PDA

View Full Version : Given the Arrington Release....

cmhargrove
05-28-2009, 09:36 PM
What are the chances that Boss is gone also?

footstepsfrom#27
05-28-2009, 10:11 PM
Why? Did he flunk a physical?

Los Broncos
05-28-2009, 10:14 PM
I think he was hurt getting out of bed.

Punisher
05-28-2009, 10:17 PM
I say keep him Ive looked over the Buc vs Broncos game and Boss played pretty well.I say put him in rotation with Ayers,plus he'll make a great ST player.

~Crash~
05-28-2009, 10:36 PM
there is a really good chance he will retire

OABB
05-28-2009, 11:00 PM
time for the glassman embed.....

BroncoMan4ever
05-28-2009, 11:25 PM
I think he was hurt getting out of bed.

shortly after that he went to take a piss and tore his groin.

ZONA
05-29-2009, 03:13 AM
No idea why the topic of Boss getting cut has anything to do with Arrington failing a physical but I would not be sad to see him go.

Broncoman13
05-29-2009, 07:04 AM
Hmmm, 15 RBs with one starter and maybe three that play each game vs 12 LBs with four starters and maybe seven that play each game... Why would we be releasing Boss again? btw, those 12 LBs include Jeff Schweiger, Mario Haggan, Nick Greisen, Lee Robinson, Louis Green, and Braxton Kelley.

That leaves Boss Bailey, DJ Williams, Robert Ayers, Darrell Reid, Andra Davis, Wesley Woodyard, and Spencer Larsen as the "likely candidates" for those four starting spots. Figure Ayers will start at DE so that leaves six LB fighting for four spots... and 12 total LBs. Given the numbers, what the hell does cutting Arrington have to do with cutting Boss Bailey???

cmhargrove
05-29-2009, 08:14 AM
Hmmm, 15 RBs with one starter and maybe three that play each game vs 12 LBs with four starters and maybe seven that play each game... Why would we be releasing Boss again? btw, those 12 LBs include Jeff Schweiger, Mario Haggan, Nick Greisen, Lee Robinson, Louis Green, and Braxton Kelley.

That leaves Boss Bailey, DJ Williams, Robert Ayers, Darrell Reid, Andra Davis, Wesley Woodyard, and Spencer Larsen as the "likely candidates" for those four starting spots. Figure Ayers will start at DE so that leaves six LB fighting for four spots... and 12 total LBs. Given the numbers, what the hell does cutting Arrington have to do with cutting Boss Bailey???

Just the opportunity to get rid of "dead weight" any way possible.

Arrington being released seems as much a roster move, as it is an injury move since the season doesn't start for three more months.

They originally liked Arrington, we got some replacements, they released Arrington.

That possible logic could also cover Boss Bailey. Seemingly, we used a first rounder (Ayers), signed a veteran (Reid), and got some potential FA's that could now play his spot. Guys that are younger, stronger, cost less, and could possibly stay on the field.

You can say what you like about Boss. He is very fast and has great pursuit skills, but he just plays soft. There's no place for that on our new defense (in my opinion). We already have his replacement. I doubt he will get up to speed, and keep a starting job before preseason. And, all the wait isn't really going to produce the player we need at SOLB.

That's why the Arrington situation has some relevance.

Los Broncos
05-29-2009, 08:20 AM
shortly after that he went to take a piss and tore his groin.

That sounds like it hurts.

HILife
05-29-2009, 08:29 AM

You forgot Moss, Crowder, Dumerville

Broncoman13
05-29-2009, 03:40 PM
You forgot Moss, Crowder, Dumerville

Doom yes, Moss maybe, Crowder no...

btw, Arrington has to have season ending surgery. No reason to wait three months.

Gcver2ver3
05-29-2009, 03:51 PM
i was leaning towards cutting him...but if he can show an assemblence of cover skills, maybe we should hold onto him...

and then cut him the last day of TC...

Popps
05-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Boss is a waste of a roster space. Rather see a young guy who can play special teams get the slot.

He's a horrible fit for a 3-4 defense.

maher_tyler
05-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Boss is a waste of a roster space. Rather see a young guy who can play special teams get the slot.

He's a horrible fit for a 3-4 defense.

I bet we run more 4-3 sets than 3-4 this year...we'll only run a 3-4 on passing downs..i say Boss will stay for this year but gone next.

Hotrod
05-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Wait what am I missing here. What does one have to do with the other???

Boss can hit the bricks as far as I care but I dont understand why releasing a RB has some bearing on a LB'er being let go

Popps
05-29-2009, 04:44 PM
I bet we run more 4-3 sets than 3-4 this year...we'll only run a 3-4 on passing downs..i say Boss will stay for this year but gone next.

Probably right on both counts, though I think we'll run a bit more 4-3 than 3-4. But, we'll see both... and I also don't think Bailey will even make it through the season healthy.

cmhargrove
05-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Wait what am I missing here. What does one have to do with the other???

Boss can hit the bricks as far as I care but I dont understand why releasing a RB has some bearing on a LB'er being let go

Hotrod, oops Dortoh.

Please read previous posts.
The question was about the mindset of the FO. It seems like a smart move to get rid of Arrington, healthy or not. The injury just helps it along. If that is in fact true, and Boss (the worthless pretty boy) is injured, it would make good sense to dump him and his contract since he won't be helping the team much this year (IMO).