PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the Nuggets winning this series!

rastaman
05-29-2009, 04:37 PM
The Nuggets have a real shot at winning the remaining 2 games, but they have got to change their plan of attack. First and foremost games 6 and 7, Denver must do the following in the first and second qtrs....to establish their low post execution and scoring.

Chauncey, Carmelo, and JR Smith are slashers and great passer's when it comes finding they're big men around the basket. All 3 have a scorer's mentality and can finish their drives to the basket. This way Gasol, Odom, and Bynum will be forced to focus on Defense and Denver good get the Laker big 3 into foul trouble early and on the bench during key stretches in the 1st and 2nd half.

Making the Lakers big 3 focus on defense and worry about foul trouble early will take away from them concentrating on Offense and by the 4th Qtr Denver could be shooting in the penalty early. Getting the Lakers big 3 in foul trouble increases the odds one or two of the Lakers 3 Big men may foul out! And of course should both games 6 and 7 go into overtime, the advantage goes to the Nuggets!

Of course the Nuggets as a team need to shoot 80-85% from the foul line and make they're free throws. Denver also needs to curtail shooting 3 pointers in the first half, and focus on medium range shoot selection. This may only result in 2 points, but they're higher percentage shots, and cuts down on the long rebounds caused by shooting too many 3's.

The time for the Nuggets to shoot the 3's are in the 4th Qtr to put the game out reach or to increase their lead. It does no good to go up by 10-20 points in the 1st and 2nd Qtr, when its obviously difficult to hold such a lead during the 3rd and 4th qtrs.....too much time left for a comeback by the Lakers.

OBF1
05-29-2009, 04:46 PM
its alot easier than that.... Score more points than the other team always = victory

Hotrod
05-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Get Kobe a whore and a hotel room???

The nuggets are a better team top-bottom. If their bigs control the glass they win period.

Hotrod
05-29-2009, 04:55 PM
The Nuggets have a real shot at winning the remaining 2 games, but they have got to change their plan of attack. First and foremost games 6 and 7, Denver must do the following in the first and second qtrs....to establish their low post execution and scoring.

Chauncey, Carmelo, and JR Smith are slashers and great passer's when it comes finding they're big men around the basket. All 3 have a scorer's mentality and can finish their drives to the basket. This way Gasol, Odom, and Bynum will be forced to focus on Defense and Denver good get the Laker big 3 into foul trouble early and on the bench during key stretches in the 1st and 2nd half.

Making the Lakers big 3 focus on defense and worry about foul trouble early will take away from them concentrating on Offense and by the 4th Qtr Denver could be shooting in the penalty early. Getting the Lakers big 3 in foul trouble increases the odds one or two of the Lakers 3 Big men may foul out! And of course should both games 6 and 7 go into overtime, the advantage goes to the Nuggets!

Of course the Nuggets as a team need to shoot 80-85% from the foul line and make they're free throws. Denver also needs to curtail shooting 3 pointers in the first half, and focus on medium range shoot selection. This may only result in 2 points, but they're higher percentage shots, and cuts down on the long rebounds caused by shooting too many 3's.

The time for the Nuggets to shoot the 3's are in the 4th Qtr to put the game out reach or to increase their lead. It does no good to go up by 10-20 points in the 1st and 2nd Qtr, when its obviously difficult to hold such a lead during the 3rd and 4th qtrs.....too much time left for a comeback by the Lakers.

Great post by the way

Punisher
05-29-2009, 05:09 PM

The nuggets are a better team top-bottom. If their bigs control the glass they win period.

:spit: Or maybe Pay that Crazy Fan from Happy Gilmore to sit next to the Lakers Bench

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6rdgdlUByas&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6rdgdlUByas&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

cutthemdown
05-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Kobe gets hurt. That is only hope.

Punisher
05-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Kobe gets hurt. That is only hope.

knock on wood

cutthemdown
05-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Great plan Rastaman. Make sure you don't get up by 20 points, or lakers might comeback.

You should be a coach.

cutthemdown
05-29-2009, 05:25 PM
knock on wood

yep. But seriously outside of that who really thinks Nuggets could take 2 in a row from Lakers. When was the last time Nuggets took 2 games in a row from the Lakers?

If Odom and Gasol help Kobe out even a little, and then if Fisher can play good again, Lakers win this game.

Maximus
05-29-2009, 05:46 PM

LOL from top to bottom ROFL!

For ****s and giggles lets make Kobe Bryant and Carmello Anthony even in terms of players. This leaves Pau Gasol versus who on the Nuggets... There is nobody on the nuggets that have the skill level of Gasol.... LOL

TheManeMan
05-29-2009, 06:06 PM

You forgot signing Jesus H. Christ. Ha!

I'm just kiddinggggggggggg. :poke:

Maximus
05-29-2009, 06:12 PM
You forgot signing Jesus H. Christ. Ha!

I'm just kiddinggggggggggg. :poke:

And Neo From the Matrix... Maybe he can bring the Key Maker back to life Ha!

rastaman
05-29-2009, 06:45 PM
yep. But seriously outside of that who really thinks Nuggets could take 2 in a row from Lakers. When was the last time Nuggets took 2 games in a row from the Lakers?

If Odom and Gasol help Kobe out even a little, and then if Fisher can play good again, Lakers win this game.

Those are good points, however, if Carmelo, Chauncy, and JR Smith, show up and score their respective 35, 22, 20-plus and Nene, Kmart, and Birdman play D, hit the boards and challenge shots the Nuggets can win this series. Question is, do Camelo and JR have the drive, perseverance and tenacity to play the last two games as if their lives depended upon it. We already know Chauncey knows how to step up.....he's got Championship experience.

footstepsfrom#27
05-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Unleash the fury of these guys:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iKktu3DVweo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iKktu3DVweo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

cutthemdown
05-29-2009, 07:01 PM
The Nuggets have proved to me the are a good team Rasta. I clowned them early but really I had not paid much attention to them. I kept expecting them to fall apart but they haven't.

I think though at this point Kobe still a bit better then Carmello. That could change over the next few yrs as kobe goes deeper into his 30's.

I think when you look at the supporting cast outside of those 2 the Lakers just have too much size that can score. Bynum, Gasol, Odom just better then Birdman, Nene, Martin.

I do think Chauncey better then what Lakers have at that spot so IMO for Nuggets to pull it off Chauncey will need to hit 50% and score about 20 or more.

Doggcow
05-29-2009, 07:25 PM
JR and Billups keep this up and we're fine!

bronco militia
05-29-2009, 09:47 PM
a better DA in Eagle County

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-29-2009, 10:15 PM
a better DA in Eagle County

Or a smarter white trash bimbo who knows better than to do two other guys the same day she tries to cash in on a "rape" charge.

lazarus4444
05-29-2009, 10:17 PM
Well she got hers and I don't blame her.

bronco militia
05-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Or a smarter white trash bimbo .

let me know when you find ONE of those...

crooked DA's are a dime a dozen Ha!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-29-2009, 10:19 PM
let me know when you find ONE of those...

I'll be sure to refer her straight to George Karl's office. Ha!

bronco militia
05-29-2009, 10:22 PM
I'll be sure to refer her straight to George Karl's office. Ha!

George! it's a trap!