PDA

View Full Version : Cops Stop Ambulance On Way To Hospital And Fight With EMT

MagicHef
05-28-2009, 01:17 PM
BOLEY, OK -- Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers get into a fight with a paramedic and it is all caught on videotape.

The incident happened near Boley in Okfuskee County.

In the video, you see OHP troopers pushing the paramedic and grabbing his neck.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=10428746

Garcia Bronco
05-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Sorry OHP. Ambulance trumps cop sirens.

bronco0608
05-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Most cops are the guys in high school who had inferiority complexes and did not do well in school.

Give them a badge, a weight bench, and cop car and you got trouble.

TailgateNut
05-28-2009, 01:23 PM
The KKK with a Badge!

Spider
05-28-2009, 01:25 PM
pretty ****ed up , but typical

Garcia Bronco
05-28-2009, 01:26 PM
My question is this...if the police were heading to their own emergency, how did they have time to worry about an ambulance heading to the hospital? It just doesn't add up.

vancejohnson82
05-28-2009, 01:26 PM
if you read the follow up article the cops got to their call first, then went after the EMTs

so basically, they handled their business, werent satisfied and went on to stroke their egos....why couldnt they let it go? they are both public servants trying to help the people of the county...its posturing testosterone pumping idiocy

Spider
05-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Sorry OHP. Ambulance trumps cop sirens.

depends on what the call was

footstepsfrom#27
05-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Saw this last night...pretty bizarre.

Doggcow
05-28-2009, 01:33 PM
depends on what the call was

On the way back to the hospital? I'm sorry, anything that needs to be done can be done AFTER they get the patient to treatment. This is just another incident of cops being ****heads and wishing they hadn't failed out of middle school.

supermanhr9
05-28-2009, 01:34 PM
what losers. Since when is strangling someone the correct way to restrain them? Ambulances trump trooper big time. If I was the family in the ambulance I'd sue the cops. What are the cops gonnan do next, pull over a fire truck for cutting them off?

TailgateNut
05-28-2009, 01:36 PM
what losers. Since when is strangling someone the correct way to restrain them? Ambulances trump trooper big time. If I was the family in the ambulance I'd sue the cops. What are the cops gonnan do next, pull over a fire truck for cutting them off?

Can't allow the donuts to get cold!

Garcia Bronco
05-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Here is the statement from the EMT. WOW.

These guys, the patrolmen in question, should be taken off the streets today.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/columnist/blogs/Ambulance_Incident_Reports%5B1%5D.pdf

Doggcow
05-28-2009, 01:38 PM

A couple years back a cop came flying around a corner and almost rear-ended me accelerating from the stoplight that had just turned green. Pulled me over, gave me a ticket for "Negligence." The court threw it out in 30 seconds when I told them the light had "Just turned green as he came around the corner, I wasn't in the left lane doing 4mph on purpose."

vancejohnson82
05-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Garcia,

There are phone numbers on that link that you provided...

You better duck and hide my friend because the Technicality Police are going to come and make you take that down...

Garcia Bronco
05-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Garcia,

There are phone numbers on that link that you provided...

You better duck and hide my friend because the Technicality Police are going to come and make you take that down...

I didn't make the pdf, nor did I release it to the internet. I think we'll be fine.

Spider
05-28-2009, 01:48 PM
On the way back to the hospital? I'm sorry, anything that needs to be done can be done AFTER they get the patient to treatment. This is just another incident of cops being ****heads and wishing they hadn't failed out of middle school.

no dont agree with what the troopers did , I feel they should be charged with Life endangerment ,unlawful detainment ( the woman in the Ambulance ), and some others that can be thought up , Iwas talking about who had the right away ....... if there is a hostage situation , robbery in progress , or some other life threatening situation the troopers were responding to , then the troopers have the ROY

TailgateNut
05-28-2009, 01:52 PM

Geezus!

HEAV
05-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Shocking! White redneck stateies power tripping on a black guy.

Checkout this video (NSFW bad words) of a normal guy pulling over a yokel local sheriff who was speeding.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Quf0ihNEdmI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Quf0ihNEdmI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MagicHef
05-28-2009, 01:53 PM
I hope this sticks:

Assaulting Paramedic Now Felony (http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0409/614797.html)

Doggcow
05-28-2009, 01:55 PM

Holy ****, don't flip off an officer, even if they provoke you, or they'll ****ing shoot you. Are you kidding me? This is ridiculous, the officer should be in jail.

vancejohnson82
05-28-2009, 01:56 PM
I didn't make the pdf, nor did I release it to the internet. I think we'll be fine.

haha...i was just referencing a thread from this morning that quoted a Sporting News ad that had a phone number

there was plenty of technical rule explaining going on

SureShot
05-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Shocking! White redneck stateies power tripping on a black guy.

Checkout this video (NSFW bad words) of a normal guy pulling over a yokel local sheriff who was speeding.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Quf0ihNEdmI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Quf0ihNEdmI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I don't think that guy should be doing 100mph with his check engine light on.:clown:

Flex Gunmetal
05-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Lock that ****bag up. What a douche, dude should be a an aspiring sandwich artist this time next month.

Spider
05-28-2009, 02:13 PM
If I am reading that statement as a Judge , those cops are screwed , You dont have time to be wasting while you are transporting a patient for medical treatment , those cops are damn lucky , that woman didnt die , If she had , Manslaughter charges would be considered

Spider
05-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Funny thing is , a few here got all riled up , when I said cops are just as much of a danger as terrorist , I made this statement after I posted , the story of the Wyoming trooper that wanted to kill a truck driver , then stage an accident that killed his wife , and sue for millions

OBF1
05-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Finally... A Highway Patrol bashing thread. I hate the son of a bitches, pulling me over and citing me for driving a safe 90+ mph. Police officers do not like Highway Patrol officers either.

Garcia Bronco
05-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Holy ****, don't flip off an officer, even if they provoke you, or they'll ****ing shoot you. Are you kidding me? This is ridiculous, the officer should be in jail.

Getting flipped off should be part of their training.

bronclvr
05-28-2009, 02:36 PM
I don't care who you are, what they did was wrong-could this be, in any way, race provoked? I realize the Driver of the Ambulance was a white guy, but it appears they didn't manhandle him-

TailgateNut
05-28-2009, 02:39 PM
Getting flipped off should be part of their training.

Getting shot and tasered should also be part of the training!

TailgateNut
05-28-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't care who you are, what they did was wrong-could this be, in any way, race provoked? I realize the Driver of the Ambulance was a white guy, but it appears they didn't manhandle him-

No, this is just SOP for one of those little dick bug****ers!

BroncoLifer
05-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Not that it makes it a good idea to do, but the Supreme Court has consistently ruled that flipping off a police officer from your car is protected free speech.

Doing so right in a cop's face could fall under "fighting words" or "threat to do bodily harm" but from inside a vehicle to a cop outside....it's free speech, baby.

watermock
05-28-2009, 03:04 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W1TXRAubwSY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W1TXRAubwSY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>.

dbfan21
07-23-2009, 07:38 AM
I guess the OHP finally ruled on the jackass that rode high on a power trip...

http://us.cnn.com/2009/US/07/23/oklahoma.trooper.suspended/index.html

An Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper was suspended Wednesday for five days without pay following a highly publicized scuffle with a paramedic in Okfuskee County in May, according to the Highway Patrol.

This is an image from a video that captured an Oklahoma trooper's scuffle with a paramedic in May.
The incident, which was caught on dash-camera and cell-phone video, showed Trooper Daniel Martin pulling over a Creek Nation ambulance for a traffic-stop violation. During the incident, Martin is heard repeatedly using profanity and twice getting into a scuffle with one of the paramedics.

Both paramedics and family members of the patient in the ambulance informed Martin several times by there was a patient inside, but he did not allow the paramedics to continue to the hospital while the video continued.

In a news conference Wednesday, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Captain Chris West said Martin "failed to recognize that it would have been more reasonable and appropriate to immediately allow the ambulance to continue to the hospital once he understood there was a patient onboard the ambulance." Watch the confrontation

West also said Martin had "probable cause to make the traffic stop and justification to arrest the paramedic for obstructing a police officer" but that the incident "resulted in conduct unbecoming an officer."

Martin's attorney, Gary James of Oklahoma City, did not immediately return a phone call from CNN.

In a disciplinary letter sent to Martin, Oklahoma Public Safety Department Commissioner Kevin Ward, concluded that the "disregard for the welfare of the patient [justified] severe discipline."

Martin will also be required to take an anger assessment, West said. The trooper had no previous discipline action in his record, according to West.

On Tuesday, the paramedic involved in the scuffle, Maurice White, filed a lawsuit against Martin in federal court claiming his civil rights were violated.

watermock
07-23-2009, 07:50 AM
Oh yes, let's make it civil rights issue and sue for 4 million.

Garcia Bronco
07-23-2009, 08:00 AM
I disagree with West, given that we are talking about am ambulance, they had no justification to pull that ambulance over. I guess West hasn't seen the first parts of the video.

I also recently went on a camping trip with a student training to be an EMT. In one of her classes they discussed this video and she said the EMT should have not left the patient.

ohiobronco2
07-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Slap on the wrist. I'm not saying he should be fired. But desk work should be in his immediate future and a public apology should be made.

Garcia Bronco
07-23-2009, 08:38 AM
Slap on the wrist. I'm not saying he should be fired. But desk work should be in his immediate future and a public apology should be made.

He should be fired. There is no excuse for the officer to act that way.

gyldenlove
07-23-2009, 08:40 AM
It is a good thing they only choked the black guy, people could think that Oklahoma highway cops are racist...

supermanhr9
07-23-2009, 08:44 AM

I don't what you just said, because there is a beautiful chick next to your post that distracted me....

Not sure about a civil rights violation.. but who knows...

PaintballCLE
07-23-2009, 08:52 AM
they did nothing wrong..........you can obviously see the EMT elbow the trooper in his throat and try to get away.

HILife
07-23-2009, 09:48 AM
It is a good thing they only choked the black guy, people could think that Oklahoma highway cops are racist...

I personally don't see anything that would clue me in to racism, but I am suprised no one tried to throw out the race card. This just looks like something Al Sharpton would be all over.

http://serenitythruhaiku.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/alsharpton.jpg

gyldenlove
07-23-2009, 10:11 AM
I personally don't see anything that would clue me in to racism, but I am suprised no one tried to throw out the race card. This just looks like something Al Sharpton would be all over.

http://serenitythruhaiku.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/alsharpton.jpg

Let's see, 1 white EMT and 1 black EMT, the black guy is being put into an arm lock the white guy isn't even being spoken to. Might be me, but that seems racist.

gyldenlove
07-23-2009, 10:12 AM
they did nothing wrong..........you can obviously see the EMT elbow the trooper in his throat and try to get away.

That fact that the cop was putting him in an arm lock that he was getting out of may have something to do with that.

SleepingTiger
07-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Most cops are the guys in high school who had inferiority complexes and did not do well in school.

Give them a badge, a weight bench, and cop car and you got trouble.

yeah... right on. by the way, you're douche

tsiguy96
07-23-2009, 11:15 AM
yeah... right on. by the way, you're douche

my school has possibly the countries best law enforcement program, hes not taht far from the truth from a good percentage of them. not all, but quite a few.

GoBroncos DownUnder
07-23-2009, 11:30 AM
I think the "almost scuffle" part was VERY interesting.
It's two sides of the "public service" finding new ground in their job.

The police officer finding someone he CAN'T arrest (so you KNOW he was extra pissed off!), and the Medic being told he was about to be taken away from his patient - whose welfare he is legally responsible for!

I thought the medic did a pretty good job of resisting arrest, without actually fighting. :notworthy