PDA

View Full Version : Marshall holding out?

Memento
05-29-2009, 12:39 AM
'Cause what we need is more draaaama.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12474188
Is Marshall out to prove point?
Star WR is missing during the Broncos' voluntary passing camp.
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 05/29/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall, who averaged 103 catches and 1,295 receiving yards the past two years, is seeking a new contract from the Broncos. (Joe Amon, The Denver Post)

Brandon Marshall is an unofficial holdout.

The Broncos' star receiver is hoping to force the team to restructure his contract by moving his rehabilitation away from its Dove Valley headquarters this week while the rest of team is practicing at passing camp.

...(more at the link above)...

BroncoMan4ever
05-29-2009, 12:43 AM
he probably just doesn't want Greek anywhere near him while he is rehabbing.

telluride
05-29-2009, 12:44 AM
This is totally going to get blown out of proportion.

24champ
05-29-2009, 01:02 AM
Trade his ass to Chicago......

DBroncos4life
05-29-2009, 01:18 AM
Whats the worst that could happen they trade him to a nfl team

Dark Helmet
05-29-2009, 01:37 AM
I'm willing to bet he wants to be re-united with his Butt-lover, Cutler. I can't believe he had the nerve to deliver a request for a pay increase. Dude has been in trouble with the law about 100 times and just had freaking hip surgery. Prove that you can come back from the injury and stay out of trouble until your contract is up. I'm sure they'll give him a nice juicy contract if that happens.

Blueflame
05-29-2009, 01:38 AM
Didn't he just undergo hip surgery? ???

Atwater His Ass
05-29-2009, 01:47 AM
Whats the worst that could happen they trade him to a nfl team

...and then we piss away the draft picks.

ZONA
05-29-2009, 01:51 AM
Marshall I have mixed feelings about. The dude is a stud and a true weapon in the passing game. He's big, strong and can make all the catches. If he didn't have crap for brains off the field, he would already have a larger contract. Part of me says we must keep him, but another part of me says that is very risky based on his troubles off the field. Anybody heard if he is going to be suspended at all?

If we do end up getting rid of him based on his troubled life outside of football, I would like to see us go after Bolden.

OBF1
05-29-2009, 02:00 AM

By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall, who averaged 103 catches and 1,295 receiving yards the past two years, is seeking a new contract from the Broncos. (Joe Amon, The Denver Post)

The Broncos' star receiver is hoping to force the team to restructure his contract by moving his rehabilitation away from its Dove Valley headquarters this week while the rest of team is practicing at passing camp.

Enough said

WABronco
05-29-2009, 02:23 AM
OH THE HUMANITY.

The Cutler butt buddies who have showed up already.../AIR HIGH FIVE. You guys are the best!

WABronco
05-29-2009, 02:25 AM
I'm willing to bet he wants to be re-united with his Butt-lover, Cutler. I can't believe he had the nerve to deliver a request for a pay increase. Dude has been in trouble with the law about 100 times and just had freaking hip surgery. Prove that you can come back from the injury and stay out of trouble until your contract is up. I'm sure they'll give him a nice juicy contract if that happens.

You think it's an abnormality? Hardly.

GreatBronco16
05-29-2009, 02:39 AM

How does this guy know this? Did Brandon tell him this? If so, you would think he had an actual quote from him on this.

Also, didn't Brandon just come out and blast the medical staff for not evaluating his injury correctly?

Atwater His Ass
05-29-2009, 03:22 AM
I can't believe he had the nerve to deliver a request for a pay increase.

Are you new to watching the NFL? Guys that produce want to get paid. Novelty huh?

CSU Husker
05-29-2009, 03:40 AM
Are you new to watching the NFL? Guys that produce want to get paid. Novelty huh?

A Pro-Bowler none the less. The audacity of this guy to want to stick around town and be paid what he is worth.

Atwater His Ass
05-29-2009, 04:02 AM
A Pro-Bowler none the less. The audacity of this guy to want to stick around town and be paid what he is worth.

We should trade him.

montrose
05-29-2009, 04:04 AM

CSU, not meaning to pick on you but as a point of reference for the board, can we please stop using the Pro Bowl as an identifier for who is a great player (and yes I do think Marshall is a great player this is more in reference for the constant besmeerching of dealing a "Pro Bowl QB"). Here are some other recent Pro Bowl QB's:

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2008/writers/don_banks/02/29/fa.snaps/t1-anderson2.jpg http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0a9pfub2O88c1/340x.jpg http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0n_5_PyvWXM/SYo0i0XSSQI/AAAAAAAAHv8/hTaW0cC_I9w/s400/1.jpg

Atwater His Ass
05-29-2009, 04:08 AM
I could just as easily post pics of Brady and Manning. What does that mean? Not a lot.

However I see through the thinley veiled stab at Cutler here.

People use the Pro Bowl when it suits their argument, and bash it when it doesn't. Just like about everything else around here.

montrose
05-29-2009, 04:17 AM
I could just as easily post pics of Brady and Manning. What does that mean? Not a lot.

People use the Pro Bowl when it suits their argument, and bash it when it doesn't. Just like about everything else around here.

It's not so much of a stab at Cutler, just that I find it annoying people use the Pro Bowl as a reference for what makes a good player when in reality it's a popularity contest. Rivers deserved to go over Cutler but Cutler deserved to go over Favre, it's just the way things work but I'd bet you can't find an NFL exec out there who wouldn't take Rivers over either of the other two right now. Same goes at LT where the fact Ryan Clady sat at home and watched Jason Peters turns my stomach.

Call it a pet peeve, I just hate the Pro Bowl. Hate how the game is (not) played, how the voting is a tribute to the players ESPN slurp and hate that it's somehow indiciative of who is a great player. I'm doubting Browns fans will go off if the team trades their Pro Bowl QB Derek Anderson. Okay, I'm done now.

Drek
05-29-2009, 04:25 AM

Isn't that basically agreeing with what Montrose said?

Yeah, you can throw up a lot of really great players who consistently go to the pro-bowl. But you can throw up an equal number, if not more, of one year wonders who made a single appearance and never did anything noteworthy again.

I don't see how its a veiled stab at Cutler, someone is trying to justify Marshall holding out (if he actually is) based on a single pro-bowl appearance despite frequent run ins with the law that already caused one suspension and just coming off significant hip surgery. Not exactly the best time to be asking for a new deal, even if he was coming off the best WR season of all time.

footstepsfrom#27
05-29-2009, 04:29 AM
What's he making now?
When's his contract expire?
Did he himself, actually say this?

Broncoman13
05-29-2009, 04:35 AM
BMarsh isn't holding out... he is however about to get some serious coin. Personally, I'm kind of happy we are doing it right now rather than next year. Right now we don't have to face an uncapped year and he is coming off of injury and off-field trouble. Sign him now and you can get him for 6 years and $40m with $12-15 guaranteed. Wait till next year and you're looking at 6 years $60m with $25+ guaranteed. The only way we could keep him is with a franchise tag and even that is worth about $8m per season... This is a good thing that we sign him long-term now.

BabyTO
05-29-2009, 04:41 AM
I love how his attorney even makes perfectly clear it's not a holdout, yet the Denver Post still says otherwise. Great journalism.

CSU Husker
05-29-2009, 05:19 AM
CSU, not meaning to pick on you but as a point of reference for the board, can we please stop using the Pro Bowl as an identifier for who is a great player (and yes I do think Marshall is a great player this is more in reference for the constant besmeerching of dealing a "Pro Bowl QB"). Here are some other recent Pro Bowl QB's:

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2008/writers/don_banks/02/29/fa.snaps/t1-anderson2.jpg http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0a9pfub2O88c1/340x.jpg http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0n_5_PyvWXM/SYo0i0XSSQI/AAAAAAAAHv8/hTaW0cC_I9w/s400/1.jpg

Fair enough, please substitute "Bad Mother Effer" for "Pro-Bowler" :pimp:

Premier-Ace55
05-29-2009, 05:21 AM
BMarsh isn't holding out... he is however about to get some serious coin. Personally, I'm kind of happy we are doing it right now rather than next year. Right now we don't have to face an uncapped year and he is coming off of injury and off-field trouble. Sign him now and you can get him for 6 years and $40m with $12-15 guaranteed. Wait till next year and you're looking at 6 years $60m with $25+ guaranteed. The only way we could keep him is with a franchise tag and even that is worth about $8m per season... This is a good thing that we sign him long-term now.

I would agree but it's like he cannot avoid the police under any situation i mean this last one just had me scratching my head Marshalls good but this is a huge risk because he's not good to anybody if he suspended for 16 games next year or the year after for starring in another episode of "Cops"

Atwater His Ass
05-29-2009, 05:45 AM
I don't see how its a veiled stab at Cutler

by posting pics of QB's in a WR thread...hmmm.....rocket science....

oh and i don't know, maybe this remark:

this is more in reference for the constant besmeerching of dealing a "Pro Bowl QB").

I don't you, you figure it out inspector gadget.

Broncoman13
05-29-2009, 05:55 AM
I would agree but it's like he cannot avoid the police under any situation i mean this last one just had me scratching my head Marshalls good but this is a huge risk because he's not good to anybody if he suspended for 16 games next year or the year after for starring in another episode of "Cops"

Albert Haynesworth is pretty much on the opposite end of the saint spectrum and he just got signed to a HUGE $$$ deal. If not the Broncos, SOMEBODY ELSE will sign BMarsh to a huge money deal. Think about it this way, Jay Cutler is lobbying for Plaxico Burress. You think he may want BMarsh in Chicago?

Dedhed
05-29-2009, 05:55 AM
What is he worth during the games he's sitting on the bench serving suspensions?

bpc
05-29-2009, 06:49 AM
Ha. Off-season from hell continues.

I don't really blame Marshall for wanting more money. With two small armed QB's coming into camp, his stats could take a huge dive essentially killing whatever value he has left as a player.

kamakazi_kal
05-29-2009, 06:56 AM
"Hmmmmm we could use another RB"

Beantown Bronco
05-29-2009, 06:59 AM
Because of the uncapped year and the new CBA situation, he can't become a FA for another 3 years (more if they franchise him). I'd at least make sure he can stay clean for 1 year before I even think about extending him.

tsiguy96
05-29-2009, 07:03 AM
hes had consecutive seasons with 100 catches while playing on a 4th round contract, id say he easily deserves a new contract.

Dagmar
05-29-2009, 07:09 AM
This is totally going to get blown out of proportion.

2 posts later...

http://www.facepalm.org/img.php

Spider
05-29-2009, 07:12 AM
2 posts later...

http://www.facepalm.org/img.php

LOL............

fdf
05-29-2009, 07:47 AM

I have really mixed feelings about this. In some ways, he's everything a team wants in a receiver. Very gifted. But I'd really like to see one incident free season before we commit to a big contract. Also, it would be nice to know if he can regain his pre-arm-slicing, pre-hip-injury form before we commit to a bunch of money.

Big bucks for this guy is big risk.

vancejohnson82
05-29-2009, 07:56 AM
its all about risk vs. reward....

as much as i like Marshall and what he brings to the team, the question is whether we can live without him (and the money he is goign to require)

if he walks next year or whatever, we fill some more holes on both sides of the ball...

i know everyone hates to hear it but thats what the winning organizations do

randomtask
05-29-2009, 07:56 AM
This is just the local media trying to manufacture a story. I can't really blame them, there's been nothing but fluff for months now.

Still, this does raise the issue of getting Marshall a new contract. It needs to happen as quickly as possible. He's won games for us that we would've lost had we not had him on the field.

bronco militia
05-29-2009, 07:59 AM
This is just the local media trying to manufacture a story. I can't really blame them, there's been nothing but fluff for months now.

yeah, this offseason has been a dud.....wake me up in august

:giggle:

Gcver2ver3
05-29-2009, 08:00 AM
offer him a big contract with clauses that protect us if he gets arrested and/or suspended...if suspended he pays a heck of a lot back to us...

if he won't accept those terms tell him to kick rocks...

randomtask
05-29-2009, 08:11 AM

Err, i mean, umm...

Since all the cutler stuff died down, yeah that's it.

Randomtask = :dummy:

broncofan7
05-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Because of the uncapped year and the new CBA situation, he can't become a FA for another 3 years (more if they franchise him). I'd at least make sure he can stay clean for 1 year before I even think about extending him.

Great minds think alike!

Pick Six
05-29-2009, 08:12 AM
We have a recent test case in Javon Walker. This is a guy who has been in legal trouble AND is considered "damaged goods". Marshall needs to prove that he'll stay out of trouble and successfully return from hip surgery. The Broncos should pay him if he has a great season this year. Doing anything else would be irresponsible...

SonOfLe-loLang
05-29-2009, 08:34 AM
Yeah, this is a severely underreported story, but i can't blame Marshall for wanting more money. Football is a game where your career can easily end on one play and teams, 99.9 percent of the time, don't give you big contracts for work already done.

I'd tend to think he's not getting suspended since the league hasn't acted yet and that would be unfair to the broncos to go through the entire FA period/draft without knowing.

I'd personally rather take my chances with Brandon than letting him run free. I'd pay him and you'd probably get him at a discounted rate now over next year (especially if he has another great season).

SonOfLe-loLang
05-29-2009, 08:35 AM

Isnt he an RFA next season?

Hogan11
05-29-2009, 08:37 AM
We have a recent test case in Javon Walker. This is a guy who has been in legal trouble AND is considered "damaged goods". Marshall needs to prove that he'll stay out of trouble and successfully return from hip surgery. The Broncos should pay him if he has a great season this year. Doing anything else would be irresponsible...

Isn't irresponsibility the Broncos MO when it comes to these guys?

Hotrod
05-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Trevor Price............

pay the ****ing man

Beantown Bronco
05-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Isnt he an RFA next season?

Yes, but in essence the Broncos can still keep him cheaply through 2010 even with the highest tender offer (which would get them a 1st and 3rd back if they don't match whatever offer he gets on the open market).

Right now, here's all they'd have to pay:

The player's original team maintains the Right of First Refusal and First Round Draft Selection and Third Round Draft Selection (both from the team with which he signs) if the team tenders an offer of one year at $2.792 million OR at least 110% of the player's prior year’s salary -- whichever is greater.

That's chump change. More than enough leverage for the team while negotiating a longer contract after this season, if he does well both on and off the field.

bronco militia
05-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Err, i mean, umm...

Since all the cutler stuff died down, yeah that's it.

Randomtask = :dummy:

no problem....I thought maybe you were being sarcastic.

for me, I'm afraid to open the sports section. where there's smoke, there's fire.

24champ
05-29-2009, 08:50 AM

Wonder if Pat could even afford a new contract.

Memento
05-29-2009, 08:57 AM
There also is the matter of Marshall's ongoing legal trouble that could draw a second NFL suspension in two years. ESPN's "Outside The Lines" will air a story Sunday that rehashes Marshall's past troubles with former girlfriend Rasheeda Watley.

The Broncos and Marshall did not cooperate with ESPN, saying it was a year-old story. What's new about the "OTL" report is Watley grants her first interview since the incidents.

I think this will be like watching a car crash... view it with one eye covered.

bronco militia
05-29-2009, 09:06 AM
The Broncos and Marshall did not cooperate with ESPN

what?!?!?!? how dare they!!!

LOL!

Hotrod
05-29-2009, 09:13 AM
The Broncos and Marshall did not cooperate with ESPN

what?!?!?!? how dare they!!!

LOL!

That was awesome Ha!

Tombstone RJ
05-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Trevor Price............

pay the ****ing man

The Broncos did pay TP. In fact, they made him the highest paid DT in the league.

Tombstone RJ
05-29-2009, 09:31 AM
The thing about BMarsh is that he is a smart guy. Sure, he's done some boneheaded things off the field but all of those involved women. And, what man here can honestly say that a woman has not pulled your strings or yanked your chain a time or two?

The guy has the physical ability of a super star WR and the brains to play for a long, long time and be very productive.

If I were the Broncos, I'd open up the lines of communication with his agent and not stone wall him. At the very least, the Broncos should be willing to listen to what Bmarsh is saying. Fact is, if McX has a brain at all, they might want to lock BMarsh up before 2010, even with his possible suspension.

BMarsh reminds me a lot of a young Chris Carter who the Iggles gave up on waaaaaay too soon. The Broncos just have to try and help him mature on and off the field. If McX has a brain, they will do this and not let him hold out or trade him or let him walk.

Hotrod
05-29-2009, 09:38 AM
The Broncos did pay TP. In fact, they made him the highest paid DT in the league.

Maybe a bad example but the point was you lose a great talent and the unit is set back for a period of time.

cabronco
05-29-2009, 09:41 AM

I don't really blame Marshall for wanting more money. With two small armed QB's coming into camp, his stats could take a huge dive essentially killing whatever value he has left as a player.

On the bright side , maybe Marshall will actually catch footballs that arent thrown 60 mph at 15 yard distances. Give his messed up hand a chance to grab the ball. I remember alot of frustration w/ Marshall when JC was trying to throw the long balls over & over again just to sail out of bounds. I think more players will be involved in the offensive scheme, so he probably wont see as many balls thrown his way, but when it does come his way, I dont anticipate balls being thrown in double/ triple/ quadruple teamed. If so, the other QB's going to step in.

montrose
05-29-2009, 09:42 AM
Fair enough, please substitute "Bad Mother Effer" for "Pro-Bowler" :pimp:

This I will most certainly do as I love me some B-Marsh although I'd prefer to get the 2007 pre-hand injury version!

Kaylore
05-29-2009, 09:47 AM
This thread is a good example of what happens when people who don't read the original post and just post based on the thread title.

Hotrod
05-29-2009, 09:50 AM
This thread is a good example of what happens when people who don't read the original post and just post based on the thread title.

Yes and No

Remember it is May 29th there is nothing much to talk about......sans milk and home depot

Hercules Rockefeller
05-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Oh noes!!! An injured player who couldn't practice anyway didn't show up to a voluntary camp!!! Said player wants (and deserves) a new contract, he must be "unofficially" holding out!!!

I hate you Brandon Marshall!!!

bronco militia
05-29-2009, 09:52 AM

of course this thread is not on par with the rest of this offseason.

Ha!

Hercules Rockefeller
05-29-2009, 09:53 AM

Marshall's not a deep threat, he doesn't have the speed. He's a YAC guy.

bronco militia
05-29-2009, 09:54 AM
http://verdoux.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/pay-no-attention-to-the-man-behind-the-curtain.jpg

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain....all is well in Donkland!

Tombstone RJ
05-29-2009, 10:04 AM
The Broncos and Marshall did not cooperate with ESPN, saying it was a year-old story. What's new about the "OTL" report is Watley grants her first interview since the incidents.

"This comes on the heels of his engagement to another woman," Steinberg said. "We advised ESPN that we had considerable documentation as proof that refutes the allegations. We were told we would have the opportunity to present those live, on camera, and they reneged on their offer."

Marshall has been involved in 13 police-related transgressions since Oct. 31, 2004, when he was arrested on a variety of charges during his junior year at Central Florida, until March 1, when he was arrested on disorderly conduct after an argument with his fiancee Michi Nogami, who also was charged. Charges against both Marshall and Nogami were dismissed the next day.

"OTL" focuses on the domestic violence incidents involving Marshall and Watley. In the story, Watley said she is going forward with charges against Marshall on misdemeanor battery from a March 6, 2008, arrest in Atlanta because, "I feel like somebody has to stand up and stop him from doing this because the Broncos haven't done it, the NFL hasn't done it, the Atlanta police department hasn't done it."

The repeated incidents with Watley led NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to suspend Marshall for one game and fine him for two games last season. As for Marshall's most recent incident involving Nogami, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said by text the matter is "still pending."

This Watley chick is a real peach. She basically says that the Broncos, the NFL and the Atlanta Police have not punished BMarsh enough so she's gonna go public with her side of the story even though BMarsh's attorney has stated that there is plenty of documentation to refute the allegations.

In other words, she's a gold digger.

ESPN is such a freaking joke. I don't know why anyone takes their shows seriously. I've only watched one or two episodes of OTLs and I was unimpressed.

ESPN has their name correct, that for sure Entertainment and sports programming network.

epicSocialism4tw
05-29-2009, 10:10 AM
This franchise is a joke.

Hotrod
05-29-2009, 10:13 AM

Speaking of jokes the Mavs looked the part Ha!

Hotrod
05-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Again Ha!

HEAV
05-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Technically, the passing camp is voluntary. Only the June 12-14 minicamp is considered mandatory.

Again...just for those few ****tards on here that drop their panties and run around in circles screaming fire,fire,fire.

HEAV
05-29-2009, 10:17 AM

There are 31 other teams you could be a fan of...a couple in Texas.

bronco militia
05-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Technically, the passing camp is voluntary. Only the June 12-14 minicamp is considered mandatory.

Again...just for those few ****tards on here that drop their panties and run around in circles screaming fire,fire,fire.

my bad...what was I thinking......

oh yeah!

"We are not trying to trade Jay Cutler. We will not trade Jay Cutler. He's a Pro Bowl Quarterback." He went on to say, "you can ask Josh McDaniels, and he'll tell you the same thing." Miller did approach McDaniels, who said he was not going to answer any questions. However, Cutler confirmed to CBS4 that he is aware that trade talks have taken place.

epicSocialism4tw
05-29-2009, 10:23 AM
There are 31 other teams you could be a fan of...a couple in Texas.

Wow.

Its the good old "you dont agree with all of the Bronco sheep fans being led around like a bunch of bleating idiots...then you must not be a fan...go find another team" post.

Creative. ::)

You are contributing to the further "Dolphan-ization" of the conversation of this board. Congrats.

You are McD's jockstrap. Does it feel snug up against his unit? Do you like the view from there?

TheReverend
05-29-2009, 10:24 AM

# of those guys that were voted into the pro bowl:

zero

Anderson replaced Brady
Young replaced Rivers
Collins replaced Favre

worm
05-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Oh noes!!! An injured player who couldn't practice anyway didn't show up to a voluntary camp!!! Said player wants (and deserves) a new contract, he must be "unofficially" holding out!!!

I hate you Brandon Marshall!!!

Screw You.

Last time you worked me into a frenzy, I waited in the parking lot for hours with my pitchfork and torch and ya'll never showed.

HEAV
05-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Wow.

Its the good old "you dont agree with all of the Bronco sheep fans being led around like a bunch of bleating idiots...then you must not be a fan...go find another team" post.

Creative. ::)

You are contributing to the further "Dolphan-ization" of the conversation of this board. Congrats.

You are McD's jockstrap. Does it feel snug up against his unit? Do you like the view from there?

Really... and what do you and the other asshat McDaniel name calling ****heads contribute to the board?

You a ****tard. You and your crew just fill every ****ing thread with a McDaniels shot.

Also seems you are a fan of the Dolphins since you hang out on it's message board:welcome:

Again this thread is/was about a player skipping voluntary camp. He's looking for secured dollars in an uncertain future. Just like Thomas Jones, Anquan Bolden and I'm sure a few more players will play this card.

It's got nothing to do with the Franchise. The player has a contract and the team doesn't have to give him more money. With his track record he will screw up and be in trouble anyway. So the team (McDaniels) is playing it safe and going to let the kid decide his future.

But ya I forgot Shanny never had any holdouts... If Shanny was still in charge would this be his fault that Brandon is looking for a check?

Again your are too busy blaming McDaniels for any and everything. Your toilet backs up and you blame McDaniels.

epicSocialism4tw
05-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Really... and what do you and the other asshat McDaniel name calling ****heads contribute to the board?

You a ****tard. You and your crew just fill every ****ing thread with a McDaniels shot.

Also seems you are a fan of the Dolphins since you hang out on it's message board:welcome:

Again this thread is/was about a player skipping voluntary camp. He's looking for secured dollars in an uncertain future. Just like Thomas Jones, Anquan Bolden and I'm sure a few more players will play this card.

It's got nothing to do with the Franchise. The player has a contract and the team doesn't have to give him more money. With his track record he will screw up and be in trouble anyway. So the team (McDaniels) is playing it safe and going to let the kid decide his future.

But ya I forgot Shanny never had any holdouts... If Shanny was still in charge would this be his fault that Brandon is looking for a check?

Again your are too busy blaming McDaniels for any and everything. Your toilet backs up and you blame McDaniels.

Ah...a snug fit. You may be McD's favorite scrote-coddler.

Kaylore
05-29-2009, 10:53 AM

Way to answer the question, Drama llama. If it is a hold out, which has been denied by both him and his agent and he wasn't supposed to be ready to go until camp anyway, how would Marshall be behaving differently if Shanahan and Cutler were still here?

Answer: the same way.

HEAV
05-29-2009, 10:54 AM

Wow great response...

epicSocialism4tw
05-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Wow great response...

Get in line, chump.

http://gabesguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/sheep.jpg

HEAV
05-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Way to answer the question, Drama llama. If it is a hold out, which has been denied by both him and his agent and he wasn't supposed to be ready to go until camp anyway, how would Marshall be behaving differently if Shanahan and Cutler were still here?

Answer: the same way.

Lam can change his name all he wants. He's still the same douche-bag.ROFL!

TheReverend
05-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Nice to see this conversation hasn't devolved.

montrose
05-29-2009, 11:17 AM
# of those guys that were voted into the pro bowl:

zero

Anderson replaced Brady
Young replaced Rivers
Collins replaced Favre

I believe Jason Peters was voted in over Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris. John Lynch was voted in three of his four years in Denver. I'm sure we could go through every Pro Bowl roster and find WTF players. That's why it's a horrible indicator of whose a great player. It's a great indicator of whose popular, in my opinion.

ghwk
05-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Klis is a putz but he was successful in igniting a civil war in this thread. I wonder if he's French?

Rock Chalk
05-29-2009, 11:18 AM

Man I dont think anyone even read that article.

His agent specifically stated that he was "not holding out". So he isnt at the passing camps, on a bum hip.

If he doesnt show up for mandatory minicamp then I will start to get a bit frustrated but right now this is so ridiculous.

Im with you on paying him now rather than later. Its a risk, but there is risk involved with every NFL player contract so for me its a wash. We know he is a stud, what we dont know is if he can come back from injury and stay out of trouble. Still, Id take that stud over most other receivers in the NFL right now.

meangene
05-29-2009, 11:45 AM
I think I recall reading earlier that Marshall and his agent were told he would not be getting a new deal before this season. That was right after the story on the latest arrest broke. I have never read that he, or his agent, had an issue with that. Sure, he would like a new deal. And, sure, his play warrants a big pay increase. But, he is coming off a season where he was just suspended and his recent arrest is still under review by the NFL. His hand was not completely healed last season and he is coming off hip surgery. We would be idiots to give him a new deal now. He needs a year to prove he is healthy and can stay completely out of trouble before we give him a meg-bucks deal. I think B-Marsh and his agent both get that. I would rather trade for and pay Bolden before Marshall right now if it comes to that. I just don't see it coming to that.

BroncosinDC
05-29-2009, 11:54 AM
So is the sky falling or not?

TheReverend
05-29-2009, 12:10 PM
I believe Jason Peters was voted in over Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris. John Lynch was voted in three of his four years in Denver. I'm sure we could go through every Pro Bowl roster and find WTF players. That's why it's a horrible indicator of whose a great player. It's a great indicator of whose popular, in my opinion.

That's a much better use of examples. Probably 90+% of the time the guys go deserve to go.

Punisher
05-29-2009, 12:12 PM
If anything trade him for Boldin :)

NFLBRONCO
05-29-2009, 12:29 PM

QFT I agree

Gcver2ver3
05-29-2009, 01:15 PM
QFT I agree

agree with what?...that only a strong armed QB can get the ball to Marshall?..

his value won't diminish so as long as he works hard, stays focused, and does what he's capable of doing...

cmhargrove
05-29-2009, 02:05 PM
ESPN "Outside the Lines" piece with Marshall's ex.

<object width="440" height="361">
<param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=4212011"/>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/>
<embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=4212011" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" width="440" height="361"></embed>
</object>

Hogan11
05-29-2009, 02:56 PM

<param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=4212011"/>
<embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=4212011" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" width="440" height="361"></embed>
</object>

Further confirmation that chemically imbalanced women should be avoided at all costs.

maher_tyler
05-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Who cares, we have Royal, who will become a better reciever on and off the field, IF for any reason things go they way they did with JC. Until he comes back from this surgery and can stop dropping balls..then he can have a pay raise!! BUT, until then, STFU Marsh!!

footstepsfrom#27
05-29-2009, 04:31 PM
Disturbing allegations if they prove to be true. The article says the issue is still pending with the league. I wonder what the hold up is?

Bob's your Information Minister
05-29-2009, 04:31 PM
Schadenfreude.

elsid13
05-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Disturbing allegations if they prove to be true. The article says the issue is still pending with the league. I wonder what the hold up is?

All those allegation are over year old and legal system has found him not guilty. There is more to this story then potential abuse.

footstepsfrom#27
05-29-2009, 05:24 PM
All those allegation are over year old and legal system has found him not guilty. There is more to this story then potential abuse.
So why is ESPN doing this now?

WABronco
05-29-2009, 05:34 PM

CUZ THEY REAL REPORTERS DAWG. Haven't you seen E60?

Chick seems like a real winner, but so does B-Marsh, at times. Too much win for a relationship to handle, seems like.

elsid13
05-29-2009, 05:36 PM

Who knows? Most likely they see a chance to get cheap ratings.

frerottenextelway
05-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Man I dont think anyone even read that article.

His agent specifically stated that he was "not holding out". So he isnt at the passing camps, on a bum hip.

If he doesnt show up for mandatory minicamp then I will start to get a bit frustrated but right now this is so ridiculous.

Im with you on paying him now rather than later. Its a risk, but there is risk involved with every NFL player contract so for me its a wash. We know he is a stud, what we dont know is if he can come back from injury and stay out of trouble. Still, Id take that stud over most other receivers in the NFL right now.

So, voluntary camps are voluntary and mandatory camps are mandatory? Welcome to the club a few months late.

rastaman
05-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Trade his ass to Chicago......

Hell yeah! Marshall doesn't want to spend the entire 2009 season trying to catch Orton's filmsy passes.

maher_tyler
05-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Not gonna lie, i didn't read the article...:giggle:

TD30
05-29-2009, 08:41 PM

sh#$ wake me up in January

Atlas
05-29-2009, 10:34 PM

By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

They should trade him to Chicago for a 2nd round pick.

rastaman
05-30-2009, 08:48 AM
Marshall I have mixed feelings about. The dude is a stud and a true weapon in the passing game. He's big, strong and can make all the catches. If he didn't have crap for brains off the field, he would already have a larger contract. Part of me says we must keep him, but another part of me says that is very risky based on his troubles off the field. Anybody heard if he is going to be suspended at all?

If we do end up getting rid of him based on his troubled life outside of football, I would like to see us go after Bolden.

Hell trade him now! The Bears could use some WRs. I have total blind faith McD will find a replacement for Brandon next year in the draft in round 4 with just as much talent! Besides, Brandon was drafted by Shanhan which means NFL (Not For Long) in McD's eyes. McD is probably laughing to himself.....b/c Brandon is making it easier now to justify getting rid of a non McD type player!!!!:rofl:

rastaman
05-30-2009, 08:53 AM
They should trade him to Chicago for a 2nd round pick.

Nah....given his off the field problems, recent injuries to cutting his arm, hip surgery and his obvious me first personality, no team will give us 2nd round pick. And we haven't even begun to talk about how pissed Marshall will be with having to catch weak wobbly passes from Orton this season.

Lets get ready for DRAMA II. After all, Marshall has "LEVERAGE" in terms of talent and youth on his side!!!! Here we go folks.....let the Marshall---McDaniel circus begin.LOL

AZBroncomaniac
05-30-2009, 09:43 AM

</object>

She gave her statement three days after the fact, over the phone????

"And he was like, and I was like, and then he was all crazy, and I was like......." Her clear, detailed, and truly honest testimony has me completely convinced. I was moved to tears.

bronco militia
06-12-2009, 07:50 AM
well?

bronco militia
06-12-2009, 11:08 AM
this all Mike Kliss's fault!

bronco militia
06-12-2009, 11:12 AM
http://verdoux.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/pay-no-attention-to-the-man-behind-the-curtain.jpg

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain....all is well in Donkland!

what a clown!