PDA

View Full Version : Positive snippet on Tony Scheffler

eddie mac
05-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Broncos coach Josh McDaniels promised to "take advantage of every skill" TE Tony Scheffler possesses.

"Hes capable of doing a lot of things, were moving him around the field quite a bit," McDaniels said. "Tony is a very, very highly skilled player. He can run, he can catch, he can block ... He's made a good impression on our team here." Conventional wisdom notwithstanding, that doesn't sound like a coach who has every intention of weeding Scheffler out of his offense.

Honesty or does McDaniels have a career in advertising lined up after football. Hopefully the former but time will tell.

OABB
05-28-2009, 07:27 PM
I thought mcdipshytdummyface was going to trade him....

hmmmm.....

SureShot
05-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Recent history shows that would be the kiss of death. Nice knowing you Tony.

KipCorrington25
05-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Yeah taking advantage of him means trading him I"m sure.

Gcver2ver3
05-28-2009, 07:50 PM
i'd be a lot more interested in hearing what Tony has to say...

cutthemdown
05-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Didn't the Broncos float the notion only a first round pick would do? I was thinking Sheff could get traded, but closer it gets to training camp the less chance there is.

Once draft was over I figured he would be staying.

Mcdaniels will use everyone you know that. I'm sure he likes how scheff can line up wide, or go from TE spot.

Shhhhhhh but Broncos have a ton of weapons on offense people. It's sick really.

Let's break down some of the possible packages.

You could go small.

WR1 Marshall
WR2 Royal
WR3 Stokely/Gaffney
TE-Scheff

RB-Moreno

Or you could go a bit bigger

WR1 Marshall
WR2 Royal
TE Graham
TE Scheff

RB-Moreno

Or bigger yet

WR- Marshall
TE- Graham
TE- Quinn

FB-Hillis
RB-Moreno

It could be a real ground and pound offense that gets passing yrds because of enormous blocking TE, versatile RB's and FBS, and a good oline.

If you want to double Marshall then thats one less safety to help linebackers beat off Graham and Hillis. If in that big set you leave Marshall one on one we can max protect and give orton loads of time. I will take Marshall in that matchup any time.

cutthemdown
05-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Not to mention you could go Quinn and Graham at TE, With Hillis as the single back, royal and Marshall wide. Man you can ground and pound or throw the ball because Hillis can catch and so can Graham.

Cutler was so stupid he could have ended up breaking NFL records. All he had to do is say i will make people laugh that I was considered for trade, then make Broncos pay me big time!!! Instead off to cold snowy Chicago wear you probably get 1000 yrds a yr less.

MagicHef
05-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Or bigger yet

WR- Marshall
TE- Graham
TE- Graham

FB-Hillis
RB-Moreno

I'm not sure our cloning capabilities are up to speed yet.

cutthemdown
05-28-2009, 08:08 PM

lol yeah I meant Quinn lol

cutthemdown
05-28-2009, 08:09 PM

give me a break man I was on a roll.

Gcver2ver3
05-28-2009, 08:14 PM
give me a break man I was on a roll.

yes you were...

very good points...i'm excited about our chances...

footstepsfrom#27
05-28-2009, 08:15 PM
What's he say about Daniel Graham? Unless I missed it he's the only TE not getting praised yet. Or does he plan to start 3 TE's and leave Marshall and Royal sitting on the bench?

cutthemdown
05-28-2009, 08:22 PM
yes you were...

very good points...i'm excited about our chances...

Ya know, it's a tough crowd around this place. People correcting my english, insisting I not use same player twice, asking me to verify my stats instead of just making them up to suit me......Man this place used to be fun.

cutthemdown
05-28-2009, 08:25 PM
What's he say about Daniel Graham? Unless I missed it he's the only TE not getting praised yet. Or does he plan to start 3 TE's and leave Marshall and Royal sitting on the bench?

Graham I would think is safe until Broncos need his money. Uh Uh, Graham better start paring down the amount of crap in his locker.

Don't worry though I'm sure he Graham slated for some praise at some point.

lil ****er seems like he plans everything. Mcdaniels probably makes up his whole weekly wardrobe for the week, has little cubbies in his closet for each day.

Gcver2ver3
05-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Ya know, it's a tough crowd around this place. People correcting my english, insisting I not use same player twice, asking me to verify my stats instead of just making them up to suit me......Man this place used to be fun.

LOL...

tell me about it...

TonyR
05-28-2009, 08:45 PM
i'd be a lot more interested in hearing what Tony has to say...

Here you go.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/46415232.html

Gcver2ver3
05-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Here you go.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/46415232.html

yea i just came from that thread...

thanks...