value of good work boots ,and everyone wants a cat ,but not everyone can afford them, and Ridiculous work truck ? Trucks are meant for work , not style , not to be cool etc ...... Bad ass Boys drive bad ass toys
Dude out west here , even some parts of Missouri towing a boat or a camper up and down these hills out here ...... you need horse power ,

Spider
06-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Silly city boy , Trucks are for working men

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Good for them.

But like I said, 90% of the entire population of this country are not working men that "need" these items.

Spider
06-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Good for them.

But like I said, 90% of the entire population of this country are not working men that "need" these items.

LOL so 90% of Americans are not working men ? Interesting , I wonder how the 10% breaks down ...... 7% construction ,2% truckers .7% agriculture/ Packing plants/.3% other ?

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2009, 09:59 AM
LOL so 90% of Americans are not working men ? Interesting , I wonder how the 10% breaks down ...... 7% construction ,2% truckers .7% agriculture/ Packing plants/.3% other ?

Do you think I'm wrong with my estimate? I guarantee you, if anything, I've overestimated it.

bronclvr
06-02-2009, 10:00 AM
I wonder how the American public would look at our situation, say, a hundred Years ago-would they buy foreign? It is distressing to see so many people worried about me, me ,me-I can't understand why some of these people are the same ones screaming the loudest about our current economic situation. Can't they see that we are all in this together? I have seen this on all of the Forums I frequent, and it just astounds me. Somehow, we have to suport America to keep our jobs and way of life-that Global Ecomony crap can go to he!!-

I agree with Spider on this one, and I have a Yukon and a Z71 Pickup, along with a Ford Pickup, Mustang and a Harley-you won't find Jap crap in my Garage. I will do with less to support my Country-(luckily, I don't have to Hilarious! )-

Spider
06-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Do you think I'm wrong with my estimate? I guarantee you, if anything, I've overestimated it.

Yeah something tells me more then just 10% of the workforce isnt in corporate America........

mwill07
06-02-2009, 10:06 AM
The Iowa Car Crop (http://faculty.tamu-commerce.edu/dfunderburk/428/readings/The%20Iowa%20Car%20Crop.htm)
There are two technologies for producing automobiles in America. One is to manufacture them in Detroit, and the other is to grow them in Iowa. Everybody knows about the first technology; let me tell you about the second. First, you plant seeds, which are the raw material from which automobiles are constructed. You wait a few months until wheat appears. Then you harvest the wheat, load it onto ships, and sail the ships eastward into the Pacific Ocean. After a few months, the ships reappear with Toyotas on them.

International trade is nothing but a form of technology. The fact that there is a place called Japan, with people and factories, is quite irrelevant to Americans’ well-being. To analyze trade policies, we might as well assume that Japan is a giant machine with mysterious inner workings that convert wheat into cars.

Any policy designed to favor the first American technology over the second is a policy designed to favor American auto producers in Detroit over American auto producers in Iowa. A tax or a ban on “imported” automobiles is a tax or a ban on Iowa-grown automobiles. If you protect Detroit carmakers from competition, then you must damage Iowa farmers, because Iowa farmers are the competition.

The task of producing a given fleet of car can be allocated between Detroit and Iowa in a variety of ways. A competitive price system selects that allocation that minimizes the total production cost. It would be unnecessarily expensive to manufacture all cars in Detroit, unnecessarily expensive to grow all cars in Iowa, and unnecessarily expensive to use the two production processes in anything other than the natural ratio that emerges as a result of competition.

That means that protection for Detroit does more than just transfer income from farmers to autoworkers. It also raises the total cost of providing Americans with a given number of automobiles. The efficiency loss comes with no offsetting gain; it impoverishes the nation as a whole.

There is much talk about improving the efficiency of American car manufacturing. When you have two ways to make a car, the road to efficiency is to use both in optimal proportions. The last thing you should want to do is to artificially hobble one of your production technologies. It is sheer superstition to think that an Iowa-grown Camry is any less “American” than a Detroit-built Taurus. Policies rooted in superstition do not frequently bear efficient fruit.

In 1817, David Ricardo—the first economist to think with the precision, though not the language, of pure mathematics—laid the foundation for all future thought about international trade. In the intervening 150 years his theory has been much elaborated but its foundations remain as firmly established as anything in economics. Trade theory predicts first that if you protect American producers in one industry from foreign competition, then you must damage American producers in other industries. It predicts second that if you protect American producers in one industry from foreign competition, there must be a net loss in economic efficiency.

Broncojef
06-02-2009, 10:06 AM
;D Ford man myself , except when the triplets came along , I now buy only Chevy Suburbans ,big enough to transport me and my tribe , and I have room to pack stuff , if we go to the lake etc .. man I have come to love those things ..........

Once again we agree on something, America rocks!!!! :thumbs:

Spider
06-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Once again we agree on something, America rocks!!!! :thumbs:

;D well lets not make it a habit , I got a rep to protect :D
I have come to love those freaking Suburbans , those things are bad ass to the bone , I gave my Dad the 2500 Sub I had with a 454 , now I got a 1500 with a vortech 350 ...I like the opening doors over the gate ;D

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Yeah something tells me more then just 10% of the workforce isnt in corporate America........

Read the thread again. That wasn't the criteria. It was not only working men but working men that NEEDED these items. And I said entire population of the US; NOT "the workforce". That's a HUGE difference.

Also, just because someone is in construction, landscaping, manual labor, etc. doesn't mean they need an F-350 over an import. Aside from towing 10,000+ pounds, there's really nothing useful a domestic could do that a Tundra couldn't. In fact, I'd argue most can get away without having a truck at all. How many laborers actually use their trucks for their work? Most do nothing more than commute to work and use that vehicle for personal stuff.

But just for sh*ts and giggles......let's get back to your original point above and crunch the numbers. The US Population is 306,000,000. Over half that are women. Now take away all the underage, retired, and "city men" whose idea of work is going to a cubicle and staring at a screen. Now take away all the guys that work in manual labor that don't use their trucks as part of their job. Are you left with more than 30,000,000 men? Considering there aren't even that many SuperDuty-level trucks on the road today (including the ones that are being driven by posers), I'd say my estimate is generous.

Spider
06-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Read the thread again. That wasn't the criteria. It was not only working men but working men that NEEDED these items. And I said entire population of the US; NOT "the workforce". That's a HUGE difference.

Also, just because someone is in construction, landscaping, manual labor, etc. doesn't mean they need an F-350 over an import. Aside from towing 10,000+ pounds, there's really nothing useful a domestic could do that a Tundra couldn't. In fact, I'd argue most can get away without having a truck at all. How many laborers actually use their trucks for their work? Most do nothing more than commute to work and use that vehicle for personal stuff. Sure they do , they just cant afford it ....... you sell them a Ford F350 for the same price as a Girly man import and guess what ... you got it .....you walk up to a guy in a excavator Lets say he is in a Hitachi 300 , and ask him , hey man I will trade you a 300 Cat same year same hours on it ...... Guess what , his ass is out of there heading to the Cat before you finish that sentence .......

But just for sh*ts and giggles......let's get back to your original point above and crunch the numbers. The US Population is 306,000,000. Over half that are women. Now take away all the underage, retired, and "city men" whose idea of work is going to a cubicle and staring at a screen. Now take away all the guys that work in manual labor that don't use their trucks as part of their job. Are you left with more than 30,000,000 men? Considering there aren't even that many SuperDuty-level trucks on the road today (including the ones that are being driven by posers), I'd say my estimate is generous.I have seen kids and women in the work force .............

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Sure they do , they just cant afford it .......

If they can get their current job done with what they have, then they don't "need" it. "Want" and "need" are two very different things.

I have seen kids and women in the work force .............

Go back a page. Original criteria was "men" not women. But if you want to include the less than 5% of women in this country that might possibly need such a vehicle, then so be it. Again, I'm being generous with that number. I think there are probably 10 women in all of New England that may fit that criteria.

And kids under the age of 16 don't have driver's licenses, so I think it's safe to say we can't include them here.

Spider
06-02-2009, 10:43 AM
If they can get their current job done with what they have, then they don't "need" it. "Want" and "need" are two very different things. they can but depending on the job it may take more time or more trips

Go back a page. Original criteria was "men" not women. But if you want to include the less than 5% of women in this country that might possibly need such a vehicle, then so be it. Again, I'm being generous with that number. I think there are probably 10 women in all of New England that may fit that criteria.

And kids under the age of 16 don't have driver's licenses, so I think it's safe to say we can't include them here.

Ranch work , coal mine work , plenty of kids out here under the age of 16 drive

Rock Chalk
06-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Maybe where you live , but not out here , not out west , It gets cold in Mass- a- chew-sitts , but you can get shelter pretty easy , out west here it is a different story , you can be exposed to the cold and be trapped out in the open here , as for the deathstick yeah they cost more but damn well worth it , they get used for everything , work boots ? come on everyone that works outside no matter where they live understands the value of good work boots ,and everyone wants a cat ,but not everyone can afford them, and Ridiculous work truck ? Trucks are meant for work , not style , not to be cool etc ...... Bad ass Boys drive bad ass toys
Dude out west here , even some parts of Missouri towing a boat or a camper up and down these hills out here ...... you need horse power ,

I dont own a truck, probably never will. However, i agree with Spider here.

Easterners and Californians do not know a ****ing thing about life in the central part of the country. Grass seed? Mulch?

People in this part of the country build decks, add-ons, sheds, load landscaping rocks, move, and definitely travel in some rougher country than those pussified city folk on the coasts.

Trucks are common sites all through flyover America because they are necessary to get anything done.

Now, I personally do not have need for any of those ****, but a lot of people do. People in flyover America dont live in 1200 square foot million dollar "apartments". They live in 2500 square foot 120,000 dollar houses, sometimes with some acreage that requires more than just some grass seed and mulch to maintain.

Spider
06-02-2009, 10:50 AM
you have to understand a power a cat has , day and night ...... Cats last longer , less repairs and more power , the only thing that will rival a cat in small jobs is a bobcat , and you see a **** load of those bad boys , made in America

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2009, 10:53 AM
I dont own a truck, probably never will. However, i agree with Spider here.

Easterners and Californians do not know a ****ing thing about life in the central part of the country. Grass seed? Mulch?

Oh, we have a clue. But are you following the population part of the argument? What I am referring to is the ENTIRE US population here. The population of the US is dominated by the cities and burbs along the coast. None of these people need these things.....and a good chunk of the folks in the middle don't either.

People in this part of the country build decks, add-ons, sheds, load landscaping rocks, move, and definitely travel in some rougher country than those pussified city folk on the coasts.

This happens everywhere.

Trucks are common sites all through flyover America because they are necessary to get anything done.

Nobody disagrees with this. What I am debating is how many of these folks need the capabilities of a SuperMax when an import could do the specific job they require just as well.

It's like buying the $2,000 top of the line blu ray player when the PS3 will do the same job for 99% of the population. Sure, there are features that are available on the top of the line player that aren't on the PS3, but how many people will even attempt to use them.....much less need them.

They live in 2500 square foot 120,000 dollar houses, sometimes with some acreage that requires more than just some grass seed and mulch to maintain.

Agreed. There is plenty of that in America. However, it doesn't account for more than 10% of the population.

bronclvr
06-02-2009, 11:09 AM
you have to understand a power a cat has , day and night ...... Cats last longer , less repairs and more power , the only thing that will rival a cat in small jobs is a bobcat , and you see a **** load of those bad boys , made in America

Spider,

I am really sorry to mention this (but I thought I would before someone else does)-

Cat does not make their Excavator-it's made by Mitsubishi-Deere does not make theirs-it's a Hitachi (Deere even owns the rights to North America for the Hitachi)-it's weird, the only American made Excavators are (surprisingly enough) Kobelco and Komastu-go figure.

Now, on Dozers Cat makes 'em-so does Deere-same on Backhoes and Skid Steers. Bobcat is also made in North Dakota (but is now owned by a South Korean Company)-

TailgateNut
06-02-2009, 11:09 AM
I tried to stay away from Chinese and Hencho en Mexico because most of their products are CRAPOLA.

I buy only American "label" trucks and refuse to buy furniture which wasn't made here in the US of A. I may spend 2 to 3 times the $$$ but it will outlast me compared to the junk furniture which you have to replace every 3-4 years. As an example, I think the furniture delivery dudes both had to go see a chiropractor after delivering my entertainment center which was built in Cherryvale NC. Tongue and groove construction, ball bearing slides, solid wood throughout (no effin veneer). That damn thing probably weighs 600 pounds. SOLID and build like a brick ****house!:wiggle: Some things are well worth the money.
I'm sure you can get a wonderful LOOKING bedroom set for a few grand, but why waste your money. Get something you'll never have to replace.

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Good call there. Furniture is one area where you can tell right away if you've been skimping.

bronclvr
06-02-2009, 11:14 AM
I tried to stay away from Chinese and Hencho en Mexico because most of their products are CRAPOLA.

I buy only American "label" trucks and refuse to buy furniture which wasn't made here in the US of A. I may spend 2 to 3 times the $$$ but it will outlast me compared to the junk furniture which you have to replace every 3-4 years. As an example, I think the furniture delivery dudes both had to go see a chiropractor after delivering my entertainment center which was built in Cherryvale NC. Tongue and groove construction, ball bearing slides, solid wood throughout (no effin veneer). That damn thing probably weighs 600 pounds. SOLID and build like a brick ****house!:wiggle: Some things are well worth the money.
I'm sure you can get a wonderful LOOKING bedroom set for a few grand, but why waste your money. Get something you'll never have to replace.

:thumbs:

Spider
06-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Spider,

I am really sorry to mention this (but I thought I would before someone else does)-

Cat does not make their Excavator-it's made by Mitsubishi-Deere does not make theirs-it's a Hitachi (Deere even owns the rights to North America for the Hitachi)-it's weird, the only American made Excavators are (surprisingly enough) Kobelco and Komastu-go figure.

Now, on Dozers Cat makes 'em-so does Deere-same on Backhoes and Skid Steers. Bobcat is also made in North Dakota (but is now owned by a South Korean Company)-

yeah I know , I should have said the older ones .. i didnt know Bob cat sold out

lex
06-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Ive always functioned with the idea that America is more about perfect competition than corporate socialism...buying the best products...that this is truly the American way, even if that means buying foreign.

cutthemdown
06-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Ive always functioned with the idea that America is more about perfect competition than corporate socialism...buying the best products...that this is truly the American way, even if that means buying foreign.

It's not smart to buy inferior product because its made in america.

My point is that if it comes down to 2 products, they are equal, might be worth it to me to pay a little more for the made in America.

What people fail to realize is that the product doesn't have to be made in america to be good for america. A robust economy will have imports and domestic products both flying off the shelves.

Kitchenaid is supposedly made in America, so you can't buy an AMerican TV, but you can buy an American blender.

cutthemdown
06-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Good call there. Furniture is one area where you can tell right away if you've been skimping.

See you can find certain places were buying American works. Sure we don't make tvs and cameras but that's ok because Japan and other Asian countries make some great cameras and tvs. We can still make money on them by importing them and re-selling them adding to the economy.

I think if people even decide to research a little more, and then buy American where it makes sense, that would be helpful.

cutthemdown
06-02-2009, 09:14 PM

Carthart makes some tough clothes. I have a shirt style jacket from them that you could set on fire and still it would survive. Good for going to the beach at night for a bonfire in the summer, or camping etc.

Also I have a couple Carthart t-shirts that have lasted a long time.

lex
06-02-2009, 10:42 PM
It's not smart to buy inferior product because its made in america.

My point is that if it comes down to 2 products, they are equal, might be worth it to me to pay a little more for the made in America.

What people fail to realize is that the product doesn't have to be made in america to be good for america. A robust economy will have imports and domestic products both flying off the shelves.

Kitchenaid is supposedly made in America, so you can't buy an AMerican TV, but you can buy an American blender.

Anymore, knowing what is american requires a lot of research that requires time people dont have. Having a corporation headquartered in the US doesnt mean it was made in the US. And even if it was made in the US that doesnt mean components werent imported. Such is complex interdependency. But like I said, people buy for a variety of reasons. If the two products are comparable there are people who will buy foreign knowing they are doing so. This is perfectly justifiable. Its the corporations place to create value with their brand that would make it appeal to people in such scenarios and not rely on some variation of corporate socialism/jingoism. Its not the burden of the consumer.

Its naive to believe that buying american keeps jobs in america. If a corporation is successful with a factory in Michigan, theyll still look to move the factory to the south because of cheaper labor...and then after that, theyll still look to move it overseas for even cheaper labor. To believe otherwise is naive.

cutthemdown
06-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Anymore, knowing what is american requires a lot of research that requires time people dont have. Having a corporation headquartered in the US doesnt mean it was made in the US. And even if it was made in the US that doesnt mean components werent imported. Such is complex interdependency. But like I said, people buy for a variety of reasons. If the two products are comparable there are people who will buy foreign knowing they are doing so. This is perfectly justifiable. Its the corporations place to create value with their brand that would make it appeal to people in such scenarios and not rely on some variation of corporate socialism/jingoism. Its not the burden of the consumer.

Its naive to believe that buying american keeps jobs in america. If a corporation is successful with a factory in Michigan, theyll still look to move the factory to the south because of cheaper labor...and then after that, theyll still look to move it overseas for even cheaper labor. To believe otherwise is naive.

I don't think it keeps jobs in America, what is logical to go overseas will go over see's. To me its about supporting some other Americans buy buying there made in America, or made mostly in American products.

Are you saying it makes no difference if you buy New Balance shoes, over Nike? One made here one made over seas. It makes a difference IMO.

No reason to say crazy things like America needs a TV company, or a car stereo producewr in the country. I understand how making things as cheaply as possible makes sense sometimes.

I spend thousands a yr on stuff made in America. You can do it pretty easily.

lex
06-02-2009, 11:12 PM
I don't think it keeps jobs in America, what is logical to go overseas will go over see's. To me its about supporting some other Americans buy buying there made in America, or made mostly in American products.

Just as "buying american" makes sense in a big picture sort of way, so to does keeping american jobs in america...if america is your primary customer base...because otherwise, in a big picture sort of way, youre taking money out of your customers pockets by moving jobs overseas. Its amazing how people fail to acknowledge this and only seem to want to focus on "buying america" as a burden. Its actually a two-way street.

Are you saying it makes no difference if you buy New Balance shoes, over Nike? One made here one made over seas. It makes a difference IMO.

Im saying people buy products for a variety of reasons and that its the responsibility of american companies to give their brands appeal. Its their responsibilities as individual companies and also collectively.

No reason to say crazy things like America needs a TV company, or a car stereo producewr in the country. I understand how making things as cheaply as possible makes sense sometimes.

Its up to each individual to decide why they buy what they want to buy. Theres no set criteria. Its up to each individual. Again, some may buy based on the reputation of american products in general and some may buy based on the reputation of the specific product or the company making it (relative to others making similar goods). Its the companies' burden to wrestle with this.

I spend thousands a yr on stuff made in America. You can do it pretty easily.

I dont feel compelled to buy "american" at all.

Atlas
06-02-2009, 11:44 PM
People need to look at what Chevy is putting out right now. THey compete and compare very nicely with the Jap cars.

THat being said I own a 2008 HYundai Accent, a 2005 Hyundai Elantra and a 2007 Chevy Malibu.

I think Chevy will rebound nicely. Chrysler on the other hand is doomed although I would sell might right arm for a Dodge Challenger.

http://vikram-rao.com/2006-Dodge-Challenger-Concept-SA-Top-1024x768.jpg

Dutch
06-03-2009, 08:39 AM
My Jeep (3rd one) helped us to win a war.
Your Honda mows my lawn.

gyldenlove
06-03-2009, 09:02 AM
If the Cadillac CTS-V had better interior trim I would really like one, as it stands now I would take the souped up Hyundai Genesis or Mitsubishi Evo over a CTS-V or Challenger.

That One Guy
06-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Since I'm in America, an American made product should have an advantage since shipping prices should be lower.

People argue for free trade and then argue in favor of unions and then argue in favor of legalizing immigrants and then try to tell me to buy American?

The government controls the economy. When they start trying to preserve American jobs, I'll gladly help. As long as the sheep in this country are politically ignorant and voting in free trade and pro-union asshats at the same time... F them and their unemployment. I still have a job and I'll have one in the future.

chadta
06-03-2009, 09:23 AM

oh how true, the casting place i was working at was bidding on a few jobs for harley davidson, we lost out to a company in china, so even the big bad american icon is assembled here with parts from china.

andhey what the hell was ford thinking getting rid of the taurus, its coming back next year tho

~Crash~
06-03-2009, 09:56 AM

Also, just because someone is in construction, landscaping, manual labor, etc. doesn't mean they need an F-350 over an import. Aside from towing 10,000+ pounds, there's really nothing useful a domestic could do that a Tundra couldn't. In fact, I'd argue most can get away without having a truck at all. How many laborers actually use their trucks for their work? Most do nothing more than commute to work and use that vehicle for personal stuff.

But just for sh*ts and giggles......let's get back to your original point above and crunch the numbers. The US Population is 306,000,000. Over half that are women. Now take away all the underage, retired, and "city men" whose idea of work is going to a cubicle and staring at a screen. Now take away all the guys that work in manual labor that don't use their trucks as part of their job. Are you left with more than 30,000,000 men? Considering there aren't even that many SuperDuty-level trucks on the road today (including the ones that are being driven by posers), I'd say my estimate is generous.

you are over the deep end lol here stay in the shallow pool .

Chevy has the best gas mileage of all cars come again Willis

Beantown Bronco
06-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Weird. Where is gas mileage brought up in that post?

But, since you brought that up, they certainly don't. You must be believing that one commercial where they claim that. There are a lot of qualifications there if you take the time to actually look at the fine print.

Borks147
06-03-2009, 10:13 AM
I tend to go out of my way to buy NAFTA products...

Flex Gunmetal
06-03-2009, 10:26 AM
No. It's not my responsibility to carry companies which manufacture and sell inferior products.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Stefangs/20081209-the-bailout.jpg

Flex Gunmetal
06-03-2009, 10:27 AM
People need to look at what Chevy is putting out right now. THey compete and compare very nicely with the Jap cars.

THat being said I own a 2008 HYundai Accent, a 2005 Hyundai Elantra and a 2007 Chevy Malibu.

I think Chevy will rebound nicely. Chrysler on the other hand is doomed although I would sell might right arm for a Dodge Challenger.

http://vikram-rao.com/2006-Dodge-Challenger-Concept-SA-Top-1024x768.jpg

You do know GM filled on monday, right?

Pony Boy
06-03-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm "old school" and do what I can
I drive a Ford F-250 diesel
My wife drives a Cadillac CTS
and I have a Harley Davidson Road King

and I hate ****ing soccer

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Drove American all the way through high school and college.

Got out, bought a new Pontiac Grand Am.

After 48,000 miles, I had to REPLACE THE GODDAMN ENGINE.

Yeah. I'm not buying another American POS until they start making them worthwhile again.

Pony Boy
06-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Drove American all the way through high school and college.

Got out, bought a new Pontiac Grand Am.

After 48,000 miles, I had to REPLACE THE GODDAMN ENGINE.

Yeah. I'm not buying another American POS until they start making them worthwhile again.

Here's a bumper sticker for your new car

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Here's a bumper sticker for your new car

Hey, thanks! Maybe one that reads "If America made a decent car, I'd be driving it. I guess this BMW will have to do."

Irish Stout
06-03-2009, 11:21 AM
I love people who create polls simply so they can rip you apart for what you vote on.

theAPAOps5
06-03-2009, 11:23 AM
I buy American trucks thats for sure and I am a huge fan of Boeing Aircraft over Airbus and other non-american aircraft manufacturers!

Pony Boy
06-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Hey, thanks! Maybe one that reads "If America made a decent car, I'd be driving it. I guess this BMW will have to do."

It does make you wonder what type of quality will be come out of the chevy plants after they cut wages and benefits. I think Cadillac and Buick will keep the quality up.

kamakazi_kal
06-03-2009, 12:05 PM
As far as cars go ..... ive owned a chevy silverado an f250 a tachoma and an s-10 and a civic.

everyone of those trucks accept for the tachoma was ready to fall apart at the 100,000 mile mark. The tachoma made it to 200,000 before I killed it in the socal desert.

The civic runs great still at the 100,000 mark but I'm ready to get a truck again and i'll tell you what .... it won't be an american truck again.

other products I will purchase american if the quality is there I'm a believer in paying for quality.

~Crash~
06-03-2009, 11:25 PM
My chevy pickup has 2,750,000 and runs still runs great how many miles you want ?

~Crash~
06-03-2009, 11:28 PM
also Chevy has high resale value and best gas mileage the 5.3 V8 with the piston shut off gets 29 mile to the gallon .

~Crash~
06-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Weird. Where is gas mileage brought up in that post?

But, since you brought that up, they certainly don't. You must be believing that one commercial where they claim that. There are a lot of qualifications there if you take the time to actually look at the fine print.

look it up the usually get 1 or 2 miles more to the gallon . I got a full size Chevy pickup that get 25 miles to the gallon show an import that beats that and I can tow 250 box's of tomatoes and 200 watermelons I got 2,750,000 on my truck with two or three parts replaced .

~Crash~
06-03-2009, 11:36 PM
I love people who create polls simply so they can rip you apart for what you vote on.

and who did I rip apart ? oh my ....:thumbsup:

cutthemdown
06-04-2009, 12:07 AM
I heard you can get chargers cheap right now. If you want one I would think maybe under 20 grand even.

cutthemdown
06-04-2009, 12:13 AM

Nice cars. I could buy a 2002 330 I believe e46 body style. Totally pristine, garage kept, only 8000 miles lol!!!!.

The low blue book on it probably 12, high book 15 grand. This car easily on the top scale. I bet he would sell it to me for 12 grand though.

It just sits there he never drives it. He drives his 2006 4 runner.

Meh but its just too small for my taste. I need more room. Too bad it wasn't a 5 series or a 7 series.

Beantown Bronco
06-04-2009, 07:13 AM
I got 2,750,000 on my truck with two or three parts replaced .

Unless you are talking feet instead of miles, that's clearly a bunch of BS.

TailgateNut
06-04-2009, 07:25 AM
My chevy pickup has 2,750,000 and runs still runs great how many miles you want ?

2.75 million miles. WOW:spit:

TailgateNut
06-04-2009, 07:32 AM
look it up the usually get 1 or 2 miles more to the gallon . I got a full size Chevy pickup that get 25 miles to the gallon show an import that beats that and I can tow 250 box's of tomatoes and 200 watermelons I got 2,750,000 on my truck with two or three parts replaced .

Damn!

~Crash~
06-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Unless you are talking feet instead of miles, that's clearly a bunch of BS.

what would I lie about that I have always owned chevys and I have no reason to stop.

Also I was thinking this morning people want the boarder secure to Mexico ...that got me to thinking why in the hell don't we spend that money that we are building fences, to propping up there economies and instead of taking our company's to china take some to Mexico . Mexico has alway been a good Alie and friends . I also think we should get everyone in the USA and make them green cards now and work on patronizing them . this would pay some of the debt . Hell California would be in the Black....ROFL!

~Crash~
06-04-2009, 08:17 AM
okay lol 275,000 mile

TheElusiveKyleOrton
what would I lie about that I have always owned chevys and I have no reason to stop.

Also I was thinking this morning people want the boarder secure to Mexico ...that got me to thinking why in the hell don't we spend that money that we are building fences, to propping up there economies and instead of taking our company's to china take some to Mexico . Mexico has alway been a good Alie and friends . I also think we should get everyone in the USA and make them green cards now and work on patronizing them . this would pay some of the debt . hell Calie would be in the Black....ROFL!

Whatever you're smokin', I want some.

Anyone available to translate?

~Crash~

yep :giggle:

~Crash~
06-04-2009, 08:18 AM

stop smoking pot that will help

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-04-2009, 08:42 AM
stop smoking pot that will help

It would be a helluva lot easier if you would just type in something other than broken, first-grader-got-ahold-of-his-dad's-computer English and grammar. but maybe I'll try your way.

Oh, wait. I don't smoke pot. Now you try.

BroncoInSkinland
06-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by ~Crash~

Also I was thinking this morning people want the boarder secure to Mexico ...that got me to thinking why in the hell don't we spend that money that we are building fences, to propping up there economies and instead of taking our company's to china take some to Mexico . Mexico has alway been a good Alie and friends . I also think we should get everyone in the USA and make them green cards now and work on patronizing them . this would pay some of the debt . hell Calie would be in the Black....

I think he is saying that we could secure the Mexican border by using the money we are spending on border fences to supply cheap labor for US companies in Mexico instead of China. He thinks we should do this because Mexico has always been an ally. It gets a little hazy right after that, but I think he is saying we should give them all green cards, and then buy goods from them in thier shops, and that sending money to Mexico in this manner would somehow reduce the US debt, or at least California's state debt...

Among the litany of ironies, misconceptions and just downright ignorant statements there, I found the irony of a situation in which the US government pays for sweat shop labor using tax payer dolars to support privately owned US companies to be particularly mindblowing. That it all happened in a thread titled "Buy Made in the USA" is the icing on the cake. Wow.

TailgateNut
06-04-2009, 08:58 AM

Also I was thinking this morning people want the boarder secure to Mexico ...that got me to thinking why in the hell don't we spend that money that we are building fences, to propping up there economies and instead of taking our company's to china take some to Mexico . Mexico has alway been a good Alie and friends . I also think we should get everyone in the USA and make them green cards now and work on patronizing them . this would pay some of the debt . Hell California would be in the Black....ROFL!

That post is absolutely BRUTAL!:spit:

Meck77
06-04-2009, 09:03 AM

LOL

My 1987 MCI international bus aka OF1 worked as a transit bus starting in 1987. It's my understanding it had about 15 YEARS of service. It drove almost everyday all day during that time. When I purchased it it had 950k on it.

Basically for Crash's story to be true he would have to have been driving his truck all day every day for 40+ years to reach three million miles.

Sorry bud. BS!

TailgateNut
06-04-2009, 09:46 AM
LOL

My 1987 MCI international bus aka OF1 worked as a transit bus starting in 1987. It's my understanding it had about 15 YEARS of service. It drove almost everyday all day during that time. When I purchased it it had 950k on it.

Basically for Crash's story to be true he would have to have been driving his truck all day every day for 40+ years to reach three million miles.

Sorry bud. BS!

That trip to the moon really spun the odometer.;D

Broncojef
06-04-2009, 10:01 AM

Close the border!!! There are no fences being built. Companies have been going to Mexico for cheap labor and minimal taxes for years. Don't worry though as this administration continues to raise taxes on American companies to pay for the debt they have run up more companies will continue to go to China and Mexico. California is in the red currently because people buy into the red tape BS tree huggers want over all industry and illegals continue to cause stress on welfare, social and hospital services. Mexico is only an allie because they have their hand out continually and we give to them.

Flex Gunmetal
06-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Nice cars. I could buy a 2002 330 I believe e46 body style. Totally pristine, garage kept, only 8000 miles lol!!!!.

The low blue book on it probably 12, high book 15 grand. This car easily on the top scale. I bet he would sell it to me for 12 grand though.

It just sits there he never drives it. He drives his 2006 4 runner.

Meh but its just too small for my taste. I need more room. Too bad it wasn't a 5 series or a 7 series.

Thats a great deal. I hate the new 5 and 7 series. We can't sell em worth a damn.
And for the high mileage award I would like to nominate the bmw 88 325ix I gave to my brother when it ticked 412k. He still drives it in the winter, prolly at 425k now.

theAPAOps5
06-04-2009, 12:21 PM
LOL

Sorry bud. BS!

You do know he corrected himself to 275,000 miles right? I thought BS too but then saw he changed it.