PDA

View Full Version : Just saw the movie UP, it's HILARIOUS

Boobs McGee
05-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Got sneak preview tix, saw it down at cherry creek...

Everyone needs to go see this. It's ****ing FUNNY! One of the best Disney Pixar movies to date imo.

Great mix of humor, drama, animations are incredible! Definitely has some mature themes, but all of the kids in the theater we're howling through a bunch of it.

GREAT movie, go see it

snowspot66
05-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Going to see it tomorrow. I knew it would be great I just don't know how well it will follow Wall E. Gonna take a major showing to not have a big drop off from that movie.

Boobs McGee
05-28-2009, 09:42 PM
loved WALL-E, thought this one stacked up just as well...I think you'll be impressed!

ludo21
05-28-2009, 09:46 PM
just read some reviews of it and it is getting high ones.

I told my friends no way, but I might just go see this thing...

OABB
05-28-2009, 09:58 PM
well you like the Lakers and Fedor, so I'm going to assume with your awesome taste that this really is good!

Boobs McGee
05-28-2009, 10:03 PM
well you like the Lakers and Fedor, so I'm going to assume with your awesome taste that this really is good!

Lol lets not forget about Jessica Biel's ass! COME ON NOW, my tastes are impeccable ;)

Los Broncos
05-28-2009, 10:05 PM
I may take my son this weekend to see it, he may enjoy it.

Boobs McGee
05-28-2009, 10:08 PM
My buddy said his two year old son is gonna flip out when he sees it...seriously the kids in the theater were laughing, ooohing and aaahing.

Beantown Bronco
05-29-2009, 06:46 AM
I don't know man......that bird in the ads looks scarier than anything I saw in Ghostbusters. My kids may have to wait a few years before I let them see this one.

bronco militia
05-29-2009, 08:03 AM
I don't know man......that bird in the ads looks scarier than anything I saw in Ghostbusters. My kids may have to wait a few years before I let them see this one.

ahhhhhhhhh!
http://www.msu.edu/~walltimo/gb/projectimages/slimer.jpg

Ha!

bronco militia
05-29-2009, 08:05 AM
loved WALL-E, thought this one stacked up just as well...I think you'll be impressed!

my kids and I didn't care for Wall-e that much..would you say this one better?

please help! i don't want to watch Cars anymore!

Beantown Bronco
05-29-2009, 08:24 AM

Might I suggest Meet the Robinsons or The Incredibles to break things up?

GoHAM
05-29-2009, 08:36 AM

Hilarious! ROFL! LOL Hilarious!

I know what you mean!! No matter how many other DVDs I buy them it's non stop Cars.

bronco militia
05-29-2009, 08:41 AM
Might I suggest Meet the Robinsons or The Incredibles to break things up?

well yeah, but I can't convince the 4 year old that the Incredibles is better

bronco militia
05-29-2009, 08:41 AM

I know what you mean!! No matter how many other DVDs I buy them it's non stop Cars.

LOL.....I'm glad I'm not the only one

Taco John
05-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Hmmm... I was going to buy Z Cars this weekend. He's been on a Toy Story kick lately, and also wearing a path on the Adventures of Winnie the Pooh DVD. Looks like I'm in for it...

Spider
05-29-2009, 08:56 AM
I have seen Cars so many times .........

ElwayMD
05-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Can't wait to see UP. Just seeing the clip with the dog that talked was enough for me. They captured perfectly how a dog reacts when they see something of interest.

SureShot
05-29-2009, 09:15 AM
ahhhhhhhhh!
http://www.msu.edu/~walltimo/gb/projectimages/slimer.jpg

Ha!

Can you please provide a NSFW link instead of just throwing Slimer out there? Jesus my kid could have been standing behind me.

Spider
05-29-2009, 09:17 AM
ok whats the joke about kids and ghost busters ?

SureShot
05-29-2009, 09:19 AM
ok whats the joke about kids and ghost busters ?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Orangemane+ghostbusters

bronco militia
05-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Can you please provide a NSFW link instead of just throwing Slimer out there? Jesus my kid could have been standing behind me.

LOL

Spider
05-29-2009, 09:20 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Orangemane+ghostbusters

hey that was cool how did you do that ?

TonyR
05-29-2009, 09:21 AM
well yeah, but I can't convince the 4 year old that the Incredibles is better

Have you seen Kung Fu Panda? My kids love it, and I thought it was "better" than both Cars and Wall-E.

Spider
05-29-2009, 09:22 AM
it didnt help much http://boardreader.com/sp/The_Orange_Mane_a_Denver_Bronc_16229.html but it was damn cool

SureShot
05-29-2009, 09:25 AM
hey that was cool how did you do that ?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=let+me+google+that+for+you

Spider
05-29-2009, 09:28 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=let+me+google+that+for+you

sweet ,I figured it out , but still doesnt tell me about the ghostbusters ......perhaps it was too tough of a question ........

bronco militia
05-29-2009, 09:33 AM
Have you seen Kung Fu Panda? My kids love it, and I thought it was "better" than both Cars and Wall-E.

yeah...they've started watching that one recently

SureShot
05-29-2009, 09:35 AM
sweet ,I figured it out , but still doesnt tell me about the ghostbusters ......perhaps it was too tough of a question ........

I assume you have seen the movie and if so the possible damage to young children is obvious.

Spider
05-29-2009, 09:38 AM
I assume you have seen the movie and if so the possible damage to young children is obvious.

I saw it , dont remember it ....... I thought maybe some ones kid may have freaked out about it

HEAV
05-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Dug rocks!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y9-qNviedDE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y9-qNviedDE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Rock Chalk
05-29-2009, 11:44 AM

Wall-E was enjoyable to my daughter but I loved it. She only liked it.

Still, The Incredibles is my favorite Pixar movie to date. I did see an extended preview for the Up movie and laughed my ass off at a couple of scenes so I may end up seeing this shortly.

However, by the time my daughter is ungrounded, it may already be on DVD so I doubt I get to see it in the movie theater.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Wall-E was enjoyable to my daughter but I loved it. She only liked it.

Still, The Incredibles is my favorite Pixar movie to date. I did see an extended preview for the Up movie and laughed my ass off at a couple of scenes so I may end up seeing this shortly.

However, by the time my daughter is ungrounded, it may already be on DVD so I doubt I get to see it in the movie theater.

What did she do?

Beantown Bronco
05-29-2009, 12:34 PM
What did she do?

Sounds like she tried to sneak downstairs and watch Ghostbusters while dad was in bed.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Sounds like she tried to sneak downstairs and watch Ghostbusters while dad was in bed.

Dang...well in that case...MILITARY SCHOOL!

Rock Chalk
05-29-2009, 02:20 PM
What did she do?

LOL.

Its not just one thing.

Backtalk, whining, disobeying her mother all contributed to the length of her grounding but what she was initially grounded for was leaving her 18 month old sister on the playground set in our backyard all by herself.

They were both out there playing, everything was fine, I was outside with the wife where we could see them and we were discussing how ****ty most Bronco fans are in general and the next thing I know, Alexis is out there in the playground all by herself and Kayla is nowhere to be found.

Pissed me off good. I voted to ground her for life but Momma put the kabosh on that and made it a week. 2 days later she backtalked her mom and got her ass whooped AND grounded another week.

At this point, I dont think she will be getting married until Im dead as she wont be ungrounded by then.

Boobs McGee
05-29-2009, 03:27 PM

I'd say this one was a lot better. Both visually and comedy wise. The story is just a really feel good one when you think about it...no spoilers or anything, but it's kick ass.

I seriously peed a little when that damn bird came in for the first time. HI LA RI OUS.

If you DO take your kids to see it, prepare yourself for a lot of "squirrel" and "point" references :D

Hell. Even if you people DONT have kids, go. Me and four of my friends went, and we were all impressed.

Probly my new favorite.

And another thing, Disney's coming out with a NEW movie, something like the toad and princess. I grew up a disney freak (both parents worked at disney and disneyworld, so I was there like all the effing time), and this is actually going to be a HAND DRAWN PICTURE!!!!! Looks really good. SO your kids will actually have a cool disney movie coming out like we alll used to have.

OH YA

and the premier I saw WASNT in 3-D, but I heard it's coming out a lot of places in that format, so I'm sure it would be even better that way

El Minion
05-29-2009, 03:50 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ftidAFcJ_EQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ftidAFcJ_EQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

gunns
05-29-2009, 05:58 PM
LOL.

Its not just one thing.

Backtalk, whining, disobeying her mother all contributed to the length of her grounding but what she was initially grounded for was leaving her 18 month old sister on the playground set in our backyard all by herself.

They were both out there playing, everything was fine, I was outside with the wife where we could see them and we were discussing how ****ty most Bronco fans are in general and the next thing I know, Alexis is out there in the playground all by herself and Kayla is nowhere to be found.

Pissed me off good. I voted to ground her for life but Momma put the kabosh on that and made it a week. 2 days later she backtalked her mom and got her ass whooped AND grounded another week.

At this point, I dont think she will be getting married until Im dead as she wont be ungrounded by then.

LOL Oh poor Alex, wait till she's 13.

DeusExManning
05-30-2009, 08:00 PM

It's Nemo for us.

bfoflcommish
06-01-2009, 08:13 AM
loved loved loved up! didnt care for wall-e much at all and this was much more entertaining.

saw it in 3d and wasnt that great on the 3d graphics (compared to my bloody valentine and monster vs aliens) so see it in non 3d and you will not miss a thing. but DO SEE IT!

OABB
06-01-2009, 08:19 AM
I saw it , dont remember it ....... I thought maybe some ones kid may have freaked out about it

I think you missed the ghostbusters thread when your computer went down...It's worth a look if you haven't read it.

orangeatheist
06-01-2009, 08:44 AM
Hmmm... I was going to buy Z Cars this weekend. He's been on a Toy Story kick lately, and also wearing a path on the Adventures of Winnie the Pooh DVD. Looks like I'm in for it...

We've been redoing some classics around here. My 7 year old daughter's been reading some classic stories (redone for a younger set) so when she finishes a book we watch a film adaptation. About a month ago we watched "The Odessey" and then George Pal's "The Time Machine" (she wasn't even the least bit scared of the Morlocks like I was at her age!). Last weekend it was "Dr. Doolittle" (Rex Harrison, not Eddie Murphy). Last night it was Disney's "Swiss Family Robinson." You forget how good those old movies were. And they're good story telling without the need to WHAM! SLAM! BAM! get all the action in like an MTV commercial.

Rock Chalk
06-01-2009, 06:07 PM
I love all the Pixar movies so I dont mind if the kids watch them.

What I cannot tolerate another minute of is Hannah Montana or the Suite Life of Zach and Cody.

Those are banished from the big screen and she can only watch that crap in her room now.

Bronx33
06-01-2009, 06:12 PM
I love all the Pixar movies so I dont mind if the kids watch them.

What I cannot tolerate another minute of is Hannah Montana or the Suite Life of Zach and Cody.

Those are banished from the big screen and she can only watch that crap in her room now.

Totally agree they are just money sucking BS.

Rock Chalk
06-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Totally agree they are just money sucking BS.

They are great kids shows and my daughter loves them so I see nothing wrong with them except I dont want to ever watch another episode of them again.

Bronx33
06-01-2009, 06:21 PM
They are great kids shows and my daughter loves them so I see nothing wrong with them except I dont want to ever watch another episode of them again.

I hear ya dog.....

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2009, 05:58 AM
Pixar has to be the biggest sure thing in Hollywood right now. I'm beginning to think that it's impossible for them to come up with a dud.

Literally every single one has won at least one Oscar and their smallest grossing movie (Toy Story) made over $350 million with a budget of only $30 million.....and that was about 15 years ago.

mr007
06-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Lol lets not forget about Jessica Biel's ass! COME ON NOW, my tastes are impeccable ;)

I concur, that is a great booty shot. high5.

Boobs McGee
06-02-2009, 04:28 PM
^5

Atlas
06-02-2009, 06:12 PM

My eight year-old Daughter never really liked cars, but she loves Punky Brewster, Sabrina the Teenage Witch and the Brady Bunch.