PDA

View Full Version : Saw Drag Me to Hell last night...

OCBronco
05-29-2009, 11:58 AM
If you like horror movies, check this one out. Especially if you liked the Evil Dead series.

The movie was loads of fun. Kind of like a cross between The Exorcist and the first Evil Dead movie. Or, think of it this way, Exorcist: The Thrill Ride.

If you check it out, be sure to see it at a theater with a good sound system. The sound design in the film was really awesome.

Punisher
05-29-2009, 12:15 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810029193/critic
It has Good Reviews I might buy the DVD besides going to the Movies to Watch it.Plus I'm a Big fan of the Evil Dead Series.

SoDak Bronco
05-29-2009, 12:25 PM
i hate those previews..lol I am downstairs watching NBA basketball at 11:30 and that comes on. geez, not really into seeing the old lady turned down for a loan going satanic

Miss I.
05-29-2009, 12:27 PM
It has Good Reviews I might buy the DVD besides going to the Movies to Watch it.Plus I'm a Big fan of the Evil Dead Series.

I love Evil Dead. the 2nd is my favorite I think. This movie just came out here in England...I was wondering about it, perhaps this weekend I will go see it. thanks.

OCBronco
05-29-2009, 12:27 PM

If you're a fan of the series, you won't be disappointed. There are only two big differences here: 1) Raimi has a bigger budget, so the effects are better. 2) It somehow got a PG-13 rating. And honestly, I don't see how films like this can get a PG-13, but whatever. (I mean, if this gets a PG-13, and Slumdog Millionaire gets an R, then the rating system really is arbitrary.) This latter point shouldn't dissuade anyone from seeing it, though, since the main way to get an R these is to put a lot of blood in your film... but if you put buckets of other gross fluids in the film... well, you get the idea.

After thinking about it for awhile, though, I'm betting that Raimi purposely tried for the PG-13 in order to flash a big middle finger to all these crappy PG-13 horror flicks that have come out in recent years. Kind of like saying "I can tie one hand behind my back (no one gets decapitated with a chainsaw) and still kick all your a**es."

Northman
05-29-2009, 12:49 PM
I love Evil Dead but this movie looks so Cliche. Im skeptical.

slyinky
05-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Not my type of horror film, so probably won't see it. That being said, for a horror film, I can't believe how good the reviews are. It is at 95% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, which is very high regardless of genre. So, I guess if it is your type of horror film, you should definitely check it out.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/drag_me_to_hell/

Hotrod
05-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Are there any boob shots???

Spider
05-29-2009, 01:27 PM
I have never liked horror flicks .........the only horror show that shook me up pretty bad was exit to eden ... Seeing Rosie in a leather out fit scared me mentally ............

Hotrod
05-29-2009, 01:29 PM
I have never liked horror flicks .........the only horror show that shook me up pretty bad was exit to eden ... Seeing Rosie in a leather out fit scared me mentally ............

Wonder what the over/under is on how many cows had to die for that cow to wear a leather outfit

Spider
05-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Wonder what the over/under is on how many cows had to die for that cow to wear a leather outfit

LOL ... i couldnt even begin to guess

Northman
05-29-2009, 01:46 PM

Cows? Dont you mean Elephants?

Hotrod
05-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Cows? Dont you mean Elephants?

What is really bad is if I remember correctly it was a red leather outfit???

**** it is burned into my brain :nono:

Miss I.
05-29-2009, 01:51 PM
LOL ... i couldnt even begin to guess

So does this mean there is someone you wouldn't hit?

Spider
05-29-2009, 02:00 PM
So does this mean there is someone you wouldn't hit?

no I would ........... ;D

Northman
05-29-2009, 02:05 PM
What is really bad is if I remember correctly it was a red leather outfit???

**** it is burned into my brain :nono:

Yea, i dont know. I couldnt get passed Dana Delaney. Mmmmmmmm