PDA

View Full Version : Marshall's blog discusses a lack of diagnosis of his hip injury last season

montrose
05-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Here's his direct quote:

As most of you know I had surgery April 1st on my hip where they repaired something that was killing me last year. It’s kind of funny now but last season some of my coaches thought I was getting “big headed” and just didn’t want to practice but I needed some fine tuning.

What made last year so weird was that I got two MRIs, one in camp and the second around week six and was told nothing was wrong but come to find out THERE WAS A BIT OF A PROBLEM after all.

http://www.bmarshall15.com/blog/?p=134#more-134

------------------------------------------------------

Now some of you may know I'm not the biggest fan of Greek, especially after reading Fastis' book. Obviously I'm no doctor, but I find it interesting they couldn't diagnosis this injury last year and now with the same medical team but new football operations staff they determined he needed to have this surgery in April. Odd...

BroncoMan4ever
05-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Greek should have been purged with the rest of the trash. all the pulled muscles and strains and sprains and misdiagnosis of the players the last few seasons, fall on the medical staff and the S&C coaches.

also how we fade down the stretch is on them as well.

Man-Goblin
05-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Pretty disturbing. Didn't they also misdiagnose the injury that was fatal to TD's career?

As for Brandon, he seems to be taking more of a swipe at his old coaches than at the medical staff. Perhaps this was the catalyst to the rumored 'trade me' fight he had in a position meeting.

telluride
05-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Don't get me started on Greek or Tuten. Both of them should have been booted the minute McDaniels came onboard.

Maybe they still will be.

titan
05-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Marshall seems to like Philip Rivers better than Cutler did ("I ran into Phillip Rivers out there too (great guy).")

Greek must be a Bowlen favorite - surprised McDaniels didn't bring in his own guy.

broncosteven
05-27-2009, 08:27 PM
I still thought it took them too long to figure that there was an issue with Cutler and the Beetus. If you are in your early 20's and lose 30 lbs there is a big problem...

TheReverend
05-27-2009, 08:29 PM
"and just didn’t want to practice but I needed some fine tuning."

Now how would they have gotten that idea... (TC 2007) lol. You're better than that Brandon.

CHANGSTER
05-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Read a bit like they may have known but didn't want to lose him for any period of time. At least that's what it sounded like he may have been implying.

SoCalBronco
05-27-2009, 09:44 PM
http://www.diabetes-exercise.org/images/Cutler3.jpg

http://capslockhouse.pbwiki.com/f/fail.PNG

****ing Greek.

tsiguy96
05-27-2009, 09:50 PM
surprised they didnt change all them too....broncos have awful history with injuries and injury recovery...

SoCalBronco
05-27-2009, 09:52 PM
surprised they didnt change all them too....broncos have awful history with injuries and injury recovery...

We've done our homework on this and Willie's fine. We're glad to get him in the first round and feel confident that his medical issues are past him. In fact, Greek just gave our staff the thumbs up last week.

TheReverend
05-27-2009, 09:57 PM
We've done our homework on this and Willie's fine. We're glad to get him in the first round and feel confident that his medical issues are past him. In fact, Greek just gave our staff the thumbs up last week.

Toveissi will recover.

Al can play. He's fine. Trade him to the Giants.

Cutler's just feeling the pressure of being a starting QB.

Mediator12
05-27-2009, 10:27 PM
It does not even start with Trevor Pryce's back injury that Started his walk out the door. They put his ass back on the field where he promptly reinjured it more severely.

One of the biggest things that differs between the teams is the medical staff and treatment philosophy. DEN's current group is a mess and has been for awhile...

Bob's your Information Minister
05-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Classic Shanahan, actually.

montrose
05-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Don't forget throwing Olandis Gary back out onto the field with a torn ACL.

Hercules Rockefeller
05-27-2009, 10:44 PM

If it's torn, you can't tear it a second time, and Gary chose to go back out on the field. There's a long list of injury issues, many of which have already been mentioned, but that's not one of them.

Mediator12
05-27-2009, 10:53 PM
If it's torn, you can't tear it a second time, and Gary chose to go back out on the field. There's a long list of injury issues, many of which have already been mentioned, but that's not one of them.

No, you can not tear it again. However, the ACL protects the rest of the knee from Torque. He could have destroyed his meniscus and other vital knee tissue. The ACL tear is not what is the problem, its screwing up what it protects. Playing on a torn ACL can destroy more sensitive knee supports. And when guys blow a knee, its the other tissue that often hinders a full recovery besides the ACL itself.

montrose
05-27-2009, 10:53 PM

I may not remember this exactly correctly, but I'm pretty sure I recall reading in the paper the next day that while testing his knee on the sideline, Greek gave the okay to Gary to back in the game. He did the same thing to a scrub kicker (I think Tyler Frederickson) in 2006 per Fastis' book - both players had torn ACLs at the time.

TheReverend
05-27-2009, 11:02 PM
It does not even start with Trevor Pryce's back injury that Started his walk out the door. They put his ass back on the field where he promptly reinjured it more severely.

One of the biggest things that differs between the teams is the medical staff and treatment philosophy. DEN's current group is a mess and has been for awhile...

In fairness, NE is easily the most guilty of this. Greek was probably kept because he knows how to shut his mouth and trick guys into playing.

BroncoMan4ever
05-27-2009, 11:08 PM

didn't they also misdiagnose TD which led to further damaging the knee and in turn ending his career?