PDA

View Full Version : Great news about Crazyhorse! He is awake and breathing on his own after his surgery!

bronco0608
05-28-2009, 08:48 PM
This great piece of news has gotten lost in his thread.

Chieflorgi (the guy that knows him) said:

Well Crazyhorse is awake. All still seems to be going good. They have removed the ventilator and he is breathing on his own.
Sure is some of the best news I have heard in decades. It is a pleasure to pass it on to you guys!

Man, from certain death to this? Simply amazing.

Go CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!

bpc
05-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Awesome. Rally time. ;)

Spider
05-28-2009, 08:55 PM
sweet

jsco70
05-28-2009, 08:56 PM
That is great news!

Los Broncos
05-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Good to hear, hang tough man.

TDmvp
05-28-2009, 09:00 PM
Great news ... Keep us updated ...

and if magically i was a mod or something I would sticky this thread ... Hint hint to the ones that help me out sometimes.

<div><object width="420" height="339"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x93d85" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x93d85" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="339" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x93d85">Prince Lets Go Crazy / Purple Rain tour 1985</a></b><br /><i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/Recoda321">Recoda321</a></i></div>

Popps
05-28-2009, 10:07 PM
I wonder if we could send cards or something? Even if he can't appreciate them just yet, the family may.

worm
05-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Keep the faith Crazy.

I just know those transplanted lungs came from a Bronco fan.

Crazy is partially Orange and Blue now!

SouthStndJunkie
05-28-2009, 10:30 PM
That is excellent news.

Keep making positive progress.

bronco militia
05-29-2009, 08:52 AM
great news!

rugbythug
05-29-2009, 10:03 AM
Sweet!

Florida_Bronco
05-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Great news!

gyldenlove
05-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Excellent, I hope there are no complications.

Doggcow
05-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Yay Lungs!

BroncoInSkinland
05-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Great news, stay strong Crazy, my prayers are still with you.

For anyone that doesn't know transplants require a wide variety of Meds afterwords, some hard core stuff. They essentially shut down your immune system with poisons and then give you a few other meds to counteract the effects of the bad stuff. It all boils down to you cant be around anyone with a cold, you have a vastly increased chance of infection from everyday things like bug bites or papercuts, and frequently you feel very ill for no reason (aside from the meds) what-so-ever. The doctors recomend if you have a fever over 100 degrees that you immediately go to an emergency room. Theres a lot more, but that gives you the idea. Crazyhorses lifestyle is probably going to change drastically, although the meds he was already taking were similar in effect. Just keep it in mind when he does get out, it can be very physically taxing.

DeusExManning
05-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Great news, stay strong Crazy, my prayers are still with you.

For anyone that doesn't know transplants require a wide variety of Meds afterwords, some hard core stuff. They essentially shut down your immune system with poisons and then give you a few other meds to counteract the effects of the bad stuff. It all boils down to you cant be around anyone with a cold, you have a vastly increased chance of infection from everyday things like bug bites or papercuts, and frequently you feel very ill for no reason (aside from the meds) what-so-ever. The doctors recomend if you have a fever over 100 degrees that you immediately go to an emergency room. Theres a lot more, but that gives you the idea. Crazyhorses lifestyle is probably going to change drastically, although the meds he was already taking were similar in effect. Just keep it in mind when he does get out, it can be very physically taxing.

Then he will have to stay away from the Chiefs fans for sure.

My prayers and wishes are with you Crazy

Requiem
05-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Absolutely wonderful news to hear. As someone who has had some health issues this year and is stil going through them, I pray for CrazyHorse and all he beloved family. You'll make it through this bro, and be back on here talkin' smack in no time. :D

Meck77
05-29-2009, 11:17 AM
I seem to recall his avatar tag line read "You can only try and contain me". Something to that effect. Crazy has always been a fighter online and obviously in real life too.

Keep fighting Crazy!

watermock
05-29-2009, 11:28 AM
wow

real life drama

Hotrod
05-29-2009, 12:06 PM
keep on keeping on Crazy

Ray Finkle
05-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Great news!

cutthemdown
05-29-2009, 03:59 PM
sounds good to me

boltaneer
05-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Awesome news!

baja
05-29-2009, 05:25 PM
That's grand news

That's one Chiefs fan I'd hater to lose......

May God continue shower his blessings on you my good man....

Archer81
05-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Good to hear.

:Broncos:

Dukes
05-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Great news. Hope he pulls through

cutthemdown
05-29-2009, 07:19 PM
I hope he enjoys the lungs we farmed for him...........That Raider fan will never miss them.

sisterhellfyre
05-29-2009, 11:17 PM

Almost OT, but closely related...

This info about the immunosuppressant drugs may be a bit, ah, heavy-handed. I received a kidney transplant about six months ago, and I have to say that the anti-rejection drugs have not affected my life as much as I expected. I'm currently on three anti-rejection drugs and some blood pressure meds. I take about 15 pills a day, split between morning and evening doses. I'll be on the anti-rejection drugs for as long as the transplant lasts. We hope that means for the rest of my life.

My doctors started me off with massive doses of anti-rejection drugs while I was in hospital and monitored closely for ANY sign of rejection with blood tests drawn daily (twice daily at first). As soon as the blood test results supported it, they started drawing down the drug dosages. The drug load I take now is *maybe* 1/3rd of where we started. I'm sure that's what they'll do with CrazyHorse too: as soon as possible, they'll start lowering his doses. Their goal is to find the minimum level of the drugs required to prevent rejection of the transplant.

At first, while I was in the hospital and shortly after my release, we watched like hawks for any sign of infection from anything. No contact with anyone with any form of cold or flu, washing my hands frequently, and so on. I even wore a surgical mask my first few times going back to the transplant clinic for blood work & checkups. All those restrictions and requirements gradually eased within the first six weeks or two months. After I went home, I started off with returning to the transplant clinic three times a week. Then once a week. Then once a month. Now that I've made it past six months, my next regular appointment there will be at the one year mark. (Barring anything coming up between now & then.) I see my regular doctor every two months, and that's it so far.

I've had very few side effects from the anti-rejection drugs. The most noticeable side effect is that I've put on probably about 10 pounds or so in the last six months. That's a common side effect of prednisone for anyone who takes it. I feel better every day than I have in years. It's true that cat-scratches and similar minor injuries are slower to heal now, and I watch them carefully for signs of infection -- but that doesn't mean that I'm an easy target for every bacteria that comes along. My roommate's daughter brought colds home from school a couple times this winter. My roomie caught them, but I didn't. That's without taking any special precautions. The doctors tell me that if I should catch a cold or flu, I'll probably feel it longer than most people but that's about it.

So much of it depends on Dan himself: the strength of his immune system, and how his body responds to the drugs and surgery. There isn't a "one-size-fits-all" prescription for how it may go for him. Or what lifestyle changes he may or may not have to make. I know that my surgery was relatively much easier and less invasive than his, and so it's not a completley fair comparison from my experience to his (or what his will be). But every day that passes without signs of rejection is a good one, and increases the chances that he'll make a great recovery.

I'll be pulling for him over here from the sidelines. Get well soon, Dan. I'd love to have you back here on the Mane.

enjolras
05-30-2009, 05:38 PM
I'll be pulling for him over here from the sidelines. Get well soon, Dan. I'd love to have you back here on the Mane.

That's really interesting stuff... I hope things go great for you as well!

I'm eagerly awaiting more good news for Crazyhorse as well.

cutthemdown
05-30-2009, 11:05 PM
Yeah transplants are tough. My Brother is a bone marrow transplant survivor.

He had ADL Leukemia.

His blood type actually changed from the transplant giving him what they call Graft Host disease.

Anyone who thinks USA doesn't have some great hospitals needs to check out City of Hope. They save lives there!!!

SoCalBronco
05-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Great news!

I am so happy for Dan. :)

Chiefsorg
05-31-2009, 07:17 PM
Wow what a response from you guys!
Anyway I was prevented from making my trip up yesterday. I guess he had a rough night. They had to put the ventilator back in. Evidently this is normal. Kind of a one step back to take two forward kind of a deal.

worm
05-31-2009, 07:21 PM
Wow what a response from you guys!
Anyway I was prevented from making my trip up yesterday. I guess he had a rough night. They had to put the ventilator back in. Evidently this is normal. Kind of a one step back to take two forward kind of a deal.

Give Dan our best. Lots of positive energy sent his way.

Sassy
05-31-2009, 08:48 PM
More thoughts and prayers coming your way, Dan!
Keep up the fight!!!

Broncoman13
05-31-2009, 08:51 PM
Thoughts and prayers Crazy... hang in there buddy.

loborugger
05-31-2009, 08:58 PM
All the best. Enjoy every new breath you get.

Dudeskey
05-31-2009, 08:59 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/applause.gif
great news and all the best

Blueflame
05-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Hope the "forward" steps become more frequent and the "backwards" ones much rarer... thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Popps
05-31-2009, 11:32 PM
ChiefsOrg, this updates are much appreciated.

JCMElway
06-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Definitely Please keep us posted. Get well Crazy! You have to keep us honest over here!

watermock
06-06-2009, 10:02 AM
His docs probaby allready aware of ths, but most hospitals have some pretty deadly staff infections right there. I caught 2 ater my trach. One is so deadly it can only be treated a 1 specific antibiotic, and it has to be treated immediately. It forms among the incision in the form of a white puss. Mensa or somethinglike that.

Good Luck.

Gnomeflinger
06-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Holy crap, I had no idea! Gets lots of rest and continue to get better, Crazyhorse.

Orange_Beard
06-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Can't wait for your first post. Feel better, rest and become a Bronco fan.

Hogan11
06-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Keep on fighting Craze

Miss I.
06-07-2009, 01:16 AM
Wishing you all the best and hope to hear more from you soon

Chiefsorg
06-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Hey guys I just spent a couple of days with Crazyhorse.
He sure seems to be in very good care!! His color is really good. He is spending less and less time on the ventilator, I think he spent 16 hrs off of the ventilator yesterday. His spirits were really good. All inspite of doing some of the hardest work that he has done yet.
He was even picking on the nurses and pointing out that there was some nice tail working around there.

Dukes
06-09-2009, 07:30 PM
He sure seems to be in very good care!! His color is really good. He is spending less and less time on the ventilator, I think he spent 16 hrs off of the ventilator yesterday. His spirits were really good. All inspite of doing some of the hardest work that he has done yet.
He was even picking on the nurses and pointing out that there was some nice tail working around there.

Great to hear. Thanks for the update!

GreatBronco16
06-09-2009, 09:02 PM
That's good to hear. Tell him that the Chiefs still suck though. :P

watermock
06-09-2009, 09:46 PM

I invited them to come have a 3some. Found out months later.

It's normal to act that way, after all, your totally in no position to argue.

broncogary
06-10-2009, 05:13 AM
His docs probaby allready aware of ths, but most hospitals have some pretty deadly staff infections right there. I caught 2 ater my trach. One is so deadly it can only be treated a 1 specific antibiotic, and it has to be treated immediately. It forms among the incision in the form of a white puss. Mensa or somethinglike that.

Good Luck.

MRSA?

JCMElway
06-10-2009, 05:29 AM

Ha! Sounds like CH. Tell him that our thoughts are with him! And oh yeah, Chief's suck!

Hotrod
06-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Keep on keeping on Crazy

BroncoInSkinland
06-12-2009, 07:15 AM
For anyone that may have missed it, Crazy was on and sent us a message in this thread http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=81213

Chiefsorg
06-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Well guys we just found out that crazys' body is trying to reject these lungs. He has been struggling pretty hard for a week now. They are starting him on a very high dose of prednazone (sp?) steroid to shut his immune system down to try and stop the rejection and get the fluid off of his lungs. It will take 10 days to 2 weeks to see if this is going to stop the rejection.

Orange_Beard
06-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Ahhh ****.

Keep on fighting.

tnedator
06-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Well guys we just found out that crazys' body is trying to reject these lungs. He has been struggling pretty hard for a week now. They are starting him on a very high dose of prednazone (sp?) steroid to shut his immune system down to try and stop the rejection and get the fluid off of his lungs. It will take 10 days to 2 weeks to see if this is going to stop the rejection.

Damn, hope the steroids do the trick. Is he in one of the Arkansas hospitals?

sisterhellfyre
06-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Well guys we just found out that crazys' body is trying to reject these lungs.

Lighting a candle for you tonight, Dan, and I'll remember you in my solstice observance this weekend.

Sassy
06-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Awww....Keep fighting Dan!

bronco610
06-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Fight for it CH, prayers to you and yours!!!!

watermock
06-21-2009, 12:06 AM
It's never good news when something has to be done retroactively.

Hopefully the drugs arrests the rejection.

cutthemdown
06-21-2009, 09:30 AM
It's never good news when something has to be done retroactively.

Hopefully the drugs arrests the rejection.

It's pretty normal to get some Graph/Host disease when doing transplants. The prednisone takes away bodies ability to make swelling and reactions to allergies etc but also can weaken immune system.

This is probably something the doctors knew would happen and they know how to deal with it.

sisterhellfyre
06-21-2009, 09:43 PM
It's pretty normal to get some Graph/Host disease when doing transplants. The prednisone takes away bodies ability to make swelling and reactions to allergies etc but also can weaken immune system. This is probably something the doctors knew would happen and they know how to deal with it.

Exactly. It's been 8 months now since my transplant, and I'm still on a low daily "maintenace" dosage of prednisone. The docs tell me it will be part of my daily routine for the foreseeable future.

Hang in there, Dan, I'm still cheering for you.

Meck77
06-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Hang in there Dan. I'm praying for you.

Miss I.
06-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Dan, take care man. Wishing you well.

BroncoInSkinland
06-22-2009, 05:54 AM
Exactly. It's been 8 months now since my transplant, and I'm still on a low daily "maintenace" dosage of prednisone. The docs tell me it will be part of my daily routine for the foreseeable future.

Hang in there, Dan, I'm still cheering for you.

5 years for my Fiancee on prednisone now, relatively minor side effects from that one. When they start to use the bio-engineered steroids like Ritoxomeb (spelling?) it has gone to the next level, although any rejection episode is bad. Still pulling for you here Crazy, keep fighting.

cutthemdown
06-25-2009, 09:34 AM
We have some problems with healthcare, but we also have some amazing doctors and hospitals in this country. The fact they can even replace a lung is truly amazing to me.

Hotrod
06-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Come on Dan keep working

Any updates?

theAPAOps5
06-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Dan you guys signed Mike Brown! Take the emotion good or bad and channel it into kicking that rejections ass.

crazyhorse
06-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Things nots so great on the transplant front. I Have devloped antibodies in the new lungs.

Im rejecting the new ones. I am on the list for new lungs. But due to the ABs the chances are slim.

The new lungs were damaged. Because so, Crazy is on guts only.

I shouldn't say that. I m am in gods hands now Call in yuor best favors boys. needed right now.

PS I have severe medicine head,

Florida_Bronco
06-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Keep fighting Crazy. Keep fighting brother.

crazyhorse
06-28-2009, 10:29 AM
No worries boy and girls. You just do what you can do. What are ya gonna do cry over spilled milk? Thats a waste.

Love your family with all ya got and hope for the best.

Blueflame
06-28-2009, 11:00 AM
We're all praying for you, Crazy... very sorry to hear it's not going so well. :(

Sassy
06-28-2009, 11:16 AM
Things nots so great on the transplant front. I Have devloped antibodies in the new lungs.

Im rejecting the new ones. I am on the list for new lungs. But due to the ABs the chances are slim.

I shouldn't say that. I m am in gods hands now Call in yuor best favors boys. needed right now.

More thoughts and prayers sent your way!
Keep fighting!

Los Broncos
06-28-2009, 11:20 AM

Stay tough, my thoughts are with you.

SouthStndJunkie
06-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Hang in there....keep thinking positive thoughts.

bronco610
06-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Fight CH !!!!! Prayers to you and yours. I have no doubt how much guts you have.

watermock
06-28-2009, 07:09 PM
You're in inspiration for all of us. God Bless.

cutthemdown
06-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Damn

broncosteven
06-30-2009, 12:23 PM
No worries boy and girls. You just do what you can do. What are ya gonna do cry over spilled milk? Thats a waste.

Love your family with all ya got and hope for the best.

Keep figting Dan!

Hogan11
07-04-2009, 06:45 AM
Keep on fighting Man, please give us an update if and when you can.

Mr Chatterboodamn
07-04-2009, 10:15 AM
I don't always pray, but when I do, I pray for crazyhorse. I want you to get back to trolling us ASAP, Crazy.

gunns
07-04-2009, 03:51 PM
You know I've been praying for you since day 1. I have been so happy you got a transplant. My cousin had the same problems you are having with a liver transplant. We didn't think she'd get the second transplant, but she did and is doing great. I pray for the same for you. I also pray for your wife, this must be tough on her each day.

Gnomeflinger
07-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Love you crazyhorse!

watermock
07-04-2009, 04:33 PM
I pray also.

The way I figure it, can't hurt. Intention, transmutation is a strong force.

I also like to have people do the work for me...

crazyhorse
07-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Stoppin in to tell everyone I'm still alive. There have been a lot of complications and I'm still in ICU. I am headed in the right direction as we speak and thats the best I can hope for right now.

Fightin like heck. I'm coming home some day. I'm determined. God just has to be willing.

sisterhellfyre
07-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Thanks for stopping by to let us know, Dan. I check this thread every day to see if there's any news about how you're doing. Hang in there and keep the fire of your faith burning.

Stoppin in to tell everyone I'm still alive. There have been a lot of complications and I'm still in ICU. I am headed in the right direction as we speak and thats the best I can hope for right now.

Fightin like heck. I'm coming home some day. I'm determined. God just has to be willing.

Orange_Beard
07-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Best Wishes.

theAPAOps5
07-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Keep it up Dan we are all thinking of you!

DenverBrit
07-08-2009, 06:23 PM

You have great inner strength, Dan and I sincerely believe you will pull through like a champion.

My thoughts are with you and your family and to the day you get to go home again.

Natedogg
07-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Fight like Steve DeBerg with his broken-ass pinkie and voicebox!!!

Bronx33
07-09-2009, 05:28 PM
All i wanna know is (when) can i verbally beat you down with football realated banter? WHEN!

SouthStndJunkie
07-09-2009, 05:29 PM

No doubt about it....you are going to go home.

Hulamau
07-09-2009, 11:36 PM

Keep It Up Crazy. Lit a candle for you day before yesterday in a beautiful 9th Century Abbey in Thorn Netherlands "The White Village" on the Belgian border. Take care.

worm
07-10-2009, 12:57 AM
Positive energy sent your way Dan.

vancejohnson82
07-10-2009, 09:13 AM
truly inspirational.....

good thoughts and all of the positive energy I can muster up sent your way buddy

cutthemdown
07-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Dan my brother went through a lot of what you are. I have seen it done man just keep fighting it. Try to stay positive and keep the picture in your head of all you have to live for.

God bless and good luck, we are all praying for you every night.

Gnomeflinger
07-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Any updates?

*WARHORSE*
07-20-2009, 10:06 AM

He is very willing Horse.

Trust in Him and believe. Keep your spirits up.

Good things are coming.

Prayers for you and yours buddy.

Dukes
07-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Keep fighting Dan!

watermock
07-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Checked Chef Planet.

It must be hell for him, I was in coma mostly.

crazyhorse
07-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Hey Donk fans. Hows it going for football fans of the most competetive team of the Chiefs for the last 40 years?

Quick update.

My lungs have clouded up again like thier is some water on them. I have been taking higher doses of prednisone to see if that helps. I go for my second x ray tomorrow. They took one Thurs after a couple days of treatment with the pred. Thet said they didn't really look any better, but didn't look any worse. So they wanted to wait till tomorrow to give the pred a little more time to work. I scared as as hell.

My strength seems to be holding up ok. Maybe getting better, so that is a good sign. But Pred. seems to give you a boost anyway in the strength and motivation department.

I seem to have had a lot of complications with this surgery. I am beginning to wonder if I'll ever get out of this place.

The wife has been great. She's here every day. And my son is home trying to hold the business together doing the work of 3 people. Which is starting to lose ground pretty quick. Without my support around me I wouldn't be who I am today and I'm damn thankful for it.

Anyway, all you can do is try to keep a positive atitude, work hard on your rehab and don't give in. So I'm doing that.

So that's the latest.

Still in the step down unit from ICU. Looking to dig my way out.

Love you guys.

Blueflame
07-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Good to see the update... hang in there.

DenverBrit
07-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Dan, it's great to hear that you're making some progress.

Hopefully you'll get to go home very soon. :thumbsup:

JCMElway
07-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Way to go CH! Keep fighting. I want to be able to give you hell over Chef losses to the Broncs for many years to come....

Hulamau
07-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Hi Dan,

Try asking the docs to check your 25(OH)D Vitamin D3 levels too, and see if supplementation with adequate doses (at least 2,000IU if Vitamin D3, which not really a vitamin but rather is a prohormone that modulates over 1,000 genes in the body) might be worth a try?

There have been a number of studies, mostly with kidney transplants, of the value of adding larger doses of vitamin D3 shortly after the transplants to help with overall recovery and also prevents hyper-parathyroidism in light of all the steroid drugs and lack of sunlight being cooped up in the ward so long.

Anyway, Vitamin D in adequate doses can help the body in so many ways. and it seems like you can use your share of help these days! Certainly worth bringing it up with one of your more enlightened docs and see if they can/will give you some?

All the Best Dude!

SouthStndJunkie
07-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Keep moving things in the right direction.

You have made it this far....you will make it all the way back.

bronco610
07-27-2009, 06:10 AM
Prayers C H keep fighting!!!!!!

Pezman
07-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Dan, so stoked for you my friend, keep fighting the good fight! Prayers with you and your whole family brother!

theAPAOps5
07-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Hey Donk fans. Hows it going for football fans of the most competetive team of the Chiefs for the last 40 years?

Quick update.

My lungs have clouded up again like thier is some water on them. I have been taking higher doses of prednisone to see if that helps. I go for my second x ray tomorrow. They took one Thurs after a couple days of treatment with the pred. Thet said they didn't really look any better, but didn't look any worse. So they wanted to wait till tomorrow to give the pred a little more time to work. I scared as as hell.

My strength seems to be holding up ok. Maybe getting better, so that is a good sign. But Pred. seems to give you a boost anyway in the strength and motivation department.

I seem to have had a lot of complications with this surgery. I am beginning to wonder if I'll ever get out of this place.

The wife has been great. She's here every day. And my son is home trying to hold the business together doing the work of 3 people. Which is starting to lose ground pretty quick. Without my support around me I wouldn't be who I am today and I'm damn thankful for it.

Anyway, all you can do is try to keep a positive atitude, work hard on your rehab and don't give in. So I'm doing that.

So that's the latest.

Love you guys.

Thanks for the update bro I have been thinking positive thoughts for you!

broncosteven
07-29-2009, 06:59 PM

Quick update.

So that's the latest.

Love you guys.

Hang in there Crazy!

It is a great feeling to have your wife at your side through trouble times. I have a good one too. Make sure she knows what you told us!

Steve.

*WARHORSE*
07-30-2009, 10:02 AM

Quick update.

So that's the latest.

Love you guys.

Dont stop digging Crazy.

My prayers are gonna crank this week for you. Peace always......WH

crazyhorse
07-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Breathing on "room air" at rest today. Made 10minutes with elevated breathing and heart rate. Laying on my back of course. If I so much as raised my arm above my head I would have struggled to keep uo. But, it was 10 minutes with no support.

I have a long way to go for endurance. As for strength, I can barely sit up in bed without getting out of breath with oxygen support. But stille felt good not to be hooked up to the hoses and running under my yown power.

Funny how much strength and endurance you lose laying in bed hooked up to machines for 3 months. I cab barely stand.

But.......I feel like I'm finally taking my 1st steps to my come back. With the complications It's been a long time coming. And anything can happen at any time to set me back. But we're moving forward. Also walked on a treadmill at .5 fo 5 minutes. The O2 was cranked pretty high but I made it.

:strong:

SouthStndJunkie
07-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Keep kicking ass, bro.

dbfan4life
07-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Awesome news, CH!

DenverBrit
07-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Fantastic news, Dan. :thumbsup:

watermock
07-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Breathing on "room air" at rest today. Made 10minutes with elevated breathing and heart rate. Laying on my back of course. If I so much as raised my arm above my head I would have struggled to keep uo. But, it was 10 minutes with no support.

I have a long way to go for endurance. As for strength, I can barely sit up in bed without getting out of breath with oxygen support. But stille felt good not to be hooked up to the hoses and running under my yown power.

Funny how much strength and endurance you lose laying in bed hooked up to machines for 3 months. I cab barely stand.

But.......I feel like I'm finally taking my 1st steps to my come back. With the complications It's been a long time coming. And anything can happen at any time to set me back. But we're moving forward. Also walked on a treadmill at .5 fo 5 minutes. The O2 was cranked pretty high but I made it.

WOW!

Getting on the tread will help the draining of your lungs.

Have 'em add some nitrous to the O2 so you feel really good!

Atmospheric weight is hard, yet alone your on own after being bedridden.

I started out on something I called the "rack".

Hoefully you can get in a pool in a few months.

I'm sure the doc's are making sure you dont let that MSRA get to ya.

Sassy
07-30-2009, 09:45 PM

:strong:Keep on keeping on Dan!
Work hard...and we'll keep up with good thoughts and prayers for yoU!

tnedator
07-31-2009, 07:41 AM
Great news.

bronco militia
07-31-2009, 08:01 AM
sweet!...thanks for the quick update

bronco610
07-31-2009, 08:59 AM
Great news C H. keep up the fight.

Houshyamama
07-31-2009, 11:42 AM
Good job Crazyhorse, everyone is pulling for you.

theAPAOps5
07-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Man that is such good news!

Orange_Beard
07-31-2009, 06:22 PM
Wow, you made my day. Great to hear, one day at a time.

Must say, I was scared to open this thread a few times, so grateful to hear that you are starting to stand, great progress. Congrats.

hades
07-31-2009, 06:24 PM
Keep fighting and make it back home to your family!

Hogan11
07-31-2009, 06:28 PM
Rockin' great news :thumbs:

JCMElway
08-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Any CH updates?

Chiefsorg
08-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Hey All
I spent this last weekend with Dan. He is out of the hospital but staying in St. Louis. He is doing rehab Mon thru Fri at the hospital. He doesn't have internet access but he wanted me to let you all know that "he is still grinding".
He is still on oxygen and can't stand for very long or walk very far. But he can do those things at short periods with patience. We actually went out and ate dinner at a local small place. It was hard for him. But he wanted to it so we did it!!

Blueflame
08-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Thank you for the update, Chiefsorg.

Florida_Bronco
08-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Hey All
I spent this last weekend with Dan. He is out of the hospital but staying in St. Louis. He is doing rehab Mon thru Fri at the hospital. He doesn't have internet access but he wanted me to let you all know that "he is still grinding".
He is still on oxygen and can't stand for very long or walk very far. But he can do those things at short periods with patience. We actually went out and ate dinner at a local small place. It was hard for him. But he wanted to it so we did it!!

Thanks for the update. Do you know how long he's going to be in St. Louis?

bronco610
08-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Hospital food can make you do amazing things. Go CH!!!!!!!

cutthemdown
08-15-2009, 11:46 AM
hopefully sometime this season he can stop by and tell us how much Orton stinks.

crazyhorse
08-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Hey all!

Things with rehab are going decent. I am making progress, most importantly my O2 saturation numbers are coming up under exersion.

I started a week ago monday on a treadmill and my O2# Dropped to below 90 within 2 minutes. Thats not a good thing especially when you are on 12 liters of oxygen.

Today I walked at .6 mph for 30 minutes at 12 liters with saturation that never dropped below 98%

12 liters is the scary number. I have to get that number down or I will be home unable to get out much. The good news is the lungs are finally waking up. They are showing signs that I can start dropping that 12 to a 10.

If I get to 10 that leaves potential to get lower. The work is starting to pay off! This is best news I have seen since May.

I will try to find a net connection now and then to keep you updated. But things are getting better and picking up speed right now and I'm feeling good about it.

FB, best case, it'll be a couple months yet before I get to come home. But for the 1st time since the surgery I really feel like I'm gonna make it home.

Feels good.

Dan

cutthemdown
08-21-2009, 05:03 PM
little bit of light peaking through huh Dan? Good news brother.

watermock
08-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Wow!

Just like in football, your getting better each day or worse.

Thew good news is you won't be missing much from the AFC west. Ha!

Cable is probably going to jail and Billicheat has sent his minions out to seek and destroy the AFC west just like Cleveland and the Jets.

Be dilligent and keep the faith.

broncosteven
08-21-2009, 07:10 PM
Crazy,

You got to make it home before the 12/6 Broncos at KFC game, this may be our SB this year also!

LOL

Crushaholic
08-21-2009, 07:48 PM
We know you'll keep fighting, Dan...:notworthy

SouthStndJunkie
08-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Keep kicking ass, Dan.

theAPAOps5
08-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Great news!

bronco610
08-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Good news CH, keep up the fight things will get better as long as you keep fighting !!!

Miss I.
08-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Good to hear it, you get better soon so these guys have a Chiefs fan that they enjoy arguing with...that other one who's name I will not mention needs a good beat down... you on the other hand I like, plus you have a cool car...

Knuckle Dragger
08-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Crazy you're one tough SOB. I gotta respect that. I never thought I would have that for a Chief's fan, let alone a Ford guy :-*. I don't post much here, but I had to put in my 2 cents. I hope if I ever face something like this I can conduct myself with as much courage and class you have. We've been praying for you over here for awhile. Glad to see the positive updates.

Falconer
08-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Hey Crazy,
You should let me know where you are. We are going to up in St. Louis Sept. 8th through at least the 11th. We will be at Childrens so if you are going to Barnes it will be easy to meet up.

ghwk
08-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Don't know you but I'm pulling for you and glad to hear the news. Keep on trucking big guy!

crazyhorse
09-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Update:

Been a couple weeks since I've given the latest.

I made a trip home this weekend. It was nice to see the house, the pets, and a few select friends. There was a time I wondered if I would ever lay eyes on them again.

I've been rehabbing hard. My O2 is down to 6 litres @.8 mph on the treadmill. While I'm glad to be raisisng the speed and endurance, the real satisfaction come from that 6. I can actually get out of the house at 6 litres. Not easily, not for long.......but I can. I still want to get it lower. But that's where we are now.

Had a chance to drive the hot rod this weekend. It's when I really felt myself. A freedom, if you will. It's been awhile.

Doc says I may be able to come home for good in a month if I keep progressing at this rate. I have been the star of pulmonary rehab. It seems like every day I am upping my speed or dropping my oxygen. Though I am still pretty week, I have taken my 1st stand up shower since March, made love to my wife for the 1st time in 6 months, and doing a few small things that I have been unable to do for awhile.

Still cant clib stairs, or lift anything. Cant walk very far, but further than before.

The prayers are working. I'm working, and the lungs are working. At least they are starting to. Best of all, I'll be home soon

Florida_Bronco
09-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Update:

I made a trip home this weekend. It was nice to see the house, the pets, and a few select friends. There was a time I wondered if I would ever lay eyes on them again.

I've been rehabbing hard. My O2 is down to 6 litres @.8 mph on the treadmill. While I'm glad to be raisisng the speed and endurance, the real satisfaction come from that 6. I can actually get out of the house at 6 litres. Not easily, not for long.......but I can. I still want to get it lower. But that's where we are now.

Had a chance to drive the hot rod this weekend. It's when I really felt myself. A freedom, if you will. It's been awhile.

Doc says I may be able to come home for good in a month if I keep progressing at this rate. I have been the star of pulmonary rehab. It seems like every day I am upping my speed or dropping my oxygen. Though I am still pretty week, I have taken my 1st stand up shower since March, made love to my wife for the 1st time in 6 months, and doing a few small things that I have been unable to do for awhile.

Still cant clib stairs, or lift anything. Cant walk very far, but further than before.

The prayers are working. I'm working, and the lungs are working. At least they are starting to. Best of all, I'll be home soon

AWESOME NEWS! :thumbsup:

Crushaholic
09-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Update:

Of course you are the star of pulmonary rehab. You're a fighter. Keep it up...:notworthy

Blueflame
09-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Fantastic news, Crazyhorse!

DenverBrit
09-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Good to hear from you, Dan.
It's fantastic that you've managed a trip home and the rehab is going well. :strong:
Keep it coming!!

Natedogg
09-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Update:

Thats way better than most Maners.

SouthStndJunkie
09-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Update:

Awesome news....plus your are still getting more ass than Bob.

watermock
09-07-2009, 02:44 PM
The force of intention is strong with you.

broncocalijohn
09-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Update:

Though I am still pretty week, I have taken my 1st stand up shower since March, made love to my wife for the 1st time in 6 months, and doing a few small things that I have been unable to do for awhile.

Thats way better than most Maners.

Or better than many married men. Congrats on your rehab.

Sassy
09-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Update:

Awesome!!! :thumbsup:

Hogan11
09-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Good job Craze, keep on keepin on!

Falconer
09-09-2009, 12:25 PM
I just had the pleasure of meeting up with Dan (aka Crazyhorse) and his wife. I can tell you from just the short time that I met them that these are two great people. We had a chance to share some stories, and I still am amazed at how this guy is a Chiefs fan. I think we need to make him an honorary Broncos fan.

He and his wife seems in great spirits and we were able to sit down and have a nice lunch together. Afterwards we all went up to Sam's room and met my wife and Sam. This was after he already went to physical therapy. No stinking transplant operation will keep Dan down.

Hopefully we will get a chance to meet up again before we head for home. I just wish we had a chance to sit down and watch a game together.

Sassy
09-09-2009, 01:11 PM
How is Sam doing Falconer?

Killericon
09-09-2009, 07:24 PM
The thought of the Broncos playing in Arrowhead this year must keep you going, crazy.

This is fantastic news.

Falconer
09-10-2009, 07:00 AM
How is Sam doing Falconer?

I don't want to hijack Dan's thread, but Sam has been better. He just had another hip surgery on Tuesday. We have been battling some breathing issues (something Dan is very familiar with) along with pain control. I think we are starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel though. We will try to get him out of bed today and into a wheelchair.

Hopefully we will have a chance to meet up with Dan again. It is pretty awesome to have two fighters in the same room!

bronco610
09-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Great to here that you are there Falconer. Thanks for the update on both Crazy and Sam. Keep fighting both of you and it will get better. God Bless.

JCMElway
09-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Outstanding to hear about progress from CH and Sam! Keep it up!

worm
09-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Update:

Thanks for the update Dan! Much positive energy sent your way.

watermock
09-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Been awhile again...still mad about that loss to Oakland?

J/K

Don't stop fighting!

bronco610
09-29-2009, 12:12 AM
"I've been released to go home.

I'm typing from my easy chair. Good to be home. I still have a ways to go, but have also come a long ways.

Things didn't go as we hoped. I've had many obstacles to overcome. Some that I cant overcome. But I'm still here, and looking forward to the future.

As for updates, I am walking at 1.2 mph on the hamster wheel @4 litres of O2. Thats better than we thought it would ever be and I still seem to be moving slowly forward. I m blessed to be with my family. Every day I am alive from here forward is gravy.

If you remember I started out walking .5 mph at 12 litres for 2 minutes before having to stop. That was about 6 weeks ago. I was wheelchair bound all the time. I am walking on my own without the chair. I'm not gonna tell you things have become easy for me, but they are not so difficult that there is no quality of life. And I fully expect things to get even better."

This was the latest from CH at chiefs planet.
Keep it up Crazy, sounds like your doing pretty well. More prayers your way!!!!!

<!-- / message -->

broncocalijohn
09-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Good news it seems. He should post over here though as many of the CP posters are on a vacation until January.